Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 104085 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2021, 03:25:13 PM »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2021, 03:29:29 PM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

PrettyRicki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2021, 08:49:40 AM »
How's the flip TT?

I rode the Flip twin tail at the park yesterday and there isn't anything drastically different about it compared to the Real 8.25 TT shape. The Flip has medium-steep kicks, a mellow/medium concave, and the wood feels good. Nothing I did on it felt different than the Real decks I normally ride.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 612
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2021, 12:35:57 PM »

This is my back-up setup that I haven't rode enough of yet.

Flip Team Smiley Pink Twintail 8.25" x 31.9"
Tensor Maglight ATG 5.25 w/ bones hard and 1/8" spacers
Spitfire Radial 54mm 99 duro
Rush Swiss bearings
Krux Krome Phillips hardware
Jessup pink griptape

Yellow bushings and wheels would look sick there.
IG: @flowterspace

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2021, 02:17:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1" hardwares
[close]

Lol c'mon, ripping on 1" hardware is such low hanging fruit. At least make fun of my tensors or something  ::) ::)

The 7/8" guys don't know it's easier to mount trucks with 1" hardware. With the Silver tool, a few extra turns won't kill me.
[close]

I ride ATG Maglites, I know how good they are ;)

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1" hardwares
[close]
At least make fun of my tensors or something
[close]
He rides Tensors w/ twin tails too, so there really isn't anything else....
[close]

My OCD will not allow 1" hardware without the use of risers.

LOL 100% agreed - that extra excess thread is a no go! Why would you?
If you ain't rockin risers and not on 7/8 bolts, I honestly don't know what you're doing with your God damn life! And just wait till that extra thread gets you ;)

7/8 bolts exist for a very good reason. All about having that shit flush!

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2021, 08:37:47 AM »
Ended up putting away all my 1" hardware since I have plenty of 7/8" as well. I set these two boards up yesterday, Krooked on the left and Santa Cruz on the right, both twin tails.

Krooked Worrest "Archur" 8.3" x 31.9" (graphic wiped for that blank look)
Tensor Maglight ATG 5.5
Spitfire Formula 4 Conical Full 54mm 97 duro
Rush Swiss Bearings
Enjoi Gender Bender 7/8" hardware
Jessup grip

Santa Cruz McCoy "Transcend VX" 8.25" x 31.8"
Tensor Maglight ATG 5.5
Spitfire Formula 4 Classics 54mm 97 duro
Rush Swiss Bearings
Jessup grip

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2021, 09:59:25 AM »
Skating the Ishod 8.35" twin tail right now and I gotta be honest, I don't think I'm going back to normal popsicles after this, I love twin tail. My only complaint is the graphic is not symmetrical and I have to make a concerted effort not to look at the bottom of my board or I'll accidentally see which end is the 'nose'.

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2021, 10:09:45 AM »
Skating the Ishod 8.35" twin tail right now and I gotta be honest, I don't think I'm going back to normal popsicles after this, I love twin tail. My only complaint is the graphic is not symmetrical and I have to make a concerted effort not to look at the bottom of my board or I'll accidentally see which end is the 'nose'.

That's sick that you love the twin tail. The old graphic called Monarch has a symmetrical graphic but the new graphic isn't. You could always remove the graphic like I did in the picture above. All it takes is some nail polish remover, some paper towels, and a jar of elbow grease.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's sick that you love the twin tail. The old graphic called Monarch has a symmetrical graphic but the new graphic isn't. You could always remove the graphic like I did in the picture above. All it takes is some nail polish remover, some paper towels, and a jar of elbow grease.

May end up going that route, wouldn't have known you did that if you didn't say something because it just looks like a standard blank. Really hoping some more companies start making these just to have more options.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2021, 10:17:54 AM »
I’d measure that SC McCoy, the supposed TT one I had, wasn’t.

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2021, 11:18:30 AM »
I’d measure that SC McCoy, the supposed TT one I had, wasn’t.

I just measured, both tails are 6.9" and is about 8.2" x 31.875" long. So mine feels and looks symmetrical.

The deck feels firm, probably because the VX. It has a mellow concave and feels a little flat but has a steep kick. I'll skate it today and see how it goes.

