Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367092 times)

Kook Me Amadeus

Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1590 on: June 24, 2023, 11:31:38 AM »
Some content ripped from the pages of the UPCOMING/RECENT Shoe Release thread + Crob and the gang chat about Eldy’s new Number 33 / Top Golf collab

https://www.youtube.com/live/usq7SwNzlbA?feature=share

Ace Pelka "Naturals" Part, BATB 13 Announced, Chase Gabor leaves The Berrics, Tony Hawk Approves of Jeron's Thank You Graphic, Daniel Castillo "Can You Repeat That" Village Psychic, Top Golf x Number 33, Kenzo Rip Off Of Jason Lee's Airwalk Shoe, Josh Douglas J-1 Part, Brooklyn Projects x Big Brother Collab, Big-O Montreal Jam, Girl x Preduce in Thailand, Budget Or Buttery, Palace x Vans Low, Red Bull Rewind Contest, Jan Hirt Santa Cruz Part, Damn Am Japan, Ishod Nike SB Shoe Leaked, Sonder Vol.2 Video and much more!

Timestamps
00:00:00 Nine Club Live
00:01:37 Rundown
00:02:57 Intro
00:04:37 Ace Pelka "Naturals" Part
00:09:27 BATB 13 and Chase Gabor leaves The Berrics
00:11:00 Chris' Vending Machine At The Berrics
00:17:00 Tony Hawk Approves of Dubs Thank You Graphic
00:21:36 Daniel Castillo "Can You Repeat That" Village Psychic
00:28:00 Top Golf x Number 33
00:32:30 Evoke Republic Skate Shoes?
00:35:00 Kenzo Jason Lee Airwalk Shoe Rip Off
00:41:30 Josh Douglas J-1 Part
00:47:00 Brooklyn Projects x Big Brother Collab
00:53:20 Big-O Montreal Jam
01:04:05 Girl x Preduce in Thailand Video
01:09:00 Budget Or Buttery
01:20:50 Palace x Vans Low
01:27:00 Red Bull Rewind Contest
01:43:14 Jan Hirt Santa Cruz Part
01:51:00 Damn Am Japan
02:01:55 Ishod Nike SB Shoe Leaked
02:10:00 Sonder Vol.2 Video

Natas_Fauxas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #1591 on: June 24, 2023, 01:21:05 PM »
Crob streamed twice this week during the day and Now im not sure if this Monday it will be Colin Kennedy or Chad Caruso. Both are guests coming up soon. Im kinda excited to see Chad on. Dude is a trooper.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

rkulla

« Reply #1592 on: June 25, 2023, 03:42:17 PM »
Rkulla, was it Kelly who was saying on the last Live he was texting with you? 

Are you guys often in contact?  Do you have creative input on the show at all?

I've never met them in person, we just follow each other on IG and have DM'd sometimes but I've never had any creative control, or asked them to do anything. At most, in the chat I'll say things that they repeat or becomes a meme. That's it...

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1593 on: June 25, 2023, 04:09:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Rkulla, was it Kelly who was saying on the last Live he was texting with you? 

Are you guys often in contact?  Do you have creative input on the show at all?
[close]

I've never met them in person, we just follow each other on IG and have DM'd sometimes but I've never had any creative control, or asked them to do anything. At most, in the chat I'll say things that they repeat or becomes a meme. That's it...

That’s cool.  It’s rad you’re such a fixture on the show.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1594 on: June 26, 2023, 12:04:46 AM »

Carl Aikens discusses growing up in Chicago, Carls mom hosting house music parties in Chicago, getting his first Chocolate ad in a mag, filming for Chocolate’s “Bunny Hop” video, shoe company's offering him contracts but choosing Adidas, Melon grab over Hollywood High’s fence, why he doesn’t watch too much skating content, his first contest ever was SLS, getting modeling gigs, FaceTiming pro’s for motivation to land tricks and much more!

