Author Topic: Quasi?  (Read 42934 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Quasi?
« Reply #330 on: September 11, 2023, 04:45:04 PM »
https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/world-wide-9

Anyone know if this nice lookin piece of wood calls for 159s or 169s? I’m guessing 169 would be hot roddin pretty hard, yeah?

I think any "normal size" truck is going to have a bit of axle sticking out, especially at the back, but people have skated it with 149s and 159s from looking up setups and the like, as well as Stage 4 151s, Venture 6.1 and others.

Expand Quote
I am looking for an egg to fit my 159 Indy’s anybody know what size egg will fit? Any eggsperts willing to lend a hand?
[close]

Quasi egg..Crail Loveseat

Links with good board pics here (rather than reposting all their posts)

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3782222#msg3782222

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg4014230#msg4014230

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3956665#msg3956665

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.msg4006042#msg4006042

This one has the exact measurements, so worth a post:

Copped the Quasi egg. Here's the detailed measurements for the culture

WIDTH: 9"
LENGTH: 31.75"
WB: 13.75"
WIDTH (FRONT TRUCK): 8.625"
WIDTH (BACK TRUCK): 8.5"
LENGTH (NOSE): 7.25"
LENGTH (TAIL): 6.875"

For my brother, off, the concave is steep, and it's got the mellowest tail and steepest nose that I've seen. Tail kinda seems like a craig board, but the nose is steeper than the hockey I'm riding right now. I think my fat ass just flattened that a little bit though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

WelcomeToHell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #331 on: September 11, 2023, 06:48:48 PM »
https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/world-wide-9

Anyone know if this nice lookin piece of wood calls for 159s or 169s? I’m guessing 169 would be hot roddin pretty hard, yeah?

Definitely 159s. I'd imagine even 149s would work. With a lot of football shaped boards, the taper over the trucks is about 1/4-1/2" from the widest point. I have a 9" Heroin egg that's around 8.625" over the trucks and I run 159s. My 9.4" Heroin egg is 9" over the trucks and I run 169s.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2023, 03:47:00 PM »
Cross post from the wood shop thread.

Saw a lot of the new Quasi drop in person today. Nothing notable. Still using both BBS and PS. One minor detail to report is that the team boards are now BBS. They have always been PS. I’ve gotten the 8.75 every drop over the last couple years and it’s always been PS. Will be interesting to ride the BBS version and compare!

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #333 on: September 30, 2023, 08:33:28 AM »

Expand Quote
Saw a lot of the new Quasi drop in person today. Nothing notable. Still using both BBS and PS. One minor detail to report is that the team boards are now BBS. They have always been PS. I’ve gotten the 8.75 every drop over the last couple years and it’s always been PS. Will be interesting to ride the BBS version and compare!
[close]

which were ps? cuz that i do like

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #334 on: September 30, 2023, 08:47:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They usually list them on the webite www.quasiskateboards.com

There use to seem like a pattern of Henry boards, and Barkers being BBS but this drop is all over the place. If you see a graphic you like, your best bet is to hit the website before copping

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #335 on: September 30, 2023, 08:51:22 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Quasi website lists the wood shop for each board.
https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/decks

Looks like most park models except Josh Wilson’s are still PS. The “Quasi” graphic team boards are BBS, Protos are PS.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #336 on: September 30, 2023, 12:41:31 PM »
First measurement is the BBS Quasi 8.75 and the second is the same model but the PS version from the last drop. The BBS board kicks are definitely steeper, but my sample size is too small to make any claims. Honestly both feel about the same, but I just hit some curbs and a DIY.

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #337 on: September 30, 2023, 01:00:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

They usually list them on the webite www.quasiskateboards.com

There use to seem like a pattern of Henry boards, and Barkers being BBS but this drop is all over the place. If you see a graphic you like, your best bet is to hit the website before copping

Last drop, the Jake Johnson board was an 8.25 from BBS. Skating it now

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #338 on: September 30, 2023, 04:07:54 PM »
thanks.

quasi….so i can be, to myself, because i don’t discuss matter of skate in person with anyone, ‘man quasi kinda does the same ish graphics i’m probably going to get tired of it’. and then the new ones come out and i’m like ‘yeah those are nice, i’ll take one of those please’. the few times i go into a shop i always gravitate towards their stuff.
that barker baker sick

i do like their 8.125 shape.
i wish their 8 was smaller.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2023, 01:39:20 PM »
thanks.

quasi….so i can be, to myself, because i don’t discuss matter of skate in person with anyone, ‘man quasi kinda does the same ish graphics i’m probably going to get tired of it’. and then the new ones come out and i’m like ‘yeah those are nice, i’ll take one of those please’. the few times i go into a shop i always gravitate towards their stuff.
that barker baker sick

I think to trick to quasi graphics is that they aren't fully chasing trends as hard as a lot of brands, I think its the "samey" graphics that give them a distinct enough style without drastically changing image to pander to what's cool. From working at a local shop for the past few years quasi is probably one of the most consistently selling "cool" brands next to polar etc.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2023, 09:26:30 PM »
Expand Quote
thanks.

that barker baker sick

[close]

I think to trick to quasi graphics is that they aren't fully chasing trends as hard as a lot of brands, I think its the "samey" graphics that give them a distinct enough style without drastically changing image to pander to what's cool. From working at a local shop for the past few years quasi is probably one of the most consistently selling "cool" brands next to polar etc.

the early polar stuff was so nice, current polar does nothing for me, but i’ll admit i haven’t been looking.

it’s true, there needs to be some type of cohesion/brand identity, tight rope balancing act between that and self parody.

juniormint

• Rep: 140
« Reply #341 on: October 20, 2023, 03:13:01 PM »
First measurement is the BBS Quasi 8.75 and the second is the same model but the PS version from the last drop. The BBS board kicks are definitely steeper, but my sample size is too small to make any claims. Honestly both feel about the same, but I just hit some curbs and a DIY.

