Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371729 times)

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #2040 on: February 09, 2024, 03:55:19 PM »
Haven’t seen anyone mention this Delfino board by deathwish…

https://www.deathwishskateboards.com/collections/pedro-delfino/products/pedro-nightmare-city-deck-8-38

Made me think of this whole incident again.  Disturbing way to sell boards to kids and seem edgy.
Ooof. I understand the sentiment, but not sure I'd run that right now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsOjYbnlMqw/

frontsideNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #2041 on: February 09, 2024, 04:11:50 PM »
Expand Quote

https://www.deathwishskateboards.com/collections/pedro-delfino/products/pedro-nightmare-city-deck-8-38

Made me think of this whole incident again.  Disturbing way to sell boards to kids and seem edgy.
[close]

Couple thoughts

1. "Delfino" is so hidden in the graphic it's next to impossible to see. Plus it's pretty ugly all-around.

2. Could have re-tooled the graphic into beating a neo-Nazi or something.

3. Fuckin' A that guy got fucked up! 100% not cool from any angle

4. Completely tone deaf. Violence is out, noseslide nollie flips are in.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #2042 on: February 09, 2024, 04:26:51 PM »

who gives a shit.  its a fucking cartoon on the bottom of a skateboard.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Dad Board

« Reply #2043 on: February 09, 2024, 04:27:47 PM »
Pretty dumb graphic regardless of the incident. Like dude above said it could have been a nazi or any number of horrible motherfuckers currently emboldened by the state of our decaying society taking that board to the head.  Security guards aren’t the enemy unless you’re a 15 year old trying to be an idiot at the mall or something. Thumbs down on this one, Deathwish.

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 41
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #2044 on: February 09, 2024, 05:14:56 PM »
I’ve been getting kicked out of spots for decades and I’ve not once had the urge to physically attack a dude doing his job (who has no understanding of skateboarding whatsoever).

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #2045 on: February 10, 2024, 05:45:51 AM »
Pretty dumb graphic regardless of the incident. Like dude above said it could have been a nazi or any number of horrible motherfuckers currently emboldened by the state of our decaying society taking that board to the head.  Security guards aren’t the enemy unless you’re a 15 year old trying to be an idiot at the mall or something. Thumbs down on this one, Deathwish.

Seems like he has a special way handling security
https://youtu.be/Jx2jKx1dkW0?t=1410

Crust

• Rep: 39
« Reply #2046 on: February 10, 2024, 12:44:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jesus Christ, that's one of the worst board graphics I've ever seen. Fucking hell Deathwish.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2047 on: February 10, 2024, 05:54:51 PM »
A bad graphic is a bad graphic. 12 year olds are going to love it.

I don’t see how you could argue that these are related. Because a group of other skateboarders did something terrible 5/6 years ago, you’re trying to link the two? It would be one thing if this came out immediately following the incident. This is dumb.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2048 on: February 10, 2024, 06:01:55 PM »
I still feel like those GX-1000 dudes got out of this without any consequences and it seems based on their public appearances - little, to no remorse. I mean Jesse got banished to Pizza, but had no real world consequences. Neither did Brian or Ryan Garshell.  That's a shame because this poor guy wakes up everyday with a crater in his head. All because they wanted to film their dumb fucking trick for their dumb fucking video. Scumbags, All of em'. I don't care what you say, those dudes are fucking scumbags.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2049 on: February 10, 2024, 07:57:38 PM »
I still feel like those GX-1000 dudes got out of this without any consequences and it seems based on their public appearances - little, to no remorse. I mean Jesse got banished to Pizza, but had no real world consequences. Neither did Brian or Ryan Garshell.  That's a shame because this poor guy wakes up everyday with a crater in his head. All because they wanted to film their dumb fucking trick for their dumb fucking video. Scumbags, All of em'. I don't care what you say, those dudes are fucking scumbags.

I won’t argue that those GX1000 dudes are model citizens or anything of the sort and they definitely fucked up in that situation, but don’t forget that security guard could have walked away and not engaged. I’m getting really fucking annoyed that people are glossing over that fact. Both parties fucked up, end of story.

Dad Board

« Reply #2050 on: February 10, 2024, 08:13:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I won’t argue that those GX1000 dudes are model citizens or anything of the sort and they definitely fucked up in that situation, but don’t forget that security guard could have walked away and not engaged. I’m getting really fucking annoyed that people are glossing over that fact. Both parties fucked up, end of story.

Maybe I’m just old, but if security is being all aggro and shit just fuckin come back later & tell him to go fuck himself as you pack your shit up and leave. You can’t expect regular people to be cool about street skating especially at some high profile spot. Kinda dumb to argue “they both fucked up” when one party is doing something illegal and the other, regardless of how rude or unprofessional they’re being, is literally following protocol.

There’s no universe where a board to the dome is called for when it’s one out of shape middle aged guy against a group of guys in their 20’s unless he pulled out a knife or a gun.

kookdusoleil

• Have fun out there
« Reply #2051 on: February 10, 2024, 08:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did the security guard swing a weapon at anyone? If I swing at someone with my fists, does that mean I deserve to get my head caved in with a skateboard?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2052 on: February 10, 2024, 08:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maybe I’m just old, but if security is being all aggro and shit just fuckin come back later & tell him to go fuck himself as you pack your shit up and leave. You can’t expect regular people to be cool about street skating especially at some high profile spot. Kinda dumb to argue “they both fucked up” when one party is doing something illegal and the other, regardless of how rude or unprofessional they’re being, is literally following protocol.

There’s no universe where a board to the dome is called for when it’s one out of shape middle aged guy against a group of guys in their 20’s unless he pulled out a knife or a gun.

