Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 321806 times)

augustmoon, Still_Sorry, powerhazard and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #720 on: September 20, 2022, 01:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nine Club getting clowned in the youtube comment section of this clip:

Edit: Chris starts complaining around 40 sec mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdL7QgDfLw
[close]

they kind of contradict themselves.  They say that it's annoying and you should let the pros have the show, but they recognized that a lot of shop kids want to get put on and it's okay too
[close]

Yo got it do it the right way! But also it's dope when you do things your own way

JW saying in the early girl demo days that they ran in JB Gillet and he was not feeling him but he was killing

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #721 on: September 20, 2022, 01:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's been said a zillion times across a zillion threads but why does anybody even want the nine club to get into controversial shit or have hard opinions? It's not what the show is. It's just light skateboard themed chat for about a  15 year olds intelligence level. (Which isn't even always a bad thing)
[close]

I get what you're saying. My beef is how selective they are regarding the controversies they decide to discuss. For instance, remember how fired up Roger got about how filmers should be paid? I would argue that was a controversial topic and I have mad respect for Roger holding his ground on it.
[close]

Still cant believe Eldy tried to say its for the passion though

Imagine filming someone for hours, and seeing them taken care of while you are expected to just get product or something
[close]

If the skateboarding you’re being filmed doing holds weight then it’s partially your responsibility to make sure that your filmer is being compensated fairly and well. At least that’s how I felt during the time I had any sort of relevance.. Kurt hayashi filmed the majority of what I did that was used, I made sure that he got taken care of for it, that was probably the one and only reasons I could’ve justified dropping “ATM” for “Santa Cruz” ATM did kurt dirty on footage they used of me, that was unacceptable.. plus, kurt was family, plus he wasted plenty of time and money filming with me before my footage was usable in any sort of video that mattered..
[close]
random and off topic but, just rewatched ‘sane’ for the first time in nearly 15 years when it popped up in my ‘suggested videos’ on youtube. are you the first person to nollie flip front board a handrail? seems highly likely. also, being that you had a clip in his firm part, can you give any sort of update on where matt beach is now or what he’s doing? dude was one of my favorites & then just sort of vanished. did you realize your name is spelled wrong in his ‘thanks’ section?

I actually had that video on DVD and used to watch it religiously. Up until that point, I do not recall seeing anyone nollie flip front board on a handrail, especially not to fakie. Would also love to hear an update on Matt Beach

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #722 on: September 20, 2022, 01:53:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

they kind of contradict themselves.  They say that it's annoying and you should let the pros have the show, but they recognized that a lot of shop kids want to get put on and it's okay too
[close]

Yo got it do it the right way! But also it's dope when you do things your own way
[close]

JW saying in the early girl demo days that they ran in JB Gillet and he was not feeling him but he was killing

Their responses are confusing. It sounds like things only worked out for Jereme Rogers because he was persistent and kept a low profile.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #723 on: September 20, 2022, 01:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Their responses are confusing. It sounds like things only worked out for Jereme Rogers because he was persistent and kept a low profile.

Traveled to every spot on the tour, so technically not a hometown hero at the rest of the spots he had to travel to   

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #724 on: September 20, 2022, 02:09:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know they would never come out and say this, but I have a feeling that they wanted to complain about the guy who barges the demo who, frankly, probably shouldn't. Like how all over the country there's the demo phenomenon of the "360 boneless" guy just going ham while people are trying to watch the pros.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #725 on: September 20, 2022, 02:11:11 PM »
Wait….they have demos still?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #726 on: September 20, 2022, 02:17:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know they would never come out and say this, but I have a feeling that they wanted to complain about the guy who barges the demo who, frankly, probably shouldn't. Like how all over the country there's the demo phenomenon of the "360 boneless" guy just going ham while people are trying to watch the pros.

i dont go to skateparks a lot but when I did there was usually 1 kid there who just has to show everyone who he is, and lol..typically the bowl flyout 360 was included.  I've only been to an addidas demo and it was Kwatson with the maxallure guys, and suicu (who obviously was killing)

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #727 on: September 21, 2022, 07:59:12 AM »
Wait….they have demos still?

Yup Creatures been doing one, we’re just in Bmore.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #728 on: September 21, 2022, 09:04:04 AM »
Expand Quote
lol @ the end when he says that the best advice he's been given for demos is to "not do anything first try".

Keep your cards close to your chest there, Chris.
[close]

he eventually parlayed that into not doing anything

I hear he once did a switch-flip manual at the courthouse.

Also, lol at the brain trust thinking the word guano originated from Ace Ventura.

