Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 116071 times)

Xen and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #600 on: August 12, 2021, 05:04:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBeln7EdnkQ
for those interested. Mesh seems to blow out quick. I have no earthly idea why vans never extends the duracap to cover that area. I blow through that way quicker than my toes on most shoes. The crockett highs and rowans have duracap rubber over the side but I believe most other vans models do not.

I have the dime wayvees and after the video I will def be just using them as chillers

Thankfully I don't blow out the traditional ollie hole area (no idea why that is, foot angle I feel). Kid killed in that review.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:14:18 PM by Xen »

Powdered Toast Man!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #601 on: August 12, 2021, 05:19:50 PM »
for those interested. Mesh seems to blow out quick. I have no earthly idea why vans never extends the duracap to cover that area. I blow through that way quicker than my toes on most shoes. The crockett highs and rowans have duracap rubber over the side but I believe most other vans models do not.

I have the dime wayvees and after the video I will def be just using them as chillers
oh wow that kid casually fucking killed it for a shoe review lol
he tore a hole to the shoe AND the park !
I saw a story of Justin Henry skating what looked like all black wayvees, gonna hold up for those

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #602 on: August 12, 2021, 05:58:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I saw a story of Justin Henry skating what looked like all black wayvees, gonna hold up for those

Damn whoever that kid is ,he is a ripper. Fucking front willie looked good. Now homie has me thinking if I should try learning willies. Ha

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #603 on: August 12, 2021, 07:25:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Better pic of them here if you scroll down a bit:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=47259.42630
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #604 on: August 12, 2021, 08:08:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Damn whoever that kid is ,he is a ripper. Fucking front willie looked good. Now homie has me thinking if I should try learning willies. Ha

Enjoy your life.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #605 on: August 13, 2021, 12:27:17 AM »
A review of the 'Skate' Authentic.

They hurt my feet too much to even wear.

1/10

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #606 on: August 13, 2021, 01:32:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The new skate line is available for a while now, what is the consensus about them?

I am thinking about trying the skate sk8-hi. Have some halfcab pros and although they are mad comfy, they bag out a lot and aren't snug enough for me for skating.

Are the skate sk8-hi a bit more stiff and snug as the pro line?
[close]
I can't speak on the Skate Sk8 Hi-s but stiff and snug are two adjectives I would use to describe Skate Half Cabs. I love them and think they are a vast improvement over the Pros but maybe you like the squish? From what I have heard, all of the Skate line have increased stiffness and a tighter fit. I also tried the Slip-Ons and found them to be stiff and snug but felt that ruined the fit and I came away not liking them much.
[close]

a few hours in and I feel the same regarding the skate half cabs. the fit very well and I'd say they're snug but don't squeeze my fairly wide feet (for reference, Adidas, NB#, èS are all too tight on my feet). My feet aren't sore after skating and it feels like there is more support- while there's no arch support per say, my arch/medial ankle-heel isn't dumping or dropping down in these). I guess the thing will be to see how long they stay this way.

Thanks to you two, sounds pretty good to me.
IG: @flowterspace

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #607 on: August 13, 2021, 01:37:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The new skate line is available for a while now, what is the consensus about them?

I am thinking about trying the skate sk8-hi. Have some halfcab pros and although they are mad comfy, they bag out a lot and aren't snug enough for me for skating.

Are the skate sk8-hi a bit more stiff and snug as the pro line?
[close]
I can't speak on the Skate Sk8 Hi-s but stiff and snug are two adjectives I would use to describe Skate Half Cabs. I love them and think they are a vast improvement over the Pros but maybe you like the squish? From what I have heard, all of the Skate line have increased stiffness and a tighter fit. I also tried the Slip-Ons and found them to be stiff and snug but felt that ruined the fit and I came away not liking them much.
[close]

a few hours in and I feel the same regarding the skate half cabs. the fit very well and I'd say they're snug but don't squeeze my fairly wide feet (for reference, Adidas, NB#, èS are all too tight on my feet). My feet aren't sore after skating and it feels like there is more support- while there's no arch support per say, my arch/medial ankle-heel isn't dumping or dropping down in these). I guess the thing will be to see how long they stay this way.
[close]

Thanks to you two, sounds pretty good to me.

