Author Topic: Have you seen the smart rail decks at H-Street? Updated w/Legend Woodshop blanks  (Read 4410 times)

tyshoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
This is a cool concept. Check it out

It’s handmade in California by Legend Skates and features the totally unique design called Smart Rails, which is a dual internal Epoxy laminated Maple Beam construction, under the Epoxy laminated Everslick layer that is molded in a specially handcrafted mold, which all makes  for a rather unique design that enables way better Board and Lipslides with a minimal contact area and slicker substrate of which you’re sliding on. And the graphic stays largely intact, as it’s digitally printed into the Everslick material and protected by the dual internal beam design.

This design also features a layer of Carbon Fiber in between the rails, covering both trucks, so you get better strength, durability and performance from the Addison Taylor Smart Rail Everslick design.

Addison’s design also features the unique Pop Wedge design, which has an extra layer of hardrock Maple laminated into the tail and nose which creates a better, longer lasting pop.

I have the Addison Taylor street with black fiberglass top 8.5 and its a great deck. Super Poppy. I suppose one could just add rails to your board but I think its a very cool idea and makes sense as an upgrade in deck design. Too bad I dont like the shapes they have it in.

What do ya think? Im not really a fan of slicks but this has multiple advantages with the rail integration regarding the dancing grinds/slides.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 08:07:21 PM by tyshoes »

Freger

• Rep: -8
  • Can I borrow your tool?
Re: Have you seen the new smart rail decks at H-Street?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 03:41:44 PM »
ugly

tyshoes

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 03:49:23 PM »
Ok. Thats a valid reason to not like it. None one wants to ride something they dont like the look of. What is ugly about it to you? Just the unnatural shape and bent epoxy? Or do you not like the graphics/shape or rails?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 05:36:22 PM »
looks like the deck has tumors
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tyshoes

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 06:26:56 PM »
looks like the deck has tumors

Yeah I get it, its unusual looking but I like the concept if they continue to refine it it could look slick if a bigger manufactuerer copied the design like Alien/ps. Id like to see a side profile.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 07:32:55 PM »
The wedge makes sense and doesn’t need expensive engineering.

The rails I am not sure about. Seems cool and makes sense, I do ride rails and find that screwing into the deck can compromise its lifespan. when the rails start rattling and the screw holes get blown out or the rails rip out it can get shit and kill the deck.
So I think they do make sense, still don‘t think I would buy a deck just because of that.

Also the graphics are so ugly that I couldn’t skate that deck comfortably, even though I don‘t care for graphics much.

PMA

animalflesh

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 07:47:14 PM »
Also the graphics are so ugly that I couldn’t skate that deck comfortably, even though I don‘t care for graphics much.

You said it and now I don’t have to

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 08:16:58 PM »
trashy looking graphics

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 08:28:06 PM »
Looks like the bottom of a Penny board. It's unique but nothing I'm interested in riding.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 08:29:52 PM »
U down with the clown or nah
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 07:58:42 AM »
whoever designed that graphic should go back to airbrushing t shirts at the state fair and/or making stickers for the vending machines at second run movie theaters
🤙

tyshoes

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 08:45:41 AM »
"Her board graphics were drawn by tattoo artist Miguel Villaverde, with T-Mag doing the color work and production coordination."

I dont hate the graphics but it does look lame in those two colors. It seems like its aimed more towards woman with the Alpha Girls thing theyre doing. Thats a drawing of Addison Taylor. Id like to see a classic hensley graphic with it but T-Mag isnt really great with the graphics.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:23:18 AM by tyshoes »

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 10:08:27 AM »
i still think it looks very, very stupid
🤙

tyshoes

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 11:06:30 AM »
i still think it looks very, very stupid

Noted

animalflesh

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 04:13:44 PM »
What do you mean “noted”

Do you work for H street?

Hey H-Street, have legend do your crazy built in rail boards with a simple h street logo or a more timeless graphic like HENSLEY and I’d probably check one out

Legend makes quality stuff for the record. I’ve owned a few SSD decks and the dudes are legit so is the product

The built in rails came on those as well if I’m not mistaken

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 07:10:17 PM »
More like T-MAGA am I right?

