Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64266 times)

listentoaheartbeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2021, 10:27:16 AM »
Any experiences with the Force 58? I don’t have many options at US15, these look like a more stable one when it comes to Nike.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 12:09:22 PM by listentoaheartbeat »

Fhk

« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »
I ordered some Bruin reacts, and I was wondering if anyone knows if they skate like blazer lo's?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2021, 09:44:39 AM »
I ordered some Bruin reacts, and I was wondering if anyone knows if they skate like blazer lo's?

The soles are very different. Blazers (I've only skated regular, not GTs) have a thicker outsole and a thinner, firmer Zoom insole, whereas the Bruin reacts have a thin outsole with a thick react insole. The react is a lot cushier and more responsive than zoom and overall they feel softer underfoot. Also, the outsole on the bruins feels a little softer and grippier than the wrap on a blazer, so the flick feels a little stickier.

I think it comes down to preference but I absolutely love the Bruin Reacts. I have a pair of blazers on Ice but when the time comes to buy new shoes I'll be getting more Bruins.

Fhk

« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2021, 10:00:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The soles are very different. Blazers (I've only skated regular, not GTs) have a thicker outsole and a thinner, firmer Zoom insole, whereas the Bruin reacts have a thin outsole with a thick react insole. The react is a lot cushier and more responsive than zoom and overall they feel softer underfoot. Also, the outsole on the bruins feels a little softer and grippier than the wrap on a blazer, so the flick feels a little stickier.

I think it comes down to preference but I absolutely love the Bruin Reacts. I have a pair of blazers on Ice but when the time comes to buy new shoes I'll be getting more Bruins.
Thanks for that, Im skating Blazer vapors now so Im used to the soft outsole. Im exited to try the bruins even more now.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #574 on: August 31, 2021, 08:09:20 AM »
Emerica G6 Tilt Vulc

Waves of nostalgia hit, kind of remind me of Ellingtons. Appreciate a review that isn't YouTube trash.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #575 on: August 31, 2021, 10:54:33 AM »
I find the Bruins uncomfortably narrow, but otherwise very comfy. Tried on the Puigs today to see if they are similar but they didn’t feel nearly as narrow so I might have to look for them on sale in the future.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Yossi

• Rep: 20
« Reply #576 on: August 31, 2021, 01:12:42 PM »
Emerica G6 Tilt Vulc

Waves of nostalgia hit, kind of remind me of Ellingtons. Appreciate a review that isn't YouTube trash.
I liked this shoe a lot. It fits and skates a lot like the Reynolds 3 with the g6 insole. Your foot sits deep in the shoe and has great heel lock (which is the most important thing for my bad ankles). They lasted surprisingly long for an Emerica also. It's the most supportive vulc Emerica offers. I did not like the Pillar which has almost no heel lock despite being a mid. The back of the shoe has no contour or anything so it just rubbed and mashed against my heel.

s0sa

• Rep: 9
« Reply #577 on: August 31, 2021, 10:04:56 PM »
Adidas Forum 84s or Pro Models? Both are high tops and are in the same relative price range, but sadly no stores around me have them in stock to even get an idea of fit.

can’t stress enough how hard i been trying to get my hands on a few more pairs.. skated 2 pairs in a row of the chalk white 84 adv and it’s been my favorite shoe since. they last forever. just took some getting used to after skating so many vulcs.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #578 on: August 31, 2021, 11:30:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Emerica G6 Tilt Vulc

[close]
I liked this shoe a lot. It fits and skates a lot like the Reynolds 3 with the g6 insole. Your foot sits deep in the shoe and has great heel lock (which is the most important thing for my bad ankles). They lasted surprisingly long for an Emerica also. It's the most supportive vulc Emerica offers. I did not like the Pillar which has almost no heel lock despite being a mid. The back of the shoe has no contour or anything so it just rubbed and mashed against my heel.

