Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367120 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #600 on: June 25, 2021, 06:01:35 AM »
at this point they should just stream their session at the venice curbs
i wish that was a thing people did, like just stream 12 hrs a day of a "security cam" of EMB, italy train station, MACBA, etc.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #601 on: June 25, 2021, 06:20:22 AM »
Yeah like surfcams, that’d be sick
listen to cosmic psychos

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #602 on: June 25, 2021, 08:07:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Rog rules, and ignorant?
I think he's just really busy with other cool stuff that makes it a bit harder for him to catch up?

The dude films shows with the biggest celebs, still skates quite alot, runs a warehouse, has his own show AND has a lady.
And you're flaming the guy for not being in touch with every skater out there ... sheesh.
[close]

He hasn’t filmed a show in years

you realize he shoots things outside of the nine club right? are you stupid? how do you think he makes a living?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #603 on: June 25, 2021, 08:14:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rog rules, and ignorant?
I think he's just really busy with other cool stuff that makes it a bit harder for him to catch up?

The dude films shows with the biggest celebs, still skates quite alot, runs a warehouse, has his own show AND has a lady.
And you're flaming the guy for not being in touch with every skater out there ... sheesh.
[close]

[close]

you realize he shoots things outside of the nine club right? are you stupid? how do you think he makes a living?

i dont know much about Roger but imdb says last thing he did was hot ones 2020 which lines up with when rone dog hit. so i dont think "years" is really accurate - basically just hasnt been working cause of covid. im sure he is fine + will be back :)

Copthorne14

• Rep: -24
« Reply #604 on: June 25, 2021, 08:21:23 AM »
Hes still shooting hot ones. It was mentioned not that long ago on one of the shows.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #605 on: June 25, 2021, 08:43:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rog rules, and ignorant?

[close]

IMDB isn't an accurate source for any web native media 90% of the time.

[close]

[close]

i dont know much about Roger but imdb says last thing he did was hot ones 2020 which lines up with when rone dog hit. so i dont think "years" is really accurate - basically just hasnt been working cause of covid. im sure he is fine + will be back :)

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #606 on: June 25, 2021, 03:23:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Do you guys watch because you hate it? You must watch it to know if they are still doing the same stuff, right? I enjoy it. The bunt dudes just sound like some suburban nerds trying to sound hard.
[close]

At least the bunt does their fucking research. You couldn’t have been any lamer in front of lance mountain crob

As far as interviewing, I think The Bunt is pretty weak. "Favorite skate moment,  favorite sports moment, 1st big break......rapid fire."   It feels like a standardized test, a color- by- numbers.

That's just my opinion.  I like more of a free-form discussion.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #607 on: June 25, 2021, 03:49:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do you guys watch because you hate it? You must watch it to know if they are still doing the same stuff, right? I enjoy it. The bunt dudes just sound like some suburban nerds trying to sound hard.
[close]

At least the bunt does their fucking research. You couldn’t have been any lamer in front of lance mountain crob
[close]

As far as interviewing, I think The Bunt is pretty weak. "Favorite skate moment,  favorite sports moment, 1st big break......rapid fire."   It feels like a standardized test, a color- by- numbers.

Yea the bunt asks the same questions to everyone and then sprinkles in a few 'tell us about this trick' questions throughout. Basically the same as the nine club. They didnt even know caswell berry was on toy.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #608 on: June 25, 2021, 07:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yo it’s dJonez and da ghost. Them Phoenix Suns went off this week, ya dig. My fantasy team lookin fly as hell boys. Antsone hittem with the hip hop horn (burr burr burrrrrr)

I honestly used to hate The Bunt, buts it’s really grown on me. There’s definitely been some funny moments/stories on the show and love hearing the shit talking.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #609 on: June 29, 2021, 08:46:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's like 90 seconds of each interview?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Low standards

« Reply #610 on: June 29, 2021, 09:10:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yo it’s dJonez and da ghost. Them Phoenix Suns went off this week, ya dig. My fantasy team lookin fly as hell boys. Antsone hittem with the hip hop horn (burr burr burrrrrr)

I honestly used to hate The Bunt, buts it’s really grown on me. There’s definitely been some funny moments/stories on the show and love hearing the shit talking.