Yo, is the shape still the same between the PS and BBS 8.75?

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #342 on: October 20, 2023, 03:46:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty damn close. I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference if I weren’t looking.

juniormint

« Reply #343 on: October 20, 2023, 05:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pretty damn close. I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference if I weren’t looking.

Sick thanks, big fan of the tapered ps 8.75.

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #344 on: October 20, 2023, 06:15:24 PM »

Bruv, did you cut your grip tape with a butter knife?
Do you get deja vu, huh?

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #345 on: October 20, 2023, 06:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bruv, did you cut your grip tape with a butter knife?

Bruv, I don’t always have a fresh razor around. Doesn’t bother me.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #346 on: October 20, 2023, 06:32:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

There’s definitely a little taper on the BBS. Maybe not quite as much as the PS. But I don’t really feel a difference. It’s not like the big taper on a DLX 8.75.

juniormint

« Reply #347 on: October 21, 2023, 02:02:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

There’s definitely a little taper on the BBS. Maybe not quite as much as the PS. But I don’t really feel a difference. It’s not like the big taper on a DLX 8.75.

Any chance of a top view?

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #348 on: October 21, 2023, 03:12:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Any chance of a top view?

Please excuse the dirty rug.

juniormint

« Reply #349 on: October 21, 2023, 07:35:28 PM »
Many thanks! Seems really close, but yeah maybe a little less taper, slightly straighter rails, looks nice.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #350 on: October 23, 2023, 08:08:50 AM »
Many thanks! Seems really close, but yeah maybe a little less taper, slightly straighter rails, looks nice.

No problem! Let me know what you think if you grab one.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #351 on: October 23, 2023, 09:56:41 AM »
I have had 2 BBS Quasi and they felt noticeably steeper than the PS especially in the nose. Was not a fan whatsoever, but I have historically always enjoyed the 8.375 shape.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #352 on: October 23, 2023, 10:01:03 AM »
I have had 2 BBS Quasi and they felt noticeably steeper than the PS especially in the nose. Was not a fan whatsoever, but I have historically always enjoyed the 8.375 shape.

BBS 8.75 is definitely steeper than the PS 8.75. I posted some measurements of the two above. Doesn’t bother me that much, but I’m not doing a ton of flat ground tricks.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #353 on: October 23, 2023, 10:58:06 AM »

I set up this JJ deck a few days ago. Really enjoying it. It's their 8.25 x 14.25 x 32.125 shape. I've had it once before and liked it. No complaints so far. Came with the BBS holographic sticker.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: October 23, 2023, 10:59:40 AM »
just chiming to say that the ps shapes are great for me, and the bbs shapes are too much. so much too much that i won’t even try them. i went down that road when fa switched to bbs and i just couldn’t. rad for those that can make it work.

and just because i can’t stop repeating myself: EVERYTIME i go into a shop, if there is a ps quasi that is almost my size, i’m definitely struggling to not get it. i’ll go in for something else, specifically, and walk out with a quasi.
probably a sign of doom for quasi, i’m not cool.

pinki_69_zen

• Rep: 1
« Reply #355 on: October 26, 2023, 01:53:28 PM »
nyone got info on the shape/concave of this deck? I like the dims and short WB but cant find anything on the kicks, nose...

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #356 on: October 26, 2023, 02:56:16 PM »
nyone got info on the shape/concave of this deck? I like the dims and short WB but cant find anything on the kicks, nose...

That’s one of the boards Quasi getting pressed through BBS so likely steepish. The PS pressed boards tend to be the more mellow ones, though they’re on the steeper side as well, in my opinion..

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #357 on: October 26, 2023, 04:35:20 PM »

I usually check Skate Warehouse and Tactics for most board shapes, pics, etc and it came through with this one easily enough.

Is it just me or those kicks are so fully squared off, even more so than FA / Hockey boards?

https://www.tactics.com/quasi-skateboards/wilson-mister-happy-825-skateboard-deck

SPECS
SIZE   8.25
CENTER WIDTH (IN):   8.25
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.0
NOSE (IN):   6.9
TAIL (IN):   6.81

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Quasi_Wilson_Mister_Happy_Deck/descpage-QUJWMHDK.html

Concave pic here too:

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2023, 08:39:49 PM »
Just got the 8.25 x 32.125 x 14.25 to replace my 8.25 x 32.375 x 14.38.  So I was measuring this new deck, an d it tapers to 8 at the rear truck, and it is really like 8.18 at the widest.  My current 8.25, the one with the 14.375 wb is straight rail the entire length.  Is this taper normal for the 8.25 x 32.125 x 14.25? 

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2023, 09:15:43 PM »
Just got the 8.25 x 32.125 x 14.25 to replace my 8.25 x 32.375 x 14.38.  So I was measuring this new deck, an d it tapers to 8 at the rear truck, and it is really like 8.18 at the widest.  My current 8.25, the one with the 14.375 wb is straight rail the entire length.  Is this taper normal for the 8.25 x 32.125 x 14.25?

i’ve had some significant taper. someone else should hop in and correct me, but sounds like you get the smaller proto shape.
the length is going to be the biggest hurdle imo.
i like those shapes, specifically for the shorter length