Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 109264 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1260 on: September 06, 2023, 12:02:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Looks like there’s no G069 shapes on the crailstore anymore and the Chris Roberts twin tip is sold out everywhere I looked. Really hope they didn’t discontinue this shape because I’ve been skating it exclusively for years and only have 1 left in the stash.
[close]

I doubt they took it off the production line, my local shop can't keep enough of them in stock and I'd gander this is their most popular shape. Probably clearing inventory for next seasons graphic.
[close]

They seem to come in waves. Most non-crail are BBS (DLX...well before china(?), welcome, quasi).

Crail:
https://www.tactics.com/girl/bennett-93-til-825-twin-tip-shape-skateboard-deck/cream-red-mdchen

There's still plenty of Welcome and dlx out there (CCS and smaller indy shops), just have to hunt around..this is why I buy two at a time! Still have a Foy and Quasi on ice.
[close]

Cool, I am looking for 8.38s in Europe predominantly so anyone who's got pointers hook me up pls.

2x 8.375 Quasi - so bummed I never landed a metal cat graphic

https://www.slamcity.com/search?q=twin&options%5Bprefix%5D=last

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #1261 on: September 06, 2023, 01:38:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Looks like there’s no G069 shapes on the crailstore anymore and the Chris Roberts twin tip is sold out everywhere I looked. Really hope they didn’t discontinue this shape because I’ve been skating it exclusively for years and only have 1 left in the stash.
[close]

I doubt they took it off the production line, my local shop can't keep enough of them in stock and I'd gander this is their most popular shape. Probably clearing inventory for next seasons graphic.
[close]

They seem to come in waves. Most non-crail are BBS (DLX...well before china(?), welcome, quasi).

Crail:
https://www.tactics.com/girl/bennett-93-til-825-twin-tip-shape-skateboard-deck/cream-red-mdchen

There's still plenty of Welcome and dlx out there (CCS and smaller indy shops), just have to hunt around..this is why I buy two at a time! Still have a Foy and Quasi on ice.
[close]

Cool, I am looking for 8.38s in Europe predominantly so anyone who's got pointers hook me up pls.
[close]

Nice. Have a gnar. I am running a Quasi atm and quite like it, the basketball player / dog graphic. There‘s a shop in Germany who still has three of them in stock. I guess shipping from the UK might be more costly.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1262 on: September 06, 2023, 10:43:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Crail:

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice. Have a gnar. I am running a Quasi atm and quite like it, the basketball player / dog graphic. There‘s a shop in Germany who still has three of them in stock. I guess shipping from the UK might be more costly.
SkateDeluxe has G069, the big twin paddles makes it feel bigger than your average 8.25
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1263 on: September 06, 2023, 10:53:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Crail:

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
SkateDeluxe has G069, the big twin paddles makes it feel bigger than your average 8.25

Cheers, sounds interesting.
why come?

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1264 on: September 08, 2023, 01:54:26 AM »
Any of y'all ever skated the Welcome 8.75?

My usual go-to is the 8.5 Ishod, but there's still no sign of the new Real drop here in the EU and I'm starting to run short on decks, so I'm tempted to give this one a try. Mainly because it's available to me, but also because I'd like to try an even bigger twin. Going smaller isn't a viable option for me at the moment.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1265 on: September 08, 2023, 04:20:33 AM »

My usual go-to is the 8.5 Ishod, but there's still no sign of the new Real drop here in the EU and I'm starting to run short on decks, so I'm tempted to give this one a try. Mainly because it's available to me, but also because I'd like to try an even bigger twin. Going smaller isn't a viable option for me at the moment.

Bro you know that skatedeluxe makes their own 8.5 twins, right?
why come?

scab

« Reply #1266 on: September 08, 2023, 04:32:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bro you know that skatedeluxe makes their own 8.5 twins, right?

Yeah, unfortunately I can't warm up to them. I know some people around here who have them and rode around on them on different occasions, whatever woodshop they use just doesn't work well for me. Plus I have to admit I'm not too keen on riding a Skatedeluxe branded board. Not that I like Welcome very much, but at least they use BBS. Ugh, the headaches that come with one's arbitrarily set preferences and constraints... Thanks anyway for the tip, though!

