Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 233263 times)

apbarbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1380 on: October 22, 2021, 06:56:16 AM »
do any of you have any wide pants from non-skate, non-workwear brands?
i have a pair of these Needles 'HD' pants in navy that i got second hand at a reasonable price and i really like them, the darting adds a lot of structure/shape and they've been super durable:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 09:38:49 AM by apbarbs »

Druid

« Reply #1381 on: October 22, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »
do you any of you have any wide pants from non-skate, non-workwear brands?
i have a pair of these Needles 'HD' pants in navy that i got second hand at a reasonable price and i really like them, the darting adds a lot of structure/shape and they've been super durable:

May not be as big, but Wallace & Barnes Officer Chinos are a superb pant. It's a perfect bagginess and taper. They are pricey but you can always find them on sale. It's a JCREW sister company.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 10:30:01 AM by Druid »

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1382 on: October 22, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The new butter goods herringbone pants GO. Got mine in 2 days from humiditynola. Went with the green with white stitching and I’m so glad I did. Green pants are the wave this fall. Fits like the polar 44 pants or a cee blues leigh chino when they had those green ones. Might have to get these in all colors
[close]
Bit the bullet and got these in black. You're right, they're super fuckin nice and fit pretty similar to by Ceeblues Leighs. I like how they're built like chinos so you could dress them up if you wanted to.
[close]

Do y’all know an estimated inseam on the Butter Goods?
[close]
all mine are coming in around 29”-30” all size 32 waist. I went crazy and got the screw denims, dice denims, cords, and the green herringbones they all vary from 29” to 30” inseam
[close]
Thanks for the info! I’m 6ft 5. Companies never seem to help me on the inseam love

Feel this. 6’6 and can never figure out if pants are gonna be floods or not. Trynna find some loose more tech style pants but cannot find any that are long enough. Real struggle

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #1383 on: October 22, 2021, 01:27:27 PM »
The needles pants are dope. I was super deep in the cdg/yohji rabbit hole when I was in college, so now I only wear surf pants :y

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #1384 on: October 22, 2021, 01:33:10 PM »
do any of you have any wide pants from non-skate, non-workwear brands?

The Japanese are running fashion atm. Well they always do but the skaters wearing all the super well cut baggy clothes look amazing. Super freshest out.
And everyone is copying them.

apbarbs

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1385 on: October 22, 2021, 03:42:47 PM »
The needles pants are dope. I was super deep in the cdg/yohji rabbit hole when I was in college, so now I only wear surf pants :y

haha, cool - the pants i skate in the most are yohji

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1386 on: October 22, 2021, 06:30:54 PM »
Anyone got a solid replacement for surf pants but longer for taller people like myself?

europa1991

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1387 on: October 22, 2021, 06:37:53 PM »
Anyone got a solid replacement for surf pants but longer for taller people like myself?
Always liked Stussy beach pants, I’d size up tho

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1388 on: October 22, 2021, 08:23:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Get outta here with that 30 inch inseam haha.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #1389 on: October 22, 2021, 08:27:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Xlarge 91 pant is what you need. Surf pant for half the price

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1390 on: October 22, 2021, 08:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The Xlarge 91 pant is what you need. Surf pant for half the price

Those look really nice. Not sure on the length at all as I can’t find it. And they seem to only be available in Australia haha. Guess the search continues

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #1391 on: October 22, 2021, 10:50:40 PM »
I had a pair of Xlarge 91 cotton tail or whatever they were called. Really long in length, but the crutch blew open on the 2nd session.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #1392 on: October 23, 2021, 07:08:01 AM »
Me and my sister are working on “surf” pants for a more reasonable price, she is putting together the sample pair now
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1393 on: October 24, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »
Saw some cash only jeans, I think similar to butter goods....

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #1394 on: October 24, 2021, 07:08:58 PM »
Me and my sister are working on “surf” pants for a more reasonable price, she is putting together the sample pair now
Keep us posted! Good luck on it, I hope they come out great!

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1395 on: October 25, 2021, 11:30:08 AM »
I just got the Dickies Franky Villani double knee cords in 36 x 27. My true waist is 32, but sizing up is especially necessary for dickies. The fit is fine, but I wish they were more tapered. That, and the cut bottoms that are supposedly made not to fray frayed really quick. Color/material is super nice tho.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1396 on: October 25, 2021, 06:43:53 PM »
I just got the Dickies Franky Villani double knee cords in 36 x 27. My true waist is 32, but sizing up is especially necessary for dickies. The fit is fine, but I wish they were more tapered. That, and the cut bottoms that are supposedly made not to fray frayed really quick. Color/material is super nice tho.

