Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64245 times)

Jory4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 106
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #660 on: March 17, 2022, 11:14:31 AM »
Ha!! Literally just got these BMX wafflecup slip on pros in the mail yesterday. On sale so I thought worth a punt..

Seem pretty good for old feet so far, quite similar to the America slip cups I’ve just been skating.

Definitely more cushioned than a regular vans slip on pro, maybe the sole feels a tiny bit stiffer under the foot than the skate waffle cup but that might just be. Because they aren’t broken in compared to my crocketts.

Only skated a curb for 20 mins so far but they didn’t stop me landing my meagre bag of tricks so I’m cautiously optimistic they are a winner!

Solex

• Rep: 29
« Reply #661 on: March 21, 2022, 01:30:35 PM »
Hi!

Has anyone skated some Decathlon Oxelo shoes?
Finally just bought these :
https://www.decathlon.com/products/vulca-500-skate-shoe?

Pretty impressed by the overall quality for the moment.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #662 on: March 22, 2022, 06:03:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Hi!

[close]

Never heard of this brand (Decathlon is a French-Canadian discount sporting goods store, for those who may not be aware), but they designed a decent looking basic cupsole:

Unfortunately, it only comes in children's sizes and Halloween candy-looking colours.

Solex

« Reply #663 on: March 22, 2022, 10:10:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hi!

[close]

[close]

Never heard of this brand (Decathlon is a French-Canadian discount sporting goods store, for those who may not be aware), but they designed a decent looking basic cupsole:

Unfortunately, it only comes in children's sizes and Halloween candy-looking colours.
I live in France, and here Decathlon products are known to generally have a fairly amazing price-quality ratio.

First time I buy one of their skate shoe model though.

Speaking of cup sole, these look pretty decent and come in adult sizing :
https://www.decathlon.com/products/adult-skate-shoes-low-top-cupsole-crush-500?adept-product=adult-skate-shoes-low-top-cupsole-crush-500
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 11:51:25 AM by Solex »

Crap

« Reply #664 on: March 23, 2022, 11:09:42 AM »
^^ My bad - thought they were Quebecois French, not French French.

The adult sized cupsole looks okay too, but the design spoke to me more on the kids one. They're only $20, so I'd probably try them if they had my size in stock.

Solex

« Reply #665 on: March 23, 2022, 12:07:55 PM »
^^ My bad - thought they were Quebecois French, not French French.

The adult sized cupsole looks okay too, but the design spoke to me more on the kids one. They're only $20, so I'd probably try them if they had my size in stock.
I totally agree with you about the design, but it's so cheap...

Honestly I always thought Decathlon was a french company, but I don't actually know!

EDIT : just checked, effectively it's Français...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:13:22 PM by Solex »

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #666 on: March 23, 2022, 05:57:10 PM »
Has anyone skated the Lakai Telford Lows? They sort of look quite Dunk like.

Though, the sole doesn't look like it'll last long
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #667 on: March 24, 2022, 06:32:05 AM »
tempted to pull the trigger on the new DC manteca (non-carrots), since i've heard good things about the carrot-kind. However, in pictures they look kinda cheap, I'm worried the toecap will just explode and the heel collar on the regular vs carrot look slimmer. Hoping this isn't some lynx og vs lynx zero situation

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #668 on: March 24, 2022, 03:57:49 PM »
Has any one skated the Joslin Vulc? I was wondering abou the fit, durability, and insole. Those shoes look awesome.

Bumping this. I ordered a pair over quarantine that were the wrong size, and then never tried to re-order. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of info on them but they seemed like really solid shoes. Anyone spend any time in them?

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #669 on: March 24, 2022, 06:55:03 PM »
Nike Ishod?  Heard they were changing the sizing in upcoming drops, but for those with the wheat/gum and older, can I get away with TTS?

Crap

« Reply #670 on: March 29, 2022, 11:01:53 AM »
I'm looking to try out a new cupsole, and have a few options in mind. I haven't seen a lot of reviews or testimonials on the ones I'm thinking about, so hopefully someone on here has tried them.

I have some chronic foot problems, so a big concern for me is the sole. I'm looking for some midsole cushioning (not just an insole on rubber), and stability in the forefoot (too floppy is a dealbreaker). A mid-top is ideal for me because I wear orthotics, but there aren't a lot of cupsole mids around, so a low with a higher collar is fine. I prefer more of a wide/round toebox, rather than pointy or narrow.

