Author Topic: Primitive ENCORE Video  (Read 21902 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
Re: Primitive ENCORE Video
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2019, 06:00:27 PM »

It is surreal though that Silvas switch b/s heelflipped Wallenberg. The concept of "the bigger the spot, the more simple the trick" is being thrown out the window.
yeah really so clean too and just looks at the camera like oh shit

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2019, 06:09:12 PM »
Miles does the best skating in the ugliest possible footwear

whatsreallygood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2019, 06:23:44 PM »
Loved the video, skating was top tier, but I wouldn't put it on a yeah right level since it didn't have much in the way of personality, like hijinx with the team or other fun shit. On the other hand the editing was clean and unobtrusive, I loved the effects used for introducing skaters but I'm a sucker for glitch art sorta stuff, kinda wish they'd leaned more into that between parts.

Generally enjoyed the vibe the music gave for each skater. I liked how they opened with the 80's synths to compliment the glitched title cards, but going to meek mill after was jarring. I would have had Giovanni after Franky to showcase the dudes who aren't as tech focused, follow that up with Wade and the boys with the Big Boi track that has some really nice soul samples on the beat, then hit em with Carlos and meek. After that leave it as is. I figure that way the song progression and shift in skating would make more sense.

Edit, alternatively put Carlos after Tre

Good stuff. Overall, a really good video, which makes me wonder why that Meek Mill song blew up my speakers. I’m not an audio nerd, so it has to be pretty blatantly bad mixing for me to notice. I’d be fine with blaming it on thrasher’s platform but I don’t think it’s that.

Weird, when I listened to it on YT I didn't have any issues.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:35:13 PM by whatsreallygood »

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
please tell me about Pedro Biagio
[close]

Just went to a premiere at PLA, he didn’t have a full part but had some good clips in the montage. Did a sick manual combo at that ledge spot in Brazil
[close]

that premiere was depressing. most of the kids werent watching and then left halfway through...

They probably didn't know Primitive was a skateboarding company and were bummed when they found out.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2019, 06:30:25 PM »
Oh shit when Shine Blockas came one I started to swell up a bit. Wish there was more Dev footage but the video was great.

hmmmokay

« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »
I really liked this as a whole. Everyone killed it regardless of how much or little footage they had but Giovanni Vianna holy shit, what a maniac.

themeangreen

• Rep: -76
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2019, 06:42:50 PM »
Expand Quote
I don’t get it. How does adidas look at the footage Miles Silvas has been regularly producing for about 5 years now and still give Tyshawn Jones a shoe first?

“Miles, baby, we love what you’re doing, but Tyshawn just has it. We may not know what “it” is, but we think him and his two video parts - which are essentially a few minutes of footage slow-mo’d and stretched to two parts - are the future of skateboarding.”

It’s a fucking shame.
[close]

I mean Miles had that horrible colored colab with PLA. With TJ its the NYC/ Supreme/ having creepy Bill help him with his original deal. Most people who've gotten on these big company's say that you need a plan in the pipeline when you sign with big brands. Tyshawn had his goal and he achieved it. I can't see him going further with skating at this point especially with the GQ shit. Hit hit his ceiling.I hope his uncomfortable, ugly shoe has many colorways and we can watch him fade away into obscurity.

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2019, 06:45:47 PM »
Great video, Carlos should've skated to something better, I liked Franky's part way better than his other stuff, I find miles Silva's boring which sucks cause he's really good.. but that chain pants and shoes are just so gross man. Tiago is beast. Wanted a JB and Wade part  :'(
Welcome to slap message board

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2019, 07:07:21 PM »
Giovanni rules, Carlos lipslide! That Zentgraff guy had way too many clips. Where the fuck was P-Rod?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »
Does no one realize the P Rod has been skating for like 25 years and only just got his first major injury and people are wondering where the fuck his part is?

Anyway, I don’t get how the fuck people don’t like Trent. Not only is he the best of his brothers but his part was fucking good and literally the only part I went back watched as soon as it was over, before I even finished the video.

Also, don’t get me wrong Tiago’s part was insane, but I feel like his part should’ve been first and Franky should have last (although miles could have had last part too.)

PS since when does primitive make football shaped boards ?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »
with the fakest style.