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »

The rails I am not sure about. Seems cool and makes sense, I do ride rails and find that screwing into the deck can compromise its lifespan. when the rails start rattling and the screw holes get blown out or the rails rip out it can get shit and kill the deck.
So I think they do make sense, still don‘t think I would buy a deck just because of that.

Is there a remedy to this shit? My rail was hella rattley and pretty much only one screw was solid, the other holes were blown out. Probably gonna try to screw them in with strong glue, as per someone's advice in the cruiser thread.

As for these H-Street boards, I like the idea of the built in rails, just not a fan of these graphics or shapes. I also prefer the classic look of rails, instead of them being apart of the graphic.

JB77

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 02:29:27 AM »
I give them credit for trying something new.  I always like to see board manufacturers pushing the envelope with new technology and interesting materials.  Duane Peters had a deck with built in rails recently.  I can't remember which company it was, though.  One of the last two or three he's ridden for in the past 6 months, lol...

tyshoes

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 07:59:17 AM »
No Im not affiliated with anything HStreet since early 90s but Ive been in contact with them. Im just a an older guy who likes H Street and would like them to get bigger again. I also agree that their logo is fire and would be sick to just have the logo and classic "H street" like their grip tape. I think its a cool concept but I agree with the aesthetics and old pool stuff. I suggested to have the guest art guy (Hickman) who remade the Hensly graphics to just keep doing revised versions of classic decks. Just trying to help them a lil.
 Ex:

"Noted" cus  I didnt feel like actually responding someone just saying it looks stupid 2x. I like and appreciate all the other feedback.

tyshoes

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2020, 08:08:00 AM »
I give them credit for trying something new.  I always like to see board manufacturers pushing the envelope with new technology and interesting materials.  Duane Peters had a deck with built in rails recently.  I can't remember which company it was, though.  One of the last two or three he's ridden for in the past 6 months, lol...

Oh cool. Imma check that out and look into it. May be not a bad Idea to consider a limited run of these with custom graphics from legend directly in a more typical blunted popsicle shape.

tyshoes

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2020, 08:09:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is there a remedy to this shit? My rail was hella rattley and pretty much only one screw was solid, the other holes were blown out. Probably gonna try to screw them in with strong glue, as per someone's advice in the cruiser thread.

As for these H-Street boards, I like the idea of the built in rails, just not a fan of these graphics or shapes. I also prefer the classic look of rails, instead of them being apart of the graphic.

The remedy is a drop of wood glue on your screws but those rails will stay on that deck.

Edit: you can always drill out the screw heads and pop off the rails if you have a drill
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:15:46 AM by tyshoes »

IrritableBowel2

• Rep: 20
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2020, 09:03:11 AM »
But, is it handcrafted?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 03:45:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The remedy is a drop of wood glue on your screws but those rails will stay on that deck.

Edit: you can always drill out the screw heads and pop off the rails if you have a drill
Another thing to do is get some double sided adhesive foam strips and put that between the rails and the deck and them screw them in like normal. This is basically how the candy bars rails were made and they stayed locked on for me and never rattled. I have no idea why they aren't made anymore but thanks for introducing me to that install hack whoever at Welcome.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

animalflesh

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2020, 05:25:32 PM »
I believe that was schmitts idea

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »
I believe that was schmitts idea
He nice with the rails
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2020, 06:21:02 PM »
Isn't that a 15 year old Lib Tech deck?

tyshoes

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2020, 07:08:38 PM »
So instead of starting a new post I did some homework and found a guy selling blanks from legends woodshop. These are very high quality blanks and great wood for those fan of bbs but slightly stiffer. The decks that I can confirm are Legend are the fiberglass top ones. Confirmed 100% see pics. He doesnt tell me if all decks he is selling comes from Legend (but its likely).

Hers some pics of a Fiberglass top 8.75 legend blank deck next to the Hstreet 8.5 version of same deck.

Same markings, same wood, same middle ply color. Unquestionably Legend.

Further confirmation here (look at color and size of Ron Allen fg top vs size the blank guy has)

https://h-street.com/collections/frontpage/products/ron-allen-klindt-art-p-special-street-edition

Also, the cored wheels he is selling is a true dual durometer that seems to be made by creative and identicle from autobahn dual duro also made by creative. I got a pair he added in for cheap. Deck and wheels was 35 with grip and its a very high quality deck. Wheels are shaped like spitfire f4 classics so not the popular wide shape but Im impressed by them and am riding them now. Smooth and slide is great but still hard. Imma guess autobahn dual duro 100s?? cant comfirm but theyre solid wheels about a few years old.

