Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1457805 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #7620 on: December 31, 2021, 07:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's ok to laugh and ignore the suffering of other people as long as you film it.
[close]

When did we start taking about Beagle?
[close]
beagle seems like a good guy but some of the homelss explotation is his videos is disgusting and regular.
[close]

Like using “regular” as a pejorative  in 2021
[close]
You can choose to not use the word and that's fine but exploiting homeless people like beagle is a very dumb decision, This youtube channel "tweaker hunters" who bullies and exploits homeless people for a living so people can give them high fives and money is perfect example of how regular these people are, it is the kookiest shit ever and evil.

Did you just wake up from a coma?   We do not use “regular” or for that matter “gay” (just had to add bc of what you seem like) as insults.   Been a good 15 years on that one.    Reaaaaaallly devalues your point

TunnelVision1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -76
  • Kingofhellfarts
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7621 on: December 31, 2021, 07:35:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's ok to laugh and ignore the suffering of other people as long as you film it.
[close]

[close]
beagle seems like a good guy but some of the homelss explotation is his videos is disgusting and regular.
[close]

[close]
You can choose to not use the word and that's fine but exploiting homeless people like beagle is a very dumb decision, This youtube channel "tweaker hunters" who bullies and exploits homeless people for a living so people can give them high fives and money is perfect example of how regular these people are, it is the kookiest shit ever and evil.

[close]

Did you just wake up from a coma?   We do not use “regular” or for that matter “gay” (just had to add bc of what you seem like) as insults.   Been a good 15 years on that one.    Reaaaaaallly devalues your point
"we", spoken as a true sheep.
At least my dad thinks so.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #7623 on: December 31, 2021, 08:07:44 PM »
It’s just like golf, you play it as it lies. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7624 on: December 31, 2021, 08:08:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
"we", spoken as a true sheep.

Sheep say “baa”

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
« Reply #7625 on: December 31, 2021, 08:20:13 PM »
Mark is such a pussy. Milton would’ve had like 5 homeless in that trick maybe even a baby homeless.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #7626 on: December 31, 2021, 08:37:32 PM »
Mark is such a pussy. Milton would’ve had like 5 homeless in that trick maybe even a baby homeless.

Mikey Taylor would of evicted people and created his own homeless. Truly the most hek ride

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7627 on: January 01, 2022, 05:01:37 PM »
Homeless people existing on film during the spontaneous capture of street skateboarding is not exploiting the homeless.

Major cities pricing everyone out and creating a culture of dependence that does not seek to rehabilitate those that could get back on their feet does exploit the homeless.

People complained about it with that Greco Glass Carousel video too, but it’s probably hard to film anything there without any homeless people in your footage, which is a bigger problem than the footage.  itself.

There's a difference between catching glimpses of homeless people in clips because they were around when filming and using them as props so a million to billion dollar company can get more street cred. It's not hard to use angles that don't have them in the shot and/or offer them a few bucks to move for an hour.

Using homeless folks in skate clips has been a thing for 30+ years now, but as it's becoming more common knowledge how gentrification and legislation is exacerbating the issue, you'd think we as a culture would to let the practice die out.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #7628 on: January 01, 2022, 05:18:30 PM »
I know they were definitely tweaked but can we confirm these individuals are without homes?

Quote from: Travis Cole
"You know how I feel about the homeless:
 they're people without homes"

nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #7629 on: January 01, 2022, 05:24:57 PM »
Obviously by the time/era
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7630 on: January 01, 2022, 05:25:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Homeless people existing on film during the spontaneous capture of street skateboarding is not exploiting the homeless.

Major cities pricing everyone out and creating a culture of dependence that does not seek to rehabilitate those that could get back on their feet does exploit the homeless.

People complained about it with that Greco Glass Carousel video too, but it’s probably hard to film anything there without any homeless people in your footage, which is a bigger problem than the footage.  itself.
[close]

There's a difference between catching glimpses of homeless people in clips because they were around when filming and using them as props so a million to billion dollar company can get more street cred. It's not hard to use angles that don't have them in the shot and/or offer them a few bucks to move for an hour.

Using homeless folks in skate clips has been a thing for 30+ years now, but as it's becoming more common knowledge how gentrification and legislation is exacerbating the issue, you'd think we as a culture would to let the practice die out.

I don’t understand this “street cred” point.   Anyone actually care one way or the other if there are people on the right edge of the frame or not regardless of perceived economic class?   

Do you think there are any skaters who saw this ad and thought how much cooler mark is because people were closer than usual (mind you in the heavy fisheye days the filmers would have been a lot closer). 

Honestly, I think it’s a matter of suciu thinking he could bang out a difficult trick off first-try without bothering anyone

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #7631 on: January 01, 2022, 05:43:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don’t understand this “street cred” point.   Anyone actually care one way or the other if there are people on the right edge of the frame or not regardless of perceived economic class?   

Do you think there are any skaters who saw this ad and thought how much cooler mark is because people were closer than usual (mind you in the heavy fisheye days the filmers would have been a lot closer). 

Honestly, I think it’s a matter of suciu thinking he could bang out a difficult trick off first-try without bothering anyone

It seems like the ad’s real crime was reminding people that both political parties have failed the homeless, and it’s only getting worse.

