Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64281 times)

Quique

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 52
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 10:51:01 AM »
Now that you mentioned it, what about the liberty cup? I'm eyeing the chewy ones.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »
Anyone tried Adidas 3st.001 Or 002? With the 002 specifically do they stay tight or do they start to kind of rattle around as they get older and how much of a pain in the ass is it to put them on and take them off?

Also has anyone tried the original Suciu ADV? How do they stack up against the adv 2?

For reference, I typically skate vulcs and I like my shoes to be fairly flexible but still have some padding. I

I skated both and found the originals to be slightly bulkier/longer than the II's.  I loved the II's, and just like the Busenitz ADV which I also loved, Adidas seemingly pulled the plug.  Wish Verso would've dropped when the II's did.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2020, 12:30:30 PM »
Now that you mentioned it, what about the liberty cup? I'm eyeing the chewy ones.
seconded. yet to see them in the wild on feet let alone on slap. i really like the look of them
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Yossi

• Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2020, 12:45:00 PM »
How is the heel lock on the Spanky G6?

I got a pair of the Lakai Newports for super cheap, and I could crank the laces tight and still be able to slide my foot out of the shoe. Garbage

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 12:50:08 PM »
Anyone tried Adidas 3st.001 Or 002? With the 002 specifically do they stay tight or do they start to kind of rattle around as they get older and how much of a pain in the ass is it to put them on and take them off?

I skated the 002's for a while and they skated really well, only problem for me was that I got the hideous black and red Nak colorway (they were on sale for $30 and I wanted to try the shoe) and I hated the way they looked on my feet, but again, probably just a color thing. They lasted a while for me, they fit snug enough, but weren't hard to get off my feet, good flick etc.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »
Provider anyone?

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2020, 06:03:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Super thin vulc lover here.

Boardfeel and grip are def my top priorities.

I wish I liked cupsoles, especially Adidas. Busenitz are one of my favorite looking shoes. Can't stand skating them. Heel always slips out, tongue falls to the side and the tall heel throws off my balance big time.

I bought some 3St.004s for super cheap, knowing they'd just be for chill. My heel and the tongue stays put, but the tall heel still would mess with my skating.
[close]

And this is why Nike, specifically the Blazer GT, is my fav shoe.
Thin vulc sole. The sole's height is low, creating more a cup feel to the flick. Tongue has straps. Many lace holes so you can really get locked in. They have a huge drawback, and thats durability.
Thanks for the heads ups. I’ve never really given them a good look.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2020, 07:13:06 AM »
Might be past the point of finding them, but anybody want to describe this shoe so we can live/skate vicariously through the emotions?
Preferably, not the person in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLcJ_iOfum4

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2020, 07:50:39 AM »
Might be past the point of finding them, but anybody want to describe this shoe so we can live/skate vicariously through the emotions?
Preferably, not the person in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLcJ_iOfum4

I've only had a couple sessions on them.  I've skated Adidas for the last 6 years (Busenitz ADV, Busenitz Pro, Suciu ADV and ADV II).

They feel pretty solid.  My favorite feature is the outsole pattern doesn't pick up pebbles.  The outsole material seems firmer to me.  Probably haven't properly broken them in.

The toebox is a bit more spacious width-wise then I'm used to.

Overall, just a nice, low profile cupsole. 

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2020, 12:14:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Super thin vulc lover here.

Boardfeel and grip are def my top priorities.

I wish I liked cupsoles, especially Adidas. Busenitz are one of my favorite looking shoes. Can't stand skating them. Heel always slips out, tongue falls to the side and the tall heel throws off my balance big time.

I bought some 3St.004s for super cheap, knowing they'd just be for chill. My heel and the tongue stays put, but the tall heel still would mess with my skating.
[close]

And this is why Nike, specifically the Blazer GT, is my fav shoe.
Thin vulc sole. The sole's height is low, creating more a cup feel to the flick. Tongue has straps. Many lace holes so you can really get locked in. They have a huge drawback, and thats durability.
[close]
Thanks for the heads ups. I’ve never really given them a good look.
if you shoe goo them they last forever though, ran a pair way longer than i usually do with skate shoes and managed to wear through the soles, went through a crazy amount of laces though.

fakienoseslide

• Rep: 4
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2020, 06:05:22 AM »
Has anyone skated new old skool pros that came out this year? I'm talking about the blackout colorway if that matters.

Just got mine from the mail and it feels like vans has changed the sizing. Last time when I tried these on a couple years ago, my true size was perfectly snug. Now it feels like there is a little bit of extra in front of my toes and I'm contemplating on getting a half size smaller or at least I would need to try a half size smaller to be sure.

I went down a half a size for ave pros and after some painful days it turned out to be a good decicion. The shoes were long enough but really just squishing my toes from the sides.

Has anyone else noticed this or has staying inside made me crazy?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2020, 06:31:29 AM »
Has anyone skated new old skool pros that came out this year? I'm talking about the blackout colorway if that matters.

Just got mine from the mail and it feels like vans has changed the sizing. Last time when I tried these on a couple years ago, my true size was perfectly snug. Now it feels like there is a little bit of extra in front of my toes and I'm contemplating on getting a half size smaller or at least I would need to try a half size smaller to be sure.

I went down a half a size for ave pros and after some painful days it turned out to be a good decicion. The shoes were long enough but really just squishing my toes from the sides.

my blackout OS pros (Ultracush, not popcush) didn’t fit me the best and hurt my toes. My tts is typically a 12.5 which they don’t make so I’ve worn 12 in vans. That could be the issue. Same thing kind of happens in the Rowan’s but not as bad.  Probably trying 13 next but getting used to the almost-too-big feeling is weird.

fakienoseslide

• Rep: 4
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2020, 09:36:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
my blackout OS pros (Ultracush, not popcush) didn’t fit me the best and hurt my toes. My tts is typically a 12.5 which they don’t make so I’ve worn 12 in vans. That could be the issue. Same thing kind of happens in the Rowan’s but not as bad.  Probably trying 13 next but getting used to the almost-too-big feeling is weird.