It’s not that hard to taper a pair of pants, if you have the time and resources. Especially if you like them
You want some queso?”

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #1397 on: October 25, 2021, 09:51:24 PM »
News to me that Franky V got his own line of Dickies apparel. Stoked for him

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #1398 on: October 26, 2021, 08:38:48 AM »
has anyone tried any denim/chinos/cords form CCS?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1399 on: October 26, 2021, 11:01:36 AM »
Came up on some polar big boys that I need to take to get hemmed. Anyone have experience with getting big boys altered in particular? Since the leg openings are so wide, I don't know if I need to specify that I need the bottom of the legs to be cinched in or anything.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1400 on: October 26, 2021, 11:43:43 AM »
has anyone tried any denim/chinos/cords form CCS?

I have the CCS cords. Fit true to size with the right amount of baggyness for me.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1401 on: October 26, 2021, 11:48:26 AM »
Came up on some polar big boys that I need to take to get hemmed. Anyone have experience with getting big boys altered in particular? Since the leg openings are so wide, I don't know if I need to specify that I need the bottom of the legs to be cinched in or anything.

Fold the legs inward to the length you want, and see how they look in the mirror. If the opening is too big, get them tapered a little bit. If you do want them tapered, make sure you go to a half decent tailor who knows what they're doing (not a '15 minute alterations' place in the mall). Before tapering them, the tailor will probably have you put them on and pin them in place to make sure they get them how you want them.

I haven't done this with Big Boys specifically, but I've done it with other pants, to good results. It will cost a little more than just the hem, but you don't want to end up with $100+ jeans that you never wear because they fit weird.

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1402 on: October 26, 2021, 12:16:59 PM »
This is pretty random, but these urban outfitter pants are the shit to skate in

These are a bit baggier:
https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/uo-wide-wale-corduroy-relaxed-fit-beach-pant?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=001&searchparams=q%3Dcorduroy%2520pants&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

more slim:
https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/uo-wide-wale-corduroy-beach-pant?color=001&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

Basically a cheaper, unbranded version of the polar surf pants.
I also tried out those poetic collective pants and they're expensive and kinda suck... the legs are totally untapered and big tubes and the front pockets are odd..

Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1403 on: October 26, 2021, 01:51:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fold the legs inward to the length you want, and see how they look in the mirror. If the opening is too big, get them tapered a little bit. If you do want them tapered, make sure you go to a half decent tailor who knows what they're doing (not a '15 minute alterations' place in the mall). Before tapering them, the tailor will probably have you put them on and pin them in place to make sure they get them how you want them.

I haven't done this with Big Boys specifically, but I've done it with other pants, to good results. It will cost a little more than just the hem, but you don't want to end up with $100+ jeans that you never wear because they fit weird.
Thanks, this is the kind of advice I was hoping for!

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1404 on: October 26, 2021, 03:36:47 PM »
Just got the Dusty Plum Butter Goods pants and they are amazing. Such a good cut of pant. Color is perfect too and really good quality.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #1405 on: October 27, 2021, 01:11:48 AM »
This is pretty random, but these urban outfitter pants are the shit to skate in

These are a bit baggier:
https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/uo-wide-wale-corduroy-relaxed-fit-beach-pant?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=001&searchparams=q%3Dcorduroy%2520pants&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

more slim:
https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/uo-wide-wale-corduroy-beach-pant?color=001&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

Basically a cheaper, unbranded version of the polar surf pants.
I also tried out those poetic collective pants and they're expensive and kinda suck... the legs are totally untapered and big tubes and the front pockets are odd..

got a free pair of poetic collective pants from one of the riders and i agree about all the points made but i would still say they're very comfortable to skate in because of how untapered and big they are.
i have one pair of urban outfitter cords and they're actually kinda sick.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #1406 on: October 28, 2021, 12:07:58 AM »
Stupid question, but might be the right place. I usually wear Dickies. Never actually skated in Jeans, are jeans cooler to skate in for summer. And by cooler i mean temp wise haha
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #1407 on: October 28, 2021, 03:09:04 AM »
Stupid question, but might be the right place. I usually wear Dickies. Never actually skated in Jeans, are jeans cooler to skate in for summer. And by cooler i mean temp wise haha

depends how thick and heavy the denim is
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1408 on: October 28, 2021, 05:02:12 AM »

No, unless you buying shitty denim
You want some queso?”

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1409 on: October 28, 2021, 10:16:13 AM »
the volcom louie pants fits pretty nice and loose. I copped the brown cords & dark blue jeans in 29" and the waist feels more like a 30"/31". The inseam seems to be on the shorter side which I like bc I usually have to cuff or hem pants for them to sit better on shoes. The jeans are really good quality denim and the color is real nice. Highly recommend!