Timestamps
00:00:00 Carl Aikens
00:00:27 Chris & Carl meet after being on Chocolate together for 6 years
00:02:28 How Carl started to get flow for Chocolate
00:05:34 Young Carl coming up skating
00:08:41 The shoe sponsors
00:11:02 The New York connection
00:13:53 Our Supporter: Athletic Greens
00:15:29 Carl's mom famous in Chicago
00:19:07 Carl's mom on a board
00:19:49 Carl the model
00:28:24 Pro skaters doing other things to make money
00:33:35 Fully getting on Chocolate
00:35:59 Carl's first Chocolate ad
00:39:02 The portrait board
00:43:51 Carl's "Bunny Hop" part
00:46:40 The shoe company offers after Carl was dropped by Nike
00:51:05 The Lost Kids record label
00:53:55 Modeling for Erewhon
01:02:30 Melon grab over the fence at Hollywood High
01:04:33 Carl doesn't watch skateboarding
01:05:50 The "Serena" video
01:15:04 heading to Paris
01:16:36 Does Carl follow Tony Hawk?
01:19:55 What Carls working on now
01:24:07 am/fm wheels
01:29:43 Facetiming pros for motivation to land tricks

Edited By: Tim Olson & Roger Bagley

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1595 on: June 26, 2023, 01:59:38 AM »
wearing shades indoors for over 2 hours while doing a filmed podcast is pretty wild. there has to be a self contained questioning of “should i just keep rocking these when i walk in?” as you pull up, then a “yeah do it why not?”… shortly followed afterwards by a “should i just rock them the whole interview?” & again a “yeah why not?”. examples of why it’s okay to sometimes ask your friends if you look stupid or not before fully committing to a wild gear choice while being filmed.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #1596 on: June 26, 2023, 08:40:26 AM »
I literally didn’t notice the sunglasses at all
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1597 on: June 26, 2023, 09:04:05 AM »
I literally didn’t notice the sunglasses at all
Said the guy who only listened to the audio

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1598 on: June 26, 2023, 09:18:05 AM »
wearing shades indoors for over 2 hours while doing a filmed podcast is pretty wild. there has to be a self contained questioning of “should i just keep rocking these when i walk in?” as you pull up, then a “yeah do it why not?”… shortly followed afterwards by a “should i just rock them the whole interview?” & again a “yeah why not?”. examples of why it’s okay to sometimes ask your friends if you look stupid or not before fully committing to a wild gear choice while being filmed.

Or he just wore the shades and kept wearing them and didn’t think about it much

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1599 on: June 26, 2023, 09:20:58 AM »

Not really that wild when you have multiple bright ass lights focused on your face the entire time.  8)

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #1600 on: June 26, 2023, 09:26:49 AM »

Good lord.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #1601 on: June 26, 2023, 10:41:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good lord.

while I get the joke or "how is this even possible?", between doing the show, covid, carl being a young "cool guy" and traveling, plus the fact it seems that Chris is very introverted, it's not that surprising to me.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1602 on: June 26, 2023, 10:44:55 AM »

nothing's been the since same

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1603 on: June 26, 2023, 03:23:20 PM »

i just assumed he smoked weed beforehand or something, there were some moments here and there in which he definitely sounded like me and my friends when we're high and asked a question

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #1604 on: June 26, 2023, 03:50:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i just assumed he smoked weed beforehand or something, there were some moments here and there in which he definitely sounded like me and my friends when we're high and asked a question

me too but i didn’t really notice the glasses until i read the comments

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #1605 on: June 26, 2023, 05:34:14 PM »
so you’re telling me that if this was someone like say andy anderson, elijah berle, david loy… nobody would notice the sunglasses or make a comment? i am a fan of his skating, seems like a good guy, just think it’s kinda cringe to wear sunglasses inside for hours on camera. maybe that’s just me.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

RoughStylin

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1606 on: June 26, 2023, 05:58:55 PM »
Dude said he was out until 4am and hungover. That compounded with direct studio lighting, I think sunglasses are fine. 

