Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4812502 times)

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #26640 on: January 04, 2021, 06:36:48 PM »

Off my IPhone...

Just like @Sundaynuggets say, got to hold the image with your thumb until the option to ‘copy image’ pops up.

I only use my phone for SLAP and sometimes have issues but then I try again and it typically works.

gotta let us know how you like that AD shoe

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26641 on: January 04, 2021, 11:12:47 PM »
Expand Quote

Quasi 8.75
Venture 6.1
Thunder risers 1/8”
Spitfire Classic 60mm
Bones Reds
Jessup
Vans Era Pro, gonna swap insoles to FP Kingfoams

Missed being on bigger board. Mostly skating flatground during winter since everything is closed because of covid. Always prefered bigger wheels but time will tell if 60mm is too much. Really stoked though how they look, also like my setup as heavy as possible.

Eras were cheap, also been on slipon/thin vulc shoe kick lately. Only bad thing about slipons is that after few sessions they start to feel too unsafe so figured that these were the next best thing.

Can't wait to try it out after my quarantine is over.
[close]
So nice...I have wanted to setup something similar for a while now.. How is it for flip tricks?
I would say that tricks that require more power than percision feel nice, but other more tech stuff gets harder. Sure i would partly blame steeper kicks and longer (14,5) wheelbase. You have to lean so far back when popping. I could do every trick i have but some tricks felt way off. For curbs though, this feels best setup ever. When this board is done gonna try much mellower board.

Suprisingly, wheelbite wasn't bad at all. I mean they do wheelbite kinda often but i could ride out of them pretty easily.

Also should keep in mind that my timing is still pretty off, time will tell if this setup becomes more manageable.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 827
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #26642 on: January 05, 2021, 02:30:11 AM »
Expand Quote

Off my IPhone...

Just like @Sundaynuggets say, got to hold the image with your thumb until the option to ‘copy image’ pops up.

I only use my phone for SLAP and sometimes have issues but then I try again and it typically works.
[close]

This is my second pair , I love the all suede Fastbreaks, but I feel like the early runs were better like maybe the toe box is a little longer in these. Flip tricks feel so good in them.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #26643 on: January 05, 2021, 03:34:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Off my IPhone...

[close]

[close]
This is my second pair , I love the all suede Fastbreaks, but I feel like the early runs were better like maybe the toe box is a little longer in these. Flip tricks feel so good in them.

I love my all suede Fastbreaks. I super glued the seams and they've been running strong for over 2 months. Good board feel, durable. Hopefully they do more all suede's or even leather.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #26644 on: January 05, 2021, 06:42:43 AM »
Just caught up on this thread:

@FrozenIndustries and @white guy in a durag
Love that you are both rocking 56 conical loopholes, they are some sexy arse wheels and they skate amazing, always have a massive grin on my dial when I’m riding mine, I’ve officially converted and not going back to any other brand anytime soon!

It’s a mystery why anti hero don’t keep the brown bomber in their regular lineup, that thing looks so perfect!
I’ve got a pass-port in the mail but for the meantime I’m still loving my polar shin surf shape, it’s now been rotated to my main board <3

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #26645 on: January 05, 2021, 11:31:09 AM »

Love that you are both rocking 56 conical loopholes, they are some sexy arse wheels and they skate amazing, always have a massive grin on my dial when I’m riding mine, I’ve officially converted and not going back to any other brand anytime soon!

It’s a mystery why anti hero don’t keep the brown bomber in their regular lineup, that thing looks so perfect!
I’ve got a pass-port in the mail but for the meantime I’m still loving my polar shin surf shape, it’s now been rotated to my main board <3

I love almost everything about them, but the slide just doesn't compare to Spitfire. That being said, it might just be the way I skate or whatever.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
« Reply #26646 on: January 05, 2021, 11:36:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I love almost everything about them, but the slide just doesn't compare to Spitfire. That being said, it might just be the way I skate or whatever.

