Author Topic: The nine club addresses the slap message board hates  (Read 22189 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: The nine club addresses the slap message board hates
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2019, 09:09:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: Googan Christmas link=topic=105229.msg30292u17#msg3029217 date=1558151717
Expand Quote
Can someone send the nine club an apology via sinners cameo.com page? We owe them that at least.
[close]

Big spender over here. Your a king amongst men
[close]

I mean..... its 5 bucks.
[close]

Ha we’re attacking the guy offering to pay, no wonder they love this place.

Ill pay, you guys choose the statement.

Googan Christmas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2019, 09:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: Googan Christmas link=topic=105229.msg30292u17#msg3029217 date=1558151717
Expand Quote
Can someone send the nine club an apology via sinners cameo.com page? We owe them that at least.
[close]

[close]

I mean..... its 5 bucks.
[close]

[close]

Ha, just say like “what up nine club, sinner here on behalf of slap, and we know it can get a little ‘arf arf, ruff ruff’ on the boards from time to time, but we’re sorry, and we’re gonna be a little more considerate to peoples feelings (ed. Note this doesn’t need to be true we just have to say it) from now on”

End it with some dumb shalom bullshit and be done with it, beef over.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2019, 09:25:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I mean..... its 5 bucks.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ha, just say like “what up nine club, sinner here on behalf of slap, and we know it can get a little ‘arf arf, ruff ruff’ on the boards from time to time, but we’re sorry, and we’re gonna be a little more considerate to peoples feelings (ed. Note this doesn’t need to be true we just have to say it) from now on”

End it with some dumb shalom bullshit and be done with it, beef over.

Done

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2019, 09:55:28 PM »
my face is in an issue of Slap from 2008, it was a magazine bruh

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2301
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »
Be pretty funny to mail the nine club a stack of Polaroids of our balls with Slap written on em'. But thats just me.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2019, 10:39:56 PM »
anyone who defends/gives a pass to those asshats at revive (Chris Roberts) doesn’t really have a leg to stand on as far as talking about what anyone else says. 😂
that being said, I do like crob and roger and I do like the show. kelly  is alright too, he’s grown on me. that laugh they keep playing back is gold. you can tell it gets to kelly  more every time he hears it. lol
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2019, 11:04:14 PM »
they basically just asked 100 thousand viewers to join slap and talk shit. 

The 9 club doesn’t hate slap. Whoever did the numbers thread should check the board activity after that show went on. I bet there was a spike in new accounts

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2019, 11:26:07 PM »
High production value? An ikea shelf and a one step beyond vhs? Give me a break.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2019, 11:42:26 PM »
Mike Mo seems like a lovely dude but he’s boring as heck with zero worldview. Just a shallow bro with nothing to say.

Crack Whore

• Rep: -16
  • no double on the midnight menu
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2019, 12:02:22 AM »
they did have a shalom sticker displayed in the background until the brink pals questions if i remember correctly
All you shiteating faggots saying i cant ollie need to shut the fuck up. Of course i can ollie, im just critiquing the brail skateboarding video where the guy says to pop straight up.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2019, 12:32:49 AM »
In response to your Eldridge 3 flip noseblunt question Monkey

This one is really close at 28:19

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2019, 12:44:52 AM »
In response to your Eldridge 3 flip noseblunt question Monkey

This one is really close at 28:19

Holy shit!!! I don’t remember that at all. Good find!!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2019, 01:13:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You're tripping if you think Glassy is a multi million dollar company.
[close]
They do about 20 million dollars a year. Another SLAP expert running his mouth.
[close]

Ain't a fucking chance Glassy is selling $20mil of products a year. The average price is about $60 USD. That's 3.3 million pairs of glassy sunglasses a year. That would also mean someone is buying a pair of $60 glassy's every 10 seconds. Your out of your mind
[close]
You're right. It's less than a million a year. They do have a multi million dollar value. The prescription glasses are $90 minimum.

This isn’t my strong suit - but I’d think glassy doesn’t get the 60 bucks, the retailer does.   Glassy makes whatever they sell them to the retailer for.  Am I wrong about this? 

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2019, 01:58:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You're tripping if you think Glassy is a multi million dollar company.
[close]
They do about 20 million dollars a year. Another SLAP expert running his mouth.
[close]

Ain't a fucking chance Glassy is selling $20mil of products a year. The average price is about $60 USD. That's 3.3 million pairs of glassy sunglasses a year. That would also mean someone is buying a pair of $60 glassy's every 10 seconds. Your out of your mind
[close]
You're right. It's less than a million a year. They do have a multi million dollar value. The prescription glasses are $90 minimum.
[close]

This isn’t my strong suit - but I’d think glassy doesn’t get the 60 bucks, the retailer does.   Glassy makes whatever they sell them to the retailer for.  Am I wrong about this?
Yeah i don't know much about this either, but retailer usually takes almost half, and also the average price on their sunglasses is more like about $35. But they also sell through their online store. But the cost of manufacturing sunglasses is almost non-existent so the profits are probably still pretty good. And looks like they're doing alright since they have employees and a warehouse. They would have to move like 150 pairs per day to get a million in sales which sounds a bit much but possible I guess?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2019, 05:26:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I mean..... its 5 bucks.

