Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 248562 times)

Raccoon Manne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #570 on: September 22, 2019, 01:51:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Just heard through the grapevine that The Goat will be scoring the entire soundtrack. So stoked!
[close]
https://youtu.be/naDgv8ijyN0

Please no.

That would ruin the entire movie, the goat sucks

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #571 on: September 22, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just heard through the grapevine that The Goat will be scoring the entire soundtrack. So stoked!
[close]
Please no.
[close]

Hope this is not the case. The Goat is trash-asking a lot to be just as good at music as you are at skating

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #572 on: September 22, 2019, 02:35:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Please no.
[close]

[close]

Hope this is not the case. The Goat is trash-asking a lot to be just as good at music as you are at skating

It's going to be one really, really long song telling a story about Baker, and every rider will get their own part of the song.

(all jokes)

Pissedoff30y/oskatedad

• Rep: -57
« Reply #573 on: September 22, 2019, 04:34:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Please no.
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's going to be one really, really long song telling a story about Baker, and every rider will get their own part of the song.

(all jokes)

Homie who works at pharmacy told me BH said that hes got a full part and that hes really happy with it.also mentioned T funk dropped a hammer down el toro too 🤭🤫

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #574 on: September 23, 2019, 01:41:47 AM »
the music plays a huge part for me, baker videos usually have a solid mix and i hope baker 4 is no different

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #575 on: October 15, 2019, 10:28:56 PM »
https://anchor.fm/talkin-schmit/episodes/Talkin-Schmit-Ep--42-Nasty-Neckface-e7mouc

[39:56]

Schmitty: What's up with the Baker shit?

Neckface: The Baker shit that's going on right now is fools are stressing. We're on deadline right now.

Schmitty: Yeah. We need some updates. Who's killing it and who needs some clips?

Neckface: Kader's killing it, but Kader also needs new clips because he's got baby Kader footage. You know? He's been killing it forever, but he's a grown man now. He's sprouted. You know? So we got some gnarly baby Kader clips, you know what I mean? But we need those gnarly older Kader clips now.

Schmitty: Him and Andrew were just up here actually.

Neckface: Yeah. And he got that clip. He got a clip.

Schmitty: Yeah. He got a few.

Neckface: And, uh, who else? Fucking Baca's coming in hot.

Schmitty: Yesss.

Neckface: Baca's coming in hot, man.

Schmitty: Shout out Sammy.

Neckface: He's gonna have a sick-ass part. I saw like what we have so far and it's all looking pretty sick. It's really, really, uh, Baker-esque. You know? Which is what we want.

Schmitty: Beagle HD?

Neckface: Beagle HD.

Schmitty: I love it.

Neckface: Some classic Baker quotes. You know, like - you know how there's like "BAKER! BAKER! BAKER!" There's some classic shit in there already man. It's gonna be so good.

Schmitty: Yesss. I can't wait.

Neckface: Everyone's just tripping dude 'cus we're on deadline. We got about two months left to film.

Schmitty: I heard Figgy has been going Rambo.

Neckface: Figgy's been going Rambo. Figgy's I guess teamed up with fucking Milton and those dudes are on a mission just fucking going off. Like, I think of it as like - remember when Geoff Rowley and Ed were going out? How Ed started doing all that gnarly shit? I think they're both feeding off each other like that right now, which is gonna be insane. Figgy's got some gnarly-ass shit man. He's definitely getting the vote for most put-your-body-on-the-line part right there. Everyone's killing it. Everyone's going for it. Even I'm going for it. I fucking fucked up my heel. I've been out for about almost three months because my heel got fucked up. We're all on a big-ass group text. I'm telling these fools, "Hey, if I'm going out and getting fucked up skating, you guys gotta be the fuck out there man." In reality, I could have no clips in this video and it's fine. I'm choosing that I want clips, you know? And they'll put 'em in if I get 'em. I'm like, shit, I ain't fucking passing this opportunity up. So it's like if I got that attitude, you guys gotta be fucking one million percent on that attitude because you guys are on the team. You guys get a check from these dudes. You guys gotta represent for fucking Baker. So wassup? Get your shit together. You know who you are.

Schmitty: I think Elissa's been going down there pretty regularly trying to get this one clip at this spot. She's like so determined. I think she's been like four times.

Neckface: Yeah. I was just with her.

Schmitty: It's sick hearing about fucking some of these missions. I can't wait to see the video.

Neckface: Yeah man. It's like, dude - the last Baker video that came out was in like 2000 and fucking what? Five? Or eight or some shit? One of those single digit number ones? And it's like - OK, now we're in 2019. In reality, when's the next Baker video gonna come out after this? You know what I mean? A lot of dudes on there are a little bit older. It's like - this is your last chance to be in this Baker video. You better step it up. When's the next video? There ain't gonna be another Baker video for awhile. So it's like - get it right now while you can, you know? We got the dead homie motivation, dude. Do it for the fucking fools who can't. You know? I'm trying these tricks and all I hear is fucking Stone like, "C'mon Neck, you got it. Tall can, right here. C'mon Neck." I had to deal with these dudes when they were alive telling me this shit, and then, like, you're like - "Oh, they're dead. I won't fucking - they don't gotta be bugging me that I'm gonna land this or not." Now, they're fucking in my head 24/7 telling me shit to do. Haunting my dreams. But yeah, we got a lot of fools on there that are fucking motivated to make this sick 'cus they know how important this shit's gonna be.

Schmitty: Legendary.

