Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49714 times)

ItsNoUse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -15
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2020, 04:17:42 PM »
Foundation board. I've had two and broke them really fast. I've had 2 sets of ricta wheels that I didn't like. I thought I would like them as much as speed rings, but nothing has been as good. Other than bones and f4s though which were better.

Seems like they stopped making speed rings. All I see anymore are chrome cores, sparx, rapidos, and clouds. Speedrings were decent!

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2020, 07:37:45 PM »
Powell Rough Riders. The chunked and tore in the first day of riding, and I am not a hard rider.

They were cool and warrantied them tho.

Same. Huge chunks. Got a refund and bought some Oj mini super juices, ride just as well but no chunking

usedtostillskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2020, 04:12:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Foundation board. I've had two and broke them really fast. I've had 2 sets of ricta wheels that I didn't like. I thought I would like them as much as speed rings, but nothing has been as good. Other than bones and f4s though which were better.
[close]

What formula on the rictas? I actually like the nrg wheels
It was the rapido ones. Wouldn't slide at all. I had the concrete crushers in the nrg too. They weren't horrible, but just not as good as the speed rings, which I'm guessing we're whatever formula they had one or two generations before. I've been able to flat spot all of them but the speed rings just were awesome for sliding and just felt right all around. When I've had the other ones I've been let down every time.

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2020, 07:58:18 AM »
Any vans shoe I’ve purchased in the past year has fallen apart really quickly. Whatever glue they’re using does not hold the sole on for more than a month .
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2020, 08:24:34 AM »
Any vans shoe I’ve purchased in the past year has fallen apart really quickly. Whatever glue they’re using does not hold the sole on for more than a month .

Had some Crockett 2s and I had to use super glue on 75% of the stitching to keep the shoes together. Meaning not just the toe area of my front foot but like, the inner side panel of my push foot. The shoes were literally held together by super glue.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2020, 01:02:30 PM »
After trying venture lows and now thunders, I'm starting to regret my 144 indys.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2020, 06:40:03 PM »
After trying venture lows and now thunders, I'm starting to regret my 144 indys.

Same here, the only reason I got a pair was because my Real board had a long WB and the Thunder 148 Titanium I had was not working well together. They turn fine, grind ok but I'm not a fan of the weight and how they pop, but they made the deck workable for the time being.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2020, 07:19:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here, the only reason I got a pair was because my Real board had a long WB and the Thunder 148 Titanium I had was not working well together. They turn fine, grind ok but I'm not a fan of the weight and how they pop, but they made the deck workable for the time being.
144s on my real twin tail was extremely underwhelming and i swore off of indy ever since. pop was light but unexplosive and they were heavy as shit. only way i could get decent stability was when they were tight, and i never liked riding tight trucks and tic tacking around. after i dumped the mushy stock bushings, they turned like a skateboard and thats all i could say about it. just didnt work with my skating
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2020, 07:33:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
144s on my real twin tail was extremely underwhelming and i swore off of indy ever since. pop was light but unexplosive and they were heavy as shit. only way i could get decent stability was when they were tight, and i never liked riding tight trucks and tic tacking around. after i dumped the mushy stock bushings, they turned like a skateboard and thats all i could say about it. just didnt work with my skating

That's the description I was looking for! Light but not explosive, like the board would come up easily but it wouldn't follow my feet as a popped like when I rode Thunders. The only saving grace of the 144s would be sliding on the baseplate felt excellent, I could really feel the lock in when doing nose/tailslides. If only Thunder would improve their baseplate design with a slight increase to WB, then I would have found my goldilock truck.

Truck wishlist:
Moderate WB increase, 3.125 - 3.25"
Hollow axles and kingpin
Moderate height, 52mm thereabouts
Design that allows baseplate slide

Edit: wouldn't have gone with the Indy normally, all my trucks in my collection either added to WB or were too small for a 8.38.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 09:08:34 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2020, 10:07:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

That's the description I was looking for! Light but not explosive, like the board would come up easily but it wouldn't follow my feet as a popped like when I rode Thunders. The only saving grace of the 144s would be sliding on the baseplate felt excellent, I could really feel the lock in when doing nose/tailslides. If only Thunder would improve their baseplate design with a slight increase to WB, then I would have found my goldilock truck.

Truck wishlist:
Hollow axles and kingpin

Edit: wouldn't have gone with the Indy normally, all my trucks in my collection either added to WB or were too small for a 8.38.
thats why i ran from em. thunder just so happened to be the next truck i tried and i happened to get the best pop on them. for the slides, try 101a duro and wax where the wheels touch. the baseplate should be a simple fix for dlx, but id rather wait on them to change it instead of switching away from trucks that i like for the 50th time. although i dont really break boards, its kinda embarrassing for me to know that i have spent more on trucks than decks in my skate career and i give them up nowhere near the axles.

for your goldilock truck, it sounds like a thunder hollow light with a revised baseplate. have you tried tensor mag lights? might be your closest bet with whats currently out. cant wait for truck cos to slow down the indy remixes and do thunders already
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

passtheish

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2020, 10:31:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anti-Hero Black Widow, it’s 8.5” but skates like 8”. Felt too dangerous to skate.
[close]

Oh man I HATED mine. Literally set it up, one session, gave it away.
[close]
came here to say something similar. Anti Hero Russo Still Life, 8.75"
Beautiful pop, great for a front shuv, but i skatedit for 30min and slipped out on a slappy crooks and fucked my back ankle. Couldn't walk for two weeks, couldn't push for two months, four months later I feel like I'll never fully recover.

Sold that shit.