I recently listened to the Fred Gall episode again and it was so good. Fred has some fuckin great stories that should be preserved in skate history for sure.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #611 on: June 29, 2021, 10:11:11 AM »
Should be called "the hat club for men-children". I posted some one off comment on they're Louie stop n chat and the kooks removed it and blocked me from commenting on they're vids. Literally all I said was  "I've always loved Louie but man he's too old to be finishing his dad's whiskey and refilling the bottle with tea hoping he wouldn't notice. Might need to ease up for a bit"

Guess I triggered Roger and got him all self-conscious about his own alcohol dependency because in the next ep he brought up the "negative comments" from the last vid and said "if you're going to come here and post something negative that's fine but you're going to get blocked.". Dude's a washed up pathetic lush. Filming hot one's though, what a gig.

Valid constructive criticism: Chris is terrible all around; you can't fix that, but what you can do is learn to end a show. The episodes I've heard all start to end around 45 minutes to and hour before the podcast actually does. Chris starts saying crap like, "welp it's been so amazing chatting with you, you're my hero, I wish we could talk all night but we probably should wrap it up here..." and proceeds to ask more dumb, unthoughtful questions, sprinkling in a another "welp, thanks for coming on, you're my favorite promise..." every 10 minutes for another hour.

Can't even listen to it when it's someone I actually care about because of Chris's inability to fill his role adequately. I heard Chris bring up that Stern and Rogan don't research for their interviews as justification for why he knows so little about his guests. Just pathetic. Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night pal.

If you really want cringe check out Christ's shoe show on fueltv some time. He sits down with fat slob shoe collector's and hufs their farts as they stream out from the plethora of holes of their $300 "distressed" designer jeans.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 10:33:19 AM by Mariatorresflores »

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #612 on: June 29, 2021, 10:17:03 AM »
Should be called "the hat club for men-children". I posted some one off comment on they're Louie stop n chat and the kooks removed it and blocked me from commenting on they're vids. Literally all I said was  "I've always loved Louie but man he's too old to be finishing his dad's whiskey and refilling the bottle with tea hoping he wouldn't notice. Might need to ease up for a bit"

Guess I triggered Roger and got him all self-conscious about his own alcohol dependency because in the next ep he brought up the "negative comments" from the last vid and said "if you're going to come here and post something negative that's fine but you're going to get blocked.". Dude's a washed up pathetic lush. Filming hot one's though, what a gig.

Valid constructive criticism: Chris is terrible all around; you can't fix that, but what you can do islearn to end a show. The episodes I've heard all start to end around 45 minutes to and hour before the podcast actually does. Chris starts saying crap like, "welp it's been so amazing chatting with you, you're my hero, I wish we could talk all night but we probably should wrap it up here..." and proceeds to ask more dumb, unthoughtful questions, sprinkling in a another "welp, thanks for coming on, you're my favorite promise..." for another hour.

Can't even listen to it when it's someone I actually care about because of Chris's inability to fill his role adequately. I heard Chris bring up that Stern and Rogan don't research for their interviews as justification for why he knows so little about his guests. Just pathetic. Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night pal.

If you really want cringe check out Christ's shoe show on fueltv some time. He sits down with fat slob shoe collector's and hufs their farts as they stream out from the plethora of holes of their $300 "distressed" designer jeans.

As a giant Stern fan over here, Stern meticulously research's his guests. He pays lots of people to do the research for him. But he never walks into a interview blind

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #613 on: June 29, 2021, 10:24:37 AM »
As a giant Stern fan over here, Stern meticulously research's his guests. He pays lots of people to do the research for him. But he never walks into a interview blind

This is true. Stern makes sure to do his research which is why people are saying he is one of the best interviewers ever. He even hits on topics where the celebrity is totally shocked how he knew that. If CROB is a stern fan, he should know this.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #614 on: June 29, 2021, 10:30:42 AM »
did anyone ever find out why steezus suddenly disappeared

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #615 on: June 29, 2021, 10:36:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is true. Stern makes sure to do his research which is why people are saying he is one of the best interviewers ever. He even hits on topics where the celebrity is totally shocked how he knew that. If CROB is a stern fan, he should know this.
He obviously hasn't done his research.