BrockSamson

• Rep: 3
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2019, 08:14:50 PM »
Miles SOTY
i would have zero problem with this. He might have entered that Shane Oneil territory where we are just completely taking his gnarliness for granted at this point.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2019, 08:27:28 PM »
Franky
Miles
Spenny
For me. And tre as my favorite am.
Filming was perfect for this no filler type of film with an extra angle on everything you wanted to see again.

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2019, 08:31:51 PM »
Also peacock guy literally eliminated his stance haha. Crazy everything looks regular.
Welcome to slap message board

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »
Supersick and I was very impressed by that Giovanni kid.

My girl was funny when Miles part was on ‘is that one of David Schwimmer’s kids?’

All joking aside, the guy is incredible

theintern43

• Rep: -19
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2019, 09:09:00 PM »
i just want to see baker4

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2019, 09:10:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
with the fakest style.

i hate to be the one to break this to you but whatever style you have while switch backlipping hollywood 16 or flying switch and backside down wallenburg is your actual style. 
where is home?

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2019, 10:00:46 PM »
I didn’t hate this, and... yeah I think I may have even fuckin liked it. Crazy. Primitive you’ve always looked like a half baked reimagining of an already half baked reimagining of Plan B (2.0), but this video, I don’t know... good to see full lengths happening. On a glitch scale: Pizza glitch < Primitive glitch < 7 year glitch. Franky, Giovanni and Spencer Hamilton stood out from the git go.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2019, 11:27:59 PM »
incredibly incredible. that was fucked.

baggy spandex

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2019, 01:24:23 AM »
I laughed out loud when Dazz came on. I thought it was ridiculous at first but actually it was kinda perfect.

Also, I'm totally gaga for Giovanni and his vans.

Really liked the video and will def be rewatching. So much fucking better than Never.

PS since when does primitive make football shaped boards ?

Since Franky went pro! So, for about a year now. The Fos "Franky Four Fingers" graphic came in the football shape and I hella regret never buying it.

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2019, 02:17:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel like videos don't even need to be made anymore... They could just say, "We're thinking of making a new video named Encore. Just picture everything you thought was going to be in it, and that's pretty much what we would have filmed. Now go buy our stuff."

I'm not saying the skating isn't incredible, it's just that every video looks and feels exactly the same to me. These new videos aren't made for my generation though, so if this is everything the current generation craves, then I genuinely hope they enjoyed it.
[close]

Its simple, dont watch any video no more.
[close]

I mostly just skim through videos these days and can get a pretty solid idea of what its all about from that.
What a stupid thing to say.

CurbyPuckit

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2019, 02:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
with the fakest style.
[close]

i hate to be the one to break this to you but whatever style you have while switch backlipping hollywood 16 or flying switch and backside down wallenburg is your actual style.

Thank you for speaking like a human being with a brain.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2019, 03:35:12 AM »
it's too bad Miles has an history clip down Wallenberg with the worst outfit

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2019, 03:42:30 AM »
tiago lowkey has first and last part with it on thrasher last week and now in the full length.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2019, 04:06:26 AM »
That's one unlikely looking Giovanni and he good.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2019, 05:14:36 AM »
Was most pumped to see Tiago's part but Giovanni came away with the most entertaining one imo. I wonder if the halfcab/cab into everything will get old, haha. Tiago and Miles killed it obviously... would've liked to see more Hamilton and Wade D.

CurbyPuckit

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2019, 05:21:24 AM »
Was most pumped to see Tiago's part but Giovanni came away with the most entertaining one imo. I wonder if the halfcab/cab into everything will get old, haha. Tiago and Miles killed it obviously... would've liked to see more Hamilton and Wade D.

I always look forward to wade D footage but then get let down when I actually see new wade d footage

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2019, 05:26:02 AM »
i enjoyed the entire video, miles silvas and tiago are on a different level.
slightly disappointed by the lack of jb gillet and wade footage, but also I am happy for any footage.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2019, 05:36:27 AM »
really enjoyed it, liked the music and editing. skating was crazy good. only complaint for me is that i might not have the stamina for a 45 min video. found myself getting bored and zoning out in the middle. a 30 minute video with just the heaviest parts (franky, giovanni, miles, thiago, etc...) would have worked better for me but can't have a traditional style video without some skip parts.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2019, 05:39:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I always look forward to wade D footage but then get let down when I actually see new wade d footage

Yeah idk if he's been injured or just not skating much or what.