Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220741 times)

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1890 on: August 02, 2022, 08:01:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

This is an interesting one:

https://sectprebook.com/collections/decks/products/believe-blue-8-75

Details
Channel the early 90s street skating creativity with this 8.75" Egg shape. 14.25" WB.

[close]

This looks awesome. I have some Indy 159a, that maybe could fit? If that deck is 32" or shorter, I will get it.
[close]
I’ve been wanting to get a deck for my 8.75” ventures. Here it is!

https://sectprebook.com/collections/falliday-2022-decks/products/sammy-montano-welcome-class-9

Saw this one looking at that sect page.

"Shape based on the original AWS Dyrdek Mantis shape from 91/92. Assorted top and bottom veneer. Art by Sammy Montano."

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #1891 on: August 02, 2022, 08:20:41 PM »
Other than potentially the Metal one posted above - any other smaller egg shapes out there that taper over the trucks to 8.00”?

Contemplating giving a smaller board a shot with one of the 8 inch sets of trucks I have laying around

DLX makes an 8.38 egg that works with 8-inch trucks. Mini version of their “Flyer” shape? There’s been a few Grimple decks on it in recent drops.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1892 on: August 03, 2022, 12:42:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

This is an interesting one:

https://sectprebook.com/collections/decks/products/believe-blue-8-75

Details
Channel the early 90s street skating creativity with this 8.75" Egg shape. 14.25" WB.

[close]

This looks awesome. I have some Indy 159a, that maybe could fit? If that deck is 32" or shorter, I will get it.
[close]
I’ve been wanting to get a deck for my 8.75” ventures. Here it is!
[close]

https://sectprebook.com/collections/falliday-2022-decks/products/sammy-montano-welcome-class-9

Saw this one looking at that sect page.

"Shape based on the original AWS Dyrdek Mantis shape from 91/92. Assorted top and bottom veneer. Art by Sammy Montano."

On the website it says, "in stock November 2022"
Could be a nice christmas gift to myself then ^^
IG: @flowterspace

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1893 on: August 04, 2022, 12:48:31 AM »
Joinedthe hoard. Symmetrical Egg. Hate the graphics and having ‘Heroin’ on my board but love the shape!

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1894 on: August 04, 2022, 05:47:57 PM »
Any eggheads cop the franky primitive mystery box? What boards did you get? I have until midnight to pull the trigger, still unsure. 2 franky eggs for $60 is pretty hard to beat…

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1895 on: August 04, 2022, 06:14:27 PM »
Any eggheads cop the franky primitive mystery box? What boards did you get? I have until midnight to pull the trigger, still unsure. 2 franky eggs for $60 is pretty hard to beat…

I pulled the trigger but fedex says I wont wont get them til Saturday. FedEx tracking also shows they’ve not left wherever they shipped from. And I ordered 8/2/22 so I’m hoping they are enroute and fedex just don’t update their tracking

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #1896 on: August 04, 2022, 07:04:22 PM »
Franky’s board royalties this month are gonna wild if this thread is any indication

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1897 on: August 04, 2022, 09:19:55 PM »

Dragon Ball egg and Franky scatter egg

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1898 on: August 04, 2022, 10:29:25 PM »
Franky’s board royalties this month are gonna wild if this thread is any indication

Ha yeah, but is that even still a thing?

Also I thought it was based on production numbers, not sales numbers, but I don't know much about how things work nowdays for those companies.  I seem to recall that was how it was a while back anyway.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1899 on: August 05, 2022, 07:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dragon Ball egg and Franky scatter egg
Mine just got delivered, same as above. Where's that thread about the best way to remove graphics? (i like the scatter graphic, but I can't seriously ride a DBZ deck)

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1900 on: August 05, 2022, 08:42:38 AM »
I got you. As I’m waiting for my mystery box to be delivered. I feel I need to start getting ready to get rid of the dbz graphics.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=102579.0

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1901 on: August 05, 2022, 09:39:17 AM »
Can anyone who got the recent Primitive egg 2 fer cheap deal measure the wheelbase?  I got major anxiety doing some internet searching - some sites say the dbz egg and Franky scattered have a 14.4 wb?!?!? I thought their 9.125 egg shape was supposed to have a 14.25 wb...

My shipment don't come til Monday, but I'll be sleepless unless someone can confirm hopefully more like a 14.25 wb.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1902 on: August 05, 2022, 09:50:04 AM »
Can anyone who got the recent Primitive egg 2 fer cheap deal measure the wheelbase?  I got major anxiety doing some internet searching - some sites say the dbz egg and Franky scattered have a 14.4 wb?!?!? I thought their 9.125 egg shape was supposed to have a 14.25 wb...

My shipment don't come til Monday, but I'll be sleepless unless someone can confirm hopefully more like a 14.25 wb.
Top sticker says 14.43 and my tape measure agrees, measured center-to-center on the holes. "inside" to "inside" of the holes is 14.25 on the dot

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #1903 on: August 05, 2022, 10:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also I thought it was based on production numbers, not sales numbers, but I don't know much about how things work nowdays for those companies.  I seem to recall that was how it was a while back anyway.

I’m sure you’re right, was just having a laugh

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1904 on: August 05, 2022, 10:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Top sticker says 14.43 and my tape measure agrees, measured center-to-center on the holes. "inside" to "inside" of the holes is 14.25 on the dot

Gah.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #1905 on: August 05, 2022, 12:45:58 PM »
Went ahead and set this up last night.  I call it my impulse buy setup

Heroin Fried Egg 2 8.9" w/ 14.375 wb
Ace AF1 55 Lows. Swapped out the bottom bushing with a pair of classics because the short ones that came stock were just way too squirly for my liking.
Boardy Cakes 49mm Round Ups
Reds Big Balls

Get hungry on it!

