Author Topic: Karsten Kleppan on WKND  (Read 28107 times)

V.I. Lenin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: Karsten Kleppan on WKND
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2019, 11:19:28 AM »
WKND of Cool?
Of cool since Austyn left, now back on cool because Karsten is officially on.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2019, 12:13:25 PM »
i heard that skatemental is done-done. whoever they have left that's still worth sponsoring will be popping up on other brands over the next few months and it'll probably just fade out.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2019, 12:16:59 PM »
hyped on the Karsten aquisition but its pretty lame if Sully bailed on WKND. That introduction video they put out for him was heat.

The team as a whole seem to be a band of brothers but I wonder what made Austyn and Sully wanna jump ship
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2019, 12:37:49 PM »
i heard that skatemental is done-done. whoever they have left that's still worth sponsoring will be popping up on other brands over the next few months and it'll probably just fade out.

Jack Curtain to KRKD? Borrest connect
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

feedmeseymour

« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2019, 12:44:30 PM »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2019, 03:32:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Rumor has it that Salamon Cardenas is headed to Palace. That would free up some space for another rider
[close]

From what I heard, he quit everything in the hopes that he’d get picked up by a cooler brand like Palace
Probably a dumb move considering the list of people Palace has turned down over the years. But, they did for some reason put on Shawn Powers, although, I doubt they ever turn him pro. Plus, they just put two new Ams on in Heitor and Kyle Wilson.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2019, 03:46:41 PM »
Expand Quote
WKND of Cool?
[close]
Of cool since Austyn left, now back on cool because Karsten is officially on.
Does it get much cooler than Taylor “big dahg” Caruso?

Snacks

« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
Maybe Salomon left WKND for Austyn's new company with Jamal Gibbs and Mason Silva? Seems more plausible than Palace and he has the Florida connection (Gibbs and Fletchas).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:27:42 PM by Snacks »

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2019, 04:29:51 PM »
Remember when Staba bailed on Foundation for toy machine. So foundation made that ad where they covered up Staba with Strubing ?
Well Skate Mental should definitely not do the same thing and focus on making pizza.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2019, 04:52:46 PM »
Do skate mental make boards or pizza now? Maybe that’s why dudes are bailing, can’t see anyone carving it up pepperoni style

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2019, 06:56:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If Krooked was ever an option, why the hell did he go to Skate Mental in the first place after leaving DGK.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 100
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2019, 04:59:02 AM »

Always though those menikmati commercials were ridiculous.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2019, 05:19:36 AM »
Wonder where Karangelov would fit... I could see him on Krooked and that's it pretty much.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2019, 10:37:05 AM »
I'm ashamed to know this but Johan Stuckey only recently unfollowed Salamon on IG and hasn't been following Austyn for a while. Seems like he doesn't take kindly to ppl leaving WKND. Again, I'm ashamed I know this.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2019, 10:46:54 AM »

...I wonder what made Austyn and Sully wanna jump ship

In all serious though who knows. If it's money, it sucks but it's hard to blame someone wanting to get some money. Struggling financially takes such a fucking toll on your mind. You never know what can happen, injuries, economy, whatever, you gotta get it while you can because you might not ever get the chance to again. Side note, love that on the wknd store the pictures of their wallet have an EBT card in there.

I'm ashamed to know this but Johan Stuckey only recently unfollowed Salamon on IG and hasn't been following Austyn for a while. Seems like he doesn't take kindly to ppl leaving WKND. Again, I'm ashamed I know this.
You don't buck the Stuck.

Fred Savage

« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2019, 11:13:03 AM »
WKND seems like a bunch of preppy frat boys that play beer pong and soccer. They probably listen to a lot of Dave Mathews  band and date each others sisters.

euro tm

« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2019, 12:30:02 PM »
WKND seems like a bunch of preppy frat boys that play beer pong and soccer. They probably listen to a lot of Dave Mathews  band and date each others sisters.

in all honesty you’re pretty spot on

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2019, 01:35:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rumor has it that Salamon Cardenas is headed to Palace. That would free up some space for another rider
[close]

From what I heard, he quit everything in the hopes that he’d get picked up by a cooler brand like Palace
[close]
Probably a dumb move considering the list of people Palace has turned down over the years. But, they did for some reason put on Shawn Powers, although, I doubt they ever turn him pro. Plus, they just put two new Ams on in Heitor and Kyle Wilson.
Imagine being on the same team as Alexis Sablone and Christian Malouf two times over and being like "nah ima dip"

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2019, 01:51:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Imagine being on the same team as Alexis Sablone and Christian Malouf two times over and being like "nah ima dip"
If you can legitimately get on Palace, you should probably go for it (but only if it is a sure thing). Its probably the best board sponsor you can get right now. They make a killing off of soft goods, they aren't corpo like Element, have a sick team, have amazing edits and trips. I doubt there is a better board sponsor out there. Maybe DLX or FA/Hockey but it is pretty marginal.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2019, 02:11:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do frat boy dress like Silverlake hipsters and film dumb skits where you're from?

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2019, 03:00:31 PM »

Damn that's cold blooded. Austyn is the reason Johan moved to Cali and got on habitat and huf and shit. Johan was living with Austyn for free, banging his model girlfriend in Austyn's hot tub. It's like I don't even know you anymore bro.

Fred Savage

« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2019, 03:09:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Do frat boy dress like Silverlake hipsters and film dumb skits where you're from?
Yes

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2019, 03:36:08 PM »
WKND seems like a bunch of preppy frat boys that play beer pong and soccer. They probably listen to a lot of Dave Mathews  band Mazzy Star and date each others sisters.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
If Krooked was ever an option, why the hell did he go to Skate Mental in the first place after leaving DGK.

Didn’t all that happen as he was losing LRG and on the verge if not already not getting checks from kayo?

I don’t remember how long ago that happened. But maybe just took a quick deal to get paid to avoid homelessness.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2019, 04:09:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Yes

skits are awesome

remember when being a "hipster" was dressing like Ethan Fowler in the Art Bars era (Dandy Warhols Bohemian Like You).  these guys just wear stuff people in their 20s wear.  the hipsters in those areas are the ones who are try-hards usually with fancy brimmed hats or wanna be biker guys.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2019, 04:11:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Didn’t all that happen as he was losing LRG and on the verge if not already not getting checks from kayo?

I don’t remember how long ago that happened. But maybe just took a quick deal to get paid to avoid homelessness.
I would assume the thing stopping him from homelessness would be his NB# checks and not royalty checks from Skate Mental.

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »
Was shocked to see Salomon leave WKND too but he’ll end up in a good place, wherever it is. He’s gotta have something lined up to quit... but he’s one of the most genuine and positive people, and skates with fucking POWER. Whatever “IT” is, he has IT.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2019, 04:53:31 PM »
Was shocked to see Salomon leave WKND too but he’ll end up in a good place, wherever it is. He’s gotta have something lined up to quit... but he’s one of the most genuine and positive people, and skates with fucking POWER. Whatever “IT” is, he has IT.

Dude is pullin a t spliff
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2019, 11:49:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

?????
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Black Frycook

« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2019, 12:10:40 AM »
I grew up skating with Salomon and he is genuinely one of the best dudes ever

Would be so stoked if homie went to Palace