Author Topic: Supreme - "Candyland"  (Read 57198 times)

Mad Max

Re: Supreme - "Candyland"
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2019, 01:55:00 PM »
Just imagine landing a gnarly trick filmed by Bill, asking to check the footage and see this:

This!

snowman600

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »
this lack of moderation is why you need Johnny Wilson doing his take on 'fat bill' instead of using the man himself.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 02:25:04 PM by snowman600 »

Harrison's Fjord

• Rep: 7
« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2019, 02:14:59 PM »
The complaint that you can't see the full skater in every freeze frame is wack. Footage is one thing, photos are another, and I think for the most part the filming was very not boring

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2019, 02:17:21 PM »
was jeff carlyle the dude that did the Fakie Hardflip after TJ's Sw Inward Heel?

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #364 on: October 26, 2019, 02:35:35 PM »
was jeff carlyle the dude that did the Fakie Hardflip after TJ's Sw Inward Heel?

jeff is the one with the big beard

booty

• Rep: 21
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2019, 04:39:07 PM »

Brief aside to say how fucking sick this board graphic is at 23:35

was wondering what board that was. Bledsoe! What was the board Pspliff was on in the opening clip? Shit looked ill too.

rollonfifty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2019, 05:21:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

was wondering what board that was. Bledsoe! What was the board Pspliff was on in the opening clip? Shit looked ill too.
It was a quasi as well, Gilbert crockett's first pro model. I got so hyped when I saw that, I had that board once.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2019, 05:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
It was a quasi as well, Gilbert crockett's first pro model. I got so hyped when I saw that, I had that board once.

Barf The Mog

« Reply #368 on: October 26, 2019, 06:14:23 PM »
Been rewatching and I love this video.

Caleb with that line at EMB and his gold tooth

and that girl in red is WOW!

Larry Clark vibes are strong with this one.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #369 on: October 26, 2019, 06:50:40 PM »
Everyone involved in this video probably got so much cash from Supreme (because Supreme needs to maintain their core status) that I'd like to just believe that everyone has an agreement to give photographers the good angles so they are able to survive and continue to work (because, I imagine print work is very difficult these days but that photo of the boardslide is incredible and I'm glad it's in print) and Billy Boy only films the vibe of things and if he catches a trick, that's cool, whatever.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #370 on: October 26, 2019, 07:03:10 PM »
So much hyperbole gets thrown around the boards these days, but after reading the last page, it needs to be said: if you really couldn't tell that rail Kader boardslid with a single push was huge in footage, then you are stupid. Straight up.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #371 on: October 26, 2019, 07:11:40 PM »
So much hyperbole gets thrown around the boards these days, but after reading the last page, it needs to be said: if you really couldn't tell that rail Kader boardslid with a single push was huge in footage, then you are stupid. Straight up.

Shit posts as usual.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2019, 07:42:25 PM »

My original argument was that I think Bill missed an opportunity to show a bigger picture with all the spectators watching along that long upper railing. His apparent unwillingness to deviate from his super tight style was a lost opportunity for a really cool clip. I personally don't think his angle made the rail seem small or anything. It was just more about the overall scene that was happening, which I think that Spitfire ad shows through that rad photo.

Irvine-Sucks.com

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2019, 07:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shit posts as usual.

His username checks out

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2019, 08:18:30 PM »
Liked the abundance of dark green fits.

Those two little kids were cool.

Ben K looking kind of like an Ed Hardy model.

Dill still creating humourous voiceovers.

Great music except for Ministry already being used in Mike McDermott's Supper's Ready part.

Had to fast-forward the girl/trans shots.

Last trick in the video seemed like it had already been done earlier by a different duder.

Favourite tricks were Tyshawn's switch ollie, Aiden's ollie over to switch nosewheelie drop-drop, Manchild's 180 fakie 5-0, and Sean Greene's ollie of course.

I really liked it, and will watch it again.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #375 on: October 26, 2019, 08:43:14 PM »
Liked the abundance of dark green fits.

Those two little kids were cool.

Ben K looking kind of like an Ed Hardy model.

Dill still creating humourous voiceovers.

Great music except for Ministry already being used in Mike McDermott's Supper's Ready part.

