Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 109233 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #720 on: April 07, 2022, 02:36:54 PM »
Goddamn this 8.375 is going to be my first quasi deck for sure

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #721 on: April 07, 2022, 02:42:20 PM »
The Quasi looks nice, how deep/shallow ist the concave?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #722 on: April 07, 2022, 03:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
quasi twin tails in the new drop, bbs pressed
31.8/14.0wb
31.75/14.25wb
[close]

Nice. I'd be curious to see real world measures though, seems odd that the wider 8.375 has a 1/4" longer wheelbase than the 8.125 yet is listed as 0.05 shorter overall... That would mean it has shorter tails or that, like what seems like 90% of board companies, the listed numbers are wrong.
these are bbs pressed and they are reliable with length vs ps
with my board being 31.75, id say the eye test was accurate
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Dan Gerous

« Reply #723 on: April 07, 2022, 03:47:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
quasi twin tails in the new drop, bbs pressed
31.8/14.0wb
31.75/14.25wb
[close]

Nice. I'd be curious to see real world measures though, seems odd that the wider 8.375 has a 1/4" longer wheelbase than the 8.125 yet is listed as 0.05 shorter overall... That would mean it has shorter tails or that, like what seems like 90% of board companies, the listed numbers are wrong.
[close]
these are bbs pressed and they are reliable with length vs ps
with my board being 31.75, id say the eye test was accurate

Good to know... I'm not too familiar with Quasis, how is the concave on these things?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #724 on: April 07, 2022, 03:53:23 PM »
My experience with Quasi [proto...quasimodo) is they are about 1/4" + shorter than listed. So the listed  32.125"  is always around 31.875" (which is perfect!)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 08:17:59 PM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #725 on: April 09, 2022, 09:23:39 PM »
https://socalskateshop.com/Heroin-Mandy-Enemy-Symmetrical-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-Green-Stain-95x31-75.html#!?cc_decks=124579&c=cc_grip-tape

Width: 9.5"
Length: 31.75"
Wheelbase: 14.25"
Nose: 6.87"
Tail: 6.87"

I might have to bite on this. My 161s forged hollows need a home.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #726 on: April 10, 2022, 10:18:31 AM »

Probably too early to tell but given the 8.375 Quasi are not squared off, one can assume this one isn't either?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #727 on: April 10, 2022, 10:31:14 AM »
https://socalskateshop.com/Heroin-Mandy-Enemy-Symmetrical-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-Green-Stain-95x31-75.html#!?cc_decks=124579&c=cc_grip-tape

Looks fun.
You skated the 161s yet? Wide thunders are fun for me

Dan Gerous

« Reply #728 on: April 10, 2022, 10:53:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably too early to tell but given the 8.375 Quasi are not squared off, one can assume this one isn't either?

I'll have the Quasi 8.375 Twin this week, I'll post back with measures, what the concave compares to and a decent picture from the top.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 11:05:53 AM by Dan Gerous »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #729 on: April 10, 2022, 02:08:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks fun.

Yep, had the 161s on a few boards off an on (symm egg). Problem is wheelbite for me :\ rode some thunders today, wheebite city...shelved that board and hopped on the mindy indy setup..way less wheebite. I'm too sketchy for thunders lol....but man that pop is on point.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #730 on: April 10, 2022, 06:05:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks fun.
[close]

Yep, had the 161s on a few boards off an on (symm egg). Problem is wheelbite for me :\ rode some thunders today, wheebite city...shelved that board and hopped on the mindy indy setup..way less wheebite. I'm too sketchy for thunders lol....but man that pop is on point.
have you tried ventures?
i had the same issues with thunders until i switched over
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #731 on: April 10, 2022, 08:31:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks fun.
[close]

[close]
have you tried ventures?
i had the same issues with thunders until i switched over

I did when the 5.6 ti dropped -  I wasn't a fan, even with extensive tinkering - I still have two pairs of unground 'lites' hollow pin, solid axle on my kids board, they just roll around no grinds.

I'm still eyeing this deck and only the 161s I have on hand would fit, tho I could go 8.75 but that's too magic carpet for me.

honestly, polars with wheels well work the best for me on thunders (team plates)...the wells help so much.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 08:47:40 PM by Xen »

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #732 on: April 11, 2022, 10:36:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Ive always wanted to skate a twin tail with bigger "Tails" like not quite a twin nose but just more space to flick off of, i didn't even know mark had a twin tail. Does the suciu twin tail have larger "Tails" than the Ishod/crob decks? if they are i might have to try it out
[close]
I can't really say about the AWS/Habitat shape (Suciu/Spears), but the Crob/Malto twin I ride currently is a pretty perfect nose/tail hybrid in my opinion.