Yes. I was being sarcastic.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2019, 07:36:18 AM »
they love slap

BigPants

• Rep: 2
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »
Slap can be overwhelmingly negative, it's like 80% shitting on anything/everything and 20% discussing things in skateboarding. It's a bummer and it would be a way better forum if there was less of that.

It's also the only hub that I know of for people who are very knowledgeable about skateboarding. Plenty of skate nerds on here, I can't think of a single other place where I can find actual discussion skateboard history / current events.

Easy to hate on Slap, easy to defend it.

I wish the dudes on the 9 Club didn't take the shit talking so personally, it would be a way better look if they just laughed and brushed it off. It clearly gets to them a bit (except Rog maybe, I don't recall ever hearing him get worked up about it). However that's a pretty easy position for me to take considering that I don't have to deal with a fuckton of people on the internet hating on me. I also have been on skateboard messageboards for as long as I've been skating and I'm pretty used to trolls.

Chim Richalds

• Rep: -101
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2019, 09:56:26 AM »
Slap can be overwhelmingly negative, it's like 80% shitting on anything/everything and 20% discussing things in skateboarding. It's a bummer and it would be a way better forum if there was less of that.

It's also the only hub that I know of for people who are very knowledgeable about skateboarding. Plenty of skate nerds on here, I can't think of a single other place where I can find actual discussion skateboard history / current events.

I wish the dudes on the 9 Club didn't take the shit talking so personally, it would be a way better look if they just laughed and brushed it off. It clearly gets to them a bit (except Rog maybe, I don't recall ever hearing him get worked up about it). However that's a pretty easy position for me to take considering that I don't have to deal with a fuckton of people on the internet hating on me. I also have been on skateboard messageboards for as long as I've been skating and I'm pretty used to trolls.

Rog was the one who called Slap the worst place on Earth.

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »
He probably isn't racist but he did say something that if you substitute it for any other ethnicity, it would get called out just as much.

Cutting any individual down based on their skin color and lumping people together based on skin color and disregarding the individual IS racist always and forever period. The whole this and that minority can't be racist because some straight white social justice warrior tranny took a class on underwater lesbian basket weaving does not mean words suddenly change meaning. But it's a free country and that's the point he's free to be racist just own that shit.
people dont just hate straight white people, they hate you because you say stupid shit like this

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2019, 05:09:17 PM »
Crob is like an old gipsy woman: Nothing but a blank stare in his eyes until he hears the words "youtube monetization".

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »
Hang on, are we not writing anything on our balls now?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2301
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2019, 06:16:36 PM »
Hang on, are we not writing anything on our balls now?
Yes we are,mail it in

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

BigPants

• Rep: 2
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2019, 06:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Rog was the one who called Slap the worst place on Earth.
Yeah but I feel like he was just talking shit, not like his feelings were hurt.

Save the dolphin flip

• Rep: -71
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2019, 07:16:08 PM »
Mike Mo seems like a lovely dude but he’s boring as heck with zero worldview. Just a shallow bro with nothing to say.
gotta agree with this. He comes off very shallow, on some Amerikuh, fuck yeaaah tip

Dustwardprez

« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2019, 10:01:42 PM »
Actually roger said slap is the most negative place in skateboarding.

It made me giggle a little bit because skating is negative pretty much across the board.

The first time I ever got high was at Maximus. That shit was crazy negative. It also was the best shit ever.

soonbanned

« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2019, 07:54:44 AM »
You have yourselves talked into thinking Roger would ever remotely fuck with this place. Not sure what you're listening to but he rolls his eyes and says how bad this place sucks every time it gets mentioned. And now that ya'll are making a big deal out of Monkey staying on the line for an hour to make himself look extremely stupid, let's see how often you see or hear this forum mentioned from here on out. Chris has had enough.

tedkootz

• Rep: -58
  • my life be like ooh ahh
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2019, 07:58:59 AM »
Expand Quote

They have a point about this forum being a toxic haven for trolling and shit posting in general. I agree and would love to see more productive convo here but at the same time, regarding steezus' being racist thread reaction, I mean what do you expect when you say something that comes off racist. He probably isn't racist but he did say something that if you substitute it for any other ethnicity, it would get called out just as much.

it's a good listen at the very least.

Anyways since I'm on slap, might as well speak in slap language

Eldrigdge is a male version of an air headed bimbo lol get Mike MO on   I prefer his corny south park voices

Am I doing it right slap?
[close]

Get out my face with this lame take

If you come to Slap for "productive convos" you should just focus your account now

I want to talk about TK putting people in the sky and make fun of Jason Jesse's forehead

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 544
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2019, 08:04:55 AM »
I'd like to skate with Roger.

lilboosie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2019, 08:11:09 AM »
Is stezzus Christ racist ?

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2019, 09:10:36 AM »
You have yourselves talked into thinking Roger would ever remotely fuck with this place. Not sure what you're listening to but he rolls his eyes and says how bad this place sucks every time it gets mentioned.
Have you ever heard of the account Budgie Lasek?