SuperRupp

• Rep: 2
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2021, 11:01:16 PM »
Ended up putting away all my 1" hardware since I have plenty of 7/8" as well. I set these two boards up yesterday, Krooked on the left and Santa Cruz on the right, both twin tails.

Tensor Maglight ATG 5.5
Rush Swiss Bearings
Jessup grip

Tensor Maglight ATG 5.5
Rush Swiss Bearings
Jessup grip

Loosen those axle nuts. Give your F4s a chance to breath man..

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2021, 08:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Or keep the axle washers on there.

I still see people leaving washers behind after setting up boards in the shop, which makes me wince and think of axle rethreaders and shin guards, but if that is how they want to do it, I cannot make them do otherwise.

Axle washers have a very important purpose, even if some people disagree or don't know what they are for.

Before every session I tighten the wheels down and then do about quarter or half of a rotation back so I can barely move the wheel back and forth. This is how I've done it for 24 years anyway, maybe I've been doing it wrong.

Rush swiss bearings are actually made wider than normal bearings so axle washers aren't needed. I haven't had a problem with my bearings, wheels, or axles, so I don't know what you're both on about.

Completely unrelated, but I heard Jamie Foy on the nine club talking about how he rides a symmetrical board now because of Neen Williams. I know Chocolate is coming out with a twin board because of Chris Roberts too. So maybe we'll have some more boards to choose from.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2021, 09:51:17 AM »
Copying this over from the Set Up thread. This is my first TT board. Curious as to how I’ll dig it.

Creature Jawn Gardner TT 8.8 x 31.4 x 14wb (sizing down from a 14.75 WB x 33 L)
Ace 55 classic
OJ 55mm hardline (also sizing down from a 58mm)
Bones Swiss
Mob

I've seen this deck so much and love the specs.  I tracked one down. Seems like it's going to be awesome. I've wanted a Creature for a while. I'm not too crazy about skating dark colored graphic was thinking about painting over it but then I noticed the Ghost are throwing up hand signs spelling out Creature. That's FK'in rad! Maybe I'll give it a light mist of white spraypaint. 

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2021, 08:27:01 AM »
Expand Quote

Tensor Maglight ATG 5.5
Rush Swiss Bearings
Jessup grip

Tensor Maglight ATG 5.5
Rush Swiss Bearings
Jessup grip
[close]

For real, throw in some speedrings, push those wheels out a bit and save those axels...maybe he likes extra threads showing on all his hardwardware?

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2021, 08:40:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Tensor Maglight ATG 5.5
Rush Swiss Bearings
Jessup grip

Tensor Maglight ATG 5.5
Rush Swiss Bearings
Jessup grip
[close]

[close]

For real, throw in some speedrings, push those wheels out a bit and save those axels...maybe he likes extra threads showing on all his hardwardware?

Maybe I run extra wide bearings so I don't speedrings? Are people on here unaware that race bearings are made wider? My axle nuts/wheels are already loosened from the pictures that I took, I'm not really down to loosen them any further.

I already bought an axle rethreader and haven't had to use it on the 6 pairs of Tensors I have, haven't gone through any bearings either.

Keep your madness to yourself, the gatekeeping in this thread is really lame.

I have about half a dozen other twin tails to post/review here but the thread is completely derailed now since we're talking about my hardware instead. Should I even bother to post in this thread any more or should I fuck off to the setup thread?

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2021, 09:13:44 AM »
In an effort to get this thread back on track, I'm going to post a list of all of the different shapes in my symmetrical collection. If anyone is curious about my experience with them or would like pictures of concaves/overhead shots, let me know.

Alien Workshop Owlien Twin 8.375"
Creature John Gardner Ghosts 8.84"
Creature Live Evil Reanimator 8.2"
Deathwish Neen Williams Extended Trip/Spew 3/Controlled Chaos 8.125"
Deathwish Neen Williams Slayer 8.5"
Flip Team Smiley Pink Twintail 8.25"
Heroin Symmetrical Egg 9.0"
Imperfects Eggball 8.75"
Krooked Bobby Worrest Destroyer/Archur/Liberty 8.3" (same as Real 8.3" below)
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch 8.0"
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch/Customs 8.25"
Real Ishod Wair Monarch/Customs 8.3" (same as Krooked 8.3" above)
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch 8.5"
Santa Cruz Maurio McCoy Afterglow 8.25"
Santa Cruz Maurio McCoy Transcend VX 8.25"

If there are any different shape symmetrical boards on the market that aren't on this list, please let me know. Thanks homies.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 01:54:36 PM by PrettyRicki »

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2021, 01:47:54 PM »
In an effort to get this thread back on track, I'm going to post a list of all of the different shapes in my symmetrical collection. If anyone is curious about my experience with them or would like pictures of concaves/overhead shots, let me know.