TheDingus

« Reply #616 on: June 29, 2021, 11:21:10 AM »

Valid constructive criticism: Chris is terrible all around; you can't fix that, but what you can do is learn to end a show. The episodes I've heard all start to end around 45 minutes to and hour before the podcast actually does. Chris starts saying crap like, "welp it's been so amazing chatting with you, you're my hero, I wish we could talk all night but we probably should wrap it up here..." and proceeds to ask more dumb, unthoughtful questions, sprinkling in a another "welp, thanks for coming on, you're my favorite promise..." every 10 minutes for another hour.

Not only do you sound like a bitter child, you typed all this out, re-read it and edited it. I feel like you might be a regular Yelp reviewer. Sad.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #617 on: June 29, 2021, 11:30:35 AM »
at this point they should just stream their session at the venice curbs
i wish that was a thing people did, like just stream 12 hrs a day of a "security cam" of EMB, italy train station, MACBA, etc.

Yea Id be more hyped on slappy live stream sessions...sounds like hella people show up to the spot they go to and would be cool to see a scene come out of just doing slappys and chatting live once a week

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #618 on: June 29, 2021, 11:32:50 AM »
5teezus was creating fake ig profiles and trashing kellys now ex gf because he missed hanging out with kelly off the pod lol

yo check this out - https://www.steezuschrist.com/

With humble beginnings originating from Kansas City, MO, DeWayne "Steezus Christ" McMurry is a living expression of what life looks like when you stay true to what you believe in and pursue your dreams.

From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation.

As one of the most known unknowns in the world of skateboarding, DeWayne's association with The Berrics, one of the world's most visited skate websites, introduced the general public to the "Steezus Christ" brand. His infectious personality and good energy was undeniable, and his 'public debut' on The Berrics created a cult following, which compounded DeWayne's positive influence on the culture over night. DeWayne’s been an industry figurehead ever since, effectively producing and creating content behind the scenes, whilst simultaneously maintaining a strong on-camera presence.

With an unwavering desire for knowledge, a non-stop positive outlook on life, and a contagiously uplifting spirit, DeWayne has not only been the ideal ambassador for a bundle of industry-critical brands such as New Era, Skullcandy, eS Footwear, and The Berrics, but most notably has transcended the skateboard industry to become a notable figure in the sneaker world and streetwear culture.

Under his mantra of "Don't quit your day dream", DeWayne is a reminder to all that dreams do come true and a lifestyle can become your job. DeWayne is a reflection of patience, persistence and conviction, of which he stayed true to himself and his beliefs. Thus, resulting in a character who is well-known globally for his passion to continue growing skateboarding ethically, and keeping kids all around the world uplifted and inspired.

DeWayne is one of the most recognizable digital media profiles in the industry, and is blessed to travel the world and engage the youth, investing his time simply to remind kids and his admirers not to quit their day dream. That said, it's clear that DeWayne’s ability to inspire others simply through his inherent character and way of living is due to his conscious efforts to stay grounded, and most importantly, spend time to reflect. This can be seen on a weekly basis on the globally recognized podcast, The Nine Club Experience.

DeWayne's delivery, both verbally and in action, is a demonstration that qualifies he lives by the advice he gives. Unquestionably respected by his peers, associates and corporate partners, DeWayne is a pure "by-product" of what a wholesome life in skate-boarding can create if one stays true to themselves and the culture that raised them.  DeWayne’s embodiment of this testament is what makes him so valuable to the industry, of which he stands to become a legacy-profile that will never be forgotten.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 11:41:21 AM by honey island »

freaks.jpg

• Rep: -2
  • FRIENDS FOREVER
« Reply #619 on: June 29, 2021, 11:42:30 AM »
Ya'll buggin I love Crob. Dude cracks me up

conqueso

« Reply #620 on: June 29, 2021, 11:54:10 AM »
wow steezuschrist.com

that write up is flat out ridiculous. LA really makes people insane.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #621 on: June 29, 2021, 12:13:02 PM »
5teezus was creating fake ig profiles and trashing kellys now ex gf because he missed hanging out with kelly off the pod lol

yo check this out - https://www.steezuschrist.com/

Just Wow, I can't even get past that cover page, I wonder what he's dreaming about?

