Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64242 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2020, 10:24:06 AM »
Ordered some Adidas Tyshawn last night, excited to try them. Anyone else in here skate these yet? I’ve heard they’re lace eaters but aside from that they’re a solid shoe

Haven’t skated mine enough to eat laces. Solid shoe. Surprised at the value, so far. Real reasonable retail. Just got the solid black w/gold accents. Suede is showing discoloration quickly, but no seams, stitches, or gluing is popping. I like the shoe. Insole is minimal, put some running insoles in. I like the height, and the overall shape, from a functionality standpoint. Not my fave looking shoe. The sole rubber is firm, hard even,  not necessarily in a bad way. My last shoe was the most recent ave shoe and that shoe was also very firm. The ave was probably more stable, felt very difficult to roll an ankle in that shoe. These tj’s and my body mechanics result in a little lean, inward (I’ve forgotten which that is? Supination?), but it’s workable for sure. Overall a good shoe. My last 4 shoes that I’ve liked (outside of aj1s which I was trying to stick with) have been the legacy slim, proto, ave, and now these. And I’d rate them all pretty well.
Trying to hold out for tiagos

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2020, 11:52:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Ordered some Adidas Tyshawn last night, excited to try them. Anyone else in here skate these yet? I’ve heard they’re lace eaters but aside from that they’re a solid shoe
[close]

Haven’t skated mine enough to eat laces. Solid shoe. Surprised at the value, so far. Real reasonable retail. Just got the solid black w/gold accents. Suede is showing discoloration quickly, but no seams, stitches, or gluing is popping. I like the shoe. Insole is minimal, put some running insoles in. I like the height, and the overall shape, from a functionality standpoint. Not my fave looking shoe. The sole rubber is firm, hard even,  not necessarily in a bad way. My last shoe was the most recent ave shoe and that shoe was also very firm. The ave was probably more stable, felt very difficult to roll an ankle in that shoe. These tj’s and my body mechanics result in a little lean, inward (I’ve forgotten which that is? Supination?), but it’s workable for sure. Overall a good shoe. My last 4 shoes that I’ve liked (outside of aj1s which I was trying to stick with) have been the legacy slim, proto, ave, and now these. And I’d rate them all pretty well.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve skated AJ1’s and currently sitting on some legacy slims so if they’re as good as those then I’ll be fine. Looking forward to those Tiago’s as well

Theeogbiing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • Taught Bieber how to skate.
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2020, 02:39:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Now that you mentioned it, what about the liberty cup? I'm eyeing the chewy ones.
[close]
seconded. yet to see them in the wild on feet let alone on slap. i really like the look of them

Chewys/Liberty Cup is pretty bulky, but from what I've seen they seem to skate really good. Just dont skate often enough to try a new kick out rn, so they are sitting pretty.
You ever suck 7 dicks at once? No? Me either then....

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2020, 09:13:15 PM »
Supra Elevate?

Looking for a somewhat thin cupsole and they look promising.

I just wish Reebok would make a durable version of the Club C/Revenge with a bit more padding.

They are pretty stiff out the box and take a little while to break in. Leather wears quickly, at least in the white pairs have. Kind of a weird shaped shoe with a narrower toebox than I expected. Find them for cheap they might be worth it.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »
Anyone skated the Rowley Classics? I've got some but I'm apprehensive about the nubuck material they're made of

Probably skated around 5 pairs before they re-released them. Not sure what changes they've made but can say the original ones didn't last long at all.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2020, 09:36:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

very surprised to hear the ave felt that stable for preventing rolls, always thought they looked like they’d destroy my ankle. really love the Proto aside from my heel blisters breaking in, recently scooped legacy slims and im looking forward to skating them. heel support is big for me and it looks like I’m on a similar shoe trajectory as you.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2020, 11:43:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

very surprised to hear the ave felt that stable for preventing rolls, always thought they looked like they’d destroy my ankle. really love the Proto aside from my heel blisters breaking in, recently scooped legacy slims and im looking forward to skating them. heel support is big for me and it looks like I’m on a similar shoe trajectory as you.

My feeling with the AVE’s was that the shoe felt very stable, felt like my foot was lower in the shoe, no tippy. I feel more in the sole than on top.  remember the shoe being cut low, so there was no protection from shark bites.
The legacy slims were really decent for me. Great value, decent cushioning, shoe lasted longer than I expected, width was perfect for my narrow heel, wider forefoot. Slightly less volume in the toe, materials were kinda stiff.
Tbh I probably like Jordan’s more than any of these shoes.
 The Protos and the tyshawns probably felt the most similar, both are more narrow, harder sole.

It’s been so long since I skated regularly, and longer still since I was decent enough to have opinions worth sharing.
Ability and dedication aside, I also change my equipment around, and have never been the type to say, skate only blazers for a year straight. So I don’t have a ‘control’ to reference back to. I’m usually looking for a cupsole, but after that🤷🏻‍♂️. I trust anyone will take these ramblings with a grain of salt.