Had to fast-forward the girl/trans shots.

Last trick in the video seemed like it had already been done earlier by a different duder.

Favourite tricks were Tyshawn's switch ollie, Aiden's ollie over to switch nosewheelie drop-drop, Manchild's 180 fakie 5-0, and Sean Greene's ollie of course.

I really liked it, and will watch it again.
Boogie with that screen time!!

oldbummer

• Rep: -25
« Reply #376 on: October 26, 2019, 10:02:20 PM »
best editing was cutting off what looked like a Gary Rogers over-celebration.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #377 on: October 26, 2019, 10:58:20 PM »
What a waste.  I'd probably regularly rewatch that if it weren't for the janky ass filming.  Fucking butchered that footage.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:04:36 AM by igrindtwinkies »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #378 on: October 27, 2019, 12:22:59 AM »
some bangers in this video

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #379 on: October 27, 2019, 12:45:02 AM »
some bangers in this video

Amazing observation 👏

showbobs

• Rep: -1
« Reply #380 on: October 27, 2019, 02:00:04 AM »
Tyshawn's switch inward heel was worth the whole thing

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -278
« Reply #381 on: October 27, 2019, 02:11:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shit posts as usual.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #382 on: October 27, 2019, 06:12:53 AM »
His style of filming is simply bad, but he's delusional and thinks it's groundbreaking/artistic. When he hears this, it only throws more fat on the Fat Bill fire, though.

Whatever, free video and I ain't ever buying their dumb shit. The GX dudes made it better. Bill is a creep.

Well you can't deny his distinctive style of filming has been a big part of what's made the supreme clips so popular. Just looking at how many people try to copy it shows how influencal it has been. But he's definitely gone overboard with it, feels like a parody of what it used to be. When the whole vid is filmed like this, to the point of editing in face zooms from different attempts because the make probably didn't have a good enough one, it loses it's effect

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #383 on: October 27, 2019, 06:26:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My original argument was that I think Bill missed an opportunity to show a bigger picture with all the spectators watching along that long upper railing. His apparent unwillingness to deviate from his super tight style was a lost opportunity for a really cool clip. I personally don't think his angle made the rail seem small or anything. It was just more about the overall scene that was happening, which I think that Spitfire ad shows through that rad photo.
I don’t disagree, at all. I was just reading posts where people claimed they had no idea how big the rail was until they saw the photo, which just seems ridiculous.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #384 on: October 27, 2019, 06:48:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I don’t disagree, at all. I was just reading posts where people claimed they had no idea how big the rail was until they saw the photo, which just seems ridiculous.
exactly. you’re telling me none of you all could tell how big the rail was from this angle?

c’mon  :o
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #385 on: October 27, 2019, 07:04:58 AM »
What the fuck was dickhead trying to accomplish at the end of the hill after Sean Greene bombed it?  Kinda makes me mad, tbh.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #386 on: October 27, 2019, 07:27:18 AM »
I think Bill's approach definitely has some value. He's always done the face thing which I think can be at least a mildly interesting way to frame a shot, but when you do it every other clip it kinda ruins that quality. It's been awhile since I've watched his past projects but I recall that being peppered around just enough to avoid being too distracting. There were moments in this video where it almost felt like it was someone trying to parody Bill's way of filming, and I'm speaking as a fan.

I also don't agree with how often he cuts out a skater's upper body. It ruins a lot of nuance to that skater's style, not to mention how often the spot itself is treated as an afterthought in terms of framing. Like I said, I'm a fan of Bill and don't think he should make the same looking videos as everyone else, but there were moments in that video that were pretty hard to enjoy.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #387 on: October 27, 2019, 09:22:06 AM »

Even with that I had to use Youtubes slow-mo to count the stairs. Butchered that shot, as with 99% of the others, Fat sucks

Willy Santos cut my hair

• Rep: 391
« Reply #388 on: October 27, 2019, 09:30:41 AM »

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #389 on: October 27, 2019, 09:33:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even with that I had to use Youtubes slow-mo to count the stairs. Butchered that shot, as with 99% of the others, Fat sucks
"Drop the Bill. Just 'Fat', it's cleaner"