Author Topic: Jeremy Wray on Rebooting his skate career  (Read 17686 times)

conqueso

Re: Jeremy Wray on Rebooting his skate career
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2018, 10:00:38 AM »
I do hope he tries to kf the water tower gap like someone already said in here. It might be the only way.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2018, 10:20:12 AM »
maybe im naive here but does he really need to wait on someone specific to film a part? just pretend its the olden days and make a sponsor me tape.

Usually when people say they would do something if only it weren't for having to wait on something/someone beyond their control it means they wouldn't do it under any circumstances.

artskool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2018, 12:01:25 PM »
Just imagine how terrible everybody would feel if he went to kickflip the water tower gap to relaunch his career and came up short.

Skateboarding is fun, and obviously it's own reward. Waiting for somebody to pay you to rip is not a wise move. 

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2018, 12:25:56 PM »
Waiting 7 years for someone to help film a part? LOL. What filmers would not be down to film with Jeremy Wray?

headtowall

• Rep: -12
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2018, 12:32:20 PM »
Waiting 7 years for someone to help film a part? LOL. What filmers would not be down to film with Jeremy Wray?
ones that need to make money

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »
Yeah reminds me of when I used to smoke cigarettes. I'd always be coming up with scenarios like, well i would quit if only this, this, and this were to happen. Kinda a self-defeating attitude. Hope he is able to become self-motivated. At the same time it's one thing when you skate like Guy and MJ. But his type of skating that would garner him a cover would be like something Joslin or Mason Silva would do, which just isn't possible for a guy his age. Too bad he didn't get to milk it a little longer. Def would've rather seen him with the street legend role on Plan B over Duffy.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2018, 04:43:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's true but if Wray filmed a full part sponsorless, I feel like Thrasher would post it and they pay filmers. Either Wrey, he's Jeremy way. Legends have connections

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
That's true but if Wray filmed a full part sponsorless, I feel like Thrasher would post it and they pay filmers. Either Wrey, he's Jeremy way. Legends have connections

he doesnt even need to film a full part! just film something other than the occasional skate park clip. again just look at what chico does. he just films himself cruising around doing tricks. this shouldnt be a big production and the fact that is shows he either doesnt get it or doesnt really want it. its probably both. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2018, 05:23:27 PM »
Just a reminder that twice since 2010, fucking Chad Fernandez has dropped a heavy part with absolutely no support from the industry and got everyone talking about him, twice.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2018, 05:25:42 PM »
Just a reminder that twice since 2010, fucking Chad Fernandez has dropped a heavy part with absolutely no support from the industry and got everyone talking about him, twice.

Jeremy wasn't ever a proponent of gargoyling though.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2018, 07:22:24 PM »

Spot on.

The painful truth is the industry more than has it quota of "Legends" filled, how much product is he really going to move for a company?

Dorothy Zbornak

« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2018, 08:19:00 PM »
I used to want to be him, now I feel sorry for him. Becoming a pro skateboarder can really fuck up your future life if you're not smart and careful. I couldn't imagine being in my late 30's early 40's and finding myself unemployed with zero real life work experience or skills. Not an enviable position whatsoever. That being said, I hope Wray can somehow make it happen but I ain't holdin my breath.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2286
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2018, 09:59:15 PM »
He put up Cherry park clips today,replying to a comment something like "Even if I have to film myself I'm putting out a part!"

I know a filmer whos brother is friends with Jeremy,not the best filmer but fuck it's a start. He has connections,but idk what he is actually looking for.

He ain't talking bout love

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house