Thanks for the review, I closed the website after looking at my horde of shoes staring back at me. But soon....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2021, 07:22:03 AM »

Said it before on here: Love the Bruin Reacts, currently have to skate Blazer Mids I had on ice, but the Bruins are the perfect blend of everything for me (narrower foot here). Compared to Blazer Lows, the sole is not as sticky to the ground, which I like. Ruined my ankle for three months on a pair of new Blazer Lows cause the just stopped my foot and... you get the picture. The sole on bruins is still sticky enough on griptape, which is an amazing combo for me. Blazer Lows (GT and non GT) also feel thinner and have not nearly as much support for your feet. I have the same board feel on Bruins and Blazers (Mids+Lows), but the React insole never lets my feet hurt after or during (normal) sessions.
Already miss my last pair of Bruins and will definitely skate them again.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #580 on: September 06, 2021, 10:50:42 PM »
Still on the hunt for a shoe that blends the best of vulc and cupsole.

Flip tricks feel best in vulcs, but my feet ache badly after, and wear down fast. Maybe I'm dragging wrong but the outsole of my shoes wear down very fast, 1 session in and the but of vulc sole that protrudes is getting worn pretty close to the upper. I go Shoe Goo crazy but it's good for 1/2 a session before it stops gripping the board.

Looking for a recommendation for something that blends both.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #581 on: September 07, 2021, 01:37:26 AM »
What's the most consistent brand with sizing? I know Adidas are all over the place but I just bought some city cups from Depop that were apparently TTS and they're a half size too big. I've had the best luck with State but i'm not doing vulcs anymore.

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #582 on: September 07, 2021, 06:25:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the new lucas puig adidas model?
How where they?
[close]
Super nice, only downfall is that laces untie like crazy. Besides that they're perfect.
Comfy, good boardfeel, decent cushioning and super stylish.

I don't know if you know this, but your laces are coming undone probably because of the way you tie your shoes. A buddy of mine showed me this and it actually works.

Basically, it comes down to which way you tie your shoes, and the direction you put the lace after you make the loop and pull the lace through. If you take the lace over the loop and pull it though, instead of under the loop and pull it through, it will come loose all the time. It's hard to explain, but it legit works.

If you look at your lace knot, and the piece of lace that is between the two loops is slightly crooked, and not straight parallel with your foot, you're tying  it the "wrong way," and that's why your laces come undone all the time.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #583 on: September 07, 2021, 07:04:26 AM »
Just pull the upper apart where the eyelets with your knot are. If the knot turns, its no good.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #584 on: September 07, 2021, 07:08:07 AM »

Flip tricks feel best in vulcs, but my feet ache badly after, and wear down fast. Maybe I'm dragging wrong but the outsole of my shoes wear down very fast, 1 session in and the but of vulc sole that protrudes is getting worn pretty close to the upper. I go Shoe Goo crazy but it's good for 1/2 a session before it stops gripping the board.

440’s are a great start and converted me to cupsoles. They’re decently thin, pretty flexible, great board feel, really stable. The lip near the upper takes a while to wear but I would advise super glue the stitching at the Ollie area.

I rotate those, Blazer mids, Jordan’s, a pair of dunks, and an old pair of leather Bruins and they’re the best overal.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #585 on: September 07, 2021, 08:12:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

440’s are a great start and converted me to cupsoles. They’re decently thin, pretty flexible, great board feel, really stable. The lip near the upper takes a while to wear but I would advise super glue the stitching at the Ollie area.

I rotate those, Blazer mids, Jordan’s, a pair of dunks, and an old pair of leather Bruins and they’re the best overal.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I might give the Blazer Mids a go, can get those easily and they are always on sale. I've worn the regular Blazers as chillers and they are great, hopefully this translates to the mid. The 440s are pretty pricey in my region so I'll have to wait for a sale.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fakie varial flip

« Reply #586 on: September 11, 2021, 09:56:57 AM »
Has anyone tried the Emerica Gammas yet?

I have an incredibly wide forefoot (at the bunyon area) so don't have much luck with shoes other than Vans (old skools especially). I did have the Emerica Spanky G6, which was a sweet shoe, but was slightly too narrow and also slightly too long even though it was a one piece toe. I can tell the Gammas are wider in the middle of the foot, but I am worried about that longer, narrower Emerica toe. Are the Gammas any wider than the Spanky G6 at the forefoot or is there a relevant comparison to Vans anyone can give?

