Author Topic: Anyone know what happened to Gravette?  (Read 25442 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3325
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Anyone know what happened to Gravette?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2019, 02:34:15 PM »
WHO IS THIS CAPTAIN DISLOCATE ASSHOLE AND WHY WON'T HE TAKE IT TO INSTA LIKE A REAL MAN?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3325
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »
Damn he’s my second favorite skater of all time and was really hoping he was gonna come back after his most recent hip surgery.

Blood and dislocation seem like a bad combo though.

he had enough for three parts for the last creature vid and that was during all this dislocation madness. Sigh, this is depressing, it seemed like he was just getting his groove back with his recent insta clips.

I'm not trying to be a dick, schralp pal, but the image of going up someone and telling them, "Yo, you're my second favorite skater!" and they're like, "Oh sweet."

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2019, 02:50:56 PM »
A bright light in the dark tunnel that was skateboarding my freshman year of high school. Everyone was wearing that pac man all over print tk kr3w hoodie and tight pants with huge shirts. Then I got black and blue volume one and learned back 3 no complies. A tip of the hat to you my good sir
Dude, I had the black version of said hoodie my freshman year. Call me a kook but that hoodie was sick as fuck! 2006 w was a great time in skating, the golden era imo. I got bag of suck with that hoodie as well for my birthday from stratosphere skatshop, GTs dads shop.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2019, 03:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
A bright light in the dark tunnel that was skateboarding my freshman year of high school. Everyone was wearing that pac man all over print tk kr3w hoodie and tight pants with huge shirts. Then I got black and blue volume one and learned back 3 no complies. A tip of the hat to you my good sir
[close]
Dude, I had the black version of said hoodie my freshman year. Call me a kook but that hoodie was sick as fuck! 2006 w was a great time in skating, the golden era imo. I got bag of suck with that hoodie as well for my birthday from stratosphere skatshop, GTs dads shop.

There was a kid we would skate with who got the black and gold one. He wore it to school with us once and they were banned the next day. I'm very grateful that happened as I'm sure we all would have gotten one too.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 03:24:14 PM »
WHO IS THIS CAPTAIN DISLOCATE ASSHOLE AND WHY WON'T HE TAKE IT TO INSTA LIKE A REAL MAN?
Captain dislocate has less followers. You know how that goes...

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2019, 03:38:58 PM »
Hip dislocation sounds just horrible. Crazy how much shit some people can go through and come back killing it. I've never had anything more serious than ankle sprains but even those have always left me scared to do much for months. Having to worry about my hip dislocating would probably make me only do stationary flatground.

Hopefully Gravette can make a comeback, been one of my favorite skaters since and now

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2019, 04:35:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn he’s my second favorite skater of all time and was really hoping he was gonna come back after his most recent hip surgery.

Blood and dislocation seem like a bad combo though.

he had enough for three parts for the last creature vid and that was during all this dislocation madness. Sigh, this is depressing, it seemed like he was just getting his groove back with his recent insta clips.
[close]

I'm not trying to be a dick, schralp pal, but the image of going up someone and telling them, "Yo, you're my second favorite skater!" and they're like, "Oh sweet."

Well that’s why I told you guys - my only skateboarding friends.

To be honest leo Romero and gravette flip flop for my number one spot sometimes. So if I ever met David I would tell him he’s my favorite and I’d only be half lying. I’d also tell him he had one of
My favorite graphics - 2 otters passing a joint.

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2019, 05:40:31 PM »
Best wishes to Gravette. The dude rips. Him and the Duffman seem to be the most plagued by injuries. Any other names that one of the first things you think of is broke-off? Delfino maybe?

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 06:28:03 PM »
He’s grinding the never ending rail.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2019, 07:23:36 PM »
So sad to see. Gravette has always been a favorite of mine ever since I read his Skate Anatomy article in the November 2007 issue of Skateboarder. His body was already wrecked back then, over 10 years ago.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, Thomas probably called you a kook right after you walked out the door. 2006 was not a golden time in skating dude. 2003, 4, maybe, but 6? That's gonna be a no from me dawg
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2019, 10:28:45 PM »
dudes a circus clown.

There’s plenty more take your pick

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Mickey Knox

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2019, 10:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, Thomas probably called you a kook right after you walked out the door. 2006 was not a golden time in skating dude. 2003, 4, maybe, but 6? That's gonna be a no from me dawg
Jerry Hsu in bag of suck, nick trapasso in suffer the joy, Jon Allie in it’s time, and let’s not forget Dylan Rieder in a time to shine. Sounds pretty golden to me. Plus, I said era you dumbass so I’m pretty sure two years before would count towards my point. By the way Thomas was cool as fuck and gave me a poster of Grants welcome to alien ad of him grinding the 18 stair at Mercer college in Atlanta. Don’t go poking your nose where it don’t belong, I live for this shit. Shalom

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2019, 11:40:17 PM »
His ‘And Now’ part will go down as one of the best TWS parts of all time, despite Chris Ray

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2019, 12:14:38 AM »
Dude's an amazing skater that deserves his due. Core as fuck, buck as fuck and destroyed his body for the shred gods. David brought huge light to the PacNW skate scene and will go down in history. The guy warmed up on a 12 foot vert wall then went and found the biggest rails. Hopefully the dude can get a sick job in a dispensary or something that makes him happy. So bummed to see him get chopped when he could've had another few parts despite the injuries. Nyjah, give this dude you're Lululemon ache gun thing and some of those Nike painkillers!!!