Thanks for this, might have to pick up a Foy or try try out the chocolate twins

Space Cowboy

« Reply #733 on: April 11, 2022, 10:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ive always wanted to skate a twin tail with bigger "Tails" like not quite a twin nose but just more space to flick off of, i didn't even know mark had a twin tail. Does the suciu twin tail have larger "Tails" than the Ishod/crob decks? if they are i might have to try it out
[close]
I can't really say about the AWS/Habitat shape (Suciu/Spears), but the Crob/Malto twin I ride currently is a pretty perfect nose/tail hybrid in my opinion.
[close]

Thanks for this, might have to pick up a Foy like Xen Suggested or try try out the chocolate twins

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #734 on: April 11, 2022, 12:17:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The Suciu are BIG ASS NOSE kicks without a doubt...switching back to the foy was like night and day, the Foy being much stubbier in comparison.

I tried to setup the suciu again and give it another shot, it's just....weird feeling to me due to it's over all, and kick, length.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #735 on: April 11, 2022, 05:57:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The Suciu are BIG ASS NOSE kicks without a doubt...switching back to the foy was like night and day, the Foy being much stubbier in comparison.

I tried to setup the suciu again and give it another shot, it's just....weird feeling to me due to it's over all, and kick, length.

I know some people shape down their boards a bit, so was wondering if this would be an option on the AWS / Habitat deck, but every time I think about it, I don't really feel motivated to try, even though I will happily modify other aspects of skateboards from time to time.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #736 on: April 11, 2022, 08:36:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I know some people shape down their boards a bit, so was wondering if this would be an option on the AWS / Habitat deck, but every time I think about it, I don't really feel motivated to try, even though I will happily modify other aspects of skateboards from time to time.

If I could, I most certainly would; I'd drop both kicks down enough to bring the deck length from 32.25" to 31.88" - basically matching up with the Foy but squared tips and steep!

Dan Gerous

« Reply #737 on: April 12, 2022, 11:06:15 AM »
Quasi Justin Henry Mirror Twin Tail 8.375...

It's a bit shorter than claimed, about 3/32 shorter than 31.75"?
Other measures are pretty much bang on, maybe a hair under 8.375" wide and wheelbase is indeed 14.25", tails are about 6 5/8 - 6.6", very much a twin tail like the Ishod, not twin nose or hybrid.

Top view:

Top view compared to a DLX 8.3 Twin Tail:

Concave compared to a DLX 8.3 Twin Tail with a III concave:

Basically, it seems very close to the 8.3 DLX but with a shorter wheelbase and overall length. The tails are maybe a tad less pointy but not by much. Seems nice and maybe a good option for those who's only complaint about the DLX is that the wheelbase is too long. Not being a slick, it's also noticably lighter.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #738 on: April 12, 2022, 11:31:38 AM »

Other measures are pretty much bang on, maybe a hair under 8.375" wide and wheelbase is indeed 14.25", tails are about 6 5/8 - 6.6", very much a twin tail like the Ishod, not twin nose or hybrid.

My experience with Quasi [proto...quasimodo) is they are about 1/4" + shorter than listed. So the listed  32.125"  is always around 31.875" (which is perfect!)

Excellent.

Top view:

Basically, it seems very close to the 8.3 DLX but with a shorter wheelbase and overall length. The tails are maybe a tad less pointy but not by much. Seems nice and maybe a good option for those who's only complaint about the DLX is that the wheelbase is too long. Not being a slick, it's also noticeably lighter.

Would you say the kicks are fuller?

I'm sold. Thanks for the measurements!

Dan Gerous

« Reply #739 on: April 12, 2022, 01:27:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Excellent.

Expand Quote
Top view:

Basically, it seems very close to the 8.3 DLX but with a shorter wheelbase and overall length. The tails are maybe a tad less pointy but not by much. Seems nice and maybe a good option for those who's only complaint about the DLX is that the wheelbase is too long. Not being a slick, it's also noticeably lighter.
[close]

A little bit fuller yes, but not by much, very subtly so.

Personally I love the shape but that's coming from someone who doesn't like too square or too full shapes and from someone who loves the Ishod/Worrest 8.3's shape, tail lengths and steepness. The DLX wheelbase is at the upper limit of acceptable for me though (Thunder fan here).

The Foy has a nice wheelbase and I'm okay with the 8.5 width, but I find the kicks a bit too long and mellow, I have one setup that I'll try with slightly bigger wheels than I usually use. But this Quasi might be the best of both Worlds for me.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #740 on: April 12, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Excellent.

Expand Quote
Top view:

[close]

[close]

Personally I love the shape but that's coming from someone who doesn't like too square or too full shapes and from someone who loves the Ishod/Worrest 8.3's shape, tail lengths and steepness. The DLX wheelbase is at the upper limit of acceptable for me though (Thunder fan here).

The Foy has a nice wheelbase and I'm okay with the 8.5 width, but I find the kicks a bit too long and mellow, I have one setup that I'll try with slightly bigger wheels than I usually use. But this Quasi might be the best of both Worlds for me.

I think the Foy is great for an 8.5 twin, wouldn't change a thing; I agree with you that the kicks are very mellow, after playing around on the suciu twin and a SC slick (non-twin), the foy felt damn near flat.