Alright I tried these from the sale on emerica's site a few weeks ago and have skated them for a few weeks. These are good shoes for wide feet if you desire a stiff cupsole. I have absolutely monster wide feet at the ball of the foot (the kind of bone deformity only surgery can fix) and there is still enough room for my toes, luckily I still have a healthy arch but this can make cupsoles really hard to fit into - and I can fit into these just fine TTS. I was really pleased with that. The flick is pretty good, and much better than the spanky g6 I previously tried. Not as good as what I normally skate, but once it broke in didn't inhibit any flip tricks.

I imagine that you could get aftermarket insoles in them, as well. I didn't need to, even without the g6 pour in. My only caveat to this is that they take absolutely forever to break in, and the bottom feels somewhat slick until 3 or so sessions in. Lately I need to skate in flexible shoes, so I'll just keep these around for flatground sessions when I'm learning flip tricks when my feet are sore. These shoes are far too stiff for me, unfortunately, but if you like stiff shoes you could do worse than grabbing these.

Oh, with regard to vans sizing at least - wider than crockett high in the forefoot, slightly slimmer than old skool.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #587 on: September 11, 2021, 10:23:41 AM »
Expand Quote

I have an incredibly wide forefoot (at the bunyon area) so don't have much luck with shoes other than Vans (old skools especially). I did have the Emerica Spanky G6, which was a sweet shoe, but was slightly too narrow and also slightly too long even though it was a one piece toe. I can tell the Gammas are wider in the middle of the foot, but I am worried about that longer, narrower Emerica toe. Are the Gammas any wider than the Spanky G6 at the forefoot or is there a relevant comparison to Vans anyone can give?
[close]

Alright I tried these from the sale on emerica's site a few weeks ago and have skated them for a few weeks. These are good shoes for wide feet if you desire a stiff cupsole. I have absolutely monster wide feet at the ball of the foot (the kind of bone deformity only surgery can fix) and there is still enough room for my toes, luckily I still have a healthy arch but this can make cupsoles really hard to fit into - and I can fit into these just fine TTS. I was really pleased with that. The flick is pretty good, and much better than the spanky g6 I previously tried. Not as good as what I normally skate, but once it broke in didn't inhibit any flip tricks.

I imagine that you could get aftermarket insoles in them, as well. I didn't need to, even without the g6 pour in. My only caveat to this is that they take absolutely forever to break in, and the bottom feels somewhat slick until 3 or so sessions in. Lately I need to skate in flexible shoes, so I'll just keep these around for flatground sessions when I'm learning flip tricks when my feet are sore. These shoes are far too stiff for me, unfortunately, but if you like stiff shoes you could do worse than grabbing these.

Oh, with regard to vans sizing at least - wider than crockett high in the forefoot, slightly slimmer than old skool.

Yeah I had the Figgy Dose with the same sole and I legitimately wore them for 2 full years (I have a lot of shoes I rotate through) before they were broken in enough to skate. That sole is just way too thick. Especially for a shoe like the Dose that's such a basic upper. The sole could be half as thick. No board feel at all.

To be honest, as much as I'm a Soletech guy, I'm not feeling the Gamma at all. Looks like ass once you try it on. My favorite is the eS Swift 1.5. Perfect sole.

phlap

• Rep: 6
« Reply #588 on: September 11, 2021, 12:07:55 PM »
My favorite is the eS Swift 1.5. Perfect sole.

Such a great shoe. My only gripe with them was the flimsy paper-thin insole that they came with. I wonder if they're doing them with thicker ones now? I know the newer Accel Slims have switched over to the thicker ones recently.
-Summer of George-

fakie varial flip

« Reply #589 on: September 11, 2021, 03:46:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I had the Figgy Dose with the same sole and I legitimately wore them for 2 full years (I have a lot of shoes I rotate through) before they were broken in enough to skate. That sole is just way too thick. Especially for a shoe like the Dose that's such a basic upper. The sole could be half as thick. No board feel at all.

To be honest, as much as I'm a Soletech guy, I'm not feeling the Gamma at all. Looks like ass once you try it on. My favorite is the eS Swift 1.5. Perfect sole.

