Author Topic: Cyril Jackson Of Baker  (Read 79497 times)

Mickey Knox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Cyril Jackson Of Baker
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2020, 10:33:05 AM »
 Id bet that it wasn’t only his rap career but also some of the main guys approaching Reynolds and telling him he should give him the boot. I can see Kader and his goons roasting him for the gear and overall image he had going and not wanting to be aligned with that. Kicking off dee and Cyril gave baker a more trendy feel which does sell boards so it’s hard to be mad at it. Still sucks though because both of those guys put out way more during their time with baker than most of the team. Hard work and talent does not always equal success in the skateboard industry. Sadly, your image is a little more important than your skating.

morningcommute

« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2020, 10:38:12 AM »
Id bet that it wasn’t only his rap career but also some of the main guys approaching Reynolds and telling him he should give him the boot. I can see Kader and his goons roasting him for the gear and overall image he had going and not wanting to be aligned with that. Kicking off dee and Cyril gave baker a more trendy feel which does sell boards so it’s hard to be mad at it. Still sucks though because both of those guys put out way more during their time with baker than most of the team. Hard work and talent does not always equal success in the skateboard industry. Sadly, your image is a little more important than your skating.

Baker has a massive focus on image and each team member Has their own following and style. But to say Cyril skating is upto par or better than the rest of the team is crazy

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2020, 10:39:36 AM »
Hard work and talent does not always equal success in the skateboard industry. Sadly, your image is a little more important than your skating.
So you'd rather have teams stacked with Nyjah clones?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2020, 10:41:03 AM »
Man, it’s amazing that people found a way to blame Kader for this. Slap outdid itself.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2020, 10:41:29 AM »
Unless there is a logistical reason (Covid, long distance) you should terminate employees in person.  Over the phone is weak.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2020, 10:41:36 AM »
I hope Cyril lands somewhere soon. I’ll swoop a board as long as it don’t have some dorky cartoon character

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2020, 10:44:30 AM »
Probably too scary to expose Reynolds, that's so shitty! That post was obviously toned down.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2020, 10:47:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Drew’s ig is getting berated
[close]

2020 is the year boss ain't da boss no more

boss wasn't boss no more when he left Emerica for Vans flow

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »
Baker is sick Kader is sick The Boss is sick i dunno who this Cyril guy is but that's prob why he aint on the team no more

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

randy

• Rep: -20
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2020, 10:49:37 AM »
Don’t we all know someone who bought into the baker “let’s get fucked up” image? It never turned out well.  The fact that they promoted that message to kids is unforgivable.  They are rich and sober now but they have left an awful mess behind them. 

Mog

« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2020, 10:51:00 AM »
If you were dumb enough as a kid to follow the Baker/Piss Drunks philosophy you're life was already doomed

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

randy

• Rep: -20
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2020, 10:55:04 AM »
Unfortunately kids are very easy to influence. Lucky you have always been so mature.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2020, 10:57:12 AM »
?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »
CJ's a very talented skater and that sucks for him but all you guys saying you'd have kept him and Dee on and dropped someone else are delusional. Obviously they weren't moving product and neither of them were fan favorites. The only justifiable point I see being made here is that Reynolds should have done it in person and not over the phone.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2020, 11:00:56 AM »
Not saying you have to be friends with your boss, but if he lives down the street from Reynolds maybe he wasn't hitting him up to skate and just doing his own thing.
If Reynolds is skating with Kader every day and other guys, but isn't skating with Cyril who lives down the street then maybe he just thought somebody else could be a better fit for his team.

Mickey Knox

« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2020, 11:01:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Hard work and talent does not always equal success in the skateboard industry. Sadly, your image is a little more important than your skating.
[close]
I didn’t say I liked the fact that it’s the case, only saying that it’s true and very relevant to Cyril and dee’s situation. And as far as measuring up to the rest of the team, I thought kader’s part for being the new young face of baker, was disappointing.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2020, 11:03:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I didn’t say I liked the fact that it’s the case, only saying that it’s true and very relevant to Cyril and dee’s situation. And as far as measuring up to the rest of the team, I thought kader’s part for being the new young face of baker, was disappointing.
It was. Did any of you watch Stay Gold and remember Herman’s nollie tre down the set wearing a beanie when the Sabbath song kicks in. That was Baker.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2020, 11:11:59 AM »
Man, it’s amazing that people found a way to blame Kader for this. Slap outdid itself.

411bandit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2020, 11:12:50 AM »

On what post? I can't see anything.

Mickey Knox

« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2020, 11:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
?
Dude half of the baker team isn’t putting out shit.
Dee’s bake and destroy part was six minutes long! How many parts in baker 4 were six minutes long? Simply saying that they were kicked off for image and style reasons rather than their actual skating. Dee was skating at a really high level for a long time when he got on and people that say he didn’t deserve to be there are mistaken.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2296
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2020, 11:15:02 AM »

DD chimes in in the comments

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Mog

« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2020, 11:16:33 AM »
Unfortunately kids are very easy to influence. Lucky you have always been so mature.

I follow the Ronson Lambert philosophy

Mog

« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2020, 11:18:40 AM »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

2020 is the year boss ain't da boss no more
[close]

boss wasn't boss no more when he left Emerica for Vans flow

oh my fucking GOD we have been over this 10000 times. he's not flow you moron
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:24:06 AM by shannamal »

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2020, 11:21:33 AM »

DD chimes in in the comments
He said it’s none of our business.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2020, 11:25:17 AM »
it's wild how many people are randomly coming to cyrils defense on instagram.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2020, 11:29:52 AM »
Cyril and Dee should call up Jay Strickland and bring back Bootleg. Settle this with a good ol' fashioned brand war.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Mickey Knox

« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »
Nobody is to blame, this was a business move. However, do you think Kader wanted to be on the same team as this guy? Him and Reynolds are close, pretty sure that this would come up in conversation. You can stay thinking in that little box but I know people and people talk. They talk a lot. Reynolds isn’t going to just boot someone off if the rest of the team was going to be bummed about it.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2020, 11:36:11 AM »
Reynolds, at the time, was raising a kid, skateboarding more than alot of 20 year olds, dealing with a 15+ member team, putting together a very anticipated video, and running a company at the same time. Cyril is smoking blunts on iDabble with Dee and making beats. One person in that situation is to blame for the lack of communication between them.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:38:07 AM by camel filters »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2020, 11:38:26 AM »
Reynolds is raising a kid, skateboarding more than alot of 20 year olds, dealing with a 15+ member team, and running successful company at the same time. Cyril is smoking blunts on iDabble with Dee and making beats. One person in that situation is to blame for the lack of communication between them.
Yet Reynolds owns a company called Baker and continues to profit off the image of guys like Cyril. Kader was even asked in an interview about smoking weed. I thought that was weird. Why ask a 17 year old kid about his weed usage and skating and smoking?