Author Topic: T-Funkhouser & Zach Allen part  (Read 8517 times)

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
T-Funkhouser & Zach Allen part
« on: November 22, 2018, 09:42:04 AM »
Fresh to the feed:
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/t-funk-zach-allen-baker-part/

It's not up on the youtube so I can't embed.

T-Funk continues to climb the ranks of awesomeness. No surprise there.
But does this footage turn anybody around on Zach Allen, who seems like one of the least popular members of the squad here on SLAP.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Luddite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
Re: T-Funkhouser & Zach Allen part
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 09:55:11 AM »
Probably Zach Allens best footage so far, but he's still got a long way to go. Tfunk was insane as usual. Putting those two together in one video only highlights how mediocre Zach is.

plasticsurgerydisasters

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »
Baker 4 throwaways? Anyways T Funk is ripping and still not interested in Zach footage

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 10:06:19 AM »
does thrasher have a time minimum? i feel like there was a solid minute and a half of roll away footage

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 10:11:27 AM »
fav zach footage so far! the roll on lipslide pull over was nice but as someone said, still a long way to go!
T-Funk rips, hopefully zach ends up like tfunk, i remember when he first came about people weren't hyped but he seems to be shining now!
i guess we will wait and see really
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

euro tm

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »
i like zach

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 10:18:56 AM »
Almost ten minutes,typical lie when really it's a little under half of that really.  The Cramps are always great to hear in an edit,but not with these two. They remind of me of being in that age where clothes don't fit quite right and you have to grow into them.

I don't think I'll ever like Zach, he did some cool stuff here and there,but then did some dorky shit afterwards that balanced his section of to lukewarm b-side edit.

Tristan/T funk the little shit, same thing...he can do some cool shit,but his style is ass. It's like they want Rowan's wild arms and drunk PD Jim Greco wacky wailing flailing body/just hanging on style. It just seems a little forced,BUT he did do more cool shit than Zach "can't handle Modelo" Allen.

This edit also made Baker looking like they want to keep up with joneses instead of staying true to their aesthetic. Makes me wonder how the Baker vid is going to be..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:21:33 AM by Francis Xavier »

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -503
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 10:32:55 AM »
fav zach footage so far! the roll on lipslide pull over was nice but as someone said, still a long way to go!
T-Funk rips, hopefully zach ends up like tfunk, i remember when he first came about people weren't hyped but he seems to be shining now!

T funk ripped back then too though his thing was being too small and looking like a little kid. Now he got like 3 more inches it looks less weird. His arms are still hideous but he never was just blatantly mediocre like Zach is.

Look at Zach’s flat ground after his tricks. It’s awful even that switch 180 looked hard for him. It feels like they said go get Zach’s best tricks so maybe we can stifle the hate they see on social media.

I really don’t get what Reynolds see in this kids besides his social media followers bring awareness to baker which they didn’t really need.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 11:14:20 AM »
That was sick! I dont hate Zach Allen like most of you dudes I definitely like the tricks he does, he has an original approach. That being said Im not that into that goofy boy style of clothing he and T Funk are rocking, I think that takes away from the footage.

TFunk is a beast, always has been but I liked him more when he dressed in a more regular way. That being said since this is about skateboarding and not E! Fashion Police, both of these dudes killed it in dis bitch and this got me more hyped for Baker 4!

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »
Gross

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »
I like the Funk's "barely hanging on" style. I also feel like he has Spanky Syndrome and will still be shaking the leftover little kid style well into his 30s. He will open or close Baker 4.

I don't hate Zach, but there are people I'd much rather watch skate. He will have a forgettable part halfway through Baker 4. I don't understand his persona/how Baker is presenting him. From this edit, it's almost like they're trying to apply Twuan vibes, which don't feel like they fit. Like, is he about antics now? To me, he's always come across or been portrayed as pretty quiet (aside from his arms).

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 12:37:56 PM »
Least favorite Zach Allen part tbh. Can't wait to see the progression of his shitty tattoos.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 01:05:52 PM »
T-Funk looks good, Allen is very meh. Needs more Beagle.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 01:17:14 PM »
reported

ShitNuts

• Rep: -2
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 01:20:24 PM »
T-Funk is sick, always happy to see footage from him.

These guy's expressions cracked me up.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 01:23:42 PM by ShitNuts »

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

T funk ripped back then too though his thing was being too small and looking like a little kid. Now he got like 3 more inches it looks less weird. His arms are still hideous but he never was just blatantly mediocre like Zach is.

Look at Zach’s flat ground after his tricks. It’s awful even that switch 180 looked hard for him. It feels like they said go get Zach’s best tricks so maybe we can stifle the hate they see on social media.

I really don’t get what Reynolds see in this kids besides his social media followers bring awareness to baker which they didn’t really need.
what are you talking about? Even as a little kid T Funk has always skated like a grown ass man!

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 02:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
what are you talking about? Even as a little kid T Funk has always skated like a grown ass man!

T-Funk has easily one of the best styles out right now.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »
T Funks lipslide shuv was fucking rad.
Also, street boneless is possibly my least fav trick to see ever.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »

I liked Zach's footage for the most part in this one, but feel the same way with the street boneless.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2018, 02:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I liked Zach's footage for the most part in this one, but feel the same way with the street boneless.
Yea I think that is the bad taste in my mouth too haha

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 02:34:16 PM »
both these guys feel like the type of people that would show up to a skatepark, snake you intentionally 5 times in a row, then get his older brother fight you when you call them on it.

also, zach allen did a one foot 180, so he's fuckin out.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:36:39 PM by shannamal »

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 02:42:29 PM »
That was sick! I dont hate Zach Allen like most of you dudes I definitely like the tricks he does, he has an original approach. That being said Im not that into that goofy boy style of clothing he and T Funk are rocking, I think that takes away from the footage.

TFunk is a beast, always has been but I liked him more when he dressed in a more regular way. That being said since this is about skateboarding and not E! Fashion Police, both of these dudes killed it in dis bitch and this got me more hyped for Baker 4!

He does not. Bakers token trend guy

T-Funk is so good though, putting out better and better parts. Can't wait to see what he's got for Baker 4

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 02:54:36 PM »
If Zach Allen the future of Baker then they have a problem.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2018, 03:43:43 PM »
I don't get why a lot of people hate on Zach Allen I think he rips

OwlGreen

• Rep: -128
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »

I fucking love the kids' style. I see elements of Guy, Carroll and Dill when they were his age. Best arms in the game. I put him up there with Gino, Guy, Julien, MC, and Greco, stylewise.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I fucking love the kids' style. I see elements of Guy, Carroll and Dill when they were his age. Best arms in the game. I put him up there with Gino, Guy, Julien, MC, and Greco, stylewise.
Omg, this is hilarious.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2018, 06:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Greco's skating is dope but his style is not even remotely close to the best of all time.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »
3 out of the 9 minutes were sick!! And I'm not the biggest fan of beagle. But I'd rather hear "badup bup bup booo" than "OMG Thank you so much! YESSS! OMG". T-funk killed it though!

Bhaktih

• Rep: -18
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »
T-funk killed it, super hyped on him. Will DC give him a pro shoe? Only ever see him skate the Evan Smith which is a dope shoe. Didn't hate Zach's footage but he's premature for getting a check.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2018, 06:45:01 PM »
Street Hassle and Baker are such a great combo.