I thought it was just me but it is good to hear that sole is just that hard and stiff. I definitely got airwalk vibes from lacing them all the way up too and was not really into that 🤣

I will say as far as soletech goes, I haven't found a shoe as good as the marana yet - I imagine the swift is pretty similar, given the look of it

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #590 on: September 12, 2021, 12:26:58 AM »

eS Swift 1.5. Perfect sole.

newguy

« Reply #591 on: September 12, 2021, 02:39:19 AM »
I went to my local to try the new Last resort AB collection they received, very solid shoes, and designs that I really liked, I’m sick of logo mania so they were refreshing to look at. Felt very comfortable and they also work with wide feet (!!).

I’m also wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Tiago shoes New Balance has rolled out for some time now, I think they’re NB 1010B? Might be wrong, regardless I like the design and I’m interested to know if they’re comfortable and skate well.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #592 on: September 12, 2021, 11:24:29 AM »
Very comfy for sure, but I didn’t like skating them really. I just never got used to them.
Maybe just a little bit too bulky for me, or maybe the outsole pattern put my flip tricks a little of.
Tiago is sick though and worth supporting so if you like the look, get em

l1ll1ll1

« Reply #593 on: September 12, 2021, 02:41:54 PM »
I went to my local to try the new Last resort AB collection they received, very solid shoes, and designs that I really liked, I’m sick of logo mania so they were refreshing to look at. Felt very comfortable and they also work with wide feet (!!).

I’m also wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Tiago shoes New Balance has rolled out for some time now, I think they’re NB 1010B? Might be wrong, regardless I like the design and I’m interested to know if they’re comfortable and skate well.

1010s are great. Solid sole, good heel protection, narrower on your feet than you might expect. The inner lining of the ankle region was falling apart pretty quick on both pairs I had, but that didn't affect skating at all. Funny enough: Pop felt really good in those... not the grippiest shoes I ever wore on the other hand.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #594 on: September 12, 2021, 02:47:22 PM »
Not exactly a new and exciting gear topic but has anyone skated the Busenitz’s?  Always liked the way they looked.  I was thinking about grabbing a pair of the white leather ones. 

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #595 on: September 12, 2021, 02:56:04 PM »
Not exactly a new and exciting gear topic but has anyone skated the Busenitz’s?  Always liked the way they looked.  I was thinking about grabbing a pair of the white leather ones.

I do. The regular ones. Almost no break in time, and unlike all other skate shoes I tried so far I don‘t break the laces on these. Looks good too.

If you talk about the white leather ones you probably mean the throwback ones. I haven‘t tried those.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

l1ll1ll1

« Reply #596 on: September 12, 2021, 03:00:38 PM »

Skated a pair for a long time two years back. Main thing: Your heel is higher than your toes in the Busenitz, so your foot is slightly tilted forward. You either like this or you don't. Once I had two sessions on another shoe and tried to go back to the Busenitz, I couldnt anymore. Apart from the angled insole: Solid shoe all around, durable, GREAT looks. But in my opinion it's 50:50 if you like or dislike them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 03:16:00 PM by l1ll1ll1 »

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #597 on: September 12, 2021, 03:09:46 PM »

Adding on. Weird shoe but skated and it feels great. The only issue I had was the lack of tongue centering straps. My arches are weird and shoes hurt or they don’t. This were a little off but over all, loved them.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #598 on: September 12, 2021, 03:24:26 PM »

I like my Tiago’s. Probably the skate shoe with the best arch support I’ve ever had in 23 years of skating. Super comfy. I have a narrow foot and it feels kinda wide for me. Try them before you buy them, I find they fit kind of big. I’m a 10 in Nike, DC, Adidas and most Vans and I went with a 9.5 with the Tiago’s. NB’s sizing is always all over the place.

That being said, the leather ones don’t work for me for skating, but the suede ones do. I have a few pairs for chilling.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #599 on: September 12, 2021, 07:19:54 PM »

Thanks for the feedback on the Busenitz’s everyone.  I ended up ordering them in the colorway above.  I’ve been skating mostly vulcs for the past year and I’m looking forward to switching it up with a cupsole for a little bit.  Also, the shape reminds me slightly of the Nike SB Zoom FC’s that I had a super long time ago in high school which skated really well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 04:25:26 AM by big_kev_215 »