Author Topic: JERRY HSU ON GRIMPLESTIX  (Read 26881 times)

ChiefSQueff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -263
JERRY HSU ON GRIMPLESTIX
« on: July 09, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »
Just saw on insta he is the newest rider along with frank gerwer. I know its a fake company just like slaps soul but he is most likely not going to be on 18 after. Queff it up!!!!!

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
Re: JERRY HSU ON GRIMPLESTIX
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »
thought he was a better fit on krooked honestly

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 06:27:13 PM »
grimple has almost 50K followers already. if these fake brands actually take off they wont be fake brands anymore, which im sure DLX is hoping happens. I dont really wanna support any brand where the company owners are sitting at the office laughing about "people are actually buying this stuff"

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 06:33:33 PM »
They changed the name of some other instagram for the time being. I don't follow this horse shit and it's in my feed.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »
It was gerwers account with all the hobo pictures

Pigeon

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 07:30:55 PM »
Someone should create accounts for their old names and then sell them back for gear or money.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 07:45:19 PM »
is this company supposed to be a jab at Welcome?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 07:48:44 PM »

i think a mix of welcome and PS Stix, still cant top what the guy from Assault did years ago

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think a mix of welcome and PS Stix, still cant top what the guy from Assault did years ago
Care to remind me?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

boogs

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »
grimple has almost 50K followers already. if these fake brands actually take off they wont be fake brands anymore, which im sure DLX is hoping happens. I dont really wanna support any brand where the company owners are sitting at the office laughing about "people are actually buying this stuff"
same

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 08:40:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Care to remind me?

he ripped off one of their graphics and wrote out Un-Welcome in their font, it was on facebook or something

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 08:42:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a shame that Assault is the name of an actual board brand and not TNT's fake Anti-Hero spinoff.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 09:24:30 PM »
Someone should create accounts for their old names and then sell them back for gear or money.

looks like @streethandle (his old ig name if i remember correctly) is already taken by someone with the same grimplestix logo. most likely someone from dlx thought of this before they made the switch.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 09:28:43 PM »
Can we start posting the links to these posts?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 09:31:47 PM »
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 10:26:13 PM »
this whole thing is so weird and petty to me.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 10:50:19 PM »
Just get back on Maple, Jerry.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 11:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Care to remind me?
[close]

he ripped off one of their graphics and wrote out Un-Welcome in their font, it was on facebook or something

It's funny watching the old guard feel threatened by the new crop of brands. Welcome is a skater-owned company hooking up guys who the industry shunned, doing something different with a wide selection of graphics, sponsoring women from (almost) the beginning, making quality videos, taking guys on tours, basically doing everything right - and most importantly resonating with skateboarders worldwide. 

Meanwhile Anti-Hero has done recent collaborations with Nike and Zumiez (or rather Fast Times - the shop owned by Zumiez that operates under a different name). They should be taking pot shots at those corporations rather than skater-owned companies who have found success in a niche long neglected by Deluxe brands. This will surely only alienate skaters further.

IHOP

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 11:34:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Care to remind me?
[close]

[close]

It's funny watching the old guard feel threatened by the new crop of brands. Welcome is a skater-owned company hooking up guys who the industry shunned, doing something different with a wide selection of graphics, sponsoring women from (almost) the beginning, making quality videos, taking guys on tours, basically doing everything right - and most importantly resonating with skateboarders worldwide. 

Meanwhile Anti-Hero has done recent collaborations with Nike and Zumiez (or rather Fast Times - the shop owned by Zumiez that operates under a different name). They should be taking pot shots at those corporations rather than skater-owned companies who have found success in a niche long neglected by Deluxe brands. This will surely only alienate skaters further.

Yea yea welcome also sells to zumiez after claiming they never would.  The real riders they had that were "shunned by the industry" and built the brand all left because of how corny and disrespectful jason was to them.  The current team is no niche, just skaters who grab their board more or put rails on their board.

This antihero shit is corny too but so is welcome.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 11:40:10 PM »
Yeah not to take away from anti heros new grab, i like grimplestix because its hewitt and frank being weird. these other offshoots might not be as entertaining when they emerge in the coming days.

that said, welcome make logo pricepoint boards for zumiez

neither are winning this one

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 12:52:00 AM »
this is honestly their best move rn they have nothing to lose it's drumming up interest in a tired, overstuffed brand. yeah it's a gimmick but it's working.

Randozzi

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 01:02:41 AM »
The Moe, Larry and Curly show has just begun. It seems like Deluxe is letting the mokey's have some fun and I for one can't wait to see what all of these brains and typewriters come up with. So far it hasn't been bad.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 01:33:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Care to remind me?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea yea welcome also sells to zumiez after claiming they never would.  The real riders they had that were "shunned by the industry" and built the brand all left because of how corny and disrespectful jason was to them.  The current team is no niche, just skaters who grab their board more or put rails on their board.

This antihero shit is corny too but so is welcome.
How about revive?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 01:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Care to remind me?
[close]

[close]

Meanwhile Anti-Hero has done recent collaborations with Nike and Zumiez (or rather Fast Times - the shop owned by Zumiez that operates under a different name).

Fast Times is owned by Zumies? I was not aware of this. Hope the Mapstones (who I've always assumed owned PSC/Fast Times) got a nice payout.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 01:52:25 AM »
It was gerwers account with all the hobo pictures

I was trying to figure out how this popped up in my IG feed. It all makes sense now
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 02:01:06 AM »
they changed the game.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 04:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Care to remind me?
[close]

[close]

Meanwhile Anti-Hero has done recent collaborations with Nike and Zumiez (or rather Fast Times - the shop owned by Zumiez that operates under a different name).
[close]

Fast Times is owned by Zumies? I was not aware of this. Hope the Mapstones (who I've always assumed owned PSC/Fast Times) got a nice payout.

I believe one of them did. Not sure if the other still had any ownership.

http://www.mr-mag.com/zumiez-acquires-australian-skate-retailer-fast-times/

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 04:45:27 AM »
Frank can do know wrong. The rest of them not so much. I like this new direction alot but i would never buy this shit. Queffs all around

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 04:47:36 AM »
Anti hero must feel threatened
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 04:51:03 AM »
Frank can do know wrong. The rest of them not so much. I like this new direction alot but i would never buy this shit. Queffs all around