Just a heads up on a great deal and the opportunity to try a newer innovative woodshop's blank. Dont bother asking him about where stuff is from, he will not disclose. But you can contact him for custom orders to save shipping.

Very nice decks for those who like to try different wood/assemble process or need good blanks. Moderate steepness and mild concave.

Heres his Ebay for a fg top legend blank in 8.25".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiberglass-top-skateboard-deck-8-25-orange-with-free-grip-sheet/323210640239?hash=item4b40dafb6f:g:blgAAOSw0YxalQif

Scroll though his auctions for other sizes or contact him for him to add wheels to your order or make it custom for you.

I cant confirm the non fiberglass ones are legend, but likely. Let me know if any of you try these. I am likely going to grab a few more now that I confirmed it. His auctions, some have wheels included some dont, contact him and he adds them for you. I only tried the cored dual duro wheels and the fg deck.

His Ebay store

https://www.ebay.com/usr/allskates?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Let me know if you guys get some cus these are my fav decks next to coldpress creatures.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 07:29:02 PM by tyshoes »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 08:57:08 PM »
So instead of starting a new post I did some homework and found a guy selling blanks from legends woodshop. These are very high quality blanks and great wood for those fan of bbs but slightly stiffer. The decks that I can confirm are Legend are the fiberglass top ones. Confirmed 100% see pics. He doesnt tell me if all decks he is selling comes from Legend (but its likely).

Hers some pics of a Fiberglass top 8.75 legend blank deck next to the Hstreet 8.5 version of same deck.

Same markings, same wood, same middle ply color. Unquestionably Legend.

Further confirmation here (look at color and size of Ron Allen fg top vs size the blank guy has)

https://h-street.com/collections/frontpage/products/ron-allen-klindt-art-p-special-street-edition

Also, the cored wheels he is selling is a true dual durometer that seems to be made by creative and identicle from autobahn dual duro also made by creative. I got a pair he added in for cheap. Deck and wheels was 35 with grip and its a very high quality deck. Wheels are shaped like spitfire f4 classics so not the popular wide shape but Im impressed by them and am riding them now. Smooth and slide is great but still hard. Imma guess autobahn dual duro 100s?? cant comfirm but theyre solid wheels about a few years old.

Just a heads up on a great deal and the opportunity to try a newer innovative woodshop's blank. Dont bother asking him about where stuff is from, he will not disclose. But you can contact him for custom orders to save shipping.

Very nice decks for those who like to try different wood/assemble process or need good blanks. Moderate steepness and mild concave.

Heres his Ebay for a fg top legend blank in 8.25".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiberglass-top-skateboard-deck-8-25-orange-with-free-grip-sheet/323210640239?hash=item4b40dafb6f:g:blgAAOSw0YxalQif

Scroll though his auctions for other sizes or contact him for him to add wheels to your order or make it custom for you.

I cant confirm the non fiberglass ones are legend, but likely. Let me know if any of you try these. I am likely going to grab a few more now that I confirmed it. His auctions, some have wheels included some dont, contact him and he adds them for you. I only tried the cored dual duro wheels and the fg deck.

His Ebay store

https://www.ebay.com/usr/allskates?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Let me know if you guys get some cus these are my fav decks next to coldpress creatures.

Thanks for the link, do you have the dimensions of the 8 & 8.125? I sent a message on ebay too. Have a feeling these could be the Fibretech decks that I was looking for in a separate thread.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tyshoes

not the full demensions. I would check the hstreet site. The Ron Allen link I posted, addison Tayor street, and ruby lilly all are these decks. My 8.75 has a wb of 14.5. If you message him, hell likely measure for you.

Got lil more info for you

Red: 8.1" with a 14.25 Wheelbase
Blue: 8" with a 14 Wheelbase
Green: 7.8" with a 13.9 Wheelbase
Yellow: 8.25" with a 14.25 Wheelbase
Black: 8.5" X 32" with 14.5 wheelbase Nose: 7" Tail: 6.75 (I have this deck so I have all tail and nose measurements but assume similar)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 08:13:38 PM by tyshoes »