I can't watch another minute of these idiots. I hate every single thing about Chris Roberts. His face, voice, personality, skateboarding. Stop existing, please.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #729 on: September 21, 2022, 02:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Man I love that Dub is the only one who keeps it a buck

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #730 on: September 22, 2022, 12:25:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's been said a zillion times across a zillion threads but why does anybody even want the nine club to get into controversial shit or have hard opinions? It's not what the show is. It's just light skateboard themed chat for about a  15 year olds intelligence level. (Which isn't even always a bad thing)
[close]

I get what you're saying. My beef is how selective they are regarding the controversies they decide to discuss. For instance, remember how fired up Roger got about how filmers should be paid? I would argue that was a controversial topic and I have mad respect for Roger holding his ground on it.
[close]

Imagine filming someone for hours, and seeing them taken care of while you are expected to just get product or something
[close]

If the skateboarding you’re being filmed doing holds weight then it’s partially your responsibility to make sure that your filmer is being compensated fairly and well. At least that’s how I felt during the time I had any sort of relevance.. Kurt hayashi filmed the majority of what I did that was used, I made sure that he got taken care of for it, that was probably the one and only reasons I could’ve justified dropping “ATM” for “Santa Cruz” ATM did kurt dirty on footage they used of me, that was unacceptable.. plus, kurt was family, plus he wasted plenty of time and money filming with me before my footage was usable in any sort of video that mattered..
[close]
random and off topic but, just rewatched ‘sane’ for the first time in nearly 15 years when it popped up in my ‘suggested videos’ on youtube. are you the first person to nollie flip front board a handrail? seems highly likely. also, being that you had a clip in his firm part, can you give any sort of update on where matt beach is now or what he’s doing? dude was one of my favorites & then just sort of vanished. did you realize your name is spelled wrong in his ‘thanks’ section?

Matt’s return to skateboarding kind of fucked him up.. he’s always been pretty introverted, so pro skateboarding was always pretty awkward for him when it came to the social aspect.. I know that for awhile he was living in a tent in forest park, he’s got some pretty serious mental problems, but I really don’t mean to say that negatively because he’s been one of my best friends since I was 12 years old and it’s been sad, frustrating, worrisome and a lot of other negative emotions towards him at times, I was bummed that he didn’t show up to Kurt’s funeral but I get it, he’s genuinely such a good dude and he’s like a brother to me. So it’s definitely confusing but overall he’s an amazing person, it’s just unfortunate that he definitely has some serious mental problems that I wish he could find the right help for. So yeah, I don’t think he is doing too good right now, but he’ll find his way again sooner or later, he has in the past and I truly believe he will again. At the moment I think he’s living at his parents and he won’t talk to anyone, I’ve tried to contact him a few times in the past 5 years, talked to him twice and that’s it, haven’t been able to get in touch with him any of the other times that I’ve tried to.. I don’t know if anyone had done a nollie flip front board on a handrail before the one I did, but I do know that I went at that trick with absolutely no grace or elegance, I basically just nollie flipped towards the handrail and let gravity do the rest! Haha!
//////////

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #731 on: September 22, 2022, 04:32:39 AM »

I don't think people expect an endlessly hard hitting expose from every Nine Club, but a tiny bit of research and some effort to be a decent interviewer would be a good start. It's incredible how long they've been doing and how bad they all still are at it.

What bums me out the most about it is they obviously have the resources, they have the access, they have the audience but then they act like 90's Transworld the second anything touchy comes up. It just seems like such a waste to have these legends sit down and talk and then they just squib it because they're lazy Cali bros who really don't give a fuck about helping people tell their stories, they just want to stay Peter Pan's in the skate industry.

Could you imagine what Chromeball could do with some of the guests Nine Club has had?

I don't hate Nine Club, I'm just disappointed in them.

&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #732 on: September 22, 2022, 09:06:48 AM »
The Experience show was better when they didn't do it live and they were in the chat when the episode aired. They also did away with choosing raffle winners out of the bucket at the end of the show so there is almost no interaction with the "community" anymore.

In trying to make the show better they actually made it worse.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #733 on: September 22, 2022, 09:18:14 AM »

In trying to make _____ better they actually made it worse.

a tale as old as time itself
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #734 on: September 22, 2022, 09:37:45 AM »
the nine club sucks

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #735 on: September 22, 2022, 07:19:34 PM »
The Experience show was better when they didn't do it live and they were in the chat when the episode aired. They also did away with choosing raffle winners out of the bucket at the end of the show so there is almost no interaction with the "community" anymore.

In trying to make the show better they actually made it worse.

Honestly the experience was better when they charged for it. Those first ten episodes were cool, you never knew what was going to happen or who they would FaceTime. Now its so formulaic it's pretty unbearable

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #736 on: September 22, 2022, 08:41:20 PM »
I completely checked out of nine club after having that fucking Gary V turd or whatever his name is on the show.
I don't hate any of them individually (except maybe Eldy), I still love J-Dub, I honestly believe they're just a bunch of oblivious man-children who never really had to engage with the real world and they're just so disconnected from reality...

