Author Topic: Blondey McCoy of Palace  (Read 36997 times)

Safariferrari

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Blondey McCoy of Palace
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2019, 11:09:01 PM »
Heitor Da Silva got on because they saw his name on an order he placed, asked if he was getting any boards, and then refunded his order and put him on the team.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2019, 11:12:09 PM »
His spelling and grammar are also excellent.
I would've gone with "Blondie," but whatever.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2019, 02:19:32 AM »
Heitor Da Silva got on because they saw his name on an order he placed, asked if he was getting any boards, and then refunded his order and put him on the team.
Jamal got on the team when he hit them up saying he wanted to be able to find their stuff in Philly or something and Lev was just like “We got you” and sent him his first box. Too good.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2019, 02:27:07 AM »
crazy that krooked stopped sending heitor boards. didn't pontus put an offer to him as well around the same time brady did?

kyle wilson was getting boards from palace for a min before he got on yardsale. must've thought he had no chance of getting on.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:28:45 AM by honey island »

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2019, 05:20:08 AM »
I’m a fan.
However he’s in Rome today and posted a pic of a Mussolini sculpture. The fascist aesthetic can be fascinating but today is Italy Independence Day from fascism/nazism so that made me lol.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2019, 06:19:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He wasn't good enough to be on one of the most popular board brands.  I think he's doing the right thing by sticking to modeling and fashion.  He's not getting another board sponsor.
[close]

Youre pretty wrong. Palace wished Rodrigo Tx on the team, but he said no because he supposed Miles Silvas on the team too. Palace team manager said Miles level was too high for Palace.
[close]

Definitely calling bullshit on this
[close]

People hit up palace all the time to ride for the company and they say no all the time. Lev Tanju talks about his favorite pros of all time hitting him up and him saying no.

"I don’t wanna give some kid boards and for him to think ‘maybe one day I’ll ride for Palace?’ When to be honest with you, you probably won’t unless like you live near London and you’re fucking hilarious and I love you. You know what I mean? If I don’t wanna hang out with you and all the skaters don’t wanna hang out with you, it’s never happening."

This is a quote from Lev from Free Skate Mag. Then in that Palace mag they kind of alluded to Miles asking to be on the team and them not wanting him.

Here's a link to that Free skate mag interview, it's actually a good read: https://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/02/22/palace-skateboards-lev-tanju-interviewed/

Lucas is on the team because everyone on the team likes him. Palace chooses people it's not the other way around. If they don't think you're funny or want to hang out with you, you'll never get on the team. The guy Lev says it pretty much all the time. He makes fun of people in their catalogs for asking to ride for them and stuff.

Seriously for dudes who nerd out on skateboarding all the time, I feel like lots of you don't really get it.
[close]

Need to be hilarious to get on Palace.  Skaters need to step their comedy game up.
I'm not too sure too good is the right phrase in regards to Miles. I mean, Palace has an absolutely ridiculous and stylish team especially with Lucas and Lucien but Benny, Chewy and Danny Brady footage is always amazing. But, Palace has apparently turned down some pretty big names. Pretty sure they told Dill and Tom Penny no.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2019, 06:21:05 AM »
Expand Quote
His spelling and grammar are also excellent.
[close]
I would've gone with "Blondie," but whatever.

haha

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2019, 10:10:08 AM »

Hasn't he been ensnared by that succubus Kate Moss?

Winner! I owe you a gnar.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He wasn't good enough to be on one of the most popular board brands.  I think he's doing the right thing by sticking to modeling and fashion.  He's not getting another board sponsor.
[close]

Youre pretty wrong. Palace wished Rodrigo Tx on the team, but he said no because he supposed Miles Silvas on the team too. Palace team manager said Miles level was too high for Palace.
[close]

Definitely calling bullshit on this
[close]

People hit up palace all the time to ride for the company and they say no all the time. Lev Tanju talks about his favorite pros of all time hitting him up and him saying no.

"I don’t wanna give some kid boards and for him to think ‘maybe one day I’ll ride for Palace?’ When to be honest with you, you probably won’t unless like you live near London and you’re fucking hilarious and I love you. You know what I mean? If I don’t wanna hang out with you and all the skaters don’t wanna hang out with you, it’s never happening."