Shoes that have worked for me in the past: Nike SB Dunk Mid, Adidas Tyshawn Mid, Adidas Liberty Cup

Shoes that have not worked for me: NB Tiago 1010 (collar too low), NB Westgate 913 (too narrow, weird square toe shape), NB 440 (forefoot too thin), Vans AVE (collar too low), Emerica Spanky G6 (toebox too long/pointy, overall fit too narrow)

I'm currently leaning toward one of: Cons Fastbreak, Vans Fairlane, or Emerica Gamma G6. I also have the Adidas Forum from the non-skate line, and the upcoming new NB Tiago shoe in the back of my mind. No shops near me have any of these in stock right now, so I'd be going in blind ordering online. If anyone has some input on any of those shoes based on my picky little criteria above, I would much appreciate it!

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #671 on: March 29, 2022, 12:11:16 PM »
I'm looking to try out a new cupsole, and have a few options in mind. I haven't seen a lot of reviews or testimonials on the ones I'm thinking about, so hopefully someone on here has tried them.

I have some chronic foot problems, so a big concern for me is the sole. I'm looking for some midsole cushioning (not just an insole on rubber), and stability in the forefoot (too floppy is a dealbreaker). A mid-top is ideal for me because I wear orthotics, but there aren't a lot of cupsole mids around, so a low with a higher collar is fine. I prefer more of a wide/round toebox, rather than pointy or narrow.

Shoes that have worked for me in the past: Nike SB Dunk Mid, Adidas Tyshawn Mid, Adidas Liberty Cup

Shoes that have not worked for me: NB Tiago 1010 (collar too low), NB Westgate 913 (too narrow, weird square toe shape), NB 440 (forefoot too thin), Vans AVE (collar too low), Emerica Spanky G6 (toebox too long/pointy, overall fit too narrow)

I'm currently leaning toward one of: Cons Fastbreak, Vans Fairlane, or Emerica Gamma G6. I also have the Adidas Forum from the non-skate line, and the upcoming new NB Tiago shoe in the back of my mind. No shops near me have any of these in stock right now, so I'd be going in blind ordering online. If anyone has some input on any of those shoes based on my picky little criteria above, I would much appreciate it!
Not much to offer except I recently got the Gamma G6 and was surprised how pointy the toe was and kinda narrow too. I’m hoping they widen out a bit when I start wearing them but based on that I don’t think they would be what you are looking for.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #672 on: March 29, 2022, 12:21:00 PM »
Maybe a pair of Reebok Club C or workout mids? Best feeling midsole imo.

or a pair of DC

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #673 on: March 29, 2022, 11:22:04 PM »
Nike Ishod?  Heard they were changing the sizing in upcoming drops, but for those with the wheat/gum and older, can I get away with TTS?

For me it was odd. I went TTS for what I get in NIKE and they were a tad long, but wouldn't go down because the width was too tight. Plus they didn't do half sizes. So I can't go from a 11 to 10. I just delt with the little bit longerness.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Ronnie Rodriguez

« Reply #674 on: March 30, 2022, 06:10:34 AM »
Folks who have tried both the skate halfcab and the 92 halfcab: do your heels sit differently in each?

I tried the 92s and my heel sits way too high/doesn't feel locked in. I never had this issue with the classics or the pros, but I also realize this could be an across the board thing with skate line and the new(er) insoles.

Crap

« Reply #675 on: March 30, 2022, 10:28:18 AM »
Maybe a pair of Reebok Club C or workout mids? Best feeling midsole imo.

or a pair of DC

I've tried on Club C's and found them a little thinner in the forefoot than I like. Would love to try Workout Mids, but I can't find them in stock anywhere. A few sellers on ebay have them, but I couldn't find my size in any that would ship to Canada at a reasonable price.

I wouldn't be opposed to DC's, but I'm not looking for anything too puffy like the reissues. Maybe the Lynx Zero?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #676 on: April 11, 2022, 08:01:43 AM »
I skated Blazers for a while, then got some new skate Half Cabs and loved them and have been a Vans convert…. Except I hate the Skate Old Skools’ flick. I dunno what it is but they flick like shit. My slip ons are better even.

I’ve been considering Last Resorts as I like a lower/less bulky shoe sometimes, but worry they’d be too flimsy. Can anyone compare or comment on why I’m too dumb for Old Skools?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #677 on: April 11, 2022, 08:53:21 AM »
Folks who have tried both the skate halfcab and the 92 halfcab: do your heels sit differently in each?

I tried the 92s and my heel sits way too high/doesn't feel locked in. I never had this issue with the classics or the pros, but I also realize this could be an across the board thing with skate line and the new(er) insoles.

i have a pair of the 92s and a pair of the regular skate halfcabs and i'm skating both pairs right now, i think i put something like 20 hours of skating into both and they definitely fit different, but i had that problem with the regular ones, they felt more shallow but i switched the insoles on them for old state insoles and they were good. the 92s on the other hand are wider in the toe and forefoot area and all around fit just slightly bigger than the regular version. i'm wearing 9s in both and 92s were perfect from the first day, the regulars were a little tight but broke in quick.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Ronnie Rodriguez

« Reply #678 on: April 11, 2022, 08:55:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i have a pair of the 92s and a pair of the regular skate halfcabs and i'm skating both pairs right now, i think i put something like 20 hours of skating into both and they definitely fit different, but i had that problem with the regular ones, they felt more shallow but i switched the insoles on them for old state insoles and they were good. the 92s on the other hand are wider in the toe and forefoot area and all around fit just slightly bigger than the regular version. i'm wearing 9s in both and 92s were perfect from the first day, the regulars were a little tight but broke in quick.