[quote
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:13:12 PM by KGB »

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #622 on: June 29, 2021, 12:20:48 PM »
Where did you hear that Steven was making fake IG & talking trash on Kelly’s ex? So does this mean he’s off the podcast for good?

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 822
« Reply #623 on: June 29, 2021, 12:41:55 PM »
Haven't watched since the 1010 episode but this thread cracks me up.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #624 on: June 29, 2021, 12:43:43 PM »
Where did you hear that Steven was making fake IG & talking trash on Kelly’s ex? So does this mean he’s off the podcast for good?

i live in the toilet of cha cha lounge

an na, cause kelly doesn't believe it was steezus, even though his ex and all her friends know it was. kelly is the least confrontational person ever. now he fucks pornstars bareback in laguna beach, while slinging 9 x 33 rolls of mob grip out of the trunk of his car.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #625 on: June 29, 2021, 02:00:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, once I figured out that they were making fun of dudes acting like gangsta rappers I began enjoying it a lot more.
At least once they've mentioned the sports/morning zoo? show they are lampooning.
Sometimes they'll drop the act and sound more like two buddies hanging out.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Tuff Lover

« Reply #626 on: June 29, 2021, 03:00:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

That's like 90 seconds of each interview?
more like 20 minutes, or half the interview. those questions lead lead into good discussion.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #627 on: June 29, 2021, 03:03:47 PM »
With humble beginnings originating from Kansas City, MO, DeWayne "Steezus Christ" McMurry is a living expression of what life looks like when you stay true to what you believe in and pursue your dreams.

From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation.

As one of the most known unknowns in the world of skateboarding, DeWayne's association with The Berrics, one of the world's most visited skate websites, introduced the general public to the "Steezus Christ" brand. His infectious personality and good energy was undeniable, and his 'public debut' on The Berrics created a cult following, which compounded DeWayne's positive influence on the culture over night. DeWayne’s been an industry figurehead ever since, effectively producing and creating content behind the scenes, whilst simultaneously maintaining a strong on-camera presence.

With an unwavering desire for knowledge, a non-stop positive outlook on life, and a contagiously uplifting spirit, DeWayne has not only been the ideal ambassador for a bundle of industry-critical brands such as New Era, Skullcandy, eS Footwear, and The Berrics, but most notably has transcended the skateboard industry to become a notable figure in the sneaker world and streetwear culture.

Under his mantra of "Don't quit your day dream", DeWayne is a reminder to all that dreams do come true and a lifestyle can become your job. DeWayne is a reflection of patience, persistence and conviction, of which he stayed true to himself and his beliefs. Thus, resulting in a character who is well-known globally for his passion to continue growing skateboarding ethically, and keeping kids all around the world uplifted and inspired.

DeWayne is one of the most recognizable digital media profiles in the industry, and is blessed to travel the world and engage the youth, investing his time simply to remind kids and his admirers not to quit their day dream. That said, it's clear that DeWayne’s ability to inspire others simply through his inherent character and way of living is due to his conscious efforts to stay grounded, and most importantly, spend time to reflect. This can be seen on a weekly basis on the globally recognized podcast, The Nine Club Experience.

DeWayne's delivery, both verbally and in action, is a demonstration that qualifies he lives by the advice he gives. Unquestionably respected by his peers, associates and corporate partners, DeWayne is a pure "by-product" of what a wholesome life in skate-boarding can create if one stays true to themselves and the culture that raised them.  DeWayne’s embodiment of this testament is what makes him so valuable to the industry, of which he stands to become a legacy-profile that will never be forgotten.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Tuff Lover

« Reply #628 on: June 29, 2021, 03:22:31 PM »
DeWayne....lmao

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #629 on: June 29, 2021, 03:54:15 PM »

Under his mantra of "Don't quit your day dream", DeWayne is a reminder to all that dreams do come true and a lifestyle can become your job.

Unfortunately, believing this sort of shit only ends in disappointment most of the time.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?