This is a quote from Lev from Free Skate Mag. Then in that Palace mag they kind of alluded to Miles asking to be on the team and them not wanting him.

Here's a link to that Free skate mag interview, it's actually a good read: https://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/02/22/palace-skateboards-lev-tanju-interviewed/

Lucas is on the team because everyone on the team likes him. Palace chooses people it's not the other way around. If they don't think you're funny or want to hang out with you, you'll never get on the team. The guy Lev says it pretty much all the time. He makes fun of people in their catalogs for asking to ride for them and stuff.

Seriously for dudes who nerd out on skateboarding all the time, I feel like lots of you don't really get it.
[close]

Need to be hilarious to get on Palace.  Skaters need to step their comedy game up.
[close]
I'm not too sure too good is the right phrase in regards to Miles. I mean, Palace has an absolutely ridiculous and stylish team especially with Lucas and Lucien but Benny, Chewy and Danny Brady footage is always amazing. But, Palace has apparently turned down some pretty big names. Pretty sure they told Dill and Tom Penny no.

If they told Tom no that is a yuge bummer for them and all of skateboarding

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »
He’s starting Thames as a board company and and is putting on a friend of his from NZ who lives in London.

Believe me or don’t x

yo, this guy is speaking the truth. his own company, not sure if thames or not, but def his own board company with 2 riders picked out, and they are currently in italy shooting photos for it now.

euro tm

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2019, 02:30:23 PM »
crazy that krooked stopped sending heitor boards. didn't pontus put an offer to him as well around the same time brady did?

kyle wilson was getting boards from palace for a min before he got on yardsale. must've thought he had no chance of getting on.

kyle got on

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

kyle got on

no i know, sorry my post was a little unclear, thought it was fascinating he was getting boards from palace beforehand, before telling yardsale he was down, perhaps he didn't think he was getting on palace. then a year later palace put him on. kid is unreal

euro tm

« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

kyle got on

[close]

no i know, sorry my post was a little unclear, thought it was fascinating he was getting boards from palace beforehand, before telling yardsale he was down, perhaps he didn't think he was getting on palace. then a year later palace put him on. kid is unreal

oh shit i didn't know that. i honestly never heard of him until that palace video. definitely one of my favorites now.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2019, 02:49:33 PM »

loved his part in the yardsale video. (10:05)

Dr Hfuhruhurr

« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2019, 02:58:42 PM »
I could see Paul Rodriguez Senior on Palace.

euro tm

« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »

damn thank you for this. i've never seen it. the whole video is so good!

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2019, 03:48:58 PM »
I hope he gets on Baker or Hopps

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2019, 09:02:44 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

morningcommute

« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2019, 09:20:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

damn thank you for this. i've never seen it. the whole video is so good!

Yardsale are killing it. Charlie birch is on a tear up

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2019, 09:22:43 AM »
I hope he gets on Baker or Hopps

have you not been keeping up? honey island has spoken, blondey is starting his own board company.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Ocelot

« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »
Blondey is still salty about how he entered the UK fashion game with the skate focus only to find that there were a dozen other brands using lo-fi grainy VHS skate footage to advertise their clothes

I know personally that he's invested a ton of money into marketing/fashion agencies to try to get his brands afloat, but there's only so much dad's money can buy (it's not style or originality)

as someone else said here, the dude had a decent back 3 and impossible, would have been enough to get him far along in the UK skate scene

watch the rest of his projects pay their way onto high snobiety features for the foreseeable future - he's an absolute joke outside of pay to play media 

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2019, 12:03:18 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

dudes are quick aren't they, pwbc forever

SadandLonely

• Rep: -30
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »
Does anyone else get annoyed by the little kids who can kick flip and think their the shit???

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2019, 12:48:35 PM »
• YOU CAN'T STEP
• IN THE SAME THAMES
• TWICE BLAD

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2019, 01:30:09 PM »
Damn, Palace just got elevated to god tier copywriting status.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Ocelot

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2019, 06:25:41 AM »
more digs at Thomas

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2019, 06:45:39 AM »
^ Damn  :(
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Ocelot

« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2019, 07:00:36 AM »
more digs at Thomas

Blondey pulled a marc johnson

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2019, 07:05:39 AM »
Oh my I cannot handle all of this Palace intrigue hur hur
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.