Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4811864 times)

Dmng and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • the moon rules
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #22320 on: November 26, 2019, 12:28:03 AM »
I'm not really sure how it compares to the Real shapes. The tail is kind of squared and the nose is kind of round sort of like the Tommy Guerrero jump ramp board krooked made forever ago, but wider. I'll take a top view picture in the morning
fuck you bama

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #22321 on: November 26, 2019, 04:12:13 AM »
I'll take a top view picture in the morning
💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 Cheers, I’m tossing up buying one. Also is it black dipped or just black ply?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #22322 on: November 26, 2019, 04:28:14 AM »
I think all the shaped eagles were first done as stained plys and the recent ones are full dip/ overspray.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #22323 on: November 26, 2019, 05:19:34 AM »
Kinda hate that rather have stained

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #22324 on: November 26, 2019, 06:32:01 AM »
I think all the shaped eagles were first done as stained plys and the recent ones are full dip/ overspray.

the one i got 2mths ago still stained plys..luv the sorta football shape..

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #22325 on: November 26, 2019, 06:48:37 AM »
I'm over skating tiny boards (7.75) and giving up the Bobby Puleo Traffic board I setup 3 weeks ago. The width and length really don't do me any favors; I always feel like I need way more board space to complete my drag and flick.

Widest board I've ridden prior was a 8.18 x 32.125 x 14.25 with a mellow concave (Habitat) and a Real 8.06 x 31.91 x 14.44. Best riding experience was with the Real so far with the best pop, but I would really want to try something wider?

Should I go straight up to an 8.25 or start with a 8.125 first? I also got a 8 x 32 x 14 Folklore board lying around too.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22326 on: November 26, 2019, 06:57:34 AM »
Hi straight to 8.5, you'll be amazed
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #22327 on: November 26, 2019, 08:42:41 AM »
8.25 Chocolate Atlanta Chunk The World from Ruin
Destructo 5.5 magnesium mid with bones hard bushing
Bones 52mm V3 slims
Bones Swiss
DRKRM grip

alright

« Reply #22328 on: November 26, 2019, 09:53:17 AM »
Expand Quote
No idea how all of you ride such big setups, ridden a 8.06 for a while and 8.125 for 1 session and that felt too wide and large for me. But I'm still tempted to try a 8.25 Ishod Full SE I found at the shop. Either that or a Low Pro II, 7.75 boards just aren't working for me anymore.
[close]

Curious what size is your shoe? And is it vulc or cupsole?

I wear a 12.5-13 and I'm about to set up a 7.75 board. I sometimes find my 8.25 too big. The 7.75 was free or else I would get an 8 inch deck.

I get that people say shoe size and deck size should correlate but I really do think it's different for everyone. I don't know if 7.75 will be too skinny but I'm just going to try to trash the board quick and then grab an 8 and see how that goes. Looking at the real 8.06 full shape SE actually. Kind of think that might be my ideal shape/size

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22329 on: November 26, 2019, 10:04:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No idea how all of you ride such big setups, ridden a 8.06 for a while and 8.125 for 1 session and that felt too wide and large for me. But I'm still tempted to try a 8.25 Ishod Full SE I found at the shop. Either that or a Low Pro II, 7.75 boards just aren't working for me anymore.
[close]

[close]

I wear a 12.5-13 and I'm about to set up a 7.75 board. I sometimes find my 8.25 too big. The 7.75 was free or else I would get an 8 inch deck.

I get that people say shoe size and deck size should correlate but I really do think it's different for everyone. I don't know if 7.75 will be too skinny but I'm just going to try to trash the board quick and then grab an 8 and see how that goes. Looking at the real 8.06 full shape SE actually. Kind of think that might be my ideal shape/size
~same size foot as you and looking go get bigger, like 9+, up from the 8.5” I’ve been cruising around on haha

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #22330 on: November 26, 2019, 12:59:49 PM »

Real ishod 8.3 twin tail
Theeve tiax 5.5 with 4 washers
F4 lock ins 55 99a
Mosaic ceramics

Skatansfinest666

• Rep: 0
  • Everything skateboarding 🛹 • Avid THC enthusiast
« Reply #22331 on: November 26, 2019, 04:42:51 PM »
Ok guys so this is the second time this has happened to me with bones bushings mediums.. does anyone else have them make a small click sound when the hanger turns one way or the other? I’m installing them and checking the tightness dialing all that in and everything feels so good under my feet but one of the bushings keeps making this clicking sound? Not sure if it’s not fitting in the truck right or what the deal is but it happened on my last set as well and only happens in my thunder 149 hi?? The OCD is making it impossible to deal with it any help would be insanely appreciated 🙏🏼🛹
D€€P_FR¿€D™️

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22332 on: November 26, 2019, 05:03:59 PM »
Ok guys so this is the second time this has happened to me with bones bushings mediums.. does anyone else have them make a small click sound when the hanger turns one way or the other? I’m installing them and checking the tightness dialing all that in and everything feels so good under my feet but one of the bushings keeps making this clicking sound? Not sure if it’s not fitting in the truck right or what the deal is but it happened on my last set as well and only happens in my thunder 149 hi?? The OCD is making it impossible to deal with it any help would be insanely appreciated 🙏🏼🛹
It happened to me. I put that black shit that comes with and problem solved. Or did I took it out? Don't remember. But one way or the other you'll be ok.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #22333 on: November 26, 2019, 05:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It happened to me. I put that black shit that comes with and problem solved. Or did I took it out? Don't remember. But one way or the other you'll be ok.
You mean the flat washer ? That wasn’t much help was it . Hey triple 6 , don’t fuck with your bushings . Just ride the factory bushings and you’ll be fine . Also if you want to aggravate yourself move this to the truck thread and you’ll ending having every truck out there with Frankenstein garbage and overpriced pivot cups .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:32:58 PM by hangontoyourego »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22334 on: November 26, 2019, 05:39:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'll see what the shop has in stock, maybe 8.125 ideally. I feel bad for giving up on my 7.75 setup too early but I'm not enjoying every session I'm on it. I got a pair of Thunder 147 Lights just for that setup, guess I'll transplant it to the new setup.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #22335 on: November 26, 2019, 06:08:24 PM »
Bones mess with the geometry of Thunders so that may be where the weird click is coming from. You can use them just fine but I guess the dims of the bushing aren't exact and throw of the way the truck works a bit. There's DLX and Thunder branded bushings in different hardness though so you could always get a 96 duro there.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #22336 on: November 26, 2019, 08:46:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Bones mess with the geometry of Thunders so that may be where the weird click is coming from. You can use them just fine but I guess the dims of the bushing aren't exact and throw of the way the truck works a bit. There's DLX and Thunder branded bushings in different hardness though so you could always get a 96 duro there.

I've had Bones bushings click on Indys too. I never had them blow out like ppl complain a lot but in the end I just figured they're not really bringing anything to the trucks that I need or want. Granted I got rid of all my Indys as well and mainly skate Aces now so take this with a grain of salt.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the DLX Supercush bushings the same size as Indy and Venture bushings and therefore don't keep the stock geometry on Thunders. Only Thunder replacement bushings are the correct dimension for Thunders?

I can't remember how hard Bones mediums are but replacing them with 96A bushings sound like you're going from medium to extra hard.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22337 on: November 26, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »

not my setup, but my son's 5th birthday present.

street plant 7.75
ace 44s
OJ super juice 60mm
bones reds

shit is FAST!!!

saltusnaut

« Reply #22338 on: November 26, 2019, 09:36:22 PM »

street plant 7.75
ace 44s
OJ super juice 60mm
bones reds

shit is FAST!!!

Reminds me of when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22339 on: November 26, 2019, 09:58:43 PM »
Expand Quote

street plant 7.75
ace 44s
OJ super juice 60mm
bones reds

shit is FAST!!!
[close]

lol, he's only let me try it once, he's glued to the thing!

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • the moon rules
« Reply #22340 on: November 26, 2019, 11:54:06 PM »

Here's the top view of that Anti Hero board I promised last night

I broke my board skating flat tonight, so I set up this Quasi that I've had sitting in the pile
fuck you bama

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #22341 on: November 27, 2019, 01:05:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

street plant 7.75
ace 44s
OJ super juice 60mm
bones reds

shit is FAST!!!
[close]

[close]

I love gifting skateboards to my friends’ kids, that’s way sicker than anything I’ve ever gifted though
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #22342 on: November 27, 2019, 04:09:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I've had Bones bushings click on Indys too. I never had them blow out like ppl complain a lot but in the end I just figured they're not really bringing anything to the trucks that I need or want. Granted I got rid of all my Indys as well and mainly skate Aces now so take this with a grain of salt.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the DLX Supercush bushings the same size as Indy and Venture bushings and therefore don't keep the stock geometry on Thunders. Only Thunder replacement bushings are the correct dimension for Thunders?

I can't remember how hard Bones mediums are but replacing them with 96A bushings sound like you're going from medium to extra hard.
My bad I thought OP was using Bones Hard hence the 96A part of my post. I never realized that the Supercush and Thunder bushings were different but it totally looks like they are, at least on the bottom. Clearly I'm not lurking the trucks thread enough.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #22343 on: November 27, 2019, 05:31:55 AM »

Doing some testing. Mixing my normal setup with some different stuff.
So far I'm on this:
Primitive 8.5
Mob
Krux V4 (?) 8.5 Nora pro without the graphic.
Swiss 6
F4 99 classic full 54mm
-----------------
Robot 8.375 (BBS)
Jessup
Indy forged hollow 149
Shake Junt Triple OG
F4 101 radial slims 53mm

Check that WB difference O_o
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22344 on: November 27, 2019, 06:36:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

street plant 7.75
ace 44s
OJ super juice 60mm
bones reds

shit is FAST!!!
[close]

[close]
[close]

I love gifting skateboards to my friends’ kids, that’s way sicker than anything I’ve ever gifted though

Same here, I recently got my nephew his first board after years of getting him Legos and action figures. Even taught him how to push around the next day at the park. Finally, I can be a fun uncle.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22345 on: November 27, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »
enjoi zach wallin 8.5" 32.25" 14.25wb mellow concave steep kick
tensor atg 5.75 (8.5")
F4 99a 54mm conical
bones reds

reynolds vulc low

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #22346 on: November 27, 2019, 10:21:22 AM »

AWS 8.375"x32" (14.375" WB)
V-Light 5.8
F4 99 Classics (55s at one point)
The usual Reds, Shorty's 7/8" allen, Jessup

After being of Ventures for ~6 months and coming back I am reminded of why I love them. Also, I never thought 8.375" would feel like a skinny board but here we are.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #22347 on: November 27, 2019, 11:33:33 AM »
enjoi zach wallin 8.5" 32.25" 14.25wb mellow concave steep kick
tensor atg 5.75 (8.5")
F4 99a 54mm conical
bones reds

reynolds vulc low

Damn that's a nice setup
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

smackenzie

• Rep: 10
    • Blog avatar image
« Reply #22348 on: November 28, 2019, 07:49:53 PM »

Alien 8.5"
Indy 149
F4
Shorty's
Mob

Blazer Mid's I got for free too. Haven't backed the swoosh in a long time, but I have to say they feel and look nice. Really into the workshop right now as well. Montano's new part was sick

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #22349 on: November 29, 2019, 02:29:24 AM »
Like seeing the alien boards this page.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus