Author Topic: Hipster tendencies  (Read 22953 times)

FUCKINGLOUD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Hipster tendencies
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »
I CANT STAND THE HIPSTERS AROUND MY WORK IN DTLA. DRINKING ALL THE COLD BREW AND SMOKING ALL THE VAPE JUICE.

VANS AUTHENTICS, SHITTY LEG TATTOOS AND SHORTS SO SHORT THEIR BALLS PEEP OUT.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2019, 06:38:34 PM »
I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing.

Are you deferring your loans while unemployed?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 339
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2019, 08:59:11 PM »
Expand Quote
I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing.
[close]

Are you deferring your loans while unemployed?

I see your bachelor of science joke there buddy.
Real funny.
But real funny as in, it holds up, in a replicable methods and sound statistics sort of way.

BAs aren't paying shit other than buying a one way ticket into a masters program or settling to work at Costco.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2019, 10:13:35 PM »
I CANT STAND THE HIPSTERS AROUND MY WORK IN DTLA. DRINKING ALL THE COLD BREW AND SMOKING ALL THE VAPE JUICE.

I personally consider DTLA solidly yuppie but I know there are no hard and fast rules to theses things

FUCKINGLOUD

« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2019, 12:05:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I personally consider DTLA solidly yuppie but I know there are no hard and fast rules to theses things

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING ARENT THEY ALL YUPPIES

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2019, 03:43:32 PM »
My wardrobe is all black band tees and black dickies.

I don't have a car so I bus it and skate everywhere

I play in a couple indie rock/punk bands here in town.

I go to the more hip downtown bars and venues pretty often because that's where most of my friends always hang and there's always shows going on

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1602
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »
I only drink good coffee now and I get offended pretty easily.....

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2019, 08:25:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

DTLA still has some sketchy parts. Give it a few years though. I'm gonna miss it when it's gone.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2019, 06:41:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
DTLA still has some sketchy parts. Give it a few years though. I'm gonna miss it when it's gone.

I felt like downtown LA was sketchier than downtown Detroit.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2019, 07:15:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah, well, the sketchy parts of Detroit are outside of the city center... in the neighborhoods.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2019, 09:07:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah, well, the sketchy parts of Detroit are outside of the city center... in the neighborhoods.

For sure. The point I wanted to make is that DTLA was pretty far from what I would picture as a shiny yuppie city. Coming from Detroit, I wasn't expecting it to be as grimy as it was.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2019, 11:27:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

For sure. The point I wanted to make is that DTLA was pretty far from what I would picture as a shiny yuppie city. Coming from Detroit, I wasn't expecting it to be as grimy as it was.

I was referring to everyone who lives in the lofts west of Main I guess. Definitely still plenty of people downtown that are far from yuppies. But have you heard of Skid Rokyo?

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2019, 11:31:52 AM »

IM SO GLAD I NEVER GOT INTO TATTOOS. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR THE TRUE BADASSES IN THE WORLD. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE WITH TATTOOS. MY GIRL WANTED TO GET A TATTOO LIKE A YEAR AGO. I SAID YOUR BODY IS FUCKING BANGING WHY ARE YOU GONNA PUT A STICKER OF A DEER ON IT AND FUCK IT ALL UP?

FUCKINGLOUD

« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2019, 11:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was referring to everyone who lives in the lofts west of Main I guess. Definitely still plenty of people downtown that are far from yuppies. But have you heard of Skid Rokyo?

I WORK AT THE CENTER OF DOWNTOWN (DOUBLE SET THAT A BUNCH OF SHIT HAS GONE DOWN IS OUTSIDE THE LOBBY) BUT AM MOVING TO SKID ROW. APPARENTLY, ALL THE YUPPIES STARTED GENTRIFYING THE ARTS DISTRICT/SKID ROW OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS AND ITS BECOMING A SHINY PIECE OF SHIT. ALMOST GOT MUGGED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO OUT THERE.

DOWNTOWN, THE FINANCIAL DISTRICT OR AROUND PERSHING, IS FILLED WITH YUPPIE SHIT

FUCKINGLOUD

« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
IM SO GLAD I NEVER GOT INTO TATTOOS. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR THE TRUE BADASSES IN THE WORLD. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE WITH TATTOOS. MY GIRL WANTED TO GET A TATTOO LIKE A YEAR AGO. I SAID YOUR BODY IS FUCKING BANGING WHY ARE YOU GONNA PUT A STICKER OF A DEER ON IT AND FUCK IT ALL UP?

50 YOURE THE GOD DAMN PEOPLES CHAMP. IM IN THE SAME BOAT AND MY WIFE IS TOO. I JUST PUT A BUNCH OF TEMPORARY TATTOOS ON MY FACE AND WEAR THOSE FAKE TATTOO SLEEVES BECAUSE I TRY TO GIVE OFF THE VIBE THAT IM A MILLENIAL BUT I ALSO LIKE TO MIX THINGS UP ON THE WEEKENDS WITH A TAKING BACK SUNDAY ALBUM OR SOME SAOSIN

I BREW MY OLD COLD BREW WHICH I GUESS IS THE EPITOME OF YUPPIE SHIT

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2019, 11:57:47 AM »
sometimes i think about getting tattoos, but then i remember what SFB said

Anyone who starts being cool and getting a bunch of tattoos in their 30s is a fucking poser dork

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »

Expand Quote
Anyone who starts being cool and getting a bunch of tattoos in their 30s is a fucking poser dork
[close]

that sounds about right actually

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2019, 12:14:33 PM »
I'm 40 and I'm about to get a tattoo but I have a couple from my 20s. if you want some though you should just get them. who cares if that makes you a poser?

