Author Topic: Justin Henry calls out Clint Walker for blackface  (Read 51019 times)

tension

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
Re: Justin Henry calls out Clint Walker for blackface
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »

hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Jacob Gary

« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2019, 01:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
A guy who grew up poor, and is still poor, telling people it’s easy to be millionaires and own businesses.

Hilarious.
[close]
never said that. And i’m not poor. If I am your definition of poor, then how many poor white people do you also know? Why can’t they just cash in on their privilege? I make $600 per week. My apartment is 900, car note is 300, car insurance is 200, phone bill 100, etc. I live comfortably. White people dont affect that.

Before or after tax?

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »
Expand Quote
A guy who grew up poor, and is still poor, telling people it’s easy to be millionaires and own businesses.

Hilarious.
[close]
never said that. And i’m not poor. If I am your definition of poor, then how many poor white people do you also know? Why can’t they just cash in on their privilege? I make $600 per week. My apartment is 900, car note is 300, car insurance is 200, phone bill 100, etc. I live comfortably. White people dont affect that.
because they’re lazy like you and don’t pull themselves up by their bootstraps to become millionaires.

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2019, 01:07:00 PM »

Contrarian

• Rep: -54
« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Hilarious.
[close]
[close]

Before or after tax?
after. Before I probably make 850

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2019, 01:08:16 PM »
This is hilarious . that black says he's not oppressed but others try to convince him he is.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #246 on: February 14, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

what are some of the modern day privileges white people have today that black people don’t?
[close]

here is a very basic example. I am a white looking guy. Based on appearance alone no one is ever going to question my american citizenship. People of color do not have that same advantage.
[close]
yes, stereotypes do exist. That’s a fair point. It’s like how white people say i’m well spoken simply because they’re surprised I don’t talk ghetto. But if a white person talked the way I do, no one would ever say how well spoken they are. That is true. But that example you gave doesn’t equate to black people being poor.

well your specific question was "what are some of the modern day privileges white people have today that black people don’t?"

i gave you a very specific answer.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »
This is hilarious . that black says he's not oppressed but others try to convince him he is.
  Freedom of speech and opinion.  The shit you find funny is so bitter.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #248 on: February 14, 2019, 01:20:08 PM »
I assumed he was white.

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
« Reply #249 on: February 14, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »

Lol the far left white over sensitive Liberals will try and do that to them, blacks are fine now days and are good to go. Like Morgan Freeman says "the bus runs every day" if you want change get on and go for it, if you're okay with your life how it is that's fine also.

Contrarian

« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

what are some of the modern day privileges white people have today that black people don’t?
[close]

here is a very basic example. I am a white looking guy. Based on appearance alone no one is ever going to question my american citizenship. People of color do not have that same advantage.
[close]
yes, stereotypes do exist. That’s a fair point. It’s like how white people say i’m well spoken simply because they’re surprised I don’t talk ghetto. But if a white person talked the way I do, no one would ever say how well spoken they are. That is true. But that example you gave doesn’t equate to black people being poor.
[close]

well your specific question was "what are some of the modern day privileges white people have today that black people don’t?"

i gave you a very specific answer.
yes, you did. I respect that and agree with your example. But the discussion was black people being economically held down by whites to the point where they’re poor and have no chance at recovery.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2019, 01:27:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol the far left white over sensitive Liberals will try and do that to them, blacks are fine now days and are good to go. Like Morgan Freeman says "the bus runs every day" if you want change get on and go for it, if you're okay with your life how it is that's fine also.
  Why quote Morgan Freeman?  Blacks are good to go?  -sure theres no racisim that could impede thyre efforts what so ever ? or is it just somthing your tired of hearing about.  Ur post amazes me.

Contrarian

« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2019, 01:30:36 PM »

Just one example of how the mainstream media prays on the insecurities of people.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2019, 01:37:03 PM »
Oh gawd please not with the yt shit

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2019, 01:37:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How do these black people have the money to spend hundreds of dollars per week on weed and Jordan’s? They don’t seem to be struggling when I see them on social media. A smart man could take that same money and invest it into college tuition, or a car.

What society teaches you: go to church, take your education seriously, don’t have kids before you’re married, get a job, don’t break the law, don’t do drugs.

