Author Topic: any new good company?  (Read 4456 times)

shannamal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
any new good company?
« on: February 05, 2019, 08:56:41 PM »
With the absurd influx of new brands (shanes, rowley, haslam, the rumored evan smith brand, etc), no one is excited anymore. is there a single pro that could actually leave their current sponsor and announce they were starting a brand, and people would be stoked?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: any new good company?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:00:08 PM »
Cardiel
Heath

If these guys started their own brand I think people would be interested.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:03:57 PM »
If literally everyone on 917 including Alex Olson went to a different new brand that wasn't run by Alex Olson

ZEBRA

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:10:49 PM »
Lance Mountain

fs overkrook

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
I was pretty hyped when Jason Spivey left vacation and started soup.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 09:17:46 PM »
Markovich. No wait. Vallely. 23rd times the charm!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 09:30:24 PM »
I say this as a fan but...Haslam started a brand? Why? Just join Daewon and Torey's shitty new brand.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 09:30:52 PM »
I like Jerry Hsu.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 09:41:22 PM »
I like Jerry Hsu.

I actually for sure would fuck with a hardgood company. Dude's not a fucking idiot and actually has good taste which sets him apart from at least 85% of skateboarding.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 10:27:53 PM »
austyn :-(

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
  • Free Max B
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 03:22:16 AM »
Really dope thread

Free max b
FREE MAX B

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 03:26:38 AM »
Whoever it is needs to rebrand a collapsible skate mop and squeegee to mop spots. They can go for the diy im hardcore vibes and recycle another logo

feedmeseymour

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 06:46:44 AM »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 07:01:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I like Jerry Hsu.
[close]

Amazing. I nearly cried. Thank you, thank you both.

rails

• Rep: -50
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 07:13:04 AM »
ibm

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 07:45:03 AM »
I really like the Doom Sayers aesthetic even though Omar having been on Nike until recently kinda made it seem a tad disingenuous. I had a Doom Sayers 8.38" deck but I couldn't get to terms with the shape at all. Too steep. The recent boards are all too short for me.

I have a hard time figuring out what the hell he's doing with Doom Sayers though. Is it a board brand or soft goods or some combo or is Doomwood somehow separate or what the fuck is going on? Also reading on Slap that he's done some shady moves, not paying artists or some shit got me worried. So yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah…  ???

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 08:08:55 AM »
You just like saying doomsayers
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 08:20:31 AM »
I really like the Doom Sayers aesthetic even though Omar having been on Nike until recently kinda made it seem a tad disingenuous. I had a Doom Sayers 8.38" deck but I couldn't get to terms with the shape at all. Too steep. The recent boards are all too short for me.

I have a hard time figuring out what the hell he's doing with Doom Sayers though. Is it a board brand or soft goods or some combo or is Doomwood somehow separate or what the fuck is going on? Also reading on Slap that he's done some shady moves, not paying artists or some shit got me worried. So yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah…  ???
I heard Omar stiffed they guy who edited that video they put out a few years ago. Also Doomsayers started as a softgood accessory brand and had a large team of dudes, some that rode for board companies. When Doomsayers started making decks, the riders that had deck sponsors already were caught between two board companies. Doom decided to try to make Doom Wood a separate brand for just the decks so that the dudes with board sponsors could still rep Doomsayers clothing.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 08:30:15 AM »

I rode an 8.5 and was down, but that was almost two years ago.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 08:30:26 AM »
Whoever it is needs to rebrand a collapsible skate mop and squeegee to mop spots. They can go for the diy im hardcore vibes and recycle another logo
this is as close as it gets right now

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 08:38:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

go to the hardware store and get a retractable paint roller handle. has the same threads at the end and will fit any good pushbroom head. retracts and easily fits in the trunk of your 1997 honda civic. expands to a full length handle for maximum brush strokes

KRKD1

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 08:57:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
go to the hardware store and get a retractable paint roller handle. has the same threads at the end and will fit any good pushbroom head. retracts and easily fits in the trunk of your 1997 honda civic. expands to a full length handle for maximum brush strokes

This and you can always get a styles of deck staining mops similar to a conventional mop witch is a direct for. Painters polls. That and a box box hardware store should carry mop heads that can thread into a telescoping paint pole as well.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:01:43 AM by KRKD1 »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 09:01:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I heard Omar stiffed they guy who edited that video they put out a few years ago. Also Doomsayers started as a softgood accessory brand and had a large team of dudes, some that rode for board companies. When Doomsayers started making decks, the riders that had deck sponsors already were caught between two board companies. Doom decided to try to make Doom Wood a separate brand for just the decks so that the dudes with board sponsors could still rep Doomsayers clothing.

This bums me out 2 of the last 3 boards I had was doom sayers. I really liked the shape of them the short whee base and concave didn’t bother me. After having one it felt weird skating a board with a longer WB so I just set up the second. Same dimensions  as the first.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

This bums me out 2 of the last 3 boards I had was doom sayers. I really liked the shape of them the short whee base and concave didn’t bother me. After having one it felt weird skating a board with a longer WB so I just set up the second. Same dimensions  as the first.

I've always admired Ozar and he hooks up a couple of my friends but I've been pretty bored with their graphics and aesthetic. It's like tattoo shop meets fallout? If Santa Cruz makes a fallout collab board it's gonna look alot like some doomwood. Never heard of sketchy business practices but that also checkers their history... didn't know he's of Nike tho
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 06:38:03 PM »
Cardiel
Heath

If these guys started their own brand I think people would be interested.

I would be a little disappointed in seeing Cardiel leave Antihero, they're one in the same in my mind.

I would absolutely buy from a Heath brand.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 07:21:42 PM »
Yea we really don’t need anymore but if Jerry started making Scifi boards I would buy

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 07:25:46 PM »
Really dope thread

Free max b

i genuinely can no longer tell if you're being sarcastic or not anymore

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2019, 07:59:00 PM »
Really dope thread

Free max b

Here's a novel concept. Only respond to threads you like...

But yeah Lance should bring back Firm

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 11:30:26 PM »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

doritoes.com

• Rep: -13
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 01:55:01 AM »
sometimes i wish board brands didnt exist