A more snug fit is exactly what I need in Vans; so far, the only correct fit in the line-up are the AVEs as they are a bit more snug than the rest.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #608 on: September 15, 2021, 11:39:31 AM »
Just noticed that Vans have added the Wayvee to their customizer thing.  $145 is pretty steep tho
https://www.vans.com/customizer.wayvee.html

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #609 on: September 15, 2021, 12:39:05 PM »
Vans has been shitting the bed for a few years.
Lets all remember vans from the 90’s…they are quickly going in that direction again.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #610 on: September 15, 2021, 10:36:14 PM »
Lets all remember vans from the 90’s…they are quickly going in that direction again.

I disagree. Vans had some great shoes in the 90s as well as some clunkers. Same as today.

The Vans Skate Classic shoes are the best versions of the classic shoes yet. The Wayvee might not be the best looking shoe but it skates well.
How much for an order of ribs?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #611 on: September 15, 2021, 11:35:39 PM »
I just saw someone on the vans reddit (cringe i know) with some pleather AA era highs with the new checkered tag instead of the old vans one. Hopefully they make a run of the era high

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #612 on: September 16, 2021, 04:05:19 AM »
I just saw someone on the vans reddit (cringe i know) with some pleather AA era highs with the new checkered tag instead of the old vans one. Hopefully they make a run of the era high

AA is Andrew Allen apparently for anyone else who was wondering

Tactics has them https://www.tactics.com/vans/skate-authentic-high-shoes/pearl-leather-black

These look so fucking ugly though

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: September 16, 2021, 06:32:54 AM »
I dig em, they look sick

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #614 on: September 16, 2021, 06:53:49 AM »
I dig em, they look sick

Pretty sure they're what Conor is wearing here, they look banging on foot not so nice in that product shot though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkQkWFC3j6/

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #615 on: September 16, 2021, 09:13:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

AA is Andrew Allen apparently for anyone else who was wondering

Tactics has them https://www.tactics.com/vans/skate-authentic-high-shoes/pearl-leather-black

These look so fucking ugly though

Something about these look really weird compared to the Hockey version that came out a while ago
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:51:00 AM by Dante Bichette »
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #616 on: September 16, 2021, 01:25:18 PM »
Those look like an inbred version of a gravis high top... but I feel like I'd kinda like em in a different color/material.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #617 on: September 16, 2021, 03:09:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I disagree. Vans had some great shoes in the 90s as well as some clunkers. Same as today.

The Vans Skate Classic shoes are the best versions of the classic shoes yet. The Wayvee might not be the best looking shoe but it skates well.
They had terrible shoes in the 90’s. That whole pro line sucked. Trying to keep up with osiris and etnies. Wasn’t until rowley came around that they were worth wearing and i loved all that stuff.
I’m sure some of the new ones skate well but very ugly and expensive.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #618 on: September 17, 2021, 07:20:37 AM »
Are the walker pro (the first one) as narrow in the forefoot/toebox as the crockett high? I've been wearing wider toe-box athletic shoes and now I can't wear my fucking crocketts
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:01:08 AM by fakie varial flip »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #619 on: September 17, 2021, 07:26:35 AM »
Lately my local has been receiving skate vans starting from 8.5 instead of 8 as usual. Could this be because they fit different and 8.5 is the new 8? ::)
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Staggerd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #620 on: September 17, 2021, 09:45:21 AM »
Are the walker pro (the first one) as narrow in the forefoot/toebox as the crockett high? I've been wearing wider toe-box athletic shoes and now I can't wear my fucking crocketts

I haven't tried the Crockett's, but I find the forefoot/toe box of the walker pro's to be pretty narrow. The laces start pretty high so you don't can't really give yourself extra room by lacing them a little looser.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #621 on: September 17, 2021, 10:08:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I haven't tried the Crockett's, but I find the forefoot/toe box of the walker pro's to be pretty narrow. The laces start pretty high so you don't can't really give yourself extra room by lacing them a little looser.

Thanks for the info, that's really all I need. Guess I'm stuck with vulcs!

CaderSk8r

• Rep: 19
« Reply #622 on: September 17, 2021, 10:40:40 AM »
Do the old Skool skates and half cab skates fit similarly? Love the fit of the half cabs and was wondering if I should order the same size for the old skools . Local doesn’t have any in stock and I don’t want to get them at the local vans store.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: September 17, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »
Do the old Skool skates and half cab skates fit similarly? Love the fit of the half cabs and was wondering if I should order the same size for the old skools . Local doesn’t have any in stock and I don’t want to get them at the local vans store.