Yeah, I personally can't do too big shoes when skating. But you're saying you can do 0.5 size smaller with old skool pros?

I just emailed the skateshop and they told me that they'll send me the 10.5 shoes and I'll send back the ones I am not keeping. Great service that understand skaters is why you support your local shops. I'm gonna loose a couple euros on the return fees but fuck it, better this than not being sure.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2020, 09:57:48 AM »
if you cut the tongues on busenitz pros you don't deserve them
:) I must have been tripping last night

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:24 AM »
lol struck a nerve with that comment. I’m all set w them anyway. Haven’t heard good things.

sharkbarf

• Rep: 1
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2020, 11:12:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Busenitz pro. Half size down, $28 worth it? New from adidas. I always try to convince myself but usually pass..
[close]
It’s that fucking tongue man. It falls to the side and you have a pillow between the side of your foot and the side of the shoe making ollies and shit feel weird. Maybe it’s my super flat foot causing the tongue to shift? I don’t know but that’s what keeps me from getting another pair. Elastic tongue straps should come standard with all puffy shoes.
[close]
yeah... I’d plan on cutting the tongue down but still same issue and it’s been well documented as a flaw with them
[close]
I skated a pair of Busenitz when the first came out, and they were weird but ok if I remember.

BUT I got another pair recently just for casual/work shoes since Adidas had them for cheap.
I think I pretty much hate the shoe at this point. My heel slips like crazy, the tongue is poorly designed, and I tried skating them once and remembered how bad the heel raise is.
I honestly can't wait to take them off after a long day and just feel bad NOT wearing something I paid for.

Same experience. Now I push like Busenitz and it helps my heel from slipping out. I look like an idiot because I don’t skate as fast as he does but as soon as this pair is finished I’ll be back to pushing normal.

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2020, 08:53:36 AM »
How is the heel lock on the Spanky G6?

I got a pair of the Lakai Newports for super cheap, and I could crank the laces tight and still be able to slide my foot out of the shoe. Garbage

I didn't have any issues with the heel lock. I had issues with the shoe looking dumb on my foot. I also prefer a bit more padding in the sides of the shoe and these are pretty minimal. That being said I liked the flick and they've got the same sole as the Reynolds G6, which was why I bought them. I won't however, be buying another pair. Also seemed to rip my laces frequently. Those metal eyelets and my grip would murder my laces.

I really hope emerica starts making a similar shoe to the last Reynolds soon. I'm hoarding 4 or 5 more pairs of those.

Currently skating the Adidas 3st.004. I'm not super into its elevated heel.

Edited because I forgot to mention the laces issue.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:25:59 AM by flintstagram »

JonoHawk9n3

• Rep: -1
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »

1000% agree with this! ::)

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2020, 07:40:45 PM »
Anyone own DC Maswells?

Whats strange is all the colors except the white look like they have suede lower/side/flick panels. Il ike the white most but they look leather all all over. but im not sure. Also how do they feel?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:38:45 PM by lazer69 »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2020, 09:03:05 PM »
I found some 3st.004s on sale in my size in a good color but they felt ridiculously narrow in the middle. I don’t have a wide foot at all but it looked like my foot was spilling over the sides and it was kind of painful. Maybe they break in but my first reaction was that my instep looked like Thunder in Big Trouble In Little China.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2020, 11:32:47 PM »
Supra Elevate?

Looking for a somewhat thin cupsole and they look promising.

I just wish Reebok would make a durable version of the Club C/Revenge with a bit more padding.

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2020, 12:24:00 AM »
Anyone skated the Rowley Classics? I've got some but I'm apprehensive about the nubuck material they're made of
Total newbie

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2020, 04:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
seconded. yet to see them in the wild on feet let alone on slap. i really like the look of them

Ive has these for a little while but just started breaking them in. I have only been riding around the neighborhood so far. I really like them.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:15:41 AM by chris. »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2020, 12:07:13 PM »
Anyone skated or owned that new Copa Nationale?
I’ve tried Gatos and my foot looked like it was melting out of them. Are they similar?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2020, 03:11:23 PM »
I’ve tried Gatos and my foot looked like it was melting out of them. Are they similar?

Check the previous page.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2020, 06:08:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Check the previous page.

Completely forgot. May wait for a Pal to post it. Didn't seem bad from that sites review. I'll wait until shops open to try them in person.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Threadz

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2020, 10:36:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ive has these for a little while but just started breaking them in. I have only been riding around the neighborhood so far. I really like them.

Thirded. They're currently half price on the Adidas AUS store, so I'm pretty tempted by 'em. Just not sure about sizing as Adidas tends to be all over the shop. E.g. Buz Pro = US10, Buz Vulc = US10.5, Lucas ADV & 3ST.003 = US9.5. How'd you go with sizing your pair chris.?

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2020, 11:47:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Thirded. They're currently half price on the Adidas AUS store, so I'm pretty tempted by 'em. Just not sure about sizing as Adidas tends to be all over the shop. E.g. Buz Pro = US10, Buz Vulc = US10.5, Lucas ADV & 3ST.003 = US9.5. How'd you go with sizing your pair chris.?

For me it was true to size. I have Campus ADV and 3ST.004 tts but with 3ST.003 it was half size down.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2020, 10:00:11 AM »
Ordered some Adidas Tyshawn last night, excited to try them. Anyone else in here skate these yet? I’ve heard they’re lace eaters but aside from that they’re a solid shoe