Threadz

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2020, 06:03:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Now that you mentioned it, what about the liberty cup? I'm eyeing the chewy ones.
[close]
seconded. yet to see them in the wild on feet let alone on slap. i really like the look of them
[close]

Ive has these for a little while but just started breaking them in. I have only been riding around the neighborhood so far. I really like them.

[close]

Thirded. They're currently half price on the Adidas AUS store, so I'm pretty tempted by 'em. Just not sure about sizing as Adidas tends to be all over the shop. E.g. Buz Pro = US10, Buz Vulc = US10.5, Lucas ADV & 3ST.003 = US9.5. How'd you go with sizing your pair chris.?
[close]

For me it was true to size. I have Campus ADV and 3ST.004 tts but with 3ST.003 it was half size down.

Legend. I still haven't decided if I want to pull the trigger on them yet... Have you had actual skate time in them? Do they feel as bulky as they look?

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2020, 03:42:49 PM »
Has anyone skated the emerica dissent? They look pretty much like a marana clone with emerica logo.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2020, 10:02:26 AM »
Are all Blazers the same? Thin upper and not very long lasting?
I really enjoy skating them, but after using the Matchbreak Super, Nike feel so sketchy thin and flimsy.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2020, 11:14:42 AM »
I have 3 pairs of blazers that I picked up cuz people on here were raving about the mids.

I bought the orange label mids (white) which are reasonably thick, good quality, and super comfy.

The GT blazer which is fairly thin but skated well straight out of the box and have a nice flick but fit kinda long and I have trouble heelflipping in them for reasons I can't explain.

3rd pair is some lows with a rubber toe cap that I got for a good price and they are kinda snug around the pinky toe and stupid thin on the ollie area I imagine I'll have to shoegoe them before skating in them they aren't super comfortable but I don't think they make them anymore.

My guess is the standard blazer mid is the way to go like people say but for 115 cad and never going on sale I haven't bothered trying them as of yet. When my orange labels get cooked (skating them currently) I might try a standard pair.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:17:59 AM by JudoOrigami »

Vintagebody

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 11:22:45 AM »
Sweet! Thanks! I'll try some mids then, before I leave Blazers behind forever :D

And ye, ive had 2 pairs of standard blazers, and one of them seemed to be lesser quality, tho both get ollie holes quick. 
I do have a pair of blazer GT's, but I love the colorway so I wont skate them yet.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:24:51 AM by Vintagebody »

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2020, 01:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ive has these for a little while but just started breaking them in. I have only been riding around the neighborhood so far. I really like them.

[close]

Thirded. They're currently half price on the Adidas AUS store, so I'm pretty tempted by 'em. Just not sure about sizing as Adidas tends to be all over the shop. E.g. Buz Pro = US10, Buz Vulc = US10.5, Lucas ADV & 3ST.003 = US9.5. How'd you go with sizing your pair chris.?
[close]

For me it was true to size. I have Campus ADV and 3ST.004 tts but with 3ST.003 it was half size down.
[close]

Legend. I still haven't decided if I want to pull the trigger on them yet... Have you had actual skate time in them? Do they feel as bulky as they look?

Definitely felt weird at first but like any other shoe, you will get used it. The sole comes REALLY high on the heelflip area so that kinda trips me out still. Not the best but also not the worst would be my opinion on them.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 03:50:28 PM »
Anybody skate cons fastbreaks? it seems all of them now are mostly nylon which looks like it would explode quickly. Wish I snagged the all suede al davis ones

ballintoohard

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2020, 07:38:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Might be past the point of finding them, but anybody want to describe this shoe so we can live/skate vicariously through the emotions?
Preferably, not the person in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLcJ_iOfum4
[close]

I've only had a couple sessions on them.  I've skated Adidas for the last 6 years (Busenitz ADV, Busenitz Pro, Suciu ADV and ADV II).

They feel pretty solid.  My favorite feature is the outsole pattern doesn't pick up pebbles.  The outsole material seems firmer to me.  Probably haven't properly broken them in.

The toebox is a bit more spacious width-wise then I'm used to.

Overall, just a nice, low profile cupsole.

These are the worst shoes I've ever skated and I skated in the puffy shoe days. I felt the sole was like a crayon and stiff/insensitive. I normally skate Blazers, Bruins, sometimes Dunks or Old Schools. I've had a few cupsoles I've liked, but these were atrocious.

ballintoohard

« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2020, 07:41:06 PM »
To the person asking about Vans sizing they're the same as they always are for me. The different insoles can make them feel tighter, but I swap the insoles out immediately if they're the super thick cush ones. I've skated/worn vans since 1998 and always been a 10

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2020, 12:28:43 AM »
posted this in another thread, but decided to post here too seeing as how the other thread wasn’t appropriate for the question. but, has anyone skated the emerica provost “providers”?
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -20
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2020, 05:43:21 AM »
can anyone give me an idea of how long the leather blazer mids last? I found a pair for a good price but im skeptical on the leather since my louie lopez converses got a hole after the 2nd time skating them

Vintagebody

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2020, 07:10:16 AM »
can anyone give me an idea of how long the leather blazer mids last? I found a pair for a good price but im skeptical on the leather since my louie lopez converses got a hole after the 2nd time skating them

