Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 372670 times)

ToySanta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #2070 on: February 11, 2024, 07:26:24 AM »
Expand Quote
A bad graphic is a bad graphic. 12 year olds are going to love it.

I don’t see how you could argue that these are related. Because a group of other skateboarders did something terrible 5/6 years ago, you’re trying to link the two? It would be one thing if this came out immediately following the incident. This is dumb.
[close]

I think it’s the dented head that made me think of this immediately.

And the San Fran connection between the incident and delfino.

At the end of the day it’s just some cartoon drawn by some neckface-esqe dork that’s capitolizing on skateboarding and Halloween.  Reynolds loves to capatolize on this shit too, the whole image, but he’s not boozing or smashing anyones head with a skateboard.

Make a deathwish board with the food pyramid, but all the food groups are fruit or something, that would be edgy (no dietitians think that’s a reasonable diet) but still a decent message.

Edgy to dietitians might be the nichest of markets for a skateboard graphic. I’d be down for more food related graphics, edgy or not.

On topic: I think this board is stupid and so is fighting with security. Some learn this, some don’t.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2071 on: February 11, 2024, 07:32:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has there been any updates on how Dan Jansen is doing?
[close]

This is the most recent article I can find, I doubt he’s ever gonna be the same. https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/2021-04-dan-jansen-jesse-vieira-555-california-16133140.php
[close]
He had part of his frontal lobe removed and can't recognize family members. It sounds similar to a lobotomy from everything I've read.

Holy shit dude. How do the GX guys live with themselves

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #2072 on: February 11, 2024, 08:09:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This is the most recent article I can find, I doubt he’s ever gonna be the same. https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/2021-04-dan-jansen-jesse-vieira-555-california-16133140.php
[close]
He had part of his frontal lobe removed and can't recognize family members. It sounds similar to a lobotomy from everything I've read.

[close]

Holy shit dude. How do the GX guys live with themselves

It’s ironic that if Charles Bronsons character in Deathwish was real, he’d be after them for this.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 09:15:25 AM by Newphone »

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #2073 on: February 11, 2024, 08:13:19 AM »
Filming skate tricks isn’t worth that.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

KrisJolson

« Reply #2074 on: February 11, 2024, 08:29:30 AM »
Expand Quote
I still feel like those GX-1000 dudes got out of this without any consequences and it seems based on their public appearances - little, to no remorse. I mean Jesse got banished to Pizza, but had no real world consequences. Neither did Brian or Ryan Garshell.  That's a shame because this poor guy wakes up everyday with a crater in his head. All because they wanted to film their dumb fucking trick for their dumb fucking video. Scumbags, All of em'. I don't care what you say, those dudes are fucking scumbags.
[close]

I won’t argue that those GX1000 dudes are model citizens or anything of the sort and they definitely fucked up in that situation, but don’t forget that security guard could have walked away and not engaged. I’m getting really fucking annoyed that people are glossing over that fact. Both parties fucked up, end of story.

what a terrible take, doesnt give someone the ok to bash someones head open

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #2075 on: February 11, 2024, 08:29:55 AM »
The graphic is even more surprising considering Ellington's ordeal with facing a 10-30 year imprisonment after drunkenly smashing a bottle over someone's head in a bar fight. That episode is what encouraged Erik to get sober.

You think skateboarding would be a bit more sensitive to the real world consequences of blunt force attacks to the head.

Or maybe, as suggested, it is just a violent cartoon on the bottom of a deck and we should all relax.

Personally, I support the idea of just putting "KKK" instead of security and then we have a modern (although very obtuse and heavy handed) spin on the classic Jim Theibaud lynching graphic. Controversy avoided.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #2076 on: February 11, 2024, 08:49:57 AM »
The graphic is even more surprising considering Ellington's ordeal with facing a 10-30 year imprisonment after drunkenly smashing a bottle over someone's head in a bar fight. That episode is what encouraged Erik to get sober.

You think skateboarding would be a bit more sensitive to the real world consequences of blunt force attacks to the head.
Yeah, plus EE had that Baker graphic I'm sure he'd like to erase. When they re-uploaded Baker 3, they edited out the guy getting smashed in the head with a bottle after Ellington's part.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2077 on: February 11, 2024, 08:53:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I still feel like those GX-1000 dudes got out of this without any consequences and it seems based on their public appearances - little, to no remorse. I mean Jesse got banished to Pizza, but had no real world consequences. Neither did Brian or Ryan Garshell.  That's a shame because this poor guy wakes up everyday with a crater in his head. All because they wanted to film their dumb fucking trick for their dumb fucking video. Scumbags, All of em'. I don't care what you say, those dudes are fucking scumbags.
[close]

I won’t argue that those GX1000 dudes are model citizens or anything of the sort and they definitely fucked up in that situation, but don’t forget that security guard could have walked away and not engaged. I’m getting really fucking annoyed that people are glossing over that fact. Both parties fucked up, end of story.
[close]

I've watched the video a bunch of times and I still can't make out what happened. This whole thing could have been avoided/de-escalated, but I think the majority of the head trauma came from him hitting his head on the concrete after the second fall rather than getting his head hit before the fall.

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2078 on: February 11, 2024, 09:09:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You are so fucking fried.
[close]

Deep fried

Deep fried? This shit already burned out
:p

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2079 on: February 11, 2024, 09:53:14 AM »
That graphic is fuckin lame.

I don't like security but I hate violence more.

I hope that kid who brained that guy cant live easy and it eats um up.

Fuck you you fuckin coward ass bitch.

