Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 109241 times)

Sacha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2021, 09:01:17 AM »
Upcoming Worrest TT graphics

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2021, 09:08:33 AM »
my current deck is the neen williams with the cannibal holocaust artwork from jj villard. i really fucking dig not worrying what way more board is facing. im going to miss this board dearly. for me it's the ultimate even steven
even the steven

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2021, 06:19:44 PM »
my current deck is the neen williams with the cannibal holocaust artwork from jj villard. i really fucking dig not worrying what way more board is facing. im going to miss this board dearly. for me it's the ultimate even steven

Is that the 8.5" one?

The 8.25" is the shit, I've a few setups and since I've started riding the recent 8.25" everything else feels weird, I've even swapped through 3 truck brands and nothing felt off at all (though I think I'm settling on Indys.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #273 on: August 15, 2021, 09:09:01 PM »
In an effort to get this thread back on track, I'm going to post a list of all of the different shapes in my symmetrical collection. If anyone is curious about my experience with them or would like pictures of concaves/overhead shots, let me know.

Alien Workshop Owlien Twin 8.375"
Creature John Gardner Ghosts 8.84"
Creature Live Evil Reanimator 8.2"
Deathwish Neen Williams Extended Trip/Spew 3/Controlled Chaos 8.125"
Deathwish Neen Williams Slayer 8.5"
Flip Team Smiley Pink Twintail 8.25"
Heroin Symmetrical Egg 9.0"
Imperfects Eggball 8.75"
Krooked Bobby Worrest Destroyer/Archur/Liberty 8.3" (same as Real 8.3" below)
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch 8.0"
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch/Customs 8.25"
Real Ishod Wair Monarch/Customs 8.3" (same as Krooked 8.3" above)
Real Ishod Wair Cat Scratch/Monarch 8.5"
Santa Cruz Maurio McCoy Afterglow 8.25"
Santa Cruz Maurio McCoy Transcend VX 8.25"

If there are any different shape symmetrical boards on the market that aren't on this list, please let me know. Thanks homies.

Thanks for this list. Have there been any new symmetrical shapes released since this was written?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: August 15, 2021, 09:31:18 PM »
Expand Quote
In an effort to get this thread back on track, I'm going to post a list of all of the different shapes in my symmetrical collection. If anyone is curious about my experience with them or would like pictures of concaves/overhead shots, let me know.

Imperfects Eggball 8.75"

If there are any different shape symmetrical boards on the market that aren't on this list, please let me know. Thanks homies.
[close]

Thanks for this list. Have there been any new symmetrical shapes released since this was written?

Yep.

Deathwish Neen Astrovore Twin 8.25" x 31.5"
DLX also revamped the Ishod Twin tails with new dimensions.

Also, not throwing company names out but expect to see something new/updated down the road…no idea when.

WideFeet

• Rep: 84
« Reply #275 on: August 16, 2021, 12:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Imperfects Eggball 8.75"

[close]

[close]

Yep.

Also, not throwing company names out but expect to see something new/updated down the road…no idea when.

Does this mean the 8.5 twin tail is going to look like two 8.5” tails? Because the current 8.5” twin tail is complete trash and a total disappointment. If they fixed it, I would skate so many of them. Definitely would be stock piling
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 05:57:23 AM by WideFeet »

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #276 on: August 16, 2021, 12:38:20 AM »
Crailtap are releasing an 8.25" and 8.5" twin tail, word on the street is they should start dropping around the end of this month/start of sept.

WideFeet

« Reply #277 on: August 16, 2021, 05:57:53 AM »
Crailtap are releasing an 8.25" and 8.5" twin tail, word on the street is they should start dropping around the end of this month/start of sept.

Thanks for the heads up! Will be checking that out

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #278 on: August 16, 2021, 08:33:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Imperfects Eggball 8.75"

[close]

[close]

Yep.

Thanks! Also looking forward to those other ones from Crailtap and such.

bryan

• Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #279 on: August 16, 2021, 12:15:31 PM »
I'm excited to see the crail twin, any stats? I thought I saw somewhere that it'd be one of the few on the market with a 14" wb, a twin tail g052 would be nice. There's a skateshop in thailand that's listing a twin chunk deck on the website with no stats, maybe fake/old. Being for Crob, I was hoping for a 7.75 twin.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #280 on: August 16, 2021, 03:06:19 PM »
I'm excited to see the crail twin, any stats? I thought I saw somewhere that it'd be one of the few on the market with a 14" wb, a twin tail g052 would be nice. There's a skateshop in thailand that's listing a twin chunk deck on the website with no stats, maybe fake/old. Being for Crob, I was hoping for a 7.75 twin.

Market-wise I am not sure a 7.75 twin would be a seller; he’s also been skating 8.25s which is what I think prof. Ralityschmitt measured.

bryan

« Reply #281 on: August 16, 2021, 04:27:10 PM »
Market-wise I am not sure a 7.75 twin would be a seller; he’s also been skating 8.25s which is what I think prof. Ralityschmitt measured.

Yes it would be a unicorn and definitely would not be a huge seller, but they still make a 7.75 and 7.8 so it's not out of the question. While he skates a 8.25 for his everyday slappy board, he's mentioned he still skates a 7.75 for street on the rare occasion that he does.