Ive not tried leather blazers, but blazers in general get ollie holes exceptionally fast...
Considering Nike owns Cons, I expect nothing different

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2020, 08:10:04 AM »
posted this in another thread, but decided to post here too seeing as how the other thread wasn’t appropriate for the question. but, has anyone skated the emerica provost “providers”?

answered in the other, but gonna copy here:

Skated 5 pairs of them last year. Really good shoe, takes one session of breaking in that can be a bit hurtful, but if you get used to the "anti-slip" insole, it's a great shoe with amazing board feel and great grip. They last me around 4 weeks with ~4-5 days of skating each week. First thing to go is the grip of the sole, way before I could get through the upper material.
Love Emerica! Skated the Provider, the Hsu and my favorite after a long break in: The Winkowski. Still not sure what my favorite shoe is... benchmark for me is the Lucas Puig. Kind of love/hate the Busenitz Pro (havent tried the vulc). Cons Hi seem great to me for three sessions, then they feel sooooo flat... any suggestions?

ballintoohard

« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2020, 10:45:15 AM »

Slower than Cons, faster than some others. It weirdly seems to depend on the model and color. For some reason some of them seem to have a "wider" midsole and the leather isn't at such a vertical angle. I've had pairs go months with no holes (but obvious wear) and others get them in a few weeks.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2020, 01:21:42 PM »
For anyone who has skates the Vans Rowan Pros...does the new sole formula hold up any better than on the regular pro classics?

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2020, 01:25:36 PM »
For anyone who has skates the Vans Rowan Pros...does the new sole formula hold up any better than on the regular pro classics?

http://www.weartested.com/vans-rowan-pro/
hardly art, hardly starving

tony mugu

• Rep: -1
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2020, 01:50:45 PM »
just got done with almost 2 pairs of DC Legacy Slims

Highly recommend them if you can find them on sale they last a good while (I bought white ones size 10 last summer and black ones size 9 last September) and the white ones have just only now broken beyond skate (hole in kickflip area and sole) the black ones still have some life in as I’ve been alternating.

I would however recommend putting in a different insole as the stock DC one feels great for like a week then it’s shit. I used the vans ultracush.

Regarding size I preferred the bigger size 10 shoe over a 9. Both fit well and most likely true to size but with the 10 I feel like I had a bit of extra real estate to flick with.

Anyone got any details on OG Lynx’s? The price point for thin vulcanised shoes I cannot justify. I watched a video of a guy reviewing them from here but I felt it was too brief.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2020, 03:15:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks, that sold me on them.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2020, 05:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i’d certainly recommend them, too.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2020, 06:32:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
i’d certainly recommend them, too.

For me, vans pro classics (particularly Half Cab Pros) are they shoe that fits, skates, and looks the best. I just get bummed on the fact that the soles wear through so fast. The Rowans look super sick, and if Vans is doing something about the soles then I am so down.

t0mmywr1ght3rd

• Rep: 2
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2020, 06:14:39 PM »
Anybody skate cons fastbreaks? it seems all of them now are mostly nylon which looks like it would explode quickly. Wish I snagged the all suede al davis ones

really comfortable shoes, for some reason the leather ones felt more comfortable to me.. the suede version just felt oddly stiff to me. in terms of durability though the leather ones ripped up super quick as opposed to the suede version. also the laces seemed really thin and ripped in like 3 sessions

probably my fav pair of cons in terms of comfort esp if it  has the lunarlon insoles

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2020, 06:54:00 AM »

Anyone got any details on OG Lynx’s? The price point for thin vulcanised shoes I cannot justify. I watched a video of a guy reviewing them from here but I felt it was too brief.
What do you want to know? I’ve had 3 pair, my true size is 11US and that’s what all 3 of my pair have been and they are a great fitting shoe. I dont get heel slip. They last a long time. The insole is alright but similar to the legacy 98 but they are still really comfy. I’ve skated all 3 mostly with the stock insoles and I almost always swap out insoles for shoes but haven’t with the lynx except for a couple times to test out other insoles and found that I didn’t need a thicker insole.

I never have any issue with breaking in new shoes but I don’t find that to be the case for a lot of other skateboarders.

The sole gets decently flexible, the board feel is chill/is a non issue for me (but keep in mind I’m not that good at skateboarding so if you’re a lot better than me, then board feel is probably more important to you). Not gonna be as good boardfeel as the legacy slim but it’s not hard to get used to (for me at least). I put them straight on out of the box and start skating them and they are great.
Sole gets decently flexable or after 2 sessions for me. And excellently flexable after a couple weeks.

Def one of the most durable and comfortable cupsoles on the market imo.

Not sure if my video is the one you’re talking about being too brief but if it was mine, I would like to know what you think I could have done to improve the review and give the watcher more information, thanks.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

skatefresh

• Rep: 21
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2020, 08:18:52 AM »
Anyone skated the dc legacy vac? I'm on my second pair or regular ones and copped the these on ebay for $35.