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #737 on: September 22, 2022, 11:04:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Matt’s return to skateboarding kind of fucked him up.. he’s always been pretty introverted, so pro skateboarding was always pretty awkward for him when it came to the social aspect.. I know that for awhile he was living in a tent in forest park, he’s got some pretty serious mental problems, but I really don’t mean to say that negatively because he’s been one of my best friends since I was 12 years old and it’s been sad, frustrating, worrisome and a lot of other negative emotions towards him at times, I was bummed that he didn’t show up to Kurt’s funeral but I get it, he’s genuinely such a good dude and he’s like a brother to me. So it’s definitely confusing but overall he’s an amazing person, it’s just unfortunate that he definitely has some serious mental problems that I wish he could find the right help for. So yeah, I don’t think he is doing too good right now, but he’ll find his way again sooner or later, he has in the past and I truly believe he will again. At the moment I think he’s living at his parents and he won’t talk to anyone, I’ve tried to contact him a few times in the past 5 years, talked to him twice and that’s it, haven’t been able to get in touch with him any of the other times that I’ve tried to.. I don’t know if anyone had done a nollie flip front board on a handrail before the one I did, but I do know that I went at that trick with absolutely no grace or elegance, I basically just nollie flipped towards the handrail and let gravity do the rest! Haha!
damn, that’s really terrible to hear. i saw some stuff on here a while back about him possibly having being on meth and that being why he seemingly disappeared from skateboarding. i don’t know if that ties into it all or not, if so i just hope that he can eventually find some peace from his battles & be happy, whether that mean skateboarding or not. he is truly gifted on a skateboard, i imagine he’s naturally talented in a lot of areas. also, you had control & it looked sick so don’t discredit it. thanks for getting back to me about those, i hope you’re doing well.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
« Reply #738 on: September 23, 2022, 04:19:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
damn, that’s really terrible to hear. i saw some stuff on here a while back about him possibly having being on meth and that being why he seemingly disappeared from skateboarding. i don’t know if that ties into it all or not, if so i just hope that he can eventually find some peace from his battles & be happy, whether that mean skateboarding or not. he is truly gifted on a skateboard, i imagine he’s naturally talented in a lot of areas. also, you had control & it looked sick so don’t discredit it. thanks for getting back to me about those, i hope you’re doing well.

That's crazy about Matt, really sorry to hear about his struggles and I hope we gets what he needs; special talent.

The nollie flip front board was rad too, way ahead of the rest of the game. Did you ever try to get that switch bigflip at Bricktown again? That was mind-blowing that you even landed on it.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: September 23, 2022, 11:09:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

That's crazy about Matt, really sorry to hear about his struggles and I hope we gets what he needs; special talent.

The nollie flip front board was rad too, way ahead of the rest of the game. Did you ever try to get that switch bigflip at Bricktown again? That was mind-blowing that you even landed on it.

Especially at the time. Bummer to hear about Matt Beach. Was always a big fan of his

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #740 on: November 26, 2022, 02:00:57 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2SnQKoSI90

Jamie Foy the voice of reason. Roger being......roger.

1:34:40

TheWineClub

• Rep: 38
« Reply #741 on: November 26, 2022, 02:40:09 AM »
I like that Foy didn’t budge and stood his ground. Roger is a douche and looked like he was arguing for the sake of arguing.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #742 on: November 26, 2022, 02:59:58 AM »
https://youtu.be/ar5snP5o5Yk

I thought the Mike McGill one was ok in a relaxed kinda way

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #743 on: November 26, 2022, 03:04:05 AM »
It was a while back but these same guys didn't understand why they couldn't just use whatever songs they want/why they have to pay for music rights so their opinions on the subject are already a bit sketchy

Uglier

• Rep: 14
« Reply #744 on: November 26, 2022, 03:04:42 AM »

“not taking anything away..” is their favorite phrase to use
the duck may swim on the lake, but my daddy 𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴 the lake

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #745 on: November 26, 2022, 03:47:12 AM »
For a dipshit, Rogers got a huge ego

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #746 on: November 26, 2022, 05:38:41 AM »

Nigel on WEEN. Confirmed

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #747 on: November 26, 2022, 06:30:58 AM »
Roger has always been an insufferable contrarian.

Edit: I was scrolling through the comments and people have pointed out times Rog complained about songs being ABD. So yeah, he’s just complaining for the sake of complaining.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 06:46:23 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #748 on: November 26, 2022, 06:32:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nigel on WEEN. Confirmed

Paul Sharpe skating to "Push the Little Daisy's" for the record lol
https://youtu.be/eWvgpab-v_k?t=354
SMA - El Video Número Tres

and here is all the video's with WEEN for you fellow Boognish lovers
https://www.skatevideosite.com/search?q=ween

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #749 on: November 26, 2022, 06:54:53 AM »
Roger has always been an insufferable contrarian.

Edit: I was scrolling through the comments and people have pointed out times Rog complained about songs being ABD. So yeah, he’s just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Can’t find the clip but I think there was an episode where Roger was throwing shade at Ishod’s Back on BS part because it used Return of the Mack and Roger had used that song for a Cory Kennedy Fourstar edit.