Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93403 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2020, 05:42:28 PM »
So many masks on the subway today

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2020, 05:52:53 PM »
I really haven’t seen too much panic where i live other than stores not having tp and stuff (i still have a ton from costco so not tripping) but i went to doctor for a physical the other day and most people had masks on. The ladies working the office part looked terrified. I cleared my throat while waiting and noticed some glances

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2020, 06:17:40 PM »
I live in nyc and work freelance and I havnt worked in three weeks because of this shit.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2020, 06:37:36 PM »
Will be wild if what’s going on in Italy happens here.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »
Trump just banned all travel from EU to the US for 30 days, starting Friday. Gnar.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2020, 06:45:55 PM »
and Tom Hanks has corona

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2020, 06:50:23 PM »
damn rudy gobert has the coronavirus and the nba suspended it's season.

i had tickets to the clippers vs. knicks on the 23rd :(

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2020, 06:57:29 PM »
and Tom Hanks has corona

Not today, Satan.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 100
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2020, 07:05:35 PM »
Trump just banned all travel from EU to the US for 30 days, starting Friday. Gnar.
Wow that’s wild, I got back from eu 2 weeks ago.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2020, 07:08:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just spent 2 months in Laos (se asia) and theyve got no reported cases lol.  Im in the malayasian airport and i feel good.  Kinda stoked on the virus cause im enroute to Bali and it will keep alot of surf tourists away, so that will mean less crowded surf.
[close]

You are a moron.
[close]
  Get mad about then dude -see what that does
[close]
over 3000 ppl dying so far is cool because now less people will burn you in the water
[close]
  Leave the social activism to things we have any real control over there bub.   Me being happy wont kill anybodies grand parents.  And fuck wasted hippy.  Fucking mosquito.
[close]

Pointing out your navel-gazing isn't exactly social activism, bub.
[close]
    This whole thread is titled, "the corona virus, whats it doing where ur at" -thats what my post was about.  I was just in the epicentre of the epidemic. Being happy about less crowded surf is a victimless crime.
  U both need to chill on the keynoard.  There is actual bad people out there doing actual bad things.   I dont want to mess with those people either so i guess i can see why you are chastising me online.  Its safe and fun for u (at least it is for wasted hippy, always getting his little jabs at me. )

I legit haven't directed anything at you in months so I think your getting a bit stuck on the past dude, you made a stupid comment, I called you on it...move on.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2020, 07:53:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Well it's a pandemic now apparently.
Does anyone know what that actually changes?

I feel working in a hospital I should know.
[close]

A pandemic is considered worldwide
An epidemic local.

not to be pedantic about this, but i watched a video on this topic. a pandemic isn't necessarily worldwide. there's actually no hard definition anymore what a pandemic is, but it basically means that the outbreak can't be contained. with an epidemic it's assumed containment is still possible with whatever measures. with a pandemic it's assumed that we're past the point of containment and that the spread can only be slowed at best. or for example as long as outbreaks are localized, even internationally, and can be traced back to certain patients spreading it, you would talk about a epidemic. when you can't track anymore who's got it from who and when you have to assume it's already everywhere, when it makes no sense anymore to find out where it comes from basically and there's no way to tell where it will pop up next, and cases pop up randomly without known connections to known virus vectors, you would talk about a pandemic, since you can't reasonably contain it anymore.

examples of virus pandemics we are already all living in are the flu, common cold(also a corona virus) and herpes. these are everywhere on the planet and we are way past the point of trying to contain them, we just try to treat them as good as we can, or as in the case of herpes, some people carry it but don't get sick, so some may never know about it.

EDIT: vid here

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:42:16 PM by Frank »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2020, 08:04:13 PM »
Im getting over a virus rn. What virus? I don’t know. Kinda awkward. Def quarantining myself (thank God I have a good job) but it sucks to know that I could have unknowingly spread it before symptoms developed. I am an excessive hand washer anyway and have been extra hygienic since the outbreak but I still managed to get something so who knows. I’m not worried about me but I am concerned about my dad and grandma. Luckily I haven’t been around either in a couple weeks. My city has not reported any cases so who knows. Might as well be extra cautious for the sake of others.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:06:17 PM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2020, 08:16:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wow that’s wild, I got back from eu 2 weeks ago.

My lady was supposed to come back on the 18th, not sure what’s gonna happen now. Fuck.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2020, 09:03:27 PM »
4 people are quarantined in the hospital where I live (40 minutes north of KC). Not gonna lie, I had a sore throat and stuffy nose a couple weeks ago but I drank some whiskey and ate some oranges because I just thought it was a regular cold. Low-key worried I had it and didn't know.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2020, 11:19:51 PM »
and Tom Hanks has corona
Goddamnit! Anyone but Hanks!