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2019, 01:16:22 AM »
My friends and I watched him break his arm once while we were skating Ed Benedict park in Oregon. He was cruising around for an hour or so before attempting to take a long nose manual across the park and down a 7 when he fell forward and landed with his weight on his arm. He actually walked right up to me and yelled out “I can’t believe I just broke my fucking arm on that!”

Definitely a drag to have to put your career on hold for any duration of time as a result of basically dicking around at a local park. I felt for him.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2019, 01:57:13 AM »
dudes always hurt but it doesnt seem to stop him like it would stop nost mortals.
he was at the CPHPRO a few years ago wth his arm in a sling and still managed to jump a kicker gap over a stripper cake on a mountain bike haha

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2019, 02:14:06 AM »
My friends and I watched him break his arm once while we were skating Ed Benedict park in Oregon. He was cruising around for an hour or so before attempting to take a long nose manual across the park and down a 7 when he fell forward and landed with his weight on his arm. He actually walked right up to me and yelled out “I can’t believe I just broke my fucking arm on that!”

Definitely a drag to have to put your career on hold for any duration of time as a result of basically dicking around at a local park. I felt for him.

There is no 7 stair at Eggs Benedict park! Only the big block 3, long three, and the 5 stair with the rail and hubbas.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2019, 02:55:27 AM »

I think captain dislocate is his grandpa, correct? I know he's always been so tough on that boy and it just aint fair to David.

eshins

• Rep: -4
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2019, 07:15:13 AM »

Heres some Gravette wholesomeness in this trying time.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2019, 08:39:48 AM »
That kid is so overwhelmed. It’s almost hard to watch.

CrappyChan

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2019, 08:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Jerry Hsu in bag of suck, nick trapasso in suffer the joy, Jon Allie in it’s time, and let’s not forget Dylan Rieder in a time to shine. Sounds pretty golden to me. Plus, I said era you dumbass so I’m pretty sure two years before would count towards my point. By the way Thomas was cool as fuck and gave me a poster of Grants welcome to alien ad of him grinding the 18 stair at Mercer college in Atlanta. Don’t go poking your nose where it don’t belong, I live for this shit. Shalom

You have 5 posts and you're trying to shalom me?  I like jerry bos but none of those other parts had a lasting effect on me. I don't really care about  mid 2000s stair and handrail skating. Like I said, I felt like gravette helped pull us out of a dark era. That kr3w jacket was terrible, you're misguided but I forgive you

Mickey Knox

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2019, 11:24:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You have 5 posts and you're trying to shalom me?  I like jerry bos but none of those other parts had a lasting effect on me. I don't really care about  mid 2000s stair and handrail skating. Like I said, I felt like gravette helped pull us out of a dark era. That kr3w jacket was terrible, you're misguided but I forgive you
When in Rome dude.....I may have 5 posts but I’ve been on this site for years and skateboarding my whole life so don’t try and cool guy me. You all bringing up peoples post count is equivalent to Ritchie Jackson bringing up his number of followers. if you think those were the dark ages than you are as dumb as you sound. Go find some other newbie to pick on because I’m not the one.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2019, 01:14:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There is no 7 stair at Eggs Benedict park! Only the big block 3, long three, and the 5 stair with the rail and hubbas.

My bad. You know how you may refer to a tissue as a Kleenex or a cotton swab as a Q-Tip? I refer to medium sized sets of stairs at skateparks as 7 stairs.

You know which one I’m talking about though? The landing is over the by strange mini ramp.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2019, 02:57:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
When in Rome dude.....I may have 5 posts but I’ve been on this site for years and skateboarding my whole life so don’t try and cool guy me. You all bringing up peoples post count is equivalent to Ritchie Jackson bringing up his number of followers. if you think those were the dark ages than you are as dumb as you sound. Go find some other newbie to pick on because I’m not the one.
Most don't think of 2006 AKA "the era of bad fits" as a golden time in skateboarding but claiming Gravette "pulled us out of the dark ages" when he came up at the same time as Jake Johnson, GT, Brandon Westgate, Wes Kremer, Alex Olson, etc is some next-level revisionist history. So, y'all are both wrong, but feel free to keep arguing.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2019, 03:20:03 PM »
2006 was a weird time but the fact remains gravette will go down in skate history and has a truly unique style on the old shred sled

CrappyChan

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2019, 06:57:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Most don't think of 2006 AKA "the era of bad fits" as a golden time in skateboarding but claiming Gravette "pulled us out of the dark ages" when he came up at the same time as Jake Johnson, GT, Brandon Westgate, Wes Kremer, Alex Olson, etc is some next-level revisionist history. So, y'all are both wrong, but feel free to keep arguing.

Never said dark ages like it was some ancient history or anything, just saying 2004-2009 was pretty weird. Gear and music was pretty goofy

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2019, 08:02:18 PM »
His ‘And Now’ part will go down as one of the best TWS parts of all time, despite Chris Ray

probably the last decent transworld video.

#pray4gravette

hope he gets well soon

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2019, 08:40:26 PM »
He's fine.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2019, 08:52:37 PM »
Poor fucking guy.