Skatebeard

« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2021, 12:01:16 AM »

8.25 and 8.5, both 31.875" long. Don't know the WB unfortunately. Shape codes are G069 and G096 (I see what they did there)

The ones listed on that Thai site tally with what I know, and the graphics look right, they've also got the correct shape codes... so guess that's what we are going to be getting - stoked if the WB is 14", that's my jam.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2021, 07:31:22 AM »
My Heroin Symmetrical Egg has a steeper nose with more fingers of flat - I guess while the dims are symmetrical, the mold is not.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2021, 08:40:11 AM »
My Heroin Symmetrical Egg has a steeper nose with more fingers of flat - I guess while the dims are symmetrical, the mold is not.

I’ve no way of measuring so eyeballing, but I’ve about 1 finger of flat at each kick (indys) and the kicks look and feel exactly the same to me…bummer yours is off.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2021, 09:11:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve no way of measuring so eyeballing, but I’ve about 1 finger of flat at each kick (indys) and the kicks look and feel exactly the same to me…bummer yours is off.

Nose hits a couple mms higher on the measuring tape - turned upside down and put a level on it to make sure.

Fhk

« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2021, 11:50:08 AM »
^ I am nervous that this might become more of an issue now that symmetrical decks are hot. So far I have had a 8.25 Ishod monarch that was on the wrong shape and a Worrest 8.38 with a little different steepness of the kicks. The other 4 symmetricals have been perfect though. It wasn't long ago you had to have luck on your side to find a 8.38 slick or any symmetrical for that matter. I found an Ishod 8.3 slick on the first shop site I looked last night(Orchard) and I saw on Tactics you can actually pick your color on the Worrest 8.3s

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -163
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2021, 12:00:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Imperfects Eggball 8.75"

[close]

Pretty impressive list!
Would be good to know what truck combos you found worked best for each of the decks on your list if poss pls? ;)
Also which one has been your fav or if you had to settle for one?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2021, 03:35:51 PM »
Is there any need to rotate wheels with symmetrical shapes? With a non-symmetrical popsicle my wheels wear unevenly. But if I'm skating a symmetrical board, would the wheels still wear unevenly but less so? If only I skated switch exactly as much as I skated regular then I wouldn't have to worry about this.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2021, 06:52:05 PM »
Is there any need to rotate wheels with symmetrical shapes? With a non-symmetrical popsicle my wheels wear unevenly. But if I'm skating a symmetrical board, would the wheels still wear unevenly but less so? If only I skated switch exactly as much as I skated regular then I wouldn't have to worry about this.

if you don't favor a a kick you should only need to reverse the wheels where they are instead of rotating to balance out the coning (if you get any).

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2021, 08:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

8.25 and 8.5, both 31.875" long. Don't know the WB unfortunately. Shape codes are G069 and G096 (I see what they did there)

The ones listed on that Thai site tally with what I know, and the graphics look right, they've also got the correct shape codes... so guess that's what we are going to be getting - stoked if the WB is 14", that's my jam.

Preduce skateshop?

Skatebeard

« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2021, 12:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Preduce skateshop?

i found it listed on a Swiss skateshop, Doodah

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2021, 07:39:19 AM »
^ I am nervous that this might become more of an issue now that symmetrical decks are hot. So far I have had a 8.25 Ishod monarch that was on the wrong shape and a Worrest 8.38 with a little different steepness of the kicks
Being on the wrong shape is inexcusable - in my case, I think it is within the margin of error, like the Worrest you got and only my OCD that can't deal with 2mm difference. I have the wb mod tool in 1/4", so I'm going to just drill the nose back and make it a nice 14.125" wb and treat the nose as the nose. Still a tremendously good shape, I prefer it to the normal razor egg.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2021, 08:29:27 AM »
Have you seen any numbers? From what I can tell, the latest Ishod twin tails (with the bimmers) have the same dimensions and shapes as the past models...

WideFeet

« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2021, 01:40:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Have you seen any numbers? From what I can tell, the latest Ishod twin tails (with the bimmers) have the same dimensions and shapes as the past models...

You’re right. The recent twin tails with the BMW’s on it is the normal shape we’ve seen before. I think they’re talking about a future twin tail. Probably dropping around holiday season this year.

Fhk

« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2021, 06:25:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You’re right. The recent twin tails with the BMW’s on it is the normal shape we’ve seen before. I think they’re talking about a future twin tail. Probably dropping around holiday season this year.
I imagine the 8.38 will be safe. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2021, 08:32:09 AM »

preduce skateshop? the crob twin paddle GO69.8.25/31.875/14. no stats on both paddle length.

https://www.preduce.com/collections/all/products/chocolate-roberts-twin-chunk-black-skateboard-deck-8-25
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 08:42:41 AM by GBLange »

bryan

« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2021, 12:22:56 PM »
preduce skateshop? the crob twin paddle GO69.8.25/31.875/14. no stats on both paddle length.

https://www.preduce.com/collections/all/products/chocolate-roberts-twin-chunk-black-skateboard-deck-8-25

Thanks for the info, I wasn't able to see the stats on the website before. If it is a true twin, the nose and tail should be 6.8375 which is nice because it is close to the G052 I have now.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2021, 12:42:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks for the info, I wasn't able to see the stats on the website before. If it is a true twin, the nose and tail should be 6.8375 which is nice because it is close to the G052 I have now.

That is accurate if the 31.875" measurement is with the tape pressed in. I'm putting my money on 6.785 tips - they probably measure straight across

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2021, 01:54:59 PM »
Stocking up, supplies are running looooow: