Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 103969 times)

Fhk

Re: Twin tail
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2021, 07:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
its interesting how their WBs for these are always 14.3 and up
[close]

yea the WB ruins it for me
[close]

Same, wish it was shorter for sure, I mean, I get it, they want to keep the length what it is so they have to keep the tail dimensions the same, so the only place for it to go is in the WB...
[close]

So how big are the kicks on the 8.3 ?
[close]
6.6 and for anyone curious the longer wheelbase does not mess with you as much as it would on a normal popsicle IMO. Maybe that just in my head, but my skating was only affected by the lack of nose if anything.
And for any of you guys skating the 8.3 which trucks do you have on it.
[close]

The 8.3 sits really well on 8.25 trucks, so Indy 144s for the ones I have skated - tech friend's board, but it rode well.
This spring I should try my Indy 144 hollows on it. I tried regular 5.6 Ventures on it, it wasn't too terrible but that was just initial impression. I know I could find something better. Thanks for the input man

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2021, 05:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same, wish it was shorter for sure, I mean, I get it, they want to keep the length what it is so they have to keep the tail dimensions the same, so the only place for it to go is in the WB...
[close]

[close]
6.6 and for anyone curious the longer wheelbase does not mess with you as much as it would on a normal popsicle IMO. Maybe that just in my head, but my skating was only affected by the lack of nose if anything.

I rode 144’s but i prefer the thunder 148’s

TPB3333

• Rep: -1
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2021, 02:25:42 AM »
Since there are so few symmetrical shapes out there. Is there a company that consistently makes very close to symmetrical shapes? Like where the tail and nose have the same length but the steepness is slightly different or anything. I ordered two krooked Bobby Worrest decks after scowering the internet for hours and paying a bunch of shipping costs (I live in the Netherlands). But I'm kinda afraid that if I like them a lot, that when I have to get a new board there are no symmetrical options...

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1025
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2021, 04:55:17 AM »
Twin threads too (just in case people only see half the info):

Twin tail
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=105756.90

Twin "hybird" decks
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115688.0
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2021, 06:52:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

The 8.3 sits really well on 8.25 trucks, so Indy 144s for the ones I have skated - tech friend's board, but it rode well.

I ride 8.25" on the DLX TT, it's a great fit since it's a true 8.3" and usually Tensor/Theeve to pull that WB in. Switching to 149s and slim wheels tho for more slappy room.

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2021, 02:00:57 PM »
I dont want a twin tail, I always felt my tail was too short , Id rather see a twin nose DLX shape
two times

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2021, 04:05:08 PM »
I dont want a twin tail, I always felt my tail was too short , Id rather see a twin nose DLX shape

yep, that would be ideal. I know there is twin nose decks on the market (Neen Deathwish) but they are way to pointy and flat for my liking

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2021, 04:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yep, that would be ideal. I know there is twin nose decks on the market (Neen Deathwish) but they are way to pointy and flat for my liking

In doing some experiments on longer wheelbase DLX decks, we drilled the back bolts in a bit, so both shortening the wheelbase and making the kicks a little bit more symmetrical, even if the nose and tail were slightly different, it was still an interesting experience.

Some people would think it ridiculous, but it worked for what the person wanted, which was almost a twin nose deck.

Whenever I think about twin boards, I get out the Real Ishod 8.3 used or the 8.5 new twin that I still have and one look at it makes me put it away again.  The deck is nice enough in the tail but so short in the nose, which makes it really weird for me.

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2021, 01:03:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Likewise.

Anyone know why 14” wb only goes up to an 8.25?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2021, 10:07:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Likewise.

Anyone know why 14” wb only goes up to an 8.25?

I've only ridden 14" wb for years before switching to the real 8.25 twin tail. It usually makes a huge difference but this deck seriously doesn't feel like it has a long wheelbase. I can't tell you why, maybe it's just the perfect tail length/steepness but it feels super light and responsive.

Fhk

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2021, 11:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Great advice with the 144's, I tried it Today, and it is perfect. Shoes and gear section comes through again.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2021, 08:42:30 PM »
Ok I definitely like a like “long” nose any twin tail out there for a guy like me? (I promise I’m talking about skateboarding)

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2021, 01:29:20 PM »
Ok I definitely like a like “long” nose any twin tail out there for a guy like me? (I promise I’m talking about skateboarding)

Deathwish makes "twin nose" decks for neen sometimes.
But do you really want a long nose for a tail?

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2021, 02:58:25 PM »
that's exactly what I'm looking for actually. if anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it. the worrest krooked twin tail seemed like the "tails" were pretty big im leaning toward that one.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2021, 03:18:43 PM »
that's exactly what I'm looking for actually. if anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it. the worrest krooked twin tail seemed like the "tails" were pretty big im leaning toward that one.
The Worrest is the exact same board as the Ishod Twin Tail 8.3. The tails are maybe a little bit longer than some tails on non-symetrcial boards, but they're still definitely tails so if you like a long nose, you might not like it.

They're 6.6" but that's measured horizontally, like with a ruler going straight from the tips of a tail to the other, not measured down from the tip to the actual bolt holes (that way it's closer to 6.8" or something)... Does that make sense?

The only twin nose I'm aware of is Neen's board, and it's mellower than the DLX twin tails, so the pop is probably quite different.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:43:02 PM by Dan Gerous »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2021, 04:39:47 PM »

The only twin nose I'm aware of is Neen's board, and it's mellower than the DLX twin tails, so the pop is probably quite different.

And they are quite difficult to get it seems.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 306
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2021, 05:21:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Big Zoom seems to have em pretty often.

https://www.zumiez.com/deathwish-neen-controlled-chaos-8-12-skateboard-deck.html

https://www.zumiez.com/deathwish-neen-spew-3-twin-8-12-skateboard-deck.html

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2021, 09:55:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The Worrest is the exact same board as the Ishod Twin Tail 8.3. The tails are maybe a little bit longer than some tails on non-symetrcial boards, but they're still definitely tails so if you like a long nose, you might not like it.

They're 6.6" but that's measured horizontally, like with a ruler going straight from the tips of a tail to the other, not measured down from the tip to the actual bolt holes (that way it's closer to 6.8" or something)... Does that make sense?

thanks yeah that makes sense. of course both the neen boards are ugly af lol

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2021, 04:29:54 AM »
From the Real catalog, they have the sizes and all the info for the DLX twins, but in case it is too small to see, text here too:

8.0 x 31.5, 14.3 wb and 6.55 kicks

8.25 x 31.8, 14.33 wb and 6.625 kicks

8.3 x 31.9, 14.4 wb and 6.6 kicks

8.5 x 32.2, 14.5 wb and 6.72 kicks

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2021, 05:10:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Big Zoom seems to have em pretty often.

https://www.zumiez.com/deathwish-neen-controlled-chaos-8-12-skateboard-deck.html

https://www.zumiez.com/deathwish-neen-spew-3-twin-8-12-skateboard-deck.html

Dude thank you so much. Yeah it’s not a favorite graphic but I don’t mind that at all

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2021, 07:01:36 PM »
It's infuriating....why would an 8" board have close to a 14.5 wheelbase? 

Fhk

« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2021, 07:05:27 PM »
Idk if you have tried one, but for me the wb makes no difference with the TT. I am very particular about short wb's too, but that was all washed away with these.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2021, 08:01:21 PM »
Just heard on Nine Club, crail is coming out with a twin tail in 8.25 and 8.5...no details on length and wb, but considering crail decks sometimes have shorter wheelbases, these could be cool. Shape is apparently called G069 and G096

ballintoohard

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2021, 07:32:27 AM »
I rode an 8.3 worrest with cast 5.6 and actually liked the pop and almost everything felt pretty damn consistent. I never adjusted for nollie stuff and ended up ditching it. I’d try one again on Thunders for sure.

Fhk

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2021, 07:52:21 AM »
I rode an 8.3 worrest with cast 5.6 and actually liked the pop and almost everything felt pretty damn consistent. I never adjusted for nollie stuff and ended up ditching it. I’d try one again on Thunders for sure.
I tried it at first with 5.6 Ventures and it didn't go well for me, it sucks because Ventures are my go to.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2021, 05:36:19 PM »

Didn't like it on thunders, I tried ML/Indy/Tensors and they all felt great (as they pulled in the WB). ML felt the best being so low.

Mitchell_Stevens_7

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2021, 05:04:07 AM »
skatemafia has a "symmetrical" shape

width: 8.5"
length: 32.1"
wheelbase: 14.2"
nose: 6.88"
tail: 6.84"

Unfortunately I don't know the specific name of the shape. I've ridden a couple of these boards and the longer tail has always been a good nose for my switch tricks. Their graphics are however questionable to say the least.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2021, 07:50:54 AM »

Unfortunately I don't know the specific name of the shape. I've ridden a couple of these boards and the longer tail has always been a good nose for my switch tricks. Their graphics are however questionable to say the least.

Nice!

Where are you and do you know what woodshop it came from?

Eg Europe it is HLC / Jart, but in US and AU it is BBS, or at least was last time I had some.

Mitchell_Stevens_7

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2021, 10:53:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice!

Where are you and do you know what woodshop it came from?

Eg Europe it is HLC / Jart, but in US and AU it is BBS, or at least was last time I had some.

I live in Europe, but there was no sticker that would refer to the woodshop.

https://www.freedomskateshop.at/skate/skatemafia-lawyer-house-stripes-8-5-deck

I didn't buy it there, but that was the only one I could find online

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 33
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Idk if you have tried one, but for me the wb makes no difference with the TT. I am very particular about short wb's too, but that was all washed away with these.

The 8 inch one is truly horrible, not because of the wheelbase, but because the tails are just awfully short. It even feels too short for a tail on that shape and especially for a nose.