Author Topic: Bastien gofundme  (Read 23085 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
Re: Bastien gofundme
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2019, 10:32:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Help me fill in the blanks guys.
[close]
Ham would probably be #1.

Ham is the only skater who actually succeeded in living the rock and roll dream. Had a longer and crazier run than pretty much any musician or TV personality.

But he definitely lost touch with reality long ago.

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2019, 10:37:09 AM »
What’s the top 5 of skaters that lost their grip on reality due to childhood skateboarding fame (money and drugs too, of course) and attempted and failed to live the rock and roll dream

1) Jereme Rogers- quit at his peak to start a musical career with no talent. Constantly lambasts fans online. Lost all his money but flaunts an ‘LA’ lifestyle via social media.

2) Bastien Salabanzi- Kooked himself out of sponsors at his peak, supposedly due to egotistical and unreasonable tendencies. Ended up on kart- Europe’s biggest joke before getting a pity board on primitive.
Wants to be a successful musician but hasn’t made it yet.

3)?

4)?

5) “I was sex and drugs, she thought she was rock and roll”- Ragdoll on hooking up with Avril Lavigne.
Despite having absolutely no place in the pro ranks, Ragdoll secures a pay check and an enjoyable lifestyle due to the early 2000’s skate industry cash influx due to the popularity of tony hawk’s pro skater and MTV friendly pop-punk.
It’s not all ties over tee shirts and checkerboard vans though, ragdoll revealed he ended up a bulimic with a colostomy bag.

Darrell Stanton might have a place on this list

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ham is the only skater who actually succeeded in living the rock and roll dream. Had a longer and crazier run than pretty much any musician or TV personality.

Maybe not #1, but Ham definitely belongs somewhere on the list. I see what you mean, though - he did maintain his sanity through many good years.

morningcommute

« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2019, 11:52:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Maybe not #1, but Ham definitely belongs somewhere on the list. I see what you mean, though - he did maintain his sanity through many good years.

Dooley: obviously he was the first that came into my head but I think ham is exempt as skateboarding played a part in his rise to fame but he was a genuine celebrity of rock star levels for a long time. Although he has fallen the hardest I don’t think it’s from demos to skatepark kids, it’s signing autographs outside cinemas and Hollywood parties.

Watson: I thought about braydon too but I don’t think his ego has blown to wild proportions to the point of mental illness. He’s attempted to segue  rather ungracefully into the next tier of LA fame but I wouldn’t say he became mentally ill due to his ego. Perhaps the same for ragdoll and I was just picking on him for being a tool...

Cuban lynx: spot on. Keenan definitely has to be in that list.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 11:59:48 AM by morningcommute »

LoudPack

• Rep: -20
  • front salad, back salad, front blunt
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »

i like bastien's choice of words in this one. he puts it as if his fanbase bought him this exorbitant gift, he would be sharing it with everyone who paid for him to have it. also "wood".

Also ‘by’

Windsor Knot

• Rep: -114
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2019, 01:06:56 PM »
I bet the deal with primitive he has is that he gets paid basically nothing (if anything at all) except commission on what few boards he does actually sell. That way he has no. Pressure to turn in footage cos they just press up a small amount of boards with his name on just for the lols.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2019, 01:10:06 PM »
Expand Quote

i like bastien's choice of words in this one. he puts it as if his fanbase bought him this exorbitant gift, he would be sharing it with everyone who paid for him to have it. also "wood".
[close]

Also ‘by’

I don’t fully understand waiting 4 years for a relic tele. If it’s from the custom shop couldn’t get just order one?

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2019, 01:34:51 PM »
Expand Quote
What’s the top 5 of skaters that lost their grip on reality due to childhood skateboarding fame (money and drugs too, of course) and attempted and failed to live the rock and roll dream

1) Jereme Rogers- quit at his peak to start a musical career with no talent. Constantly lambasts fans online. Lost all his money but flaunts an ‘LA’ lifestyle via social media.

2) Bastien Salabanzi- Kooked himself out of sponsors at his peak, supposedly due to egotistical and unreasonable tendencies. Ended up on kart- Europe’s biggest joke before getting a pity board on primitive.

3)?

4)?

5) “I was sex and drugs, she thought she was rock and roll”- Ragdoll on hooking up with Avril Lavigne.
Despite having absolutely no place in the pro ranks, Ragdoll secures a pay check and an enjoyable lifestyle due to the early 2000’s skate industry cash influx due to the popularity of tony hawk’s pro skater and MTV friendly pop-punk.
It’s not all ties over tee shirts and checkerboard vans though, ragdoll revealed he ended up a bulimic with a colostomy bag.

[close]

Last time I was in Vegas, my homie told me that rag doll got elephantitis or the shit wherever your nuts turn the size of grape fruits and can’t skate anymore due to complications. Someone please confirm. Yall that shit on ragdoll never understood him. Dude is a fucking legend and y’all are kooks for dogging a great.

Edit: ragdoll is like if you took Ben K, K Rod, and Aiden and threw em into a blender, and gave them way more talent on a skateboard.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:39:35 PM by cheetahsheets »

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2019, 07:59:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

3)?

4)?

[close]

[close]

Last time I was in Vegas, my homie told me that rag doll got elephantitis or the shit wherever your nuts turn the size of grape fruits and can’t skate anymore due to complications. Someone please confirm. Yall that shit on ragdoll never understood him. Dude is a fucking legend and y’all are kooks for dogging a great.