Fuck Pedro too

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2080 on: February 11, 2024, 10:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I've watched the video a bunch of times and I still can't make out what happened. This whole thing could have been avoided/de-escalated, but I think the majority of the head trauma came from him hitting his head on the concrete after the second fall rather than getting his head hit before the fall.

He got pushed/slammed to the ground.  The guy who picks up his board next to him as he’s lying on the ground is who lunged at him.  You can hear his head slam on the ground in the vid.  Watch with sound here

jums

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2081 on: February 11, 2024, 11:14:20 AM »
Them niggas going to jail

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2082 on: February 11, 2024, 11:22:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

He got pushed/slammed to the ground.  The guy who picks up his board next to him as he’s lying on the ground is who lunged at him.  You can hear his head slam on the ground in the vid.  Watch with sound here

Shit. Now that I can slow it down easier, it does look like he took a board to the head at 0:17 and maybe gets punched again afterwards. He hit his head a bit during the first fall, but that thud from the second fall was brutal. He’s got the fencing arms right away.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2083 on: February 11, 2024, 12:01:39 PM »
I feel sick
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2084 on: February 11, 2024, 02:07:52 PM »
And again, they left him there.  He was obviously out cold, and obviously severely injured based on the sound his head made and his body language.

Nobody, not a single one of them checked on him, checked to see if he was breathing, alerted his co-workers, called 911, or stayed with him until an ambulance arrived… you know all things we hope a fellow person would do regardless of the situation.

Anyways, this is old news and it’s been hashed out before. It’s just bad taste to see the deathwish graphic and also to see that Thrasher and seemingly everybody else continues to support GX1000. Doesn’t sit right with me is all.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #2085 on: February 11, 2024, 02:41:37 PM »
Poor man, it's heartbreaking

Anyone defending that is a fucking moron.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #2086 on: February 11, 2024, 03:34:31 PM »
And again, they left him there.  He was obviously out cold, and obviously severely injured based on the sound his head made and his body language.

Nobody, not a single one of them checked on him, checked to see if he was breathing, alerted his co-workers, called 911, or stayed with him until an ambulance arrived… you know all things we hope a fellow person would do regardless of the situation.

Anyways, this is old news and it’s been hashed out before. It’s just bad taste to see the deathwish graphic and also to see that Thrasher and seemingly everybody else continues to support GX1000. Doesn’t sit right with me is all.

Thrasher owns GX, they were involved in the suit. Their parent company, High Speed, owns the GX trademark. It’s their brand.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #2087 on: February 11, 2024, 03:45:33 PM »
That shit was super lame on everyone's behalf (except the victim, obviously). I think the board is wack too.

Not gonna look thru 70 pages, but what is the story with this angle? They filmed themselves braining some guy then what? Released it as part of their defense? Or it got subpoenaed?

Personally, if I was one of these scumbags, my first instict would have been to delete the footage, but that's interesting if they were able to use it beat a serious case.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 05:08:33 PM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -11
« Reply #2088 on: February 11, 2024, 05:21:55 PM »
GX1000 ruins people’s lives and Thrasher loves them for it

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #2089 on: February 11, 2024, 06:41:47 PM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2090 on: February 11, 2024, 06:50:44 PM »
Gaol X 1000

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2091 on: February 11, 2024, 06:52:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude was trying to do his fuckin' job.  Hope these cunts rot.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2092 on: February 11, 2024, 08:06:32 PM »
That shit was super lame on everyone's behalf (except the victim, obviously). I think the board is wack too.

Not gonna look thru 70 pages, but what is the story with this angle? They filmed themselves braining some guy then what? Released it as part of their defense? Or it got subpoenaed?

Personally, if I was one of these scumbags, my first instict would have been to delete the footage, but that's interesting if they were able to use it beat a serious case.
Yeah that was subpoenaed evidence and wasn't released until after the case ended in a mistrial. NY Times posted the footage with a wrap up article and that is the only time it has ever been officially posted.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2093 on: February 12, 2024, 06:15:15 AM »
Remember when Dela disappeared from skateboarding until very recently when he showed up in a Habitat video. Dude claims he has taken several “ayahuasca journeys” overseas since this happened… and told one my buddies that he was given some sort of forbidden knowledge and is now 1/3 human 1/3 a giant bird and 1/3 some sort of pig. But that you can’t see your true self until looking at a mirror high in DMT.
do what you want with that information.

I’ve said plenty of dumb shit on here, but even I am not braindead enough to make that up.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #2094 on: February 12, 2024, 06:18:36 AM »
imagine knocking the brain out of a security guard then going on an ayahuasca trip, the entities are not going to be chill about that one

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -31
« Reply #2095 on: February 12, 2024, 06:58:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How was that a mistrial?

Pasta Monster

« Reply #2096 on: February 12, 2024, 07:57:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How was that a mistrial?
Jury was 50-50. Prosecutors would have to refile charges within a certain period, which varies by state. That period has probably passed.

KrisJolson

« Reply #2097 on: February 12, 2024, 09:36:08 AM »
imagine knocking the brain out of a security guard then going on an ayahuasca trip, the entities are not going to be chill about that one

the final transformation into manbirdpig 

beautifulcannolis

• Rep: -6
« Reply #2098 on: February 12, 2024, 09:48:34 AM »
Yeah these guys can all burn in karmatic justice when their time comes

Whats the deal with San Francisco? Is it really as fucked as the media makes it out to be? I can't help but think they were emboldened to do what they did because of the either real or perceived chaos of SF.

One of the biggest shit head sociopaths I knew growing up moved out there from NYC with his gf recently, but last I heard they moved to Los Angels because it was too "hectic"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #2099 on: February 12, 2024, 10:09:06 AM »

Well he fled the country to duck any legal issues.  Ayahuasca was just a happy surprise