Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 121668 times)

Rattus Localis

Re: new Vans models
« Reply #570 on: June 28, 2021, 04:53:05 AM »
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but has anyone got a good method for removing the glued in insoles that come with Vans classics?

I recently got three pairs of all black Sports absolutely dirt cheap ($40au each) from that Platypus site.

They look amazing but feel like cement boots. I want to put some of my old popcush insoles in there but those fucking insoles won't budge.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #571 on: June 28, 2021, 05:26:52 AM »
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but has anyone got a good method for removing the glued in insoles that come with Vans classics?

I recently got three pairs of all black Sports absolutely dirt cheap ($40au each) from that Platypus site.

They look amazing but feel like cement boots. I want to put some of my old popcush insoles in there but those fucking insoles won't budge.
Hairdryer for like a minute (aiming "inside" of the shoe) and then you should be ok. You could use a metallic ruler or sth similar if you need extra help.
And if you feel like practicing Spanish:
From 4:45
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #572 on: June 28, 2021, 06:33:51 AM »
Finally copped a pair of the new Skate Sk8 Highs (what a goofy naming scheme) and after a few sessions I think these are absolutely an upgrade from the Sk8 High Pros. The tongue straps alone are a huge improvement and make the shoe form to my foot way better. The stiffer sole took a bit longer to break in than its predecessor but they're still retaining their shape well. As far as the physical fit of the shoe the silhouette feels about the same to me. These are the only newer ones I've tried but so far I'm satisfied.

Rattus Localis

« Reply #573 on: June 28, 2021, 06:44:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hairdryer for like a minute (aiming "inside" of the shoe) and then you should be ok. You could use a metallic ruler or sth similar if you need extra help.
And if you feel like practicing Spanish:
From 4:45

Thanks man, I will give that a crack.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #574 on: June 30, 2021, 03:46:29 AM »
Couldn't find a fitting thread for my question so I am going to post it here:

Does somebody know how the Vans style 73 dx fit?
The last vans i bought were the Vans Slip On Pro in 9.5 but i hated those because they where to tight for my wide feed.

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Vans-Anaheim-Factory-Style-73-DX.jpg

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #575 on: June 30, 2021, 06:36:15 AM »

The last vans i bought were the Vans Slip On Pro in 9.5 but i hated those because they where to tight for my wide feed.

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Vans-Anaheim-Factory-Style-73-DX.jpg

if those are the anaheim's go half a size up at least. i wear 10 in most vans skate and when i got those in a size 10 in a wine color they were way too snug on my toes.
good come sausage

Roy Machine

« Reply #576 on: June 30, 2021, 10:28:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if those are the anaheim's go half a size up at least. i wear 10 in most vans skate and when i got those in a size 10 in a wine color they were way too snug on my toes.

Thanks for the Info. I just heard from my local that the anaheims are only distributed via sneaker shops and vans online. Kinda bumms me out.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #577 on: June 30, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the Info. I just heard from my local that the anaheims are only distributed via sneaker shops and vans online. Kinda bumms me out.

That same model was redone in their new Skate build that replaced the Pro build. Used to be called the Epoch Sport Pro and is now just called the Skate Sport, I think. I skated a pair that I just retired, they definitely fit less snug than a Slip On Pro, they stretch pretty well to break in because of all of the suede in the toe and how the lacing opening is situated. I have a wide foot as well.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Roy Machine

« Reply #578 on: July 01, 2021, 12:29:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That same model was redone in their new Skate build that replaced the Pro build. Used to be called the Epoch Sport Pro and is now just called the Skate Sport, I think. I skated a pair that I just retired, they definitely fit less snug than a Slip On Pro, they stretch pretty well to break in because of all of the suede in the toe and how the lacing opening is situated. I have a wide foot as well.