No. The toe box is much more narrow on old skools. I loved how i skated wearing them but my feet hated me

fakie varial flip

« Reply #624 on: September 17, 2021, 10:53:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No. The toe box is much more narrow on old skools. I loved how i skated wearing them but my feet hated me

^Agreed

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #625 on: September 17, 2021, 03:47:37 PM »
No. If I was you, I would stick to the half cabs. I had the old skools and hated them but then got the half cabs and I love them. Size-wise they fit the same for length but keep in mind that the old skools are slimmer. If you have a regular width foot then get the same size, but I would recommend just getting a new pair of the half cabs ;D

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #626 on: September 18, 2021, 09:25:29 AM »

Agreed with the other posts above.

I am between 11 and 12 for most shoes, sometimes I can wear 11s in Half Cabs (especially pro versions) but Old Skools I definitely had to go to 12 in the Skate versions (no half sizes here in AU) but I feel like the 12 was a good fit anyway.

If you feel like you can get away with a half size up or so, they might work for you in the same way they worked for me, otherwise it is a bit of a lucky dip in getting shoes that are either a bit too tight or a bit too big.

My feet thank me for going a bit bigger, but sometimes I feel like skating in shoes that are too big is a struggle as well.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #627 on: September 25, 2021, 07:41:23 AM »
I been skating those skate Half-Cabs for a while now. It wasn't the easiest switch from Sk8-Highs and Old Skools I skated for years before, as the Half-Cabs didn't really have the same board feel, especially the midsole part felt really stiff before the shoes were worn in, and that took few weeks. But after that, they've been great.

But I've been wanting to get brown half-cabs for a long time (because you know, Stranger , so I was stoked on the Reynolds Half-Cabs 92's.

Wasn't supposed to buy any shoes today, but the local shop had the Reynolds in my size, I put them on and holy shit they felt good right away.

The 92's have a bit different stitching on the top cap compared to the modern Half-Cab, which probably is bad news if your flips/ollies use that part of the shoe, but it really changes how the shoes feel for some reason. Definitely looking forward to skate these.

The "Skate" Old Schools use different material on the heel tap (some kind of faux leather instead of canvas) and fuck it will kill your achilles immediately. Almost got blisters just from walking hundred meters to get some groceries and my friends have had the exact same experience.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #628 on: September 25, 2021, 08:39:01 AM »
I been skating those skate Half-Cabs for a while now. It wasn't the easiest switch from Sk8-Highs and Old Skools I skated for years before, as the Half-Cabs didn't really have the same board feel, especially the midsole part felt really stiff before the shoes were worn in, and that took few weeks. But after that, they've been great.

But I've been wanting to get brown half-cabs for a long time (because you know, Stranger , so I was stoked on the Reynolds Half-Cabs 92's.

Wasn't supposed to buy any shoes today, but the local shop had the Reynolds in my size, I put them on and holy shit they felt good right away.

The 92's have a bit different stitching on the top cap compared to the modern Half-Cab, which probably is bad news if your flips/ollies use that part of the shoe, but it really changes how the shoes feel for some reason. Definitely looking forward to skate these.

The "Skate" Old Schools use different material on the heel tap (some kind of faux leather instead of canvas) and fuck it will kill your achilles immediately. Almost got blisters just from walking hundred meters to get some groceries and my friends have had the exact same experience.
You have them laced all the way up?

Also, it looks like  they changed the toe box panel back to the old way. I remember in cab’s 9 club he talked about how they made the two panels one piece(when vans made the pros I think) because the stiching would blow out right there. From what I’ve seen online it looks like Reynolds “designed”(helped with?) this one.

All I’ve got to say is that I’ll take Reynolds word on skate shoes over cab(cab also laces them all the way up).

Oh and also, I heard someone talking about the tongue being weird too like it’s not the normal mesh(?). What’s up with that?

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #629 on: September 25, 2021, 11:15:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

A real up & coming Oregon ripper…
https://instagram.com/yungfr0d0?utm_medium=copy_link
¯\_(ツ)_/¯