The main thing I disliked about the DLX twin was the WB but only because of the kick length being short with a long wheel base and deck length (the Suciu with kicks being too long with a long wb)

I'm very particular about my 8.3s and there are so few out there worth anything; they are either too big of a WB and nose or the tails are too short (Crail/PlanB...most PSTix too).

Nice to have more options out there, especially in the 8.3 space...as there's only two!

Dan Gerous

« Reply #741 on: April 12, 2022, 02:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Excellent.

Expand Quote
Top view:

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the Foy is great for an 8.5 twin, wouldn't change a thing; I agree with you that the kicks are very mellow, after playing around on the suciu twin and a SC slick (non-twin), the foy felt damn near flat.

The main thing I disliked about the DLX twin was the WB but only because of the kick length being short with a long wheel base and deck length (the Suciu with kicks being too long with a long wb)

I'm very particular about my 8.3s and there are so few out there worth anything; they are either too big of a WB and nose or the tails are too short (Crail/PlanB...most PSTix too).

Nice to have more options out there, especially in the 8.3 space...as there's only two!

I agree the Foy is still very nice even with the mellow kicks, it's the best 8.5 twin and very skateable as is, despite the mellowness. I have Thunder Ti Lights on it, maybe swapping the forged baseplates for the higher cast ones might make the mellowness more acceptable... and a better idea than having too big wheels for the height of Thunders...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #742 on: April 12, 2022, 02:08:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Excellent.

Expand Quote
Top view:

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree the Foy is still very nice even with the mellow kicks, it's the best 8.5 twin and very skateable as is, despite the mellowness. I have Thunder Ti Lights on it, maybe swapping the forged baseplates for the higher cast ones might make the mellowness more acceptable... and a better idea than having too big wheels for the height of Thunders...

I've got 149 royals on my foy still, perfect (but I think they shine on 14.3x WBs, like indys or ACE do). Thunders worked best on the neen with its 14.25"WB; to me extended WB trucks bring that 14.25WB closer to a 14.3, wheres putting them on a 14.3wb pushed them closer to a 14.5, which is out of my range.

jimgrude

« Reply #743 on: April 12, 2022, 08:43:46 PM »
I don't see a lot of fuzz about the Krooked Bobby Worrest twin tail on here.
If you're looking for shorter kicks, The 8.3 have 6.6" tails, just like the Ishod Monarch 8.25. However, the shape is fuller and the kicks are a bit steeper. The WB is also really short at 14.2".
Definitely my favorite twin so far, so I'm going back for seconds.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #744 on: April 12, 2022, 11:45:21 PM »
I don't see a lot of fuzz about the Krooked Bobby Worrest twin tail on here.
If you're looking for shorter kicks, The 8.3 have 6.6" tails, just like the Ishod Monarch 8.25. However, the shape is fuller and the kicks are a bit steeper. The WB is also really short at 14.2".
Definitely my favorite twin so far, so I'm going back for seconds.

That’s because it’s the same mold as the Ishod 8.3 that led the way; it’s just sort of assumed everyone wanting a twin knows they’re the same board.  It’s mentioned in this thread and has been ridden by many of us.

‘dlx 8.3’ applies to both is all.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #745 on: April 13, 2022, 06:10:49 AM »
I’ve yet to see a Bobby Twin tail that is different from the Ishod one. All are 8.3 31.9 14.4 6.6

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #746 on: April 13, 2022, 06:28:39 AM »
I’ve yet to see a Bobby Twin tail that is different from the Ishod one. All are 8.3 31.9 14.4 6.6

This. There isn't one with 14.2 wb right?

Dan Gerous

« Reply #747 on: April 13, 2022, 07:01:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. There isn't one with 14.2 wb right?

Right. There is only one size in the Krooked Worrest Twin and it's always the exact same board as the Ishod 8.3, same mold, same shape, same drilling, same wheelbase, both slicks, they just print different graphics at the end of the manufacturing process. Even the sizing sticker on the Worrest says it's Ishod's shape.

They're both 8.3 x 31.9 with 14.4 wb and 6.6 tails as Idk mentionned.

Personally I'm a big fan of Ishod and I love that shape, but I get the Worrest more often as the Ishod usually sells out quicker, probably because he has a bigger fan base and it's more known/public that he skates a twin. Also, not that important but Real graphics are sometimes very nice, sometimes not so nice while I like most graphics made by Gonz.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 07:08:38 AM by Dan Gerous »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #748 on: April 13, 2022, 08:17:49 AM »
I like most graphics made by Gonz.

Hate to burst your bubble but Gonz doesn't do all the Krooked art anymore, there's a team of artists over there that have been pumping out his style for years.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #749 on: April 13, 2022, 09:35:08 AM »
Expand Quote
I like most graphics made by Gonz.
[close]

Hate to burst your bubble but Gonz doesn't do all the Krooked art anymore, there's a team of artists over there that have been pumping out his style for years.

I actually don't mind if Gonz doesn't do them himself, I just generally like that style and art direction more than Real's. Real has some really great graphics once in a while, but the good ones can be few and far between, especially on Ishod's Twins. Real's art direction is a bit all over the place.