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2019, 12:39:05 PM »
I'm 40 and I'm about to get a tattoo but I have a couple from my 20s. if you want some though you should just get them. who cares if that makes you a poser?

Agree with the fact that if you want a tattoo you should get it.

I think the tattoos that people get as adults generally have a lot more meaning than the ones they get when they are 18-25 or so. Have you seen an 18 year old with a bunch of tattoos? Most of them are extremely fucking stupid.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2019, 12:59:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I SAID THIS ON THE FIRST PAGE
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2019, 01:14:24 PM »
21 = da Game

12 = da Dirty Game
mArLeY

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2019, 11:46:25 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

I vaguely remember when he said this, and I could be wrong because I don’t remember the context, but I thought he was mocking how so many people suddenly become such self-conscious squares in their 30s and try to vibe anybody who skates or gets tattoos or doesn’t totally try to play the role of the family man or professional or whatever.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:48:39 PM by ChronicBluntSlider »

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2019, 01:44:30 AM »

poser dork, you forgot the key component but i agree, if you want a tattoo at any age get it and dont give a fuck

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2019, 09:59:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I vaguely remember when he said this, and I could be wrong because I don’t remember the context, but I thought he was mocking how so many people suddenly become such self-conscious squares in their 30s and try to vibe anybody who skates or gets tattoos or doesn’t totally try to play the role of the family man or professional or whatever.

i took it as the opposite. it was from the jonah hill thread where there was the photo of him with a jersey and two freshly tatted sleeves. like only a dork decides that they want to go all out into tattoos in their 30s.

i just thought it was funny enough that i remembered it. i dont care what people do or how old they are when they do it. i really like tattoos, but i dont think i like them enough to commit to one. im 31 now and what ive liked has changed so much since i was a teenager. and not that i think that what i was into in my younger years defines who i am for the rest of my life, but i dont know if id be stoked right now on the tattoos 18, 22 or even 25 year old me wouldve gotten.

im also a cheap ass and could never see myself affording a body full of tattoos. if i had money id rather be that poser dork who buys a motorcycle on the quest to be cool.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2019, 11:08:44 AM »
Yo are SFB quotes like the sacred scrolls now and open to each posters interpretation? Asking for myself.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2019, 11:14:33 AM »
I sit outside local cafes of newly gentrified neighborhoods of Philadelphia, smoking cigarettes and drinking nitro cold brew (splash of organic almond milk) whilst discussing literature i haven't read to anyone who will listen. I try to make as little eye contact as possible while being the loudest within any given vicinity. I only date girls with bangs. At the skatepark I discuss the impact morrissey and his music have on cultural appropriation and why Alex G hasnt been featured in any major skate vids

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2019, 11:37:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

i took it as the opposite. it was from the jonah hill thread where there was the photo of him with a jersey and two freshly tatted sleeves. like only a dork decides that they want to go all out into tattoos in their 30s.

i just thought it was funny enough that i remembered it. i dont care what people do or how old they are when they do it. i really like tattoos, but i dont think i like them enough to commit to one. im 31 now and what ive liked has changed so much since i was a teenager. and not that i think that what i was into in my younger years defines who i am for the rest of my life, but i dont know if id be stoked right now on the tattoos 18, 22 or even 25 year old me wouldve gotten.

im also a cheap ass and could never see myself affording a body full of tattoos. if i had money id rather be that poser dork who buys a motorcycle on the quest to be cool.

Haha okay the source of the quote leads me to believe you’re probably right. But I’m 34 and have seen so many people like stop trying to be individuals and just making the choice to blend in with the herd over the last few years that’s how I interpreted this particular verse haha. And in full disclosure I got my first and only tastefully scaled tattoo a couple years ago and maintain that it’s better than 99% of the stuff my friends got in their teens/early twenties.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »
I sit outside local cafes of newly gentrified neighborhoods of Philadelphia, smoking cigarettes and drinking nitro cold brew (splash of organic almond milk) whilst discussing literature i haven't read to anyone who will listen. I try to make as little eye contact as possible while being the loudest within any given vicinity. I only date girls with bangs. At the skatepark I discuss the impact morrissey and his music have on cultural appropriation and why Alex G hasnt been featured in any major skate vids

Is Philly still gentrifying? I lived in Brewerytown 5 years ago when it was pretty hood. Went back there Sunday and it looked pretty much the same except Crime and Punishment was finally open. And they built like 10 of those shitty condo/row homes with the rectangle kick out on the front.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha okay the source of the quote leads me to believe you’re probably right. But I’m 34 and have seen so many people like stop trying to be individuals and just making the choice to blend in with the herd over the last few years that’s how I interpreted this particular verse haha. And in full disclosure I got my first and only tastefully scaled tattoo a couple years ago and maintain that it’s better than 99% of the stuff my friends got in their teens/early twenties.

Yeah, I see that too with people around my age and I'm sure I do a bit of it myself. From my perspective, my individualistic attempts in the past were mostly superficial, and I've hit the point in my life where I'm not really concerned with what "cool" is or how different I can appear from whatever I deem as lame. I don't need an image that shouts "Look at me! I'm different!" I also don't socialize nearly as much as I did in my teens and 20s, so figuring out what's "in" and what everyone else likes and how to incorporate that stuff into my life isn't important at all.

You get past a certain age and it's very easy to see what a genuine expression of someones lifestyle is and how different it is from someone elses fake attempt at projecting a lifestyle they wish they had. My lifestyle isn't that cool or interesting and I'm ok with that.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
Getting tats is like doing drugs: if you didn't start at 15, don't bother.