It was funny hearing him geek out on big pro’s towards the end of the interview. Cold calling P-Rod on the sesh for motivation is hilarious to me, especially with Carl’s cool-guy persona.

Also hilarious that Carroll screens his calls.

snackman233

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1607 on: June 27, 2023, 09:46:59 AM »
Carl would not turn off the cool guy act until the last 20 mins he started being more of a human

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1608 on: June 27, 2023, 01:09:02 PM »
so you’re telling me that if this was someone like say andy anderson, elijah berle, david loy… nobody would notice the sunglasses or make a comment? i am a fan of his skating, seems like a good guy, just think it’s kinda cringe to wear sunglasses inside for hours on camera. maybe that’s just me.

I imagine he's nervous or maybe he's that hungover? Also, Isn't he 24? We were all making dumb decisions around then (some of us probably still are).

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #1609 on: June 27, 2023, 02:04:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Good lord.
[close]

while I get the joke or "how is this even possible?", between doing the show, covid, carl being a young "cool guy" and traveling, plus the fact it seems that Chris is very introverted, it's not that surprising to me.

Crail was such a tight crew for so long. I know that ended well over a decade ago, but Aikens went from Flow to Am to Video to Pro for a year + and didn’t meet Roberts the whole time? That’s pretty wild.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #1610 on: June 27, 2023, 05:09:05 PM »
Aikens was a cool person to learn about and a cool perspective on todays industry  - I like that he seems to keep his fashion stuff and skateboarding kinda separate. And admirable he wants to release parts and has footage stacked

Am-fm is a good name for a company

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3375
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1611 on: June 27, 2023, 05:44:46 PM »
I'm always impressed by people who wear sunglasses indoors and don't give a damn what people think. I wish I had that kind of swagger.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1612 on: June 27, 2023, 08:56:12 PM »
lots of skaters have sunglass sponsorships

rkulla

« Reply #1613 on: June 28, 2023, 01:12:19 PM »
We don't like it when the general public gets mad at us for skating, dressing, or acting how we want. Yet skaters hate on other skaters for how they dress, how they skate, how they talk, etc. It's not really any different than the general public trying to get you to conform.

If it's not "take off the sunglasses indoors", it's "take off the hat indoors". As if we're all supposed to subscribe to some conservative manners. Is this your dinner table and you've been offended? Expressing these complaints will only cause most skaters to rebel more against your rules.

manysnakes

« Reply #1614 on: June 28, 2023, 01:32:56 PM »
For how many pages can we talk about wearing sunglasses indoors? Personally, I’m a prescription glasses wearer so when I’m in my sunglasses l, they frequently stay on wherever since I need them in order not to walk into walls.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #1615 on: June 28, 2023, 02:33:11 PM »
We don't like it when the general public gets mad at us for skating, dressing, or acting how we want. Yet skaters hate on other skaters for how they dress, how they skate, how they talk, etc. It's not really any different than the general public trying to get you to conform.

If it's not "take off the sunglasses indoors", it's "take off the hat indoors". As if we're all supposed to subscribe to some conservative manners. Is this your dinner table and you've been offended? Expressing these complaints will only cause most skaters to rebel more against your rules.

Lol shutup this is slap

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1616 on: June 28, 2023, 02:41:18 PM »
I’m convinced you’d be getting a better response if your handle was Gnarkulla.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1617 on: June 28, 2023, 02:45:16 PM »
yeah dude this is slap can i please have $200

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #1618 on: June 28, 2023, 04:15:53 PM »
The most important takeaway from that episode is that Crail didn’t necessarily drop the ball on Hosea, he just got broke off filming, therefore Crail probably decided to hold off on putting him fully on.  Huge bummer, hope he comes back stronger.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #1619 on: June 28, 2023, 04:20:51 PM »
I’ve come to realize that if you slam or trip wearing sunglasses you look 50% dumber….it’s funny but it’s not unreasonable to question if it’s worth it.