Author Topic: Where Were You on 9/11?  (Read 3155 times)

duster1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Where Were You on 9/11?
« on: September 11, 2019, 12:37:58 PM »
I don’t remember it because I was in Pre-K...
Skating and Baitin

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
Re: Where Were You on 9/11?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 12:38:34 PM »
9th grade.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 12:52:52 PM »
I was in 6th grade about to go to school watching it on tv. It was so surreal seeing the towers go down.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 12:58:27 PM »
I forget

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »
4th grade. I was in the living room watching TV before school. I usually watched MTV music videos or PB&J Otter but my grandma wanted to watch the news for something else unrelated. Great day to switch up on your morning routine.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »
4th grade and was also hoping i was getting pulled out of school to go to a yankees game
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 01:09:37 PM »
6th grade. Knew something was up when everyone's parents came to pick them up. Everyone.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 01:09:59 PM »
I was in 9th grade too.
I remember this fat kid freaking out in the hallway cuz they weren't going to let him leave school and I just remember him exclaiming
"I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! ME AND MY FATHER ARE GOING TO HUNT TERRORISTS!"
I also was in a class with a girl whose dad died there as a firefighter but she had not known this till later that week.
I have many friends who joined armed services because of 9/11 and 5 of them are no longer alive from trying to prevent it from happening again.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »
6th grade. Knew something was up when everyone's parents came to pick them up. Everyone.

Flight 93 crashed like 2 hours away from where I live and I don't remember anybody leaving school early.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 02:04:34 PM »
Was in the East Hamptons getting some my boy sucked by some super rich chick that invited me over to her house while her mum and dad were in Europe. I called up my dirtbag friends like get your guns lets shoot some cops!  I was going to go in to the city but they closed off the island for awhile.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 02:40:17 PM »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 02:41:46 PM »
Southern California, 7th grade. Watched the second plane hit on live TV while eating cheerios, then went to school. Got to the campus and everyone was just standing outside, not knowing what to do. Everyone went home by noon.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 02:47:57 PM »
8th grade second period Spanish class.  Skipped first period gym class to get stoned, come back in at the first break and knew something was up. Teachers were kind of freaking out and didn't know what to do. Real somber vibe going on.

My stoned ass walks into Spanish class, saw the TV stand and thought "aw nice, we're watching a movie". Nope. They made us watch CNN for the entire period while my teacher cried (she was from New York and her family were still there). Saw the second plane hit live on TV, it felt so surreal. Rest of the day was pretty weird and I ended up skipping the afternoon to go skate. So many people skipped the afternoon, none of us got detention.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »
5th grade Spanish class. Everyone started getting called out when the teacher flipped the tv on, saw what was happening then turned it off to shield us from it.

Came home and watched the news with my grandparents who were at our house.

My uncle worked in the building directly next to one of the towers but had retired less than a month before. He also was working in the towers when the basement bomb went off but had called out that morning randomly.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 03:16:53 PM »
9th grade.
Got sent home from school despite living in rural eastern Canada.  Went to my friend’s down the street to watch the news footage.  It was probably the only thing to distract me from the long distance crush I had met/completely obsessed over a few months prior.  This is around the same time I got really into skateboarding and pop punk.  Ah, the good old days.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 03:52:46 PM »
At home, I was late to school because my parents and I were watching, we saw the second plane hit.
I was in 8th grade at catholic school and my teacher was a “brother” training to be a priest.
I arrived to class late and told him what happened and he told me to sit down and be quiet (he didn’t give a shit)
A few min later our principle walks in and is stopping all classes and I don’t really remember what we did after that. Maybe we group prayed and watched some of the coverage on tv.
School was only 30 students btw.

That brother was a phony.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Seelew

