Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93813 times)

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1410 on: July 10, 2020, 04:26:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Buck Russell on COVID-19 confirmed
[close]

I preferred the name “lawndale skates” but “covid 19” is certainly catchier.
Got any flow spots still open?

You know, Telly, my Pro Skater thread got locked up, which is unfortunate.

I have taken screen shots to preserve the company's Mission Statement in the event the thread gets deleted. I guess some ppl may have found the prospect of a skate brand wherein riders are actually held to certain strict moral standards (really just expected to demonstrate basic human decency) to be...well...intimidating.

But I appreciate your interest and I won't be stopped or discouraged. I will PM you after I have trademarked the brand name and things get set fully in motion.

Stay safe in the midst of all this COVID-19. It's not a game.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Telly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1411 on: July 10, 2020, 05:54:46 PM »
I’ll be honest, “social distancing” was just a new word for “life in general” for me, so I’m going the “if it’s not a big deal in the end then wearing a mask and isolating is the easiest way to protect myself and others if it had been a bigger deal and I really didn’t suffer all that much and my house is very clean all the time and I got better at skating switch” route.
As a flow rider is it ok to hold to the values of the company but really concentrate on the lifestyle side of flow skating post 40?  Stuff like not going out because it’s just too humid and I’ve been working outside all day or taking 3-4 weekends a month off because I’m old.  I would run all those ideas through marketing obviously because I’m not going to bother you with little things.
I can’t promise to use a lot of product but I can promise not to sell any of it. 
Also, if you could have the boards pregripped with jessup I would appreciate that.  I can’t find my knife.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1412 on: July 10, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
I’ll be honest, “social distancing” was just a new word for “life in general” for me, so I’m going the “if it’s not a big deal in the end then wearing a mask and isolating is the easiest way to protect myself and others if it had been a bigger deal and I really didn’t suffer all that much and my house is very clean all the time and I got better at skating switch” route.
As a flow rider is it ok to hold to the values of the company but really concentrate on the lifestyle side of flow skating post 40?  Stuff like not going out because it’s just too humid and I’ve been working outside all day or taking 3-4 weekends a month off because I’m old.  I would run all those ideas through marketing obviously because I’m not going to bother you with little things.
I can’t promise to use a lot of product but I can promise not to sell any of it. 
Also, if you could have the boards pregripped with jessup I would appreciate that.  I can’t find my knife.

lol I don't wanna hijack the Coronavirus thread with my pro skating career so we should take this to a PM until they unlock the other thread (hope hope hope). But I have answers for you.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Goldeneggs

• Rep: -53
« Reply #1413 on: July 10, 2020, 09:32:48 PM »
No one has gotten sick. I think it's all fake. Just making a big deal out of the same flus we get every year.

Telly

« Reply #1414 on: July 10, 2020, 09:44:59 PM »
No one has gotten sick. I think it's all fake. Just making a big deal out of the same flus we get every year.

You shouldn’t be so selfish with this information.  As someone who is an expert in medicine as well as someone who can type, you should take this news to twitter so people can stop freaking out. 

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1415 on: July 10, 2020, 10:52:35 PM »
here is a great chart that illustrates what is really going on. reports of deaths have gone up in number recently but it is more data manipulation. the chart below shows when the deaths were actually from and gives insights into how they are 'harvesting deaths'

viruses follow very predictable patterns every time. the way the data is being presented defies reasonable logic. it's insane that more people do not see this.

Telly

« Reply #1416 on: July 10, 2020, 11:25:13 PM »
Hey buck, serious question:

So what?  So less people dies than could have, so far.  Does that make protecting each other the wrong thing to do?  Or did the federal government(USA) handle it poorly?

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1417 on: July 10, 2020, 11:40:28 PM »

So what?  So less people dies than could have, so far.  Does that make protecting each other the wrong thing to do?  Or did the federal government(USA) handle it poorly?
serious answer? this is the point:

the virus is fading naturally as it always was going to no matter what. interventions have very little effect once it's in society. by the time we knew about it the virus was likely already winding down. nobody is protecting anybody this is how nature works.

the reporting is wildly irresponsible keeping the fear monkey fed when the truth is deaths continue to steadily decline.

the lockdowns were archaic and unconstitutional and this thing is little more than a bad respiratory virus with a brand name

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #1418 on: July 10, 2020, 11:52:18 PM »
here is a great chart that illustrates what is really going on. reports of deaths have gone up in number recently but it is more data manipulation. the chart below shows when the deaths were actually from and gives insights into how they are 'harvesting deaths'

viruses follow very predictable patterns every time. the way the data is being presented defies reasonable logic. it's insane that more people do not see this.

without providing proper reference
Quote from: Buck Russell
it's the euro tm version of "Science" and it's trash and your'e trash for participating in it.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1419 on: July 10, 2020, 11:56:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
it's the euro tm version of "Science" and it's trash and your'e trash for participating in it.
[close]

fair play. data is from the cdc right here:
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1420 on: July 11, 2020, 11:45:31 AM »
My roommate has it and it sounds like he's dying; non stop coughing and when I heard him walk past my door this morning I could hear him wheezing and struggling to breathe.