Kylo Send

« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2020, 11:22:52 PM »

That's fucking buck

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2020, 11:54:57 PM »
I took a two hour nap earlier and woke up to the NBA suspended (no!!) and Tom Hanks getting diagnosed. Then went to the local store and nearly all bottled water was gone off the shelves. Shit really popped off today and nearly every health official is saying this is only the very beginning.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2020, 11:57:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just spent 2 months in Laos (se asia) and theyve got no reported cases lol.  Im in the malayasian airport and i feel good.  Kinda stoked on the virus cause im enroute to Bali and it will keep alot of surf tourists away, so that will mean less crowded surf.
[close]

You are a moron.
[close]
[close]
over 3000 ppl dying so far is cool because now less people will burn you in the water
[close]
  Leave the social activism to things we have any real control over there bub.   Me being happy wont kill anybodies grand parents.  And fuck wasted hippy.  Fucking mosquito.
[close]

[close]
    This whole thread is titled, "the corona virus, whats it doing where ur at" -thats what my post was about.  I was just in the epicentre of the epidemic. Being happy about less crowded surf is a victimless crime.
  U both need to chill on the keynoard.  There is actual bad people out there doing actual bad things.   I dont want to mess with those people either so i guess i can see why you are chastising me online.  Its safe and fun for u (at least it is for wasted hippy, always getting his little jabs at me. )
[close]

I legit haven't directed anything at you in months so I think your getting a bit stuck on the past dude, you made a stupid comment, I called you on it...move on.
  Fine dude.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2020, 12:55:31 AM »
Someone that goes to my old high school is confirmed infected , I live less than a mile from there

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2020, 01:30:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You are a moron.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
  Fine dude.

Your comment about not killing anyone’s grandparents seems like an attempt to deal with feelings of guilt creeping over you since you were, in your words, in an epicenter of covid 19 yet gleefully traveled, potentially spreading the disease. I sure do hope you didn’t spread it.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Gnarlington

• Rep: 0
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2020, 01:34:05 AM »
eu based, countries shutting their borders or restricting travel to high risk countries. people are being asked to work from home if their job allows it.

anyone have any interesting or outrageously wild conspiracy theories on this? i'd love to hear them

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2020, 02:30:16 AM »
This is a horrendously bad time to live in a city.

Please get important supplies, medicines etc and keep your families at home BEFORE its mandated.

The next few months this is going to get way uglier.

Also, think of your town/city systems. You may not have access to clean water or electricity,  things like this.

As a former nutritional consultant practitioner the only supplements I cant think of helping would be undenatured whey protein isolate(not concentrate), olive leave extract (high oleupeurin content) and colloidal silver.

Avoid hospitals if possible, schools etc(large crowded areas)

This virus is airborne and transmitted through the air, touching, eyes so dont bother buying skimpy masks as they will do nothing.

Gloves would be good but dispose of properly (plus it lowers the risk of you rubbing your eyes.

Jesus christ this post sounds rediculous,  but it's the first time in my life I'm genuinely scared for mankind.

Also, it *seems* not to get children sick. But they still can carry the virus. Just keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:36:00 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2020, 02:30:55 AM »
eu based, countries shutting their borders or restricting travel to high risk countries. people are being asked to work from home if their job allows it.

anyone have any interesting or outrageously wild conspiracy theories on this? i'd love to hear them

No.

Gnarlington

« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2020, 02:43:44 AM »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2020, 02:54:51 AM »
Expand Quote

No.
[close]

you sound like my ex girlfriend

So good.

I wish I could share pics. The power is out here, there is not one vehicle in sight, nor person.

Its a very odd feeling
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:57:53 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2020, 03:03:53 AM »
Expand Quote

No.
[close]

Uh-huh. If you think levity helps, go for it. Or just google that shit yourself.

In the meantime here's an account of how things are unfolding in northern Italy:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1237142891077697538.html

Gnarlington

« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2020, 03:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

No.
[close]

[close]

Uh-huh. If you think levity helps, go for it. Or just google that shit yourself.

In the meantime here's an account of how things are unfolding in northern Italy:

I did have to google the word levity as i'm not a native english speaker. thanks for adding to my vocabulary.

Conspiracy theories i find entertaining to read and i don't really see how that means making fun of the situation.

Then again, I do find it healthy not to take things too seriously in this world and approaching things with the right amount of levity should be ok as long as you're not hurting people with it.

i hope i used my newly learned word correctly in a sentence, feel free to correct me

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2020, 03:50:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

No.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I did have to google the word levity as i'm not a native english speaker. thanks for adding to my vocabulary.

Conspiracy theories i find entertaining to read and i don't really see how that means making fun of the situation.

Then again, I do find it healthy not to take things too seriously in this world and approaching things with the right amount of levity should be ok as long as you're not hurting people with it.

i hope i used my newly learned word correctly in a sentence, feel free to correct me

I agree. Being upset and worried is not going to change anything.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2020, 04:42:55 AM »
Italy is now fucked.

Everything is closed except grocery stores and pharmacies. Every other small business (including skateshops) will probably go out of business unless they have strong online sales. It's already very difficult for these types of mom-n-pop shops to keep operating so 2 weeks minimum of being closed will really hurt them.

I need to carry a piece of paper around with me everywhere I go saying where I'm going and who's given me the authority to do so. This is mostly related to work. If we go out to the supermarket we need the paper. If we are walking home from work we need the paper. If we are going anywhere we need it. The police were checking people walking around town today.

I hope for everyone else on earth that there is a vaccine for this before everyone gets put under the same regulations.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:23 AM »
Can we keep this to information and limit the fights? This is getting serious by the day. Here in DC nothing major so far besides the confirmed cases and that one priest who touched a lot of hands. If DC gets bad idk what will happen here in NOVA.