I agree completely. One set of Square shape I have slid more freely than F4’s for the first day and then once the outer layer wore off, they were grippier than F4’s. The other sets I have (another set of squares and a V-shape) were grippier than F4’s right out of the gate. I like how they feel rolling a little better than F4’s though. If they slid like F4’s I would only ride Loophole/NFG for sure

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #26647 on: January 05, 2021, 11:43:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree completely. One set of Square shape I have slid more freely than F4’s for the first day and then once the outer layer wore off, they were grippier than F4’s. The other sets I have (another set of squares and a V-shape) were grippier than F4’s right out of the gate. I like how they feel rolling a little better than F4’s though. If they slid like F4’s I would only ride Loophole/NFG for sure

Yeah, both of my sets slid super well for like an hour and then got grippier. IDK if it is the shitty ground at a lot of the spots here or what. I'll keep dealing with it because I like them otherwise, but damn it would be so cool if they were a little easier to slide.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26648 on: January 05, 2021, 11:46:49 AM »
Primitive Silvas Surfer 8.38 (6.9 nose, 6.7 tail, 14.2 wb)
149 Tindys
Spitfire x FA 53mm 99a Conical Full
Swiss
Diamond 7/8" Allen
Grizzly

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17875405150903163/

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #26649 on: January 05, 2021, 01:02:25 PM »
Primitive Silvas Surfer 8.38 (6.9 nose, 6.7 tail, 14.2 wb)
149 Tindys
Spitfire x FA 53mm 99a Conical Full
Swiss
Diamond 7/8" Allen
Grizzly

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17875405150903163/
But I dare not unleash my Power Cosmic against them
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #26650 on: January 05, 2021, 01:04:22 PM »
first time ever having more than one setup, but my local shop was having a sale on boards so I thought I'd try something wider

Hockey Nik Stain 8.5
Ace 44s with two washers
Old f4 conical fulls
Bronze bolts
Jessup

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #26651 on: January 05, 2021, 01:52:03 PM »

9.38 Socal/Prime blank
Indys
56mm 80hd spits
Welcome Candy Bar rails

probably gonna put on some old 53mm OJs and use it as a curb board
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #26652 on: January 05, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »
first time ever having more than one setup, but my local shop was having a sale on boards so I thought I'd try something wider

Hockey Nik Stain 8.5
Ace 44s with two washers
Old f4 conical fulls
Bronze bolts
Jessup

damn brooo rotate your wheels

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #26653 on: January 05, 2021, 04:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Hockey Nik Stain 8.5
Ace 44s with two washers
Old f4 conical fulls
Bronze bolts
Jessup
[close]

damn brooo rotate your wheels
Coned to hell and back

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #26654 on: January 05, 2021, 06:36:42 PM »
So, the tensor ATG's I was riding were great. 10/10 would definitely buy again. I did some of my best skating last year and I think it's partially do to those trucks. The Losers boards I was riding most of last year (which were made by Sk8factory) were also a perfect shape. While my last board still had a lot of life in it, I decided to fuck up a perfectly good thing a switch up my setup for no real reason by getting new trucks and switching shapes.

8.25 deck BBS
Thunder 148s
Satori 53 101a
Bones swiss
DRKRM grip

The Orange Label Dunk mids I'm riding are counterfeit. It's fucking shame Nike doesn't keep these basic colors in rotation. This is my second time ordering fake dunks, and the last ones, dunk Hi, were mostly fine. The toe/sole flick area just wore out fast. The rubber sole was softer than usual. These are way better. The soles are fine, and the upper is more durable than the last pair and again, the last pair weren't bad, just ok.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #26655 on: January 05, 2021, 07:11:19 PM »
So, the tensor ATG's I was riding were great. 10/10 would definitely buy again. I did some of my best skating last year and I think it's partially do to those trucks. The Losers boards I was riding most of last year (which were made by Sk8factory) were also a perfect shape. While my last board still had a lot of life in it, I decided to fuck up a perfectly good thing a switch up my setup for no real reason by getting new trucks and switching shapes.

8.25 deck BBS
Thunder 148s
Satori 53 101a
Bones swiss
DRKRM grip

The Orange Label Dunk mids I'm riding are counterfeit. It's fucking shame Nike doesn't keep these basic colors in rotation. This is my second time ordering fake dunks, and the last ones, dunk Hi, were mostly fine. The toe/sole flick area just wore out fast. The rubber sole was softer than usual. These are way better. The soles are fine, and the upper is more durable than the last pair and again, the last pair weren't bad, just ok.

where'd u get the counterfeits? I'm looking into getting a pair to skate myself

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26656 on: January 05, 2021, 07:26:28 PM »
Purchased from DHgate

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #26657 on: January 05, 2021, 07:44:02 PM »
@FrozenIndustries @white guy in a durag
shame that the loopholes aren't living up to your expectations...
I only skate two spots these days and they are both generally pretty slippery so they feel like butter to me but I skated a pair of sml wheels between my last set of F4s and buying the loopholes and I really had to push them to make them slide, so maybe that it making me biased?
If they are inconsistencies from wheel to wheel then they should fix that pronto, I have a set of regular 52mm ones that I'm going to setup on my new "tech" board so I'll try and compare...