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1906 on: August 05, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Gah.

I've had both 14.25 and 14.43 Villani Primitive eggs. The last three have been 14.43, so I assume that's what they mean for it to be.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #1907 on: August 05, 2022, 05:35:11 PM »
Crosspost from the set up thread

Quasi Egg 9” x 32” with 13.75” wb
Film 6.0
Spitfire f4 54mm conical full 97a
Bones big balls
7/8th” Allen
Mob
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1908 on: August 05, 2022, 07:46:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Gah.
[close]

I've had both 14.25 and 14.43 Villani Primitive eggs. The last three have been 14.43, so I assume that's what they mean for it to be.

What trucks did you run on the 14.43? I was planning thunder goes it’s been my go too. But idk that may stretch it too much. Indy or Royal?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1909 on: August 05, 2022, 08:14:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’m sure you’re right, was just having a laugh

For sure!

Must be a lot of them going out though with that special deal on Primitive boards.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #1910 on: August 05, 2022, 08:35:14 PM »

Ace AF1 55 Lows. Swapped out the bottom bushing with a pair of classics because the short ones that came stock were just way too squirly for my liking.
Reds Big Balls
This board is beautiful!

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #1911 on: August 06, 2022, 07:00:01 AM »
BA KU decks from Skull lookin kinda rad.  10"x32.5" with 14.5" WB

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this, these look amazing
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #1912 on: August 06, 2022, 10:09:32 AM »
Expand Quote

Reds Big Balls
[close]
This board is beautiful!
Thanks! My first egg, we’ll see how it treats me.

Get hungry on it!

oldxdad

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1913 on: August 11, 2022, 07:58:01 AM »
Put this one together yesterday.
- Heroin 8.88 symmetrical egg
- Ace AF1s 55
- 55mm Spitfire F4 Delfino Classics

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1914 on: August 18, 2022, 04:14:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Gah.
[close]

[close]

What trucks did you run on the 14.43? I was planning thunder goes it’s been my go too. But idk that may stretch it too much. Indy or Royal?

I just got this board within the last month, i have 2 of them and they are identical.

i thought wheelbase was meant to be measured basically that space in between where the holes are. it is 14.25" from that distance. that is also what it literally says on the sticker that comes with the board. comparing to my Anti Hero Blue Meanie board measuring from the same spot, its 14.75": which lines up with the description for that board. some people measure from the centre? if i were to measure from there, its like 16" which doesnt make any sense. so i am fairly convinced 14.25" is the correct WB measurement for this shape + graphic at least.
ONTARIO CANADA

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1915 on: August 18, 2022, 12:31:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Gah.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I just got this board within the last month, i have 2 of them and they are identical.

i thought wheelbase was meant to be measured basically that space in between where the holes are. it is 14.25" from that distance. that is also what it literally says on the sticker that comes with the board. comparing to my Anti Hero Blue Meanie board measuring from the same spot, its 14.75": which lines up with the description for that board. some people measure from the centre? if i were to measure from there, its like 16" which doesnt make any sense. so i am fairly convinced 14.25" is the correct WB measurement for this shape + graphic at least.

Center of the innermost holes. Not from the innermost edges of the innermost holes.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #1916 on: August 18, 2022, 02:17:36 PM »
Crosspost from the set up thread

Expand Quote

Quasi Egg 9” x 32” with 13.75” wb
Film 6.0
Spitfire f4 54mm conical full 97a
Bones big balls
7/8th” Allen
Mob
[close]

How you finding the short wheelbase? 
From memory that' board is pretty small compared to what u usually skate

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1917 on: August 23, 2022, 02:33:43 PM »
just set up the 2nd of my Villani eggs from the 2fer deal and immediately noticed that something seemed off. Got out my tape measure and confirmed that the front truck holes are drilled 1/8" off-center. Gonna take it out for a spin tonight to see if i can notice it, but i feel like it's going to be a thing of mind-over-matter and will always bother me. I wonder if it's because of the extreme taper which causes the inconsistency in QC? I didn't notice this on the other deck but now i'll have to go double-check that one. It's slightly noticeable here in the photo, much more apparent IRL

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #1918 on: August 23, 2022, 04:09:16 PM »
just set up the 2nd of my Villani eggs from the 2fer deal and immediately noticed that something seemed off. Got out my tape measure and confirmed that the front truck holes are drilled 1/8" off-center. Gonna take it out for a spin tonight to see if i can notice it, but i feel like it's going to be a thing of mind-over-matter and will always bother me. I wonder if it's because of the extreme taper which causes the inconsistency in QC? I didn't notice this on the other deck but now i'll have to go double-check that one. It's slightly noticeable here in the photo, much more apparent IRL

That sort of thing is usually covered under warranty.

Can I also use this in the Woodshop thread?  There was a conversation about this happening the other day.

Also did you note where that one came from, if the sticker said made in Mexico, China or USA?

Thanks.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1919 on: August 24, 2022, 05:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That sort of thing is usually covered under warranty.

Can I also use this in the Woodshop thread?  There was a conversation about this happening the other day.

Also did you note where that one came from, if the sticker said made in Mexico, China or USA?

Thanks.
It's definitely BBS/Mexico. I actually wound up having a fantastic session on it, and now that it's worn in a bit it seems less noticeable. I don't often venture into the woodshop thread except to check out a new brand, so I'm not familiar with the specific discussion on this there, but feel free to share.