What black culture teaches you: you’ll find a better sense of brotherhood if you join a gang. Education is for nerds. Fuck as many bitches as you can. Robbing people, selling drugs, and shooting people boosts your street cred and clout.

Those are the messages in black mainstream music. And that is the behavior that leads to the downfall of our people. Rappers who echo those sentiments are heralded as heroes in the black community
[close]

congrats on exposing yourself as a picture perfect piece of shit
[close]
can you explain? What benefits do white people have that black people dont?

Honestly I don't have the time for this because the issue is obviously too fucking complex for me to dare engage into an actual discussion on a skateboarding message board, let alone that just this question you just asked could be answered in a near infinity of ways depending on where you are geographically, different minorities get different treatments from country to country (which in itself highlights how the world is fucked) but were I to bring up one general answer, I'd say the lifelong relief of never really knowing how it feels like to be consistently prejudiced, not just by certain confused individuals but by western society as a whole, on the basis of the color of the skin you were born with which is something arbitrary yet somehow still dictates a lot of the social reception your whole person will ever be getting? That being said, materialistic considerations aside I'm with you on how 'race' shouldn't be an excuse not to do shit (but is it ever? maybe when people start thinking in black(s) and white(s) too much?). Your life story actually moved me a bit and now I don't really think you're a piece of shit like I said, but you're definitely very, very confused (I very rarely resort to sterile ad hominem attacks unless I think the situation is hopeless beyond words, sorry you caught it but that's saying).

The music argument for that matters - pop culture as a whole sucks. No matter what color or culture or tee-shirt they're wearing, people will listen to shit music with shit lyrics because primary impulses - unsophisticated people (again, of whatever background) need unsophisticated shit and would need some sort of education (from themselves even) to be able to even catch a glimpse of the rest, let alone grasp it, so instead those who will (choose to? do you believe in free will?) go the easy way - and don't know about KRS-One - just take whatever bullshit they're spoon fed - that's not 'race' specific. 'Race' as a whole is an archaic concept people are still getting fed with somehow and to recycle your words, I think that is the behavior that will cause the demise of our people regardless of everybody's claim as a color or flag. The correct thing to say would be that one just shouldn't focus on shitty mainstream music to begin with. 'Arguments' like your whole list of what 'society' vs. 'black culture' [sic] respectively promote (according to you) could easily be turned around by renaming society 'white culture' and illustrating its degenerescence with fucking Sum 41 or something, whereas the great John Coltrane was black. Your math isn't right here.

I'm done posting because this really is way too time consuming, I like that you recognize the importance of working hard (like I'm not doing while I'm typing this down) and education, but the rest of your logic still appears polluted by a lot of mental constructions, divisions and misconceptions that may be a result from the sum of your own personal experiences, but ideally shouldn't exist in anybody's head for they bring people to look at life from very wrong perspectives and oftentimes conflict with one another which is the very issue that needs resolution. Of course different upbringings result in cultural differences but letting those define everything in the world like everybody wasn't trapped within their own skin in the first place is a counterproductive and regressive stance.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:45:32 PM by silhouette »

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • <3
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2019, 01:40:30 PM »
Haha, dude do we need to bring up Russia? Also, to build a wall and use military personnel is a gross exaggeration in response to issue of illegal immigration.
The chillest1

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • <3
« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2019, 01:45:11 PM »
Not saying that the Democrats aren't at fault for anything, I actually have a friend who is very liberal and hispanic, who didn't really agree with a lot of what Obama did as president. He sure as hell would never justify Trumps campaign nor presidency either. As someone who leans more liberal, I don't even feel like Democrats really represent what I want.

