Author Topic: R.I.P Supra  (Read 544719 times)

Szechuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
Re: R.I.P Supra
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2020, 10:07:15 AM »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #361 on: October 17, 2020, 10:55:14 AM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -274
« Reply #362 on: October 17, 2020, 02:32:52 PM »
When I was younger I really wanted the slip ons with the chain on them, anyone remember what they were called?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #363 on: October 17, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »
When I was younger I really wanted the slip ons with the chain on them, anyone remember what they were called?
The Cuba

Ghost Face

• Rep: 118
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2020, 12:38:49 AM »
Supras were super comfy. Had a pair of patent leather burgundy high top Vaders and several pairs of skytops. I didn't skate a whole lot in them but messed around in the Skytops and they were straight. Even played ball in the skytop 3s when I ran out of hoop shoes and since they were basically Jordan rip offs they were solid. Always got compliments on them when the brand was popping and I even had a couple pairs of TKs. I worked at a CCS when they had the stores around and copped whatever Ellington pro model was out at the time again a Jordan ripoff but still comfortable and looked good lol. I still respect the mark the company left to this day and especially that fucking beast of a team. Old supra tour vids still get me hyped.

Vaders are/were awesome. They messed up when they made Vader 2.0's.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2020, 06:20:54 AM »
Muska is showing off a high viz supra on his story. Don't know enough to tell if its a new or old shoe.

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2020, 08:49:16 AM »
Muska is showing off a high viz supra on his story. Don't know enough to tell if its a new or old shoe.

They are Muska 2000s his most recent shoe on Supra. I might be wrong but I think the sole made them almost unskateable
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Merman

• Rep: -35
« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »
A little bird flew upon my windowsill and ever so gently mentioned to me that, sadly, Supra is to be no longer.

200 + employees informed of their immediate termination during lunch compliments of KSwiss. Highly vexing and very unfortunate.

And now to drink from this tall glass of I told you so.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 118
« Reply #368 on: October 27, 2020, 01:31:25 AM »
You were right on the money, although it wasn't exactly immediate and so far, it's still not officially been announced?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2021, 01:42:50 PM »

Muska goes in on supra management in the description

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #370 on: April 13, 2021, 03:41:23 PM »
I mean i could have seen that coming, but muska is oddly wholesome. Although cheesey at times, i enjoy his posts
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #371 on: April 13, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »
Bring back ipath

companguero

• Rep: 250
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #372 on: April 13, 2021, 04:14:54 PM »
"I would like to thank @suprafootwear and the massive amount of people from all around this world who helped bring this vision to life.
-
My relationship ended with the company almost a year ago but I just didn’t have the energy to type this message.
-
To be honest it was the scariest moment I’ve had in my life in a long time. At that moment this was my final source of steady income.
-
I had no idea what I was going to do then the pandemic hit and I was left in my home with my anxieties.
-
I snapped and started to build a concrete retaining wall, I think it was because I knew I had to sell my home I could no longer afford, so I started renovating it myself.
-
As I built the wall I was able to focus on my project and put all my physical energy into the build, not realizing as I built the wall, I was also rebuilding my thought process and constructing a new path for my life.
-
I finished the wall all by myself and realized that I can apply myself to anything that I wanted to and that I would not give up.
-
Although I am grateful for Supra, I also learned a very valuable lesson while working for them all these years, that lesson is, I will never dedicate my life and creative contributions to a corporation that never cared about me, they only cared about making as much money off my Passion, Skateboarding and Designs as they could.
-
No one there was my true friend, even when they all acted like it, I learned business is business though, and that’s just how it is.
-
I was constantly devalued and told my contributions were not the reason the products sold and that I was paid too much each time a contract would end, the longer I dedicated myself, the less I got.
-
I am grateful for the opportunity I had to see these visions come to life, but I was completely ripped off in my opinion and my generosity and kindness were taken advantage of.
-
Although this may sound bitter, it is just me speaking my truth. I’ll never look back and will only look forward to the future.
-
The industry tried to completely remove me and convince me I was done, so I had to create my own industry and literally overnight my fans saved my life.
-
I can’t thank you all enough!"

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #373 on: April 13, 2021, 05:00:40 PM »
I watched a random Jim Greco vid on YT where he was hyping Hammers and I sorta felt like maybe I didn't appreciate Supra enough when they were around.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #374 on: April 13, 2021, 05:29:35 PM »
I watched a random Jim Greco vid on YT where he was hyping Hammers and I sorta felt like maybe I didn't appreciate Supra enough when they were around.