Thanks for the insight. I Just looked it up and the Anaheim 73 dx and the Skate Sport really look nearly identical. Funny Times we live in  ::)

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #579 on: July 01, 2021, 06:16:34 AM »
Went in an ordered a pair of the Eco Theory skate highs. Curious to see what kind of insole they have, looks like they used cork.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #580 on: July 01, 2021, 06:23:05 AM »
Went in an ordered a pair of the Eco Theory skate highs. Curious to see what kind of insole they have, looks like they used cork.

nice, i saw those, they look pretty cool. the slip ons on the other hand look kind of cheap. interested about a little review if only for comfort if you don't plan to skate them.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #581 on: July 01, 2021, 06:55:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nice, i saw those, they look pretty cool. the slip ons on the other hand look kind of cheap. interested about a little review if only for comfort if you don't plan to skate them.

i have the authentic SF's with the cork insole. it's just a cork lining at the top of the insole, the rest of it is standard vans insole construction. i think mine are ultracush.
good come sausage

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #582 on: July 01, 2021, 07:16:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

These will just be for regular wear, but I’ll post when I finally get them
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #583 on: July 01, 2021, 07:34:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

These will just be for regular wear, but I’ll post when I finally get them
I posted a review of the eco theory old skool/38s in the vegan thread.  It's a nice poly insole with just a printed cork lining on the top.  The insole is not quite as thick as popcush/ultracush in the pro skate lines but it's close.  If you ever had a pair of the "made for the makers" series, it's the same insole.

franc

• Rep: 102
« Reply #584 on: July 08, 2021, 02:05:55 PM »
Quote from: @ceeblues
We have changed the construction on the toe on the Crockett 2 to be made with one piece of suede rather than 2. This update will give this shoe more durability and a longer life. It is also more comfortable since there are no seams at the front of the shoe where you get the most wear. 3rd slide are some samples that will be made and some that will not. Maybe we can get @vans to make the marshmallow color again (middle bottom) since we’ve updated the construction. Thanks for stopping by
Expand Quote

[close]

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #585 on: August 07, 2021, 05:32:38 AM »
The new skate line is available for a while now, what is the consensus about them?

I am thinking about trying the skate sk8-hi. Have some halfcab pros and although they are mad comfy, they bag out a lot and aren't snug enough for me for skating.

Are the skate sk8-hi a bit more stiff and snug as the pro line?
IG: @flowterspace

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #586 on: August 10, 2021, 05:44:10 PM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1321
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #587 on: August 10, 2021, 05:50:30 PM »
The new skate line is available for a while now, what is the consensus about them?

I am thinking about trying the skate sk8-hi. Have some halfcab pros and although they are mad comfy, they bag out a lot and aren't snug enough for me for skating.

I can't speak on the Skate Sk8 Hi-s but stiff and snug are two adjectives I would use to describe Skate Half Cabs. I love them and think they are a vast improvement over the Pros but maybe you like the squish? From what I have heard, all of the Skate line have increased stiffness and a tighter fit. I also tried the Slip-Ons and found them to be stiff and snug but felt that ruined the fit and I came away not liking them much.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #588 on: August 10, 2021, 07:22:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I can't speak on the Skate Sk8 Hi-s but stiff and snug are two adjectives I would use to describe Skate Half Cabs. I love them and think they are a vast improvement over the Pros but maybe you like the squish? From what I have heard, all of the Skate line have increased stiffness and a tighter fit. I also tried the Slip-Ons and found them to be stiff and snug but felt that ruined the fit and I came away not liking them much.