@augustmoon you're now making me wish I ordered one of those socal blanks, looks super clean!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

NYRAD

« Reply #26658 on: January 06, 2021, 05:09:26 AM »
First non Resin 7 Deck
Girl Pop Secret G027 8.25"
Tensor Maglights ATG 5.5
Bones HardCore Bushings ( HARD )
OJ ELITE Hardlines 54mm
Bronson G3s
Tacoma 1" Allen Hardware
Mini Logo Rubber Shock/Riser pads 0.10"
Grizzly - Regret this and Going back to MOB
Addidas - ADI EASE

Also this is My First Post :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 10:01:56 PM by NYRAD »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26659 on: January 06, 2021, 06:49:27 AM »
Welcome!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26660 on: January 06, 2021, 07:10:22 AM »
I paid $50 for these.

Panettone

« Reply #26661 on: January 06, 2021, 09:23:13 AM »
Expand Quote

8.25 deck BBS
Thunder 148s
Satori 53 101a
Bones swiss
DRKRM grip

[close]

Awesome setup! ATL represent! I must try satori wheels. And for people looking for Replica Dunks I recommend searching on Replica Sub Reddits for Dunks. A great one is r/fashionreps and r/repsneakers. The shoes might be a bit expensive (near $115) however they look VERY similar to the real dunks.

115 for a replica? How much are dunks usually?

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #26662 on: January 06, 2021, 09:40:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25 deck BBS
Thunder 148s
Satori 53 101a
Bones swiss
DRKRM grip

[close]

Awesome setup! ATL represent! I must try satori wheels. And for people looking for Replica Dunks I recommend searching on Replica Sub Reddits for Dunks. A great one is r/fashionreps and r/repsneakers. The shoes might be a bit expensive (near $115) however they look VERY similar to the real dunks.
[close]

Lows are $100, mids I think are $110-115 and highs are like $115-120. The counterfeit price has gone up because they realize nobody can buy for retail nowadays. Kinda weird. I’d never pay a retail price for counterfeit shoes

Panettone

« Reply #26663 on: January 06, 2021, 10:20:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25 deck BBS
Thunder 148s
Satori 53 101a
Bones swiss
DRKRM grip

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lows are $100, mids I think are $110-115 and highs are like $115-120. The counterfeit price has gone up because they realize nobody can buy for retail nowadays. Kinda weird. I’d never pay a retail price for counterfeit shoes

That's mad.

I haven't been paying attention to this stuff. So how much is a legit dunk ?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #26664 on: January 06, 2021, 10:52:14 AM »
Take the fake dunk shit elsewhere!

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #26665 on: January 06, 2021, 11:27:43 AM »

1st post (been lurking for some time) so hopefully it all works.

Quasi 8.25
Thunder 149 as i tend to switch between 8.38 and 8.25.
1/8 thunder risers
SML Montano 54mm
Cheapshot bearings i believe
Nike dunk mulder high or nike passport blazer.

Bought the dunks November maybe. £35 on depop. Dunk market has gone mad but in the UK you can normally find a genuine (worn) pair for relatively cheap. Found by trawling depop for nike dunk (without sb in the title) and searching for those listed incorrectly! Same deal with the griffeys i have although paid a little more for those.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #26666 on: January 06, 2021, 11:39:41 AM »
Bought the dunks November maybe. £35 on depop. Dunk market has gone mad but in the UK you can normally find a genuine (worn) pair for relatively cheap. Found by trawling depop for nike dunk (without sb in the title) and searching for those listed incorrectly! Same deal with the griffeys i have although paid a little more for those.

Supposedly, this year moving on, Nike is going to make the dunk SB (and SBs in general) no longer skate shop exclusive – think Tillys and Zumiez and such. Which means they're planning on flooding the market which will make dunks easier to get, especially at retail price rather than resell.

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #26667 on: January 06, 2021, 12:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Supposedly, this year moving on, Nike is going to make the dunk SB (and SBs in general) no longer skate shop exclusive – think Tillys and Zumiez and such. Which means they're planning on flooding the market which will make dunks easier to get, especially at retail price rather than resell.

I enjoy skating in dunks so that's a win for me. In the UK we don't have a zumiez but guessing we'll get something similar.
We have a few market places with some bargains though. Bought the passport and ftc blazers in the past year for a combined £40.
Did anyone mention how the suede fastbreaks fit and skate?

Panettone

« Reply #26668 on: January 06, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »
Take the fake dunk shit elsewhere!

Or what?

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #26669 on: January 06, 2021, 01:10:05 PM »
Definitely jumped the shark with this one

Heroin Mutant 10"