But Mark did not fail them with that bs noseblunt. 

manysnakes

« Reply #7632 on: January 01, 2022, 08:22:57 PM »
This just popped up on my insta. His caption really set me off.

image uploader free

Fuck this guy, is he just trying to tick all the "real street skater" boxes? This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Lmao

manysnakes

« Reply #7633 on: January 01, 2022, 08:27:59 PM »
I know they were definitely tweaked but can we confirm these individuals are without homes?

Quote from: Travis Cole
Expand Quote
"You know how I feel about the homeless:
 they're people without homes"
[close]

The best thing about all this is that Slap and Twitter sees two black people sitting on the stairs and immediately assume that they’re homeless

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #7634 on: January 01, 2022, 08:33:13 PM »
Now 2 threads over this shit. You guys are absolutely fucking fried.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

disappointed

• Rep: 100
« Reply #7635 on: January 01, 2022, 08:37:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

”use angles that don't have them in the shot and/or offer them a few bucks to move for an hour”

So, just dehumanise people even further by erasing them completely? Nice.

Obviously if they wanted to move, they would have. Instead they decided to get a close up of SOTY 2021 at work. And no way Mark took “an hour” to get his trick.

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
« Reply #7636 on: January 02, 2022, 07:07:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So its better to simply ignore their existence and avoid them completely? Kick them out? Isn't it more humanitarian so say fuck it these tweakers are just like everyone else and they're sitting on the stairs i'm about to skate, so I'm going for it anyways?

Would it have been a more acceptable photo for you if it was a bunch of wall street guys in suits drinking starbucks? Maybe you're the one who thinks so much lesser of them that simply having them in a photo is exploitation, because they're so wretched.
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

d0rk

• Rep: -21
« Reply #7637 on: January 02, 2022, 11:19:47 AM »
Everyone getting all butthurt over Suciu and yet probably haven't done jack shit for homeless people. Get a grip ffs.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #7638 on: January 02, 2022, 11:32:28 AM »
Everyone getting all butthurt over Suciu and yet probably haven't done jack shit for homeless people. Get a grip ffs.

Not to mention the whole argument is moot in the case that he simply asked them if they mind, which most likely he did.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #7639 on: January 02, 2022, 01:33:18 PM »
I can’t tell if any of this is serious or parody

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #7640 on: January 02, 2022, 04:37:55 PM »
So nobody got a screen shot huh… y’all are fried.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #7641 on: January 03, 2022, 01:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

So its better to simply ignore their existence and avoid them completely? Kick them out? Isn't it more humanitarian so say fuck it these tweakers are just like everyone else and they're sitting on the stairs i'm about to skate, so I'm going for it anyways?

Would it have been a more acceptable photo for you if it was a bunch of wall street guys in suits drinking starbucks? Maybe you're the one who thinks so much lesser of them that simply having them in a photo is exploitation, because they're so wretched.

So asking someone nicely to move (or offering them a few bucks) is more dehumanizing than just going for it anyway without any regard to the space they were in first and their safety?

I didn't say anything about pretending they don't exist. I just said it's fucked up to make someone extremely rough point of their life a focal point to serve the purpose of marketing a shoe company. Maybe Greco vid and Suciu ad were trying highlight the homeless crisis in LA and NYC, but it's a little disingenuous since the ultimate purpose of both is to sell shoes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 01:45:57 PM by Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace »
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

cky enthusiast

« Reply #7642 on: January 03, 2022, 07:01:27 PM »
if either of y’all see this on the public library computer or cricket wireless smartphone feel free to weigh in- big time stalemate here and your perspective would really help. thanks

disappointed

• Rep: 100
« Reply #7643 on: January 03, 2022, 07:31:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

So asking someone nicely to move (or offering them a few bucks) is more dehumanizing than just going for it anyway without any regard to the space they were in first and their safety?

I didn't say anything about pretending they don't exist. I just said it's fucked up to make someone extremely rough point of their life a focal point to serve the purpose of marketing a shoe company. Maybe Greco vid and Suciu ad were trying highlight the homeless crisis in LA and NYC, but it's a little disingenuous since the ultimate purpose of both is to sell shoes.

Do we actually know they were sitting on the steps first, or maybe they took a seat after Mark was already skating the rail. Whatever the case, this is public infrastructure that nobody owns so everyone gets to use it - and if you want to sit on stairs, that’s cool, but it doesn’t mean no one else gets to use the stairs while your chillin. Do we want street skate to pay people to be in/not be in shots to make it more palatable? Whatever, this is just street life, live and let live.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -235
« Reply #7644 on: January 04, 2022, 01:36:31 AM »
you can't fade the muska...

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #7645 on: January 04, 2022, 04:18:15 AM »
this is for lame posts, that was clearly sick af

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #7646 on: January 04, 2022, 04:24:55 AM »
For real. Eli Reed is hyped, would love to see a dance off.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 06:02:31 AM by Cuban_Lynx »

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -235
« Reply #7647 on: January 04, 2022, 05:11:02 AM »

wrong. i 100% love the muska, but dad-aged fools dancing on social media is a hard no, zero exceptions.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 676
  • Free Max B
« Reply #7648 on: January 04, 2022, 05:15:17 AM »
Can someone post this tasteless adidas ad with sushiyo bc I missed it

Free max b
FREE MAX B

manysnakes

« Reply #7649 on: January 04, 2022, 05:18:50 AM »