Neckface: Theotis has some crazy-ass shit too. You think it's just all Bentleys and Rollies dog? Theotis is out there.

The Mighty Pink Hole

• Rep: 25
« Reply #576 on: October 15, 2019, 10:53:31 PM »
Ya boy Theotis out there getting clips all hopped up on Mtn Dew, ya digg?

I wanted to hear about the welcome back Terry part we've all been praying for.
i got shalom tatted on my face (im not joking)

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #577 on: October 15, 2019, 11:30:29 PM »
the rumours of kader having two seperate parts, an am part and a pro part makes sense.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #578 on: October 16, 2019, 12:05:01 AM »
I hope this has cool tricks and cool beers and cool guys!

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #579 on: October 16, 2019, 12:12:39 AM »
thanks for the transcript, i could still hear neckface the whole time reading it though
:) I must have been tripping last night

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #580 on: October 16, 2019, 12:53:55 AM »
the rumours of kader having two seperate parts, an am part and a pro part makes sense.

Hmm big shoes to fill unless you're looking to get compared in Scott Kane in which case Kader is almost certainly going to come off 2nd best
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #581 on: October 16, 2019, 01:10:15 AM »
Who else has had two separate parts in one video? All I can think of is Rodrigo in the Firm vid.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #582 on: October 16, 2019, 01:21:45 AM »
Who else has had two separate parts in one video? All I can think of is Rodrigo in the Firm vid.

Oh true I forgot about Rodrigo. I was focused on the am/pro element
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #583 on: October 16, 2019, 01:49:23 AM »
Figgy's I guess teamed up with fucking Milton and those dudes are on a mission just fucking going off.

fuck, imagine milton on baker
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #584 on: October 16, 2019, 02:52:56 AM »
I don’t want any more delays but it’s true this was probably mostly “baby Kader” footy and in the past year he lost his little kid style and starting getting man legs, looks a lot better, and of course they want Kaders current form represented. You got a month to film a new part Kaderskater lets go. Anyway here’s some kickflips and heelflips posted yesterday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3po_fyFIzK/?igshid=cvow2ewbpnzt

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #585 on: October 16, 2019, 03:21:33 AM »
Damn, thanks for transcribing that for us all. Sounds like it’s going to be classic Baker vibes. I was hoping for a Baker 3 vibe with the music and quotes and everything rather than some Shake Junt type situation. Hyped on the new additions too like Jacopo, Elissa, and of course Kader.

Please let that Herman rumor be true

Ocelot

« Reply #586 on: October 16, 2019, 04:36:31 AM »
I knew figgy would be going in heavy for this, man is an animal

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #587 on: October 16, 2019, 05:47:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Figgy's I guess teamed up with fucking Milton and those dudes are on a mission just fucking going off.
[close]

fuck, imagine milton on baker

I was thinking this too. It would be sick if figgy got Milton the baker hook up.

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #588 on: October 16, 2019, 06:00:10 AM »

does this count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxResPF-C6M

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #589 on: October 16, 2019, 06:14:22 AM »
After reading that interview above, I'm kinda hyped for this now. I didn't think Baca still skated haha

plasticsurgerydisasters

• Rep: -2
« Reply #590 on: October 16, 2019, 06:56:48 AM »
Nick Michel in World Peath, first and last part.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #591 on: October 16, 2019, 06:58:54 AM »
So, is it out, or what!?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #592 on: October 16, 2019, 07:01:01 AM »
So what is the new release date?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #593 on: October 16, 2019, 07:40:14 AM »
Rowan not mentioned?  Expecting his part to blow everyone else's away.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #594 on: October 16, 2019, 07:49:23 AM »
So hyped, can't wait for August!
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #595 on: October 16, 2019, 10:06:53 AM »
jesus, just reading a transcript of neckface gives me a head ache.

also, come on.

"We're on deadline right now."

we're? what exactly is neckface on deadline for? you're not on the team, you're just in the van.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #596 on: October 16, 2019, 10:08:24 AM »

also, come on.

we're? what exactly is neckface on deadline for? you're not on the team, you're just in the van.

He does a ton of art for them. Might also be in some other paid role by them.

I do agree that reading that was hard
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #597 on: October 16, 2019, 10:39:31 AM »
Obviously if this video is great it’s all because of neckface for being assertive in the baker group text...

MarmaladeCoyote

• Rep: -2
« Reply #598 on: October 16, 2019, 10:48:34 AM »
Let me preface this by saying that Baker is by far and away my favorite brand and the team has some of my favorite skaters of all time (past and present rosters).  That being said, I don't think there is any way this video lives up to the hype.  I sincerely hope it does and hope that everyone's parts are absolutely bonkers...but I just don't see that happening.  Sure...we'll get some bangers from Figgy and Boss and Kader will likely deliver along with some other guys...but I just feel like we'll still be left wanting. 

Beyond the skating, the video will fall short of the Baker "vibe" and "aesthetic" that made Baker 3 so special and is what everyone is expecting.  Just because Beagle is filming doesn't mean he'll be able to recreate that magic.  Baker 3 was a combination of what everyone was doing and where they were at those particular times in their lives.  Things have changed.  The vibe will be different. 

And all of that is okay as long as the skating is good. 

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #599 on: October 16, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »

also, come on.

I mean he says in the interview that he knows he's not on the team, just trying to get everyone hyped. After J. Strickland left, I'd argue neckface is the most consistent look Baker has had...for better or for worse.