Also I should note this guy is only in his 20s.

This disease is no joke.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #1421 on: July 11, 2020, 12:30:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

fair play. data is from the cdc right here:
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

The link you provided does not lead to the table. To quote you once again:
if it's from your friend through you it's not first hand.

and thus
anecdotal and useless.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1422 on: July 11, 2020, 12:58:58 PM »
mArLeY

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1505
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1423 on: July 11, 2020, 01:03:55 PM »
My roommate has it and it sounds like he's dying; non stop coughing and when I heard him walk past my door this morning I could hear him wheezing and struggling to breathe.

Also I should note this guy is only in his 20s.

This disease is no joke.
Please don't get sick too.

That condition sounds terrible but at least you're still hearing him. I'd worry more if he went quiet.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #1424 on: July 11, 2020, 06:59:49 PM »
got hella paid from edd. idk why. realizing i need to get out of this town but have no friends anywhere and i wouldnt be able to afford rent over 600 which is what i currently pay. job is closing down the donation centers so im not gonna get to return to that place but i guess i can say i managed it, since i closed often by myself and wasn't a thief..

i hpe every one is doing okay this shit is so unreal it crazy
even the steven

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1425 on: July 11, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »
If you aint from my hood you can get from round here

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1426 on: July 12, 2020, 02:32:58 PM »
Our department in a government agency has been open to the general public for a month and it's a shit show. We can't really enforce masks, can't stop sick people from coming in, and have no means for basic hygiene (in one of the largest government buildings in the world we have one filthy restroom per floor). Instead of keeping most of the staff working remotely, almost everyone was forced back to work and we've had outbreaks in 10 different buildings, several sporadic outbreaks in rooms near me.

To those "essential" workers who deal directly with the public, like me, this is very real. At this point, I know people who have caught COVID-19 and one who has died (not a friend, he caught it in prison). Some of my co-workers also work second jobs at fulfillment warehouses and grocery stores. One walked off her Amazon job when they couldn't contain outbreaks, while another cites at least a hundred cases and a few deaths in one food distribution center.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1427 on: July 12, 2020, 05:03:59 PM »
Our department in a government agency has been open to the general public for a month and it's a shit show. We can't really enforce masks, can't stop sick people from coming in, and have no means for basic hygiene (in one of the largest government buildings in the world we have one filthy restroom per floor). Instead of keeping most of the staff working remotely, almost everyone was forced back to work and we've had outbreaks in 10 different buildings, several sporadic outbreaks in rooms near me.

To those "essential" workers who deal directly with the public, like me, this is very real. At this point, I know people who have caught COVID-19 and one who has died (not a friend, he caught it in prison). Some of my co-workers also work second jobs at fulfillment warehouses and grocery stores. One walked off her Amazon job when they couldn't contain outbreaks, while another cites at least a hundred cases and a few deaths in one food distribution center.

Damn, bro. I'm sorry to hear you've gotta do that. You're down in SoCal right? While a lot of people are being choads up here, people are so far spread out for the most part that it's not smacked hard yet. Granted, there aren't a lot of jobs up here prior to the pandemic, but damn, I don't know what to say other than I hope you are able to stay safe. My partner is a SWer and is able to stay home so far. It's really, really weird. Goddamn. I'm sorry, dude.
Support your local skate shop

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1428 on: July 12, 2020, 05:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the virus is fading naturally as it always was going to no matter what. interventions have very little effect once it's in society. by the time we knew about it the virus was likely already winding down. nobody is protecting anybody this is how nature works.

the reporting is wildly irresponsible keeping the fear monkey fed when the truth is deaths continue to steadily decline.

the lockdowns were archaic and unconstitutional and this thing is little more than a bad respiratory virus with a brand name

Whats your views on countries like New Zealand whose lock down actually stopped the spread of the disease, and are going back to life as normal?

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1429 on: July 12, 2020, 05:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Whats your views on countries like New Zealand whose lock down actually stopped the spread of the disease, and are going back to life as normal?

