Author Topic: Whats more important for being a good skater: narrow hips or natural stength?  (Read 10338 times)

Gorillastyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -34
There are pro skaters with alot of natural strength (athleticism) but wide hips like sean malto and diego najera. There are also pro skaters that do have narrow hips but not alot of natural strength.

What is more important?

Obviously you can have both narrow hips and high natural strength and youll be an axe murderer like luan or you can have wide hips and no natural strength and be a bitch like sheckler.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
What about pros with hips like their mothers?

Shakira might have good pop, her hips don’t lie

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
I have honestly never once considered hip width in my 35 years of skateboarding. This isn't meant as an insult to you, OP...but it has never once crossed my mind. And I like dudes with big asses...and I STILL have never considered this as it pertains to skateboarding.

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
the skater must have a nice sized round ass to give them a good lower center of gravity, example jamie foy and his excellent rail balance.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
The natural skateboarder will have a 1/4 mm indentation on the lower left side of their cranial skull behind the ear which is associated with structiveness and need of approbation.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
You're going in deep on this whole hip thing aren't ya?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
You're going in deep on this whole hip thing aren't ya?

I bet I can guess his favorite song.....

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

123ABC

• Rep: -9
Templeton is that you???
img ] link  [ /img ] [ ] and img /img

Budgie Lasek

Buddy, what is it with you and hips?

I wonder if it's better to have an average size big toe, or a smaller than average big toe for skating? What about knee cap size? Blood type? Cut/uncut?

Tally810

• Rep: -9
There are pro skaters with alot of natural strength (athleticism) but wide hips like sean malto and diego najera. There are also pro skaters that do have narrow hips but not alot of natural strength.

What is more important?

Obviously you can have both narrow hips and high natural strength and youll be an axe murderer like luan or you can have wide hips and no natural strength and be a bitch like sheckler.
Wait what... Sheckler skates fast and hard as fuck.  Dude shuts shit down when he starts going hard

ChrisLambe94

Haha Thanks for this.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I was shocked when 15 years ago i first saw duffel's backside lipslides with his ass sticking out in skin tight pants. At the time I felt violated.

Gorillastyle

Expand Quote

What is more important?

[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
Wtf is thigh gap

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What is more important?

[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
[close]
Wtf is thigh gap
its how much clearance your sack has to sway around without hitting the inside of your legs as you jump up and down with your skateboard

Hefe43

• Rep: 175
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

noj19

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What is more important?

[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
[close]
Wtf is thigh gap
pretty self-explanatory if you ask me

Gorillastyle

I have honestly never once considered hip width in my 35 years of skateboarding. This isn't meant as an insult to you, OP...but it has never once crossed my mind. And I like dudes with big asses...and I STILL have never considered this as it pertains to skateboarding.
I have a neurotic attention to detail i got from my polish grandmother.
Just think of what narrow hips and a wide stance looks like. Like a pyramid right? Stable as fuck; like sheckler was in his youth when his hip width was much narrower than his board length.
Now think of a person with wide hips and a narrow stance- like an upside down pyramid. Does that look stable? Fuck no, it will fall over like a top.

Pay attention to the hip width of pros. You will notice the ones with narrow hips tend to be more consistent and more natural.
This is also why most female skaters look terrible and forced. Wide hips are a disaster if you want to skate well beyond your teenage years.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What is more important?

[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
[close]
Wtf is thigh gap
[close]

I don't get who in his right mind finds a female with a big thigh gap attractive.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
it's all about the hips and nips.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Gorillastyle

The natural skateboarder will have a 1/4 mm indentation on the lower left side of their cranial skull behind the ear which is associated with structiveness and need of approbation.
Its funny how you probly worship rodney mullen but still take pride in being a meathead, even though among really good skaters like mullen the meathead count is zero.
Go back to your frathouse, pc principal.

Gorillastyle

Expand Quote

What is more important?

[close]
Wait what... Sheckler skates fast and hard as fuck.  Dude shuts shit down when he starts going hard

“Fast and hard”
Careful with your wording mate, you might get these meatheads excited!

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
but wouldn’t “gorillastyle” be wide hipped? I picture that gorilla from t&c surf on a board and he’s got wide hips.

Gorillastyle

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What is more important?

[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
[close]
Wtf is thigh gap
[close]
[close]

I don't get who in his right mind finds a female with a big thigh gap attractive.

I think its because nonathletic girls only look attractive when they starve themselves to maintain the weight they were at age 16. A truly athletic girl will look pretty even with some meat on her.

Gorillastyle

but wouldn’t “gorillastyle” be wide hipped? I picture that gorilla from t&c surf on a board and he’s got wide hips.

I think gorilla style is mainly about looking like you have big heavy arms that dont move much like mike mo and antwuan dixon.
Gorilla hip width isnt much of a consideration.

Besides narrow hips
And natural strength, having heavy forearms is also a positive attribute for skateboarding. If your forearms are really heavy it will be like holding on to something and help balance greatly.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:43:16 PM by Gorillastyle »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
over 25 posts, zero reading, op, get of.

Gorillastyle

What are you so upset about?
Im asking a good question on an issue that most pro skaters are probably aware of.
Why you russled?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
Expand Quote
[close]

I think gorilla style is mainly about looking like you have big heavy arms that dont move much like mike mo and antwuan dixon.
Gorilla hip width isnt much of a consideration.

Besides narrow hips
And natural strength, having heavy forearms is also a positive attribute for skateboarding. If your forearms are really heavy it will be like holding on to something and help balance greatly.

heavy forearms? now that’s a first. you got me picturing popeye and gorillas skateboarding. it’s like a cartoon universe.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
Expand Quote
[close]
Im asking a good question on an issue that most pro skaters are probably aware of.
Why you russled?

alpha gorillas don't wanna see you drag your knuckles trying to pop a maneuver

the cowboy

• Rep: 1
I've pretty good pop.  I've always credited it with warehouse jobs when I was a teenager.  One job was stacking flyers off a conveyer belt onto a pallet until pallet was full.  Every 30 seconds for 12 hr shifts if the printing press kept running.  Lift properly, you're doing a helluva lot or body weight squats.  You could read in between stacks.  Tip for the younger ones, work hard labor for a summer and lift properly, you'll gain alot of functional strength without size.

Gorillastyle

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Why you russled?
[close]

alpha gorillas don't wanna see you drag your knuckles trying to pop a maneuver

Im not trying to offend you, but have you never actually considered what body attributes help/hurt skating ability?
Its simple geometry man. Like do you actually look at luan oliveira and bam margera and scratch your head wondering why bam cant skate as well as luan?
Cut me Some fucking slack man.