Thank you so much. I kind of gave up on getting a response but it is good to know it is a similar issue for both.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #679 on: April 11, 2022, 01:30:45 PM »
Well folks weren’t lying when talking about the Ishod’s being narrow and tight fitting around the foot . Im a size 9.5 in every Nike shoe and they feel great usually but 9.5 in the Ishod is very very restricting feeling . Very small shoe besides having a little room in the toe box, where if I went up a size , they’d be too big.

Have they broken in well for anyone ? Can’t decide if I should keep them or put the $100 towards a shoe I will skate

LebowskisRug

« Reply #680 on: April 11, 2022, 01:51:28 PM »
I have just about every current Half Cab and none of them feel any different when you control for materials

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #681 on: April 11, 2022, 09:26:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Has any one skated the Joslin Vulc? I was wondering abou the fit, durability, and insole. Those shoes look awesome.
[close]

Bumping this. I ordered a pair over quarantine that were the wrong size, and then never tried to re-order. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of info on them but they seemed like really solid shoes. Anyone spend any time in them?

Went TTS and it felt right.
Surprisingly little amount of board feel for a Vulc right out the box. Held well, even as a person that shimmys a lot. It’s not as padded as the regular Joslin but pretty padded. It’s nothing to out there but, if you can find it for a reasonable price on sale it’s an okay purchase.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #682 on: April 11, 2022, 10:29:55 PM »

Wheat gum were very tight on me in 9.5, if u can try them on id go half size up at first for sure

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #683 on: May 20, 2022, 02:06:03 PM »
man these Half Cab 92s are nice but they are taking forever to break in, haven't even been able to skate them yet...

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #684 on: May 20, 2022, 02:20:03 PM »

hey @Crap I've been alternating between Nike sb bruin reacts and Blazer mids. The Bruin reacts are incredible. They're a bit thin but stretch out perfect and fit tts for me. The only downside is that there aren't any tongue centering straps. With blazer mids I go tts as well so if you're down to try a vulc, the soles are actually pretty cushioned- especially if you get premiums. I've got wide, flat, achey break feet. 

Crap

« Reply #685 on: May 26, 2022, 05:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hey @Crap I've been alternating between Nike sb bruin reacts and Blazer mids. The Bruin reacts are incredible. They're a bit thin but stretch out perfect and fit tts for me. The only downside is that there aren't any tongue centering straps. With blazer mids I go tts as well so if you're down to try a vulc, the soles are actually pretty cushioned- especially if you get premiums. I've got wide, flat, achey break feet.

This is the encouragement I needed to go try on some Blazer mids. I don't usually do vulcs, but they're some of the nicest looking skate shoes out, and it's not a hassle to get them. Do the premium ones have a different sole than the regular ones?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #686 on: May 26, 2022, 10:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This is the encouragement I needed to go try on some Blazer mids. I don't usually do vulcs, but they're some of the nicest looking skate shoes out, and it's not a hassle to get them. Do the premium ones have a different sole than the regular ones?

I’ve just noticed the soles are a bit thicker on the premium pairs I’ve had. But the regular mids are great too.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #687 on: June 21, 2022, 11:17:27 AM »
What's up with the Kals Vulc? Been curious about them for a while, seems like they're always on sale. Dylan Jaeb was making them look pretty good in his throwaway part. Has anyone skated them and liked them? Do DCs run true to size/same as Vans/Nike?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #688 on: June 21, 2022, 02:18:58 PM »
What's up with the Kals Vulc? Been curious about them for a while, seems like they're always on sale. Dylan Jaeb was making them look pretty good in his throwaway part. Has anyone skated them and liked them? Do DCs run true to size/same as Vans/Nike?

Never skated the Kalis Vulc but most DCs run true to size so I would assume these are, as well. The Evan Smiths (not the Manual but his actual pro shoe) I had were TTS.
Super Champion Fun Zone

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #689 on: June 21, 2022, 02:23:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never skated the Kalis Vulc but most DCs run true to size so I would assume these are, as well. The Evan Smiths (not the Manual but his actual pro shoe) I had were TTS.

Good to know, thank you. The only shoes that i've had to size down on so far are Last Resorts and Converse.