Edit: ragdoll is like if you took Ben K, K Rod, and Aiden and threw em into a blender, and gave them way more talent on a skateboard.

not elphantitis, but they're kinda right.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/yvxpk7/anthony-scalamere-has-the-biggest-balls-in-skateboarding-809

also, the relevant slap thread.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=86633.0

remembering shit like this is why i barely passed high school math.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2019, 08:19:57 PM »
i heard ragdoll suffered from anorexia, last time i saw him he looked skinny as fuck

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2255
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2020, 01:08:15 AM »
i heard ragdoll suffered from anorexia, last time i saw him he looked skinny as fuck

Maybe he’s just skinny ‘cause his body’s diverting all the nutrients it gets from food into growing those huge, gosh forsaken balls of his.
Betcha nobody ever tells him to “nut up & quit complaining” about his junk; the poor, emaciated, giant sack having guy. Ouch.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2020, 08:23:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe he’s just skinny ‘cause his body’s diverting all the nutrients it gets from food into growing those huge, gosh forsaken balls of his.
Betcha nobody ever tells him to “nut up & quit complaining” about his junk; the poor, emaciated, giant sack having guy. Ouch.

Last I checked, he got his testicles fixed. It did require a gofundme, but he managed to successfully arrange surgery for less than the cost of an ugly, beat up Fender, so that’s kinda nice.

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2020, 11:29:52 AM »
Ill pay every penny if he releases that battle commander that was supposed to come out a year or two ago.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2020, 06:11:05 PM »
Damn P Rod donating Primitive’s money away to others while Bastien suffers without his guitar

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »
I bet the deal with primitive he has is that he gets paid basically nothing (if anything at all) except commission on what few boards he does actually sell. That way he has no. Pressure to turn in footage cos they just press up a small amount of boards with his name on just for the lols.
He had an impressive 7 second part in the latest Primitive video  ;)
https://youtu.be/sgNR-hA-Bho?t=1425
ableSkateMag.com

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »
Thoughts and prayers

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2020, 04:45:43 AM »
I have a pretty strong feeling that his "audience" is a mirror.

"Would you gofund me? I'd gofund me so hard."

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2020, 02:04:27 PM »
nice relic'd finish bro ::)

yo, fucking this - who wants a fuckin fender custom shop strat that comes pre-worn out. fuckin' backwards haha.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2020, 03:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yo, fucking this - who wants a fuckin fender custom shop strat that comes pre-worn out. fuckin' backwards haha.

Although I don't much anymore, I worked selling music gear for a little over a decade. You would not fucking believe the demand for that shit.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2020, 03:30:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Although I don't much anymore, I worked selling music gear for a little over a decade. You would not fucking believe the demand for that shit.
While I kinda get wanting one of those Gibson’s that they make as exact replicas of famous les Paul’s I don’t see needing such a heavy relic. Kinda poser shit

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
While I kinda get wanting one of those Gibson’s that they make as exact replicas of famous les Paul’s I don’t see needing such a heavy relic. Kinda poser shit
This made me think about those Toy Machine boards that looked already slides years ago
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2020, 06:10:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
This made me think about those Toy Machine boards that looked already slides years ago
While I don’t remember the graphic your talking about, it sounds exactly like that.

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2020, 01:49:35 AM »
I hate to talk shit about another man’s art but you don’t need an $8000 guitar to make post-jack johnson rock. Especially when we’re living in a golden age of cheap, quality guitars.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2020, 04:03:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Before there was Forest, there was this twat.
[close]

That’s a stretch of a connection.

My childhood friend, who I love due to tenure, text me the other day and said he might live with Bastien as he was looking for a room mate. I thought it would be either serendipity or hell that two narcissistic musicians would live together.

This adult man-child needs a roommate; presumably because he can not pay his rent on his own... and he's asking strangers on instagram for $8000 to buy a fucking guitar? What a clown.

KP

• Rep: 16
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2020, 05:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote

3)?

4)?

[close]

This

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2020, 10:16:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

3)?

4)?

[close]

[close]

Rag doll sucks and Aiden is sweet.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

veritas

« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2020, 10:46:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Before there was Forest, there was this twat.
[close]

That’s a stretch of a connection.

My childhood friend, who I love due to tenure, text me the other day and said he might live with Bastien as he was looking for a room mate. I thought it would be either serendipity or hell that two narcissistic musicians would live together.
[close]

This adult man-child needs a roommate; presumably because he can not pay his rent on his own... and he's asking strangers on instagram for $8000 to buy a fucking guitar? What a clown.
[close]

Another possible solution: he could do something to severely damage his hearing - he'd lose the ability to tell the difference between an 8k guitar and a $200 one, plus he could maintain his dignity and proudly say he never  panhandled on the internet. Problem solved.

Or he could take out a loan like the rest of America does when they desperately want something they cant afford.

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2020, 11:28:14 AM »
Then he'd have to pay for it though

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2020, 11:40:38 AM »
Why pay for it when you are delusional about your fame and think you still have enough fans that would for something you don’t really need. If I recall his ego has been an issue before hasn’t it?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Why pay for it when you are delusional about your fame and think you still have enough fans that would for something you don’t really need. If I recall his ego has been an issue before hasn’t it?
I recall years ago about a crazy Bastien history. Long story short is that he donated a bunch of money to some African tribe, said tribe made him honorary member and gave him some "powers". Bastien thought he was indestructible so to prove it he jumped from the 4th floor of a hotel or sth like that. You can guess the outcome of all of this.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.