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1267 on: September 08, 2023, 04:32:42 AM »

Nah, but I've got an old 8.5 in the quiver.  Looking at the dims for the 8.75... I can't say 'it'll be just like the 8.5 but wider' because they've added length to the deck and WB.  Sorry dude, you'll have to be the guinea pig.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1268 on: September 12, 2023, 07:00:22 AM »
Did a search for Twin shapes on Tactics (dont need any boards right now so didnt pull the trigger.)
I found what I think would be my personal favorite Twin Kick shape and its from Welcome:

https://www.tactics.com/welcome/lil-owl-85-evil-twin-shape-skateboard-deck/dusk

CENTER WIDTH (IN):   8.5
LENGTH (IN):   31.95
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.25
NOSE (IN):   6.81
TAIL (IN):   6.81

I personally really like a 14.25" wb and this seems to be the only board for sale currently offered in that wb so that is basically what narrowed down the winner for me. But I also really like that length of kick at 6.81, i think it would be pretty manageable for a tail while still giving you a good nose slide. I would consider this in the "Twin Hybrid" range.

There are two Alien Workshop Twin Kick boards I saw that I liked. Both are at 8.375"w x 14.375" wb which is ok for me. One of them is a BEAST with 7" monster kicks. Definitely what I would call a true Twin Nose. I kinda feel like that is a bit too wild. the Mosaic 20 year anniversary board has 6.875" kicks which sounds pretty damn awesome to me, and I would put that in the Twin Hybrid category as well.

I don't think I would fuck with any of the Girl Twins because they are all 14" wb which is just way too small for me. I do like the other dimensions on the boards - they offer a board with 6.84" kicks which sounds great. (clearly I like the sound of hybrid length kick)

The Ishod ones are puzzling to me... They are varying kicks but all very small, 6.55" on the 8" x 14.3"wb (weird...),  6.72" on the 8.5" x 14.5"wb (too long for me). I dont think I would like this board.

Bill Salt

« Reply #1269 on: September 12, 2023, 08:01:00 AM »
next step would be no tail no nose.Like plank of wood and the loop would be closed.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1270 on: September 12, 2023, 08:19:53 AM »
Any one on here a fan of the G069 or G096 shapes? Interested due to the 14 in WB.

I bought two(G069/8.25) and love the shape. Can't skate a WB higher than 14.1. Then it starts to feel heavy on the pop. But I can't seem to find them in the wild. I skate them just like a regular board. Nose is not as steep as a G027/G052, what I regularly buy, so my nollie/switch stuff hits the ground sooner.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #1271 on: September 13, 2023, 12:42:58 AM »
I didn't realize the G096 had a 14in WB, I may pass on it as I don't go lower than 14.25 since I'm on Indys. Don't feel like trying Venture or Thunder with them, but we'll see
Super Champion Fun Zone

scab

« Reply #1272 on: September 13, 2023, 03:49:03 AM »

Lucked out and found a shop that had just got 2 Ishod 8.5s from the Fall drop, so I won't need to give the Welcome twin a shot for at least a few months. Crisis averted!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1273 on: September 13, 2023, 10:03:04 AM »

Lucked out and found a shop that had just got 2 Ishod 8.5s from the Fall drop, so I won't need to give the Welcome twin a shot for at least a few months. Crisis averted!

The Welcome 8.5 evil twin is *chefs kiss* tho. ;)

I didn't realize the G096 had a 14in WB, I may pass on it as I don't go lower than 14.25 since I'm on Indys. Don't feel like trying Venture or Thunder with them, but we'll see

Only thing keeping me from trying the G069 - I just can't do a 14" WB (I've tried and tried); 14.25 minimum these days. However, the kick length might negate the short WB from an overall boardfeel pov, much like Primitive boards do....just tired of $pending on gear that doesn't work out.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1274 on: September 13, 2023, 10:11:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Only thing keeping me from trying the G069 - I just can't do a 14" WB (I've tried and tried); 14.25 minimum these days. However, the kick length might negate the short WB from an overall boardfeel pov, much like Primitive boards do....just tired of $pending on gear that doesn't work out.

I wouldn't force it. The WB was the most notable part of the G096 for me, and while I thought it kicked ass, I would advise against trying to make it work if >/= 14.25 is your comfort zone.

Maybe worth trying if you get one for cheap, but those shapes seem to go pretty fast and I don't see em on sale too often
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #1275 on: September 13, 2023, 10:39:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wouldn't force it. The WB was the most notable part of the G096 for me, and while I thought it kicked ass, I would advise against trying to make it work if >/= 14.25 is your comfort zone.

Maybe worth trying if you get one for cheap, but those shapes seem to go pretty fast and I don't see em on sale too often

I'm about 5'10" and have longer legs than a torso. I tried the Couch Shape at 13.75" and that thing was too squirrelly on my Indys. I can see the 14" WB working well with all the spin tricks I like to do, but the lack of stability that comes with it doesn't sound appealing enough for my liking. If I tried my untouched Thunder/Ventures on it, I might sing a different tune, however. I don't know if I wanna stray from Indy.

I skated a ton (at least 23 decks I can think of) of Primitive 8.5 models over the years (primarily 2017-2020) and they always felt like they were 14.25 or 14.5. Those never felt short WB-wise to me like Crail boards have.

We'll see. I may have to try it under feet in store or hope to try someone else's board who has that exact shape to see how it feels before committing to it
Super Champion Fun Zone

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1276 on: September 13, 2023, 11:32:14 AM »
Honestly I have tried short decks and Thunder/Venture and skated up to 14.5 on Thunders and even that felt better to than than on a 14. I could prob skate Venture Forged on a 14" that has long kicks, but in the end I still am not sure what I would really be gaining and I'd have to find a deck close to 31.9 to not feel insanely short.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1277 on: September 13, 2023, 02:17:17 PM »
Honestly I have tried short decks and Thunder/Venture and skated up to 14.5 on Thunders and even that felt better to than than on a 14. I could prob skate Venture Forged on a 14" that has long kicks, but in the end I still am not sure what I would really be gaining and I'd have to find a deck close to 31.9 to not feel insanely short.

I've tried pushing WB with Thunders/Ventures/Etc., it doesn't work as well as I (we) think it would; 14" is just too small for me to work with.

I can, however, feel a larger difference with indy vs Vent on a 14.3" WB tho.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
« Reply #1278 on: September 14, 2023, 11:17:31 AM »
givin it a shot

AWS Twin 8.375
Indy 149ti (w/cast hollow baseplate, indy aftermarket conical bushings, riptide pivots)
SF F4 53mm Radial 99a
Swiss
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 07:01:23 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1279 on: September 14, 2023, 11:22:37 AM »
givin it a shot

Expand Quote

AWS Twin 8.375
Indy 149ti (w/cast hollow baseplate, indy aftermarket conical bushings, riptide pivots)
SF F4 53mm Radial 99a
Swiss
[close]

Looks super nice, I need to seek this one but can't find any in Europe.
why come?

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
« Reply #1280 on: September 18, 2023, 07:01:05 AM »
givin it a shot

Expand Quote

AWS Twin 8.375
SF F4 53mm Radial 99a
Swiss
[close]

@LebowskisRug was right, this thing was WAY too much of a BEAST.  it felt sooo long and at times, I'd think I was stepping off the board, only to be stepping back on it.  left it at the local park after a couple sessions on it.
hardly art, hardly starving

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1281 on: September 21, 2023, 12:30:44 PM »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:50:00 PM by Xen »

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1282 on: September 21, 2023, 01:31:06 PM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/search-skate.html?start=0&count=30&searchtext=twin

GO69s in stock

GO96 too! That Howard with the moped mouse is rad

Local shop said they were getting crail's drop today or tomorrow. Crossing fingers this one comes in!
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

ulpsb

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1283 on: September 21, 2023, 02:24:01 PM »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1284 on: September 21, 2023, 03:51:49 PM »

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 835
« Reply #1285 on: September 21, 2023, 08:51:36 PM »
8.75" Ishod twin tail on the way in the new year. Looks to have an 8 5/8" wheelbase.

scab

« Reply #1286 on: September 22, 2023, 12:24:04 AM »
8.75" Ishod twin tail on the way in the new year. Looks to have an 8 5/8" wheelbase.

I probably shouldn't be as excited about a new shape as I am right now, but damn, you just made my whole week.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #1287 on: September 22, 2023, 09:04:56 AM »
DLX please make true fit twin tails.
8.25-8.75 twin with a 14.25 wb or something.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1288 on: September 22, 2023, 09:18:05 AM »

Damn that sounds really sick...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1289 on: September 22, 2023, 09:19:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
DLX please make true fit twin tails.
8.25-8.75 twin with a 14.25 wb or something.

This.

Every twin 14.33 and above...wtf.