Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 340620 times)

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1380 on: March 28, 2023, 02:49:21 PM »
I like to think one of them fucked up the scheduling for April Fools, posted it and now they're doubling down with the Wednesday date and actually ending the show.

Whoops.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1381 on: March 28, 2023, 03:25:22 PM »
I like to think one of them fucked up the scheduling for April Fools, posted it and now they're doubling down with the Wednesday date and actually ending the show.

Whoops.

That would be epic. If they did end the main show, what job could y’all see Chris roberts doing?

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1382 on: March 28, 2023, 03:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Got a brief rush of excitement until I read the word “Experience”

I used to enjoy the Nine Club but it’s gotten pretty unbearable over the past couple years.  I can deal with Jeron and Kelly, but Chris, Steezus, and Justin come off as increasingly unlikable and unlistenable

So, if true, we’re basically saying goodbye to Eldy and Steezus.

Always wondered how these dudes could keep up weekly appearances without getting decent pay (YT views are rarely over 100k per experience episode).

Eldy and Steezus don’t seem super stoked on being part of the podcast anyway.

Assuming it’s not April Fool’s, it’ll be interesting to hear them explain the reason for ending the experience.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1383 on: March 28, 2023, 03:27:40 PM »
Expand Quote

Whoops.
[close]

That would be epic. If they did end the main show, what job could y’all see Chris roberts doing?

I think he already has a job, he has hinted at it several times over the years. Not sure what it is but he’s obviously not raking in photo and video incentives from his sponsors

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1384 on: March 28, 2023, 03:31:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Whoops.
[close]

[close]

I think he already has a job, he has hinted at it several times over the years. Not sure what it is but he’s obviously not raking in photo and video incentives from his sponsors

I’ve only ever heard him say his only job was stocking keffir at a health food store. You may be right though, he probably does something computer related. For some reason I always assumed his family had money and just supported him haha just a hunch though

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #1385 on: March 28, 2023, 03:55:48 PM »
I've heard Chris Roberts describe the amount of work he puts into the show and I have a hard time believing that he has other work.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #1386 on: March 28, 2023, 04:03:31 PM »
pretty sure a few years back they said roberts quit his job to do the nine club full time. i wanna say he worked in some sort of tech-adjacent job like software development or something. i remember it being something with computers, to sound like an old man

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #1387 on: March 28, 2023, 05:23:10 PM »
pretty sure a few years back they said roberts quit his job to do the nine club full time. i wanna say he worked in some sort of tech-adjacent job like software development or something. i remember it being something with computers, to sound like an old man

He embodied the excesses of the mid-2010s tech industry, paid to look over a coder's shoulder and comment "that's crazy, bro" every 90 seconds.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1388 on: March 28, 2023, 05:28:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He embodied the excesses of the mid-2010s tech industry, paid to look over a coder's shoulder and comment "that's crazy, bro" every 90 seconds.
Oh so he was middle management
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1389 on: March 28, 2023, 09:19:53 PM »
well now that his old roommate/good friends has just passed away it may put a huge damper on the entire last episode. i too see all the holes in the nine club & the experience but i enjoy them and i’m bummed on this announcement honestly. they always talked about having robbie come on the show too… so sad.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1390 on: March 28, 2023, 09:38:28 PM »
well now that his old roommate/good friends has just passed away it may put a huge damper on the entire last episode. i too see all the holes in the nine club & the experience but i enjoy them and i’m bummed on this announcement honestly. they always talked about having robbie come on the show too… so sad.
Yeah, this is probably gonna be quite hard for them. I hope they're ok. I think everyone be understanding if they decide to delay the episode

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #1391 on: March 28, 2023, 10:00:13 PM »
chris roberts' job is being a professional skateboarder
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1392 on: March 28, 2023, 10:06:18 PM »
chris roberts' job is being a professional skateboarder

I assume your replying to this:

It is extremely common for pro's to have jobs outside of skating. Also, he still has a board (which probably sells better now due to the nine club than it ever did before) so he didn't really quit being pro despite not skating much anymore

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1393 on: March 29, 2023, 06:05:51 AM »
April Fools joke 3 days early?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #1394 on: March 29, 2023, 06:12:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Oh so he was middle management

PM
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #1395 on: March 29, 2023, 06:22:47 AM »
I feel like Chris has mentioned multiple times that the only "real" job he's had was at a Ralph's.

assyl fartrate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1396 on: March 29, 2023, 06:24:36 AM »
what job could y’all see Chris roberts doing?

Trust fund baby?

Didn’t he come from a wealthy family?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1397 on: March 29, 2023, 07:18:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Got a brief rush of excitement until I read the word “Experience”

I used to enjoy the Nine Club but it’s gotten pretty unbearable over the past couple years.  I can deal with Jeron and Kelly, but Chris, Steezus, and Justin come off as increasingly unlikable and unlistenable
[close]

So, if true, we’re basically saying goodbye to Eldy and Steezus.

Always wondered how these dudes could keep up weekly appearances without getting decent pay (YT views are rarely over 100k per experience episode).

Eldy and Steezus don’t seem super stoked on being part of the podcast anyway.

Assuming it’s not April Fool’s, it’ll be interesting to hear them explain the reason for ending the experience.

That's good. Goodbye Eldy
IG: @flowterspace

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1398 on: March 29, 2023, 09:10:06 AM »
look at all those baseball caps!

6 out of 6.

You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #1399 on: March 29, 2023, 09:29:44 AM »
Remember when chocolate introduced Louie Lopez as an April Fool's joke? I remember thinking its not a good move when the joke you make is what a majority of people would prefer over the reality of your brand.

I remember it sounded like Louie wasn’t happy with it either as he wasn’t officially on FA yet
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1400 on: March 29, 2023, 09:37:13 AM »
look at all those baseball caps hairlines!

6 out of 6, maybe twelve.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1401 on: March 29, 2023, 09:59:32 AM »
I hope this was pre-taped, otherwise this could be a real weird episode if its supposed to be a celebration of the past 5 years of their show, the day after someone Chris Roberts was close to at one point and knew Jeron and Eldy pretty well died. Because it'd be stupid for this show to be anything but a tribute to Robbie McKinley tonight.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1402 on: March 29, 2023, 11:09:38 AM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Dummklaus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1403 on: May 11, 2023, 03:06:51 AM »
king kong kelly

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #1404 on: May 11, 2023, 09:40:59 AM »
king kong kelly

He needs some miiiiilk
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1405 on: May 11, 2023, 10:02:44 AM »

fernando the skater

• Rep: 99
« Reply #1406 on: May 11, 2023, 10:04:57 AM »
Chris Roberts shilling his solo Youtube channel on Instagram. Maybe he's seen the success that "Eldy" has had with his exploration of the Southern California culinary scene, and wants a part of it.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1407 on: May 11, 2023, 10:09:00 AM »
Chris Roberts shilling his solo Youtube channel on Instagram. Maybe he's seen the success that "Eldy" has had with his exploration of the Southern California culinary scene, and wants a part of it.

Bold move when your most recent video is 4 years old lmao

TheDingus

« Reply #1408 on: May 11, 2023, 10:22:19 AM »
Just watched the sewa episode. Pretty interesting to hear him actually talk. He is human and he does have feelings. Who knew? I have to say the past 3-4 episodes have been great.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1409 on: May 11, 2023, 10:26:03 AM »
Just watched the sewa episode. Pretty interesting to hear him actually talk. He is human and he does have feelings. Who knew? I have to say the past 3-4 episodes have been great.
I've been listening to this ep on the commute to work. I never paid much attention to him in the past, but he seems highly grateful and like a genuinely nice person.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here