Author Topic: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding  (Read 42402 times)

PlugSkullcandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 94
Re: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2019, 06:13:53 AM »
Haha good job for calling
Monkey_McPott is « trolling from a lighthearted place »

That was fun. You can tell Crob read something here that hurted him a little but we all have our weak spots.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2019, 06:19:20 AM »
roger is that bagelskate character

Why?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2019, 06:48:30 AM »
Dude really kept them on the phone talking about how much they don’t like talking about slap for 45 minutes.

“I’m such a big fan of roger.”

Troll of the fucking year way to go bud.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

feedmeseymour

« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2019, 06:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah setting up lights and a few cameras isn’t that hard, not sure why they are on such a high horse about their production level. It’s a fucking recorded show, when they do it live at that level then I’ll be impressed.
[close]
This post is not very Shalom of you but I forgive you.

I’m a guy that films, mics, and edits multi-camera interviews and it’s a shit ton of work. Camera cuts, audio mixing, color grading, editing out pauses, rendering, etc, etc..  I can’t imagine doing 6 of these a month. Most of these things are over two hours long! That’s basically a full time job for Rog and Crob.

shalom thank you for your forgiveness. i am well aware of what goes into a production like that, editing and equipment wise.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2019, 06:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why?

the jig is up roger bagely

feedmeseymour

« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2019, 06:59:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why?
[close]

I can confirm that’s absolutely not true

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2019, 07:00:42 AM »
I don't understand it when they claim it's a granted that what they say on the Nine Club should be taken with a grain of salt. Obviously SLAP posts should equally be taken with a grain of salt which Crob sounds like he hardly can, which also leads me to assume he's been hurt by something on here before. His personal grudge shouldn't justify turning the situation into an us vs. them scenario, though, because in reality there's no competition as we're all skateboarders trying our best to cling to an activity we cherish. I don't get the need for some kind of cultural divide.

Maybe it's SLAP humor that might be a bit hard to interpret for people who aren't familiar with the community but I wish the dude could see through what is or isn't complete bullshit amongst the threads that get posted and recognize that despite the rough appearances, their effort in their attempt at nurturing the culture is very much appreciated on here. People post on here to nitpick and discuss because they most often don't have a voice on a show, or miss skateshop banter. Their appreciation of some little details in the show alone is a testimony of how much interest the Nine Club gets if anything. Some businesses only wish they could generate such interaction.

I've said it before but I kind of view SLAP (partly) as worldwide skateboarding's consumer service, and I'm regularly baffled by why certain actors of the industry disregard or expressly reject its existence. We're kind of supposed to be those guys' customers.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2019, 07:38:23 AM »
Justin: Kelly, did you give him a fist bump after Burnett said good work in the bathroom?
Steezus: Did you sword fight?

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2019, 07:41:26 AM »
Monkey Mcpott: I will buy you a field recorder to capture better audio if you let me. DM.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2019, 07:48:30 AM »
I would love a Roger slap pals questions also.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2019, 07:51:03 AM »
Monkey Mcpott I know you wrote that you don't like the sound of your own voice but hardly anyone does and if you can manage to make everyone bust out laughing when you say something as wild as wanting to ease up on Roger and dig in deep then your voice is good. Great banter
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2019, 07:53:19 AM »
“Roger is an introvert and MonkeyMcPott loves him”

E

• Rep: 13
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2019, 07:54:03 AM »
Yeah setting up lights and a few cameras isn’t that hard, not sure why they are on such a high horse about their production level. It’s a fucking recorded show, when they do it live at that level then I’ll be impressed.

HA, They discussed earlier in the episode how much work Rog & Roberts put into both shows. I'm sure most of the work is editing, not setting up the lights. It's not a fucking competition. I'll be impressed when the Slap Pals Questions thing hits 20 episodes.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HA, They discussed earlier in the episode how much work Rog & Roberts put into both shows. I'm sure most of the work is editing, not setting up the lights. It's not a fucking competition. I'll be impressed when the Slap Pals Questions thing hits 20 episodes.

I'm pretty sure they spend at least 2 hours setting up for each episode between cameras, microphones, lighting and video switching. All rightful bashing aside, it's a pretty clean setup. I think the editing may be the easiest part of the entire gig.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2019, 08:14:40 AM »
That was dope to see..Crob was triggered "we got our own shit going Bro, why would we go on another platform?"

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2279
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2019, 08:36:22 AM »
I'm sure nine club has a hard time scheduling guests,but Monkey full on recruits these guys and put himself out there with a Shalom sticker in hand. Both gigs are work, but of course Crob has to boast his shit.

Their show gets more heat when theres a lame/uninteresting guest,  wasn't it last yeat they had back to back to back awesome guests and it was a bukkake fest in the threads? They lost momentum for a bit and thats when the nitpicking started.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2019, 08:47:15 AM »
I'm sure nine club has a hard time scheduling guests,but Monkey full on recruits these guys and put himself out there with a Shalom sticker in hand. Both gigs are work, but of course Crob has to boast his shit.

Their show gets more heat when theres a lame/uninteresting guest,  wasn't it last yeat they had back to back to back awesome guests and it was a bukkake fest in the threads? They lost momentum for a bit and thats when the nitpicking started.