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »
I was in 7th grade getting ready for school. I think I had just gotten out of the shower or something when I heard my mom exclaim "oh shit" or something from the other room. When I got dressed and went into the room she was in, the TV was on and he first tower was billowing smoke. We continued watching trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. Then the second tower got hit, they fell etc. I remember staying home from school that day watching tv coverage of everything that unfolded. Shit was heavy. They were filming as people were jumping from the buildings tumbling to their deaths on national tv. The whole time it was surreal like this wasn't really happening. I knew I was watching a shitload of people dying but I knew it was going to be one of the most historic moments of our lives so I just sat there with my parents and watched it unfold. I remember people got pretty racist and hateful towards people of middle eastern descent after that. I now question the narrative on what exactly took place that day. Regardless of who orchestrated it or just how these buildings came down, I'd just like to say a big fuck you to whoever is responsible. A lot of people lost their lives that day, and a lot of kids lost their innocence that day as well.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 05:30:28 PM »
I was in middle school in a suburb of nyc. I was 12 years old, with a bunch of classmates whose parents commuted to the city. The principal announced on the PA system that a plane attacked the twin towers. Shit was really vague and kids started going into full panic. My town was about 25 miles from the city and you could see a huge plume of smoke rising from the skyline.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »
On the road on my way to 7th grade.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 06:12:37 PM »
We were at company golf outing. I remember getting a soda in the clubhouse before teeing off and seeing a scrolling report that a plane had hit one of the towers. I thought it meant like a Cessna or something like that. We were about to tee off and my manager came running towards us and screamed "THEY JUST BLEW UP THE PENTAGON. WE'RE AT WAR!" and made us all go back to work. I worked in a network operations center at the time and we monitored all the cell sites for the cell company as well as the WAN backbone. When the towers fell, it took out an OC-192 fiber ring that shut down communications for most of the north east, so we were tracking that down. The next day when they started showing the names of the victims on the screen on CNN, I guess they showed a last name that was the same as mine (I have a very unusual last name) and someone asked me if that was a relative of mine. A quick call to my sister confirmed that it was my cousin. I didn't really know him that well, but we very much looked alike, so it was sort of surreal.

Anyways, that's all. Sorry for the wall of text.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »
I was in 4th grade. I remember there clearly being something up, but I don’t remember if they accomesged us in any special way or even outright told us what was happening. I do remember going home and my mom freaking out because my dad was flying on a business trip and we couldn’t get a hold of him. (He was fine and nowhere near it.)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 10:00:37 PM »
I was in the 10th grade in Los Angeles so I was just having breakfast watching Good Day LA (with fine ass Jillian Barbery hosting at the time) and saw coverage of the towers- Like a lot of people first assumed it was an accident because at the time the USA was in its own bubble and no conflicts had occurred on US soil in that major way.

THe best thing was i had a history teacher who broke down the whole thing on Osama Bin Ladens relationship with the USA and CIA and how they used him to train people in Afghanistan to fight against the USSR expansion etc and how it's beyond a "bad guy" attacking the US ....
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »
I was watching a movie with my ex in Singapore that evening. Got a call from a friend that was out boozing asking me to turn on the news. 5 minutes later, we watched the second plane hit live and knew things were never going to be the same.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 11:20:39 PM »
I was in 11th grade and in homeroom. It didn't hit me at first, mostly because it was impossible to fathom the tremendous loss of life.

Later on that night I thought about if it had been my loved ones and it really fucked me up. We didn't get to go home. We skipped a period or two. I also live about 2 hours from the PA crash site.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 11:24:52 PM »
I was at work. When one plane hit everyone was concerned but no one knew it was terrorism.

I was working in the call center and taking calls the entire time. After the second plane hit they closed the office and my girlfriend and I drove to her parents house listening to Howard Stern. Check that broadcast out if you haven’t.

Oh wow, this reminds me. I remember teachers saying how a plane had "accidentally" hit one of the towers and they were speculating on how that could have happened with the coverage playing in the background. That's when we saw the second plane hit and their tone started to change.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Brguy

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 01:11:11 AM »
4th grade. I was in the living room watching TV before school. I usually watched MTV music videos or PB&J Otter but my grandma wanted to watch the news for something else unrelated. Great day to switch up on your morning routine.
That's just what she told you, but in reality your grandma did 9/11.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 03:04:27 AM »
at the local village shit skate park with yellow plastic obstacles.
it then started to rain, so the parents of a friend of mine came
to pic us up and then it was already all over the radio. back at
home i switched on the tv and couldn't believe my eyes. i think
i was 10 y/o. crazy in how much detail i can remember that day.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:28 AM »
i was 15 years old at the time, i think the first plane hit while i was coming from school, i turned on the tv at home and it was all over it, saw the second plane go in on tv.

it was crazy to see all that unfold, the pentagon being attacked, too. it made me pretty paranoid about an upcoming war.

later that day i went skating and of course everyone was talking about the attacks.

these days i live merely a mile away from a foodplace where one of the terrorists used to work.

condolences to any pal who lost someone in the attacks.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 03:54:08 AM »
Highschool, I remember it being on the tv and me not really comprehending how large the situation was right away.