Deathwish Neen Extended Trip/Spew 3/Controlled Chaos 8.125"
Deathwish Neen Slayer 8.5"
Imperfects Eggball 8.75"

If there are any different shape symmetrical boards on the market that aren't on this list, please let me know. Thanks homies.

Just wanna say that you're my hero and I love you

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2021, 04:11:47 PM »

Imperfects Eggball 8.75"

Gnar and kudos for you kind sir.
Btw, anybody else's eye twitches when the graphic on a TT is not "both side friendly" sort of speak?
Like those Ishod panthers, lovely and beautiful. But those with the cars bother me so much, it would be great if the car where normal/upsidedown/normal... You get the idea.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2021, 04:10:50 AM »
I just bought five 8.25 Ishod twin tails and every single one either has the roman numeral II or IV. I think I once had a III deck, all the other ones were II or IV. Do you think the other numerals go to the real team?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2021, 04:18:51 AM »
I just bought five 8.25 Ishod twin tails and every single one either has the roman numeral II or IV. I think I once had a III deck, all the other ones were II or IV. Do you think the other numerals go to the real team?

From getting hundreds of DLX boards (for the shop) I have seen them all but some tend to appear more on some sizes / shapes than others, or even some runs than others.

I to IV being steepest to mellowest, so at least you have some of each, even though it is not much, I still much prefer the IV as they just work better for me, but I know others who are always after I or II.

A while back I ordered half a dozen of the twin 8.3 for someone and all were I apart from one IV which I swapped back for another I as that is what the guy wanted.  An 8.5 twin I still have is a IV - so spoony round and flat.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2021, 04:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

From getting hundreds of DLX boards (for the shop) I have seen them all but some tend to appear more on some sizes / shapes than others, or even some runs than others.

I to IV being steepest to mellowest, so at least you have some of each, even though it is not much, I still much prefer the IV as they just work better for me, but I know others who are always after I or II.

I always thought it goes up to V, are there really only 4 decks pressed?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2021, 04:23:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I always thought it goes up to V, are there really only 4 decks pressed?

Yep, four to a press.  There might have been more at some point, but everything that they have put out, pics, video etc all look like four in all the BBS presses.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2021, 04:19:11 PM »

Real 8.25 x 32.25 x 14.38
Generic griptape which is working pretty decently
Indy 7/8 Phillips
Ti149
Swiss 6
F4 CF 99 53mm
I'm totally in love with this setup, only thing that sucks is that here in Chile is almost impossible to find TT. I'm moving back to Prague in a couple months and I haven't seen there any so my heart is suffering.
This is a total game changer.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #204 on: July 05, 2021, 04:28:10 PM »
Been sitting on an Ishod twin tail for about a week now because my current deck still has plenty of juice left, but after skimming this thread I might have to make the swap early

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #205 on: July 05, 2021, 05:48:39 PM »
I wish there was an 8.0 twin tail with 14 inch wb.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #206 on: July 05, 2021, 06:03:27 PM »

Same here.  Or if deluxe made the 8.125x31.3x14 in a twin tail.  I would never ride anything else.

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2021, 08:43:47 PM »

Imperfects Eggball 8.75"

I'm skating the neen 8.125 chaos right now - I like the shape but the natural/non-stain bottom ply is really bumming me out more than I thought it ever could

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2021, 08:32:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here.  Or if deluxe made the 8.125x31.3x14 in a twin tail.  I would never ride anything else.

This sounds perfect. Took a long look at the ishod 8.25 before buying a board with your listed dimensions instead (non twin). The board I got works great. But here I am, thinking about a twin tail.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2021, 09:29:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This sounds perfect. Took a long look at the ishod 8.25 before buying a board with your listed dimensions instead (non twin). The board I got works great. But here I am, thinking about a twin tail.
I just love switch front shuvs and to be able to do one and then just keep going and not mess up on the Fakie shuv to get the board back in place would be awesome.