It started great, in dept interviews about peoples lives...eg the Wade DesArmo ep

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2279
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2019, 09:00:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It started great, in dept interviews about peoples lives...eg the Wade DesArmo ep
Yea true. There's still good episodes here and there,but it seems like now theres a dependency on guests running the pace

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2019, 09:22:56 AM »
Mr. Monkey McPott is a damn genius, a kind human being, and a fucking stud to boot. We should all be grateful that he posts here.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2019, 09:25:11 AM »
nine club is the most poosey podcast out there

crob visibly shook about a semi anonymous message board

what do they want? to see a taxpayer ID next to our posts? Sounds a little big brother (not that one)

"WE HAVE A SHOW!" -- but that doesn't allow you to censor the reaction. you're throwing yourself out there for criticism, if it bothers you just quit paying attention and go skate

Then they try and clown Moneky for saying some gay shit about rog when steezus is talking about sword fights.

Nine club are the only ones kookin it here Monkey

feedmeseymour

« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2019, 09:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm pretty sure they spend at least 2 hours setting up for each episode between cameras, microphones, lighting and video switching. All rightful bashing aside, it's a pretty clean setup. I think the editing may be the easiest part of the entire gig.

Yes ofcourse they have a very clean set up, it looks and sounds extremely professional. They kill it and they have their work flow down so it involves less problem solving and more just the time consuming setups and tedious editing. But that doesnt warrant saying youre above low production projects because of that.

look at bobshirt interviews... they are really great, but no one complains about them having only one camera, filming outside with tons of ambient noise, and they leave the camera's autofocus on making the picture bounce between being sharp or totally blurry. Along with the constant camera shake or movement. (bobby p episodes comes to mind) that being said i love those interviews because they show visuals related to what they are talking about and they get great people on there telling great stories in a very casual environment.

With that ^ im trying to point out that gear/setup isnt always important, you can take a great photo with a disposable camera. its the content that matters.

Pals questions is done for fun (although editing from the other side of the country isnt really that fun), with no budget, low production, and no desire to turn into another generic youtube channel asking for donations/patrons and monetizing the content. and im cool with that.

-anyways sorry for the word salad.

shalom.

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »
Hahaha Steezus looks so bummed during the slap convo

Chim Richalds

• Rep: -101
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2019, 09:51:48 AM »
I can't really see the Nine club lasting much longer. They have shown that they can't handle any criticism, and act like they're being forced to do the show against their will. I mean, Roger visibly hates it. It's off putting. I actually liked Chris Roberts before this show, he seemed like a funny and charismatic guy, but now he seems very beaten down and curmudgeonly. Honestly, he makes me uncomfortable and is a terrible interviewer, making the show very difficult to watch for me. Steezus and Eldridge are just absolute cringeworthy morons but Kelly seems nice, albeit kinda dumb, like that kid who just laughs at everything even when it's inappropriate.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2019, 10:04:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why?
[close]

[close]

I can confirm that’s absolutely not true

Haha yeah I’m not Roger

sms_b

« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »
I made it on this weeks episode. Told them they can cut the scene before I started talking about slap but they kept it on. Fuck did I ramble on. I hate my voice too. Kook me I’m an idiot.

It was all fun until I mentioned slap. Then they were bummed haha sorry guys

1:24:04

god's work.

Shalom.

K.Fatty Beans

• Rep: -1
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2019, 10:25:06 AM »
I always check what Crob puts up for Kelly's 'role' in the credits. Thought this one was pretty funny.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 114
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2019, 10:26:00 AM »
lol nine club? they do the same shit slap does. ramble on skateboarding because we are too washed up or hurt to actually go skate.

Jagr

• Rep: 119
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2019, 10:34:41 AM »
Mr. Monkey McPott is a damn genius, a kind human being, and a fucking stud to boot. We should all be grateful that he posts here.

Jagr

• Rep: 119
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2019, 10:34:48 AM »
I would love a Roger slap pals questions also.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2019, 10:48:47 AM »
I know I’ve said it before but as TK always says “I’m gonna say this one more time” I decided to start the Slap Pals Questions solely to do it and to have an interactive interview between Slap and Skaters/Photographers/Videographers. It’s meant to be low budget and it’s meant to solely for Slap. So I understand that people outside of the message boards might not find the visuals to be top notch nor the questions we ask to be that interesting but at the very least it’s interesting to the person that asked it and more than likely it will be answered. I don’t plan on making any money from it and all the giveaways are provided by the guests so there isn’t really much of an overhead to make all these happen.

If anyone wants to donate anything I’d say donate it to FMS, you know his Insta! And PayPal! I consider editing to be the real hard work in all this. All I’m doing is meeting the people, having coffee with them then filming them. It’s all just a fun hobby to me, not a job. FMS is the one racking his brain making these happen. He’s a true gem that volunteered to help me edit these and has been nothing but a sweetheart the whole way through. The day he quits will be the day I’ll stop doing the show. Love ya dude.

I also love the nine club and have yet to miss an episode (give or take an experience episode). As you can tell I’m a big Roger fan and I really enjoyed him in the early episodes when he was more vocal. It’s possible they could just use a vacation to regain some passion for the show. They’ve been going hard for almost 3 years consecutively and that’s admirable whether you like the show or not. Anyways here I go rambling again, thanks to everyone for the kind words and much love to y’all.