The chillest1

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »
contrarian is the most successful troll in months. truly dedicated to being a moron on the internet. doesnt think shalom is funny.

free max b
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:31:03 PM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

ScudMantels

« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2019, 02:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  Why quote Morgan Freeman?  uhh, because I agree with his stance on this subject Blacks are good to go?  yeah, more than ever -sure theres no racisim that could impede thyre efforts what so ever ? what so ever? I believe It still exists but there's so many options and ways to bypass those hurdles now days  Ur post amazes me. thanks I guess

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2019, 03:23:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  Why quote Morgan Freeman?  uhh, because I agree with his stance on this subject Blacks are good to go?  yeah, more than ever -sure theres no racisim that could impede thyre efforts what so ever ? what so ever? I believe It still exists but there's so many options and ways to bypass those hurdles now days  Ur post amazes me. thanks I guess
[close]
  Since ur coming off as familiar with the myrid of options and ways to by bypass those "hurdles" Id assume you would have some intimate experience with these "hurdles" and that ur actually black and not just a white dude talking out of his ass.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2019, 05:34:44 PM »
Should probably rethink next years Halloween costume.......

ScudMantels

« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2019, 05:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
  Since ur coming off as familiar with the myrid of options and ways to by bypass those "hurdles" Id assume you would have some intimate experience with these "hurdles" and that ur actually black and not just a white dude talking out of his ass.

Figuer it out,
I'm going full SHALOM now anyways and not looking back at this thread. Can't deal with your 'intimate experience' and 'myrid of options' talk
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:56:59 PM by ScudMantels »

Get the strap

« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2019, 05:57:54 PM »
dickstain orange fuckface is the reason for this thread

Surf-goth

« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2019, 06:17:51 PM »
contrarian is the most successful troll in month. truly dedicated to being a moron on the internet. doesnt think shalom is funny.

free max b

A troll? The man has clear and concise points whereas you just say dumb shit all the time.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #264 on: February 14, 2019, 06:57:52 PM »
I tried to like Clint, but after this and him getting into the fight with the homeless guy in Paris I just can't see any reason to defend the guy.
Wow that happened?  It's one thing to note if they're just being them while you're filming homies, it's an entirely different if you beat a person who already is down. That makes me extremely angry and hope Clint breaks his legs so he can't skate anymore. Fuck that kook!!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:19:44 PM by SpankerChief »
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

Surf-goth

« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2019, 07:00:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Figuer it out,
I'm going full SHALOM now anyways and not looking back at this thread. Can't deal with your 'intimate experience' and 'myrid of options' talk

How about you figure the word "figuer" out?
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2019, 08:09:28 PM »
Did I stumble on Stormfront or something? The fuck is up with this thread.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2019, 08:11:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still, I don't think it's a big deal that a skateboarder dressed up as a black TV character. Are the guys from It's always sunny racist for using black face? Do you not have a sense of humor?
[close]

the whole thing in it's always sunny is showing how stupid and racist blackface is but i think they did a bad job handling it.

i don't think racist tropes are funny.

Expand Quote
Also shout out to eraserhead for only posting in threads like this. You the slap hero we need but don’t deserve.
[close]

welcome

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think it's ok for black people to paint their face white? Dave Chapelle did it throughout his show. Or do you think that there's no such thing as racism when it's directed towards white people? Clint should know better, you can't get away with shit these days but dude was just dressing up as a funny character.
[close]

There is no such thing as racism “when it’s directed towards white people.” White people can be discriminated against but that’s not the same thing as systemic historical oppression.
[close]

You must live in a little bubble. I experienced some pretty brutal racism when I first moved to the US from black people. Racism is Racism.
[close]

you experienced prejudice by from individuals, not racism from the foundational institutions and mainstream society of our country.

black americans are 50% less likely to be unemployed than you are.
black americans are 50% less likely to get job interview callbacks.
black americans earn 25% less money when employed than you do.
black americans are 30% less likely to own a home than you are.
black americans are 200-300% more likely to suffer from hypertension than you are.

that is racism.
the idea that a black dude calling you honkey is the same as this is laughable.
[close]

Just a heads up, black culture is a real thing and what you said has little to do with racism
[close]

oh boy here we go.

why is black culture different from white culture?
[close]

Explain to me why black people are shooting other black people in significantly higher rates than white people. Explain to me why black kids aren't graduating high school. Why are the number of african american single mothers much larger than other races? I can go on and on and all those points I made are reasons that fall into your list of fake 'racism'
[close]

everyone pay attention - this shit is a good lesson in how to dismantle racist rhetoric real quick.

if we grant your loaded question that "black culture" causes black people to make worse decisions than white people as true, we have to ask the question "why is black culture different from white culture". there are two answers to this question

1. black culture leads to worse decision making (dropping out of school, engaging in violence, etc.) because of socioeconomic factors, i.e. lower generational wealth, longer sentences for crimes, worse pay, worse schools, etc.