I completely agree with you, but the security guard deciding to get physical falls outside of what most people would consider “protocol.” The GX dudes should have left and the security guard, being older and wiser, could have called the police and left it alone which I would assume is exactly what their protocol is.

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #2053 on: February 10, 2024, 08:33:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are so fucking fried.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1052
« Reply #2054 on: February 10, 2024, 08:36:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did the security guard swing a weapon at anyone? If I swing at someone with my fists, does that mean I deserve to get my head caved in with a skateboard?

He was not struck in the head. He lost his balance after being struck in the head and fell on his back and hit his head on the ground. They had to remove a portion of his skull because his brain had swollen. The skaters involved should have called 911. That would have been the human thing to do.

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #2055 on: February 10, 2024, 08:37:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

He was not struck in the head. He lost his balance after being struck in the head and fell on his back and hit his head on the ground. They had to remove a portion of his skull because his brain had swollen. The skaters involved should have called 911. That would have been the human thing to do.

Come again?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2056 on: February 10, 2024, 08:54:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You are so fucking fried.

Deep fried

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2057 on: February 10, 2024, 09:03:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The fact is, a group of 8 adults left a man unconscious on the pavement where he came within inches of his own death. They ran away like cowards without even calling for aid, and hid out for days after the incident. Thats just heartbreaking, to leave someone like that and to see the state that Dan's life is at now. For what?.... A trick in a video?... It really is heartbreaking.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1052
« Reply #2058 on: February 10, 2024, 09:20:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Come again?

I left out with a board. The other poster seemed to believe that a board dented in his skull but every video I watched I did not see the security guard being hit with a board in the head which is why Jesse beat the case.

TheWineClub

« Reply #2059 on: February 10, 2024, 09:29:41 PM »
Chico was there

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #2060 on: February 10, 2024, 10:00:25 PM »

I don’t see how you could argue that these are related. Because a group of other skateboarders did something terrible 5/6 years ago, you’re trying to link the two? It would be one thing if this came out immediately following the incident. This is dumb.

I think it’s the dented head that made me think of this immediately.

And the San Fran connection between the incident and delfino.

At the end of the day it’s just some cartoon drawn by some neckface-esqe dork that’s capitolizing on skateboarding and Halloween.  Reynolds loves to capatolize on this shit too, the whole image, but he’s not boozing or smashing anyones head with a skateboard.

Make a deathwish board with the food pyramid, but all the food groups are fruit or something, that would be edgy (no dietitians think that’s a reasonable diet) but still a decent message.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 10:24:03 PM by Newphone »

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #2061 on: February 10, 2024, 10:10:00 PM »
Yeah that’s an awfully distasteful deck. Why put “security” specifically on the back and not “police” or like others said make the guy getting wrecked a nazi or kkk or something.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #2062 on: February 10, 2024, 11:30:29 PM »
Has there been any updates on how Dan Jansen is doing?

Dad Board

« Reply #2063 on: February 11, 2024, 12:45:32 AM »

This is the most recent article I can find, I doubt he’s ever gonna be the same. https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/2021-04-dan-jansen-jesse-vieira-555-california-16133140.php

InkkeACAB

• Rep: -6
« Reply #2064 on: February 11, 2024, 03:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it’s the dented head that made me think of this immediately.

And the San Fran connection between the incident and delfino.

At the end of the day it’s just some cartoon drawn by some neckface-esqe dork that’s capitolizing on skateboarding and Halloween.  Reynolds loves to capatolize on this shit too, the whole image, but he’s not boozing or smashing anyones head with a skateboard.

Make a deathwish board with the food pyramid, but all the food groups are fruit or something, that would be edgy (no dietitians think that’s a reasonable diet) but still a decent message.

deathwish is greco and ellingtons company

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2065 on: February 11, 2024, 03:53:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I completely agree with you, but the security guard deciding to get physical falls outside of what most people would consider “protocol.” The GX dudes should have left and the security guard, being older and wiser, could have called the police and left it alone which I would assume is exactly what their protocol is.

Agree with @GrayCellGreen. To be pedantic, both parties were in the wrong, although one party was way way more wrong - the GX dudes. It sucks that it happened and I don't doubt that both parties wish shit had gone down differently. It was a shitty series of events that lined up in the worst possible way ultimately culminating in Pablo’s death. I don’t doubt those dudes would have argued no line is worth what happened.

I could definitely see Baker Boys choosing to go with security instead of police because in the time between 2019 and 2024, supporting the police has (like a lot of other bullshit) become political. You put out a graphic of a skater smashing a cops head in and suddenly you’re Antifa skateboards. Which… I wouldn’t necessarily be against but at the end of the day, Deathwish is trying to sell boards, and there isn’t a thin security guard line on every 15th car out there the way there is a thin blue line.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

addie pray

• Rep: -525
  • u a whole goofy

jums

• Rep: -53
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2067 on: February 11, 2024, 05:44:03 AM »
Anyone over 18 who argues with security about skating a spot is a clown.

Anyone who truck slaps a person is an idiot. You will ruin your entire life catching an assault with a deadly weapon charge… over skateboarding where it’s prohibited.

How hard is it to skate when security isn’t there..

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #2068 on: February 11, 2024, 05:46:33 AM »
Terrible situation all around.

Also, you can't share a picture of New Jack without linking the best promo he ever did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRXrOtyH9hU

"I'd like to send a special shout-out to my homeboy OJ Simpson: Keep up the good work, baby. Two less we got to worry about."
RIP Ben Raemers

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #2069 on: February 11, 2024, 06:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is the most recent article I can find, I doubt he’s ever gonna be the same. https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/2021-04-dan-jansen-jesse-vieira-555-california-16133140.php
He had part of his frontal lobe removed and can't recognize family members. It sounds similar to a lobotomy from everything I've read.