Curious to what Trucks you had on it, I got the same shape now and not sure what to throw on for trucks

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:33:10 PM by passtheish »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2020, 10:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Truck wishlist:
Hollow axles and kingpin

[close]
thats why i ran from em. thunder just so happened to be the next truck i tried and i happened to get the best pop on them. for the slides, try 101a duro and wax where the wheels touch. the baseplate should be a simple fix for dlx, but id rather wait on them to change it instead of switching away from trucks that i like for the 50th time. although i dont really break boards, its kinda embarrassing for me to know that i have spent more on trucks than decks in my skate career and i give them up nowhere near the axles.

for your goldilock truck, it sounds like a thunder hollow light with a revised baseplate. have you tried tensor mag lights? might be your closest bet with whats currently out. cant wait for truck cos to slow down the indy remixes and do thunders already

Silly me just realized there there was a separate Team Hollow edition for Thunder trucks, always thought they were Team, Light, Hollow, Titanium. I have a pair of Tensors on ice at the moment in 5.5, thinking if I should pair my Primitive 8.25 with the Tensors of the Thunder 148 Titanium.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2020, 02:14:23 AM »
Bought the new AVE shoe because watson was recommending them. Was the first vans shoe i bought in a long time. If you want to give yourself a severe case of athletes foot these are the shoes for you. Feels like wearing a plastic bag on your feet. 

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2020, 02:20:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Had some Crockett 2s and I had to use super glue on 75% of the stitching to keep the shoes together. Meaning not just the toe area of my front foot but like, the inner side panel of my push foot. The shoes were literally held together by super glue.
just got the Kyle Walker shoe after about 10 years of only skating NBs and adidas, first session felt pretty good, by the 3rd session they already feel too floppy for me, i probably have about 8-9 hours of skating the shoe and its not ripped or anything but i dont feel safe in them at all and my feet hurt by the end of the session. shittiest feeling shoes i had in years

bought a Sour board and it went soggy and wore out super quick.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:24:11 AM by eranka »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2020, 02:55:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
just got the Kyle Walker shoe after about 10 years of only skating NBs and adidas, first session felt pretty good, by the 3rd session they already feel too floppy for me, i probably have about 8-9 hours of skating the shoe and its not ripped or anything but i dont feel safe in them at all and my feet hurt by the end of the session. shittiest feeling shoes i had in years

I'm guessing 2 weeks for your Sour right?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2020, 03:43:10 AM »
exactly

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2020, 04:49:59 AM »
I regret purchasing things online because of transit time.
Up in the northeast a lot of the online shops are Cali based so it’s a week sometimes more before delivery.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2020, 05:23:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had Crockett 2's and mine would have started going that route if I could've skated them for longer than an hour without my feet being in pain. Terrible shoe imo.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2020, 05:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I had Crockett 2's and mine would have started going that route if I could've skated them for longer than an hour without my feet being in pain. Terrible shoe imo.

I would consider some AVEs if I came up on some for like $40 but I’m not touching Van’s otherwise.

I bought some Liberty Cups yesterday because they were $28 shipped. I feel like those might be my next post in this thread, we’ll see.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2020, 05:54:01 AM »
last purchase i regret not making was the mariano team classics

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2020, 06:09:12 AM »
what size? Just saw a 7.5 8 and a 12 online

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2020, 06:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

12 .. are you talking about cowtown?  I saw that there but the pic they have looks different then the marianos (no black stitching on the tongue)

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2020, 06:13:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

12 .. are you talking about cowtown?  I saw that there but the pic they have looks different then the marianos (no black stitching on the tongue)
weird yeah it’s showing cracked leather too it seems

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2020, 09:19:09 AM »
Bought the new AVE shoe because watson was recommending them. Was the first vans shoe i bought in a long time. If you want to give yourself a severe case of athletes foot these are the shoes for you. Feels like wearing a plastic bag on your feet.

Ave don't give a Fuck about his feets let alone others but this one request

...oh and dill wants clear soles again so you know make it
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Smartass

• Rep: 46
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2020, 11:13:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Skated the Walkers a while back, and main complaint was that with the stock insole your heel stood really high, almost rolled my ankle because of them. Switched to FPs and really liked skating them after that.

As someone else said and my contribution to this thread, Crockett 2's. Looks good, but stitching placement on the shoe is horrible, and the damn heel of the sole felt like a brick. The weird thing is both the Kyle's and the Crocketts use Waffle cup but the Walkers felt very different.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2020, 10:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Skated the Walkers a while back, and main complaint was that with the stock insole your heel stood really high, almost rolled my ankle because of them. Switched to FPs and really liked skating them after that.

As someone else said and my contribution to this thread, Crockett 2's. Looks good, but stitching placement on the shoe is horrible, and the damn heel of the sole felt like a brick. The weird thing is both the Kyle's and the Crocketts use Waffle cup but the Walkers felt very different.

Even though they both use waffle cup the distribution on the sole follows a different pattern. Agreeing on the stitching on the crockettt 2, the first model worked way better with less stitching imo.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3327
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2020, 05:09:51 PM »
I bought a memory stick and an audio cable the other day and don't feel like I really needed them.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »
fancy lad justis deck . fuck that thing is dumb . respect to those that skate that shit but fuck what is the point
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2020, 07:12:24 PM »
PS Stix ScumCo Ty B. deck. Long and flat with spongy wood.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2020, 03:09:11 AM »
Probably the radial slims I'm currently skating. Not because they're red but apparently I got way too used to the tablet shape and now I'm having issues regarding locking in.
Or I could just stop being a bitch a commit more...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.