2. black culture leads to worse decision making because black people are genetically predisposed to making worse decisions

try and think of any other answers to this question that don't fit either of these two categories. seriously, do it.
you can't. it boils down to nature vs. nurture
you are either a cucked out of your mind, blue-pilled sjw screeching about systemic racism or a white supremacist.

so which one is it dog?
do black kids graduate high school less because of they grow up in a worse environment, or because they have worse genes?

I don't want any part of this dumpster fire of a thread but, I'm led to believe Asians do better on average than white people in the US on a number of metrics such as school grades, pay etc.

Is that nature or nurture? Is there systemic racism against whites and towards Asians or are they generically superior? Apparently it has to one or the other.

Surf-goth

« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still, I don't think it's a big deal that a skateboarder dressed up as a black TV character. Are the guys from It's always sunny racist for using black face? Do you not have a sense of humor?
[close]

the whole thing in it's always sunny is showing how stupid and racist blackface is but i think they did a bad job handling it.

i don't think racist tropes are funny.

Expand Quote
Also shout out to eraserhead for only posting in threads like this. You the slap hero we need but don’t deserve.
[close]

welcome

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think it's ok for black people to paint their face white? Dave Chapelle did it throughout his show. Or do you think that there's no such thing as racism when it's directed towards white people? Clint should know better, you can't get away with shit these days but dude was just dressing up as a funny character.
[close]

There is no such thing as racism “when it’s directed towards white people.” White people can be discriminated against but that’s not the same thing as systemic historical oppression.
[close]

You must live in a little bubble. I experienced some pretty brutal racism when I first moved to the US from black people. Racism is Racism.
[close]

you experienced prejudice by from individuals, not racism from the foundational institutions and mainstream society of our country.

black americans are 50% less likely to be unemployed than you are.
black americans are 50% less likely to get job interview callbacks.
black americans earn 25% less money when employed than you do.
black americans are 30% less likely to own a home than you are.
black americans are 200-300% more likely to suffer from hypertension than you are.

that is racism.
the idea that a black dude calling you honkey is the same as this is laughable.
[close]

Just a heads up, black culture is a real thing and what you said has little to do with racism
[close]

oh boy here we go.

why is black culture different from white culture?
[close]

Explain to me why black people are shooting other black people in significantly higher rates than white people. Explain to me why black kids aren't graduating high school. Why are the number of african american single mothers much larger than other races? I can go on and on and all those points I made are reasons that fall into your list of fake 'racism'
[close]

everyone pay attention - this shit is a good lesson in how to dismantle racist rhetoric real quick.

if we grant your loaded question that "black culture" causes black people to make worse decisions than white people as true, we have to ask the question "why is black culture different from white culture". there are two answers to this question

1. black culture leads to worse decision making (dropping out of school, engaging in violence, etc.) because of socioeconomic factors, i.e. lower generational wealth, longer sentences for crimes, worse pay, worse schools, etc.

2. black culture leads to worse decision making because black people are genetically predisposed to making worse decisions

try and think of any other answers to this question that don't fit either of these two categories. seriously, do it.
you can't. it boils down to nature vs. nurture
you are either a cucked out of your mind, blue-pilled sjw screeching about systemic racism or a white supremacist.

so which one is it dog?
do black kids graduate high school less because of they grow up in a worse environment, or because they have worse genes?
[close]

I don't want any part of this dumpster fire of a thread but, I'm led to believe Asians do better on average than white people in the US on a number of metrics such as school grades, pay etc.

Is that nature or nurture? Is there systemic racism against whites and towards Asians or are they generically superior? Apparently it has to one or the other.

SHALOM. A sincere shalom.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2019, 08:28:21 PM »
Oh i see what happened here. You sissies saw i was on my way to being a pal and based on your personal beliefs and trendy sjw borrowed opinions you bumped me down to jr. Member . all of you crybabies suck a dick ban me bitches. Sensitive softboys just can't handle the truth.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.