a few hours in and I feel the same regarding the skate half cabs. the fit very well and I'd say they're snug but don't squeeze my fairly wide feet (for reference, Adidas, NB#, èS are all too tight on my feet). My feet aren't sore after skating and it feels like there is more support- while there's no arch support per say, my arch/medial ankle-heel isn't dumping or dropping down in these). I guess the thing will be to see how long they stay this way.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

al_cvbrera

« Reply #590 on: August 11, 2021, 06:17:52 AM »
the only reason i haven't tried the new old skool's are because they still have the canvas side panel. i wish they made it all suede. the rowan pro's are top notch though. they've been holding up REALLY well. but as usual, the regular laces rip. just get some unbreakable laces and you're golden.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #591 on: August 11, 2021, 06:28:17 AM »
the only reason i haven't tried the new old skool's are because they still have the canvas side panel. i wish they made it all suede. the rowan pro's are top notch though. they've been holding up REALLY well. but as usual, the regular laces rip. just get some unbreakable laces and you're golden.
The rowans are probably one of my favorite skate shoe. I've been on a cup sole kick for a minute but I'm gonna grab a pair today. They are probably the most supportive vulcanized shoe I've tried so far.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #592 on: August 11, 2021, 06:51:23 AM »
The Rowans are so good. I'm between them and the new Sk8 Highs and I can't decide which I like more.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #593 on: August 11, 2021, 06:53:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The rowans are probably one of my favorite skate shoe. I've been on a cup sole kick for a minute but I'm gonna grab a pair today. They are probably the most supportive vulcanized shoe I've tried so far.
Hell yeah. i didn't like them at first because they were mids but after a while, they feel just as mobile and free as a pair of low tops. i don't even notice the extra height added to them, which is a good thing. the ankle support is there without it being bothersome.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #594 on: August 11, 2021, 06:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Hell yeah. i didn't like them at first because they were mids but after a while, they feel just as mobile and free as a pair of low tops. i don't even notice the extra height added to them, which is a good thing. the ankle support is there without it being bothersome.
Most definitely an amazing shoe. Very supportive without losing board feel and it also looks good with any outfit.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #595 on: August 11, 2021, 07:07:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Most definitely an amazing shoe. Very supportive without losing board feel and it also looks good with any outfit.
best shoe in the whole vans lineup tbh. no gimmicks or stupid see-through sole. just a solidly designed shoe with all the suede where its supposed to be.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #596 on: August 11, 2021, 03:39:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
best shoe in the whole vans lineup tbh. no gimmicks or stupid see-through sole. just a solidly designed shoe with all the suede where its supposed to be.

Add me to the Rowan club. My favorite in the Vans line-up, even if I feel they are sized big (I just wear thick socks).

Sitting on some Persian Night colorways =)

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #597 on: August 11, 2021, 03:54:22 PM »
I want to chime in and also praise the Rowan. The marshmallow colorway is my favorite.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #598 on: August 12, 2021, 02:31:32 PM »
Has anyone picked these up yet?

The grey pair isn't bad.

I impulsed picked up a pair of the grey today (I had to exchange something and was left with store credit so why not), as they felt nice enough ;) Thankfully no clear sole like the Dime colorways (the Navy is sweet tho)

First blush:

Medium arch, can feel it but it's not massive.
The Mesh in the upper is stupid flexible, no toe pinch in the 'crease' area
Wide but also pointy in the toe/tip - the shape is more like a Crockett/TNT/Walker than a Rowan/Half Cab
Popcush is comfy as always
I'm a fan overall of the wafflecup construction since its inception
The lacing system, while touted as something special, isn't but it isn't bad by any means

For sure lighter than the Rowans. Where the Rowans feel like Halfcabs, or a classic Vans these feel like a more tech version of say the Walker. They give off Rowley vibes.

Going to break them in walking for a bit then skate them, but out of the box they feel super skateable (that flexible mesh + flexy wafflecup in the front being the wins here).

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:15:16 PM by Xen »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #599 on: August 12, 2021, 04:14:52 PM »

for those interested. Mesh seems to blow out quick. I have no earthly idea why vans never extends the duracap to cover that area. I blow through that way quicker than my toes on most shoes. The crockett highs and rowans have duracap rubber over the side but I believe most other vans models do not.

I have the dime wayvees and after the video I will def be just using them as chillers