I think I had the hammers if they was a cupsole like 7 years ago. I liked them

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: April 13, 2021, 05:52:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah according to the piece they were cups with a slimmed down upper. They looked pretty nice even to my 2021 eyes.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #376 on: April 13, 2021, 08:20:48 PM »
Buy up all the Skytop and supras at Ross and Burlington now. They'll be worth some money in 10 years

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2021, 05:44:49 AM »

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2021, 06:16:42 AM »
I read that too and... started thinking.. what is Muska's livelihood? Hope the industry fully backs this dude.
Sidenote: when I lived in New Zealand, the whole club scene wore his shoes. Never even seen them in the wild in the US, but in my 5 years in NZ, saw them on the reg.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #379 on: April 14, 2021, 06:36:42 AM »
I read that too and... started thinking.. what is Muska's livelihood? Hope the industry fully backs this dude.
Sidenote: when I lived in New Zealand, the whole club scene wore his shoes. Never even seen them in the wild in the US, but in my 5 years in NZ, saw them on the reg.
According to the internet, he’s worth 16 million.
Probably exaggerated but i’m sure he made some serious cash during his glory days. Back then, they had some killer royalties for those dudes.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #380 on: April 14, 2021, 06:44:20 AM »
I saw this yesterday.  "..I will never dedicate my life and creative contributions to a corporation that never cared about me, they only cared about making as much money off my Passion, Skateboarding and Designs as they could."  Isn't that every sponsor pretty much? I love Muska, clearly he's going through some stuff. I know he's been injured and hasn't been producing as much skate content but others have been called out for less for milking it. In my eyes he's really had nothing to do with skateboarding for awhile until those Prime decks. Maybe I'm wrong. And I get it he's a legend. But was he thinking "I'm a skate legend, I'm good." ? Clearly they cared about him and kept him on the longest until the end. What happened with Straye and that other brand he was working with?  Hell he could revive Circa (for the billionth time) with new shoes and reissues.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2021, 07:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah according to the piece they were cups with a slimmed down upper. They looked pretty nice even to my 2021 eyes.

Supra wasn’t on the ball 100% of the time but they were definitely reviled so much that their good shoes were unjustly ignored. Ellington had good shoes, some of Greco’s were good. I liked Spencer’s shoe. The Skytop 3 and even 5 looked interesting.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2021, 07:30:03 AM »
I never had any Supras. I wanted to try Penny ones ...but mostly because Penny is the man.
I had reverted back to Vans by the time Supra came to town (after the DC, Vita, Es, Emerica years for myself)

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2021, 07:31:54 AM »
I mean i could have seen that coming, but muska is oddly wholesome. Although cheesey at times, i enjoy his posts
I love how stoked he seems when commenting on other skaters posts.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -16
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2021, 07:43:35 AM »
I saw this yesterday.  "..I will never dedicate my life and creative contributions to a corporation that never cared about me, they only cared about making as much money off my Passion, Skateboarding and Designs as they could."  Isn't that every sponsor pretty much? I love Muska, clearly he's going through some stuff. I know he's been injured and hasn't been producing as much skate content but others have been called out for less for milking it. In my eyes he's really had nothing to do with skateboarding for awhile until those Prime decks. Maybe I'm wrong. And I get it he's a legend. But was he thinking "I'm a skate legend, I'm good." ? Clearly they cared about him and kept him on the longest until the end. What happened with Straye and that other brand he was working with?  Hell he could revive Circa (for the billionth time) with new shoes and reissues.
Yes corporation don’t give a fuck about you it’s the money they can make off marketing you. Muska made Supra what it was he didn’t need to step on a skateboard. The sky top is one of the best selling skate shoes of all time. So they weren’t doing him any favors by keeping him on he was keeping them in business. Which is why I think the whole core shoe company thing is so fucking stupid. Milking it is bringing no value to the company where as Muskas shoe sales alone paid the whole companies salaries.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2021, 09:31:46 AM »
Muska for sure has shows in legit art galleries. I dunno how well he's able to live of that and his cost of living appeared to be relatively high but he shows out (back when that was a thing.) Supra was probably the old reliable paycheck.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2021, 10:06:31 AM »
So... Chad clearly had 2nd thoughts about torching the industry bridge that Supra may have represented; the text of the post has been edited to exclude the excoriation of his erstwhile employer.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2021, 10:18:30 AM »
The only Supras I had were the Lucien Clarke/PWBC collab from a few years ago. I liked the silhouette. But after one quick session I knew they'd be crap for skating. Toe box was very cheap and felt like a sock. I just use them for kickaround shoes but it kind of turned me off from Supra. This was way after their heyday anyway.

ballintoohard

« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2021, 11:04:19 AM »
I can't find the video but there was a day in the life type thing with him at some point in the last few years where they go to his house and stuff. I think he drove a Prius in it and his house, while nice, wasn't filled with insanely extravagant shit. He probably gets a ton of stuff for free so aside from mortgage, taxes, maybe a car payment he probably doesn't have to throw down for all that much if he isn't partying.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2021, 11:12:37 AM »
I can't find the video but there was a day in the life type thing with him at some point in the last few years where they go to his house and stuff. I think he drove a Prius in it and his house, while nice, wasn't filled with insanely extravagant shit. He probably gets a ton of stuff for free so aside from mortgage, taxes, maybe a car payment he probably doesn't have to throw down for all that much if he isn't partying.
I know the video you're talking about. The house doesn't look too crazy but it's in the Hollywood Hills and the property taxes alone could fuck a middle class income up.