New Zealand is very unique in that its a tiny island nation.

it's possible to lockdown and eliminate there. not remotely comparable to most of Europe or the americas. they have a geography protection that no policy can provide
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 05:23:11 PM by Buck Russell »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1397
« Reply #1430 on: July 12, 2020, 05:25:34 PM »
There haven't been any new cases for 12 days now, where I live. And there's only four active cases, which has probably dwindled to two these last few days. The population is 705,000 so it's low-risk right now. But of course, that doesn't account for the cases that have shown no symptoms. And everyone is still actively avoiding situations where you're with large groups of people indoors.

I know it sounds selfish, but I'm glad to have chosen to live here. People talk shit about Winnipeg all the time, and they're right - the streets and roads here suck, and the winters are long and cold and the summers are hot. But the health care industry is one of the strongest in the country, and since it's not a travel destination per se, that lowers risk factors even more. Not just for corona but for a lot of other ailments.

Much much respect to you @Chavo for continuing to do your job. I remember reading your posts from a few months ago and it sounded like you were in dire straits, and it seems like you still are.  Hope everyone else is staying safe as well.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1431 on: July 13, 2020, 05:30:40 AM »
  All this lock down shit and suspension of basic rights was a huge mistep -im sure time will inform us of this.    No I don't think it was a conspiracy.

What basic human rights have you been denied during this time?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #1432 on: July 13, 2020, 06:35:26 AM »
Expand Quote
  All this lock down shit and suspension of basic rights was a huge mistep -im sure time will inform us of this.    No I don't think it was a conspiracy.
[close]

What basic human rights have you been denied during this time?
   Operative term is 'lock down' bro.  Right for sanity right to make a living.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1433 on: July 13, 2020, 06:53:52 AM »
Limiting the time you can spend outside during a crisis isn't an infringement on human rights. But yeah to be fair I forgot that the US got fuck all help financially when your workplaces were closed. In the UK we got a pretty good hand surprisingly. We'll just be paying for it for the next 100 years
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1434 on: July 13, 2020, 08:16:54 AM »
Limiting the time you can spend outside during a crisis isn't an infringement on human rights. But yeah to be fair I forgot that the US got fuck all help financially when your workplaces were closed. In the UK we got a pretty good hand surprisingly. We'll just be paying for it for the next 100 years
   simple as that    any limitation for whatever constitutes a crisis, noice!!  this limitation is on you're physical freedom, no  big d    edit also some would rather work and put money into their economy so it dosnt tank.  Is that a right?  At some point it should be as we are directly connected to outcomes.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 08:28:16 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2525
« Reply #1435 on: July 13, 2020, 08:51:59 AM »
https://abc13.com/covid-party-19-death-coronavirus/6312899/

A San Antonio doctor said one of her hospital's patients, a 30-year-old man, died after attending a so-called "COVID party" -- a bizarre trend where young people intentionally get together with someone who's infected.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children's Hospital, said the patient thought the coronavirus pandemic was a hoax.

"He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn't get affected ... One of the things that was heart-wrenching that he said to his nurse was, 'I think I made a mistake,'" she said.

Why on Earth would you think it's a hoax? 
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1436 on: July 13, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »
https://abc13.com/covid-party-19-death-coronavirus/6312899/

Expand Quote
A San Antonio doctor said one of her hospital's patients, a 30-year-old man, died after attending a so-called "COVID party" -- a bizarre trend where young people intentionally get together with someone who's infected.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children's Hospital, said the patient thought the coronavirus pandemic was a hoax.

"He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn't get affected ... One of the things that was heart-wrenching that he said to his nurse was, 'I think I made a mistake,'" she said.
[close]

Why on Earth would you think it's a hoax?
  People legitimately have no trust of authority or the government.  So yah I know its not a hoax but why act surprised when diferent people have some misteps figuring out what to believe which would depend on their upbringing income ect things they have no control of.  Some crazy dumb ideas but the basic mistrust is validated.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2525
« Reply #1437 on: July 13, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
You'd have to be pretty fucking dumb not to believe the medical authorities on this particular subject. These people think that skepticism means believing the exact opposite of what they're told, regardless of the topic.* But maybe these people have also seen enough footage of politicians pushing for the reopening of bars and restaurants, which reinforces their belief that everything's fine. So in that sense they do in fact trust authority.

*Feel like this is adjacent to "doing your own research," which involves reading/watching a lot of reddit threads and YT videos made by people absolutely unqualified for whatever they're talking about.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #1438 on: July 13, 2020, 09:49:16 AM »
I agree that basic mistrust is validated. But it should be applied universally, including first and foremost ones own judgements.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1439 on: July 13, 2020, 10:39:35 AM »
Holy shit, U.S., get your act together...