Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115911 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2020, 08:10:22 AM »
Expand Quote
does anyone know if vans are just better now in general? i used to avoid them like the plague but i've skated rowans and old skools now and they've been pretty ight
[close]
Could be the new popcush? or you suggesting rubber compound, shape, etc? Rowans have that new outsole(gum rubber?) tech too

The Popcush is definitely more supportive. My current Old Schools have them and it felt like it took a bit longer to break in compared to the ones I had with Ultracush, but now they feel great.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2020, 08:18:28 AM »
The popcush insoles that came in my halfcabs are noticeably softer than the popcush insoles that were in my old skools/eras/slip-ons.... super weird - maybe they harden/soften up over time/humidity.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2020, 03:54:05 PM »
Expand Quote
does anyone know if vans are just better now in general? i used to avoid them like the plague but i've skated rowans and old skools now and they've been pretty ight
[close]
Could be the new popcush? or you suggesting rubber compound, shape, etc? Rowans have that new outsole(gum rubber?) tech too
yeah i don't really know. the overall feel is just better on my feet. used to feel all the stitching rubbing on my feet but maybe that could be attributed to a new insole with a different fit inside the shoe?

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2020, 11:26:24 AM »
https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-skate/kyle-pro-2-antique-white

Has anybody else seen these?

Absolutely obscene.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »

Absolutely obscene.

Personally think they would've looked better without the strap.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2020, 11:46:46 AM »
They look like toddler shoes.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2020, 11:50:06 AM »
New Crockett hi quasi collab remind me of sco fi fantasy sk8 hi. Black midsole and blue/teal paneling w black suede

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2020, 06:22:56 AM »
Expand Quote

Absolutely obscene.
[close]

Personally think they would've looked better without the strap.

Wait, is that a backward velcro strap? eeeeugh what genius thunk of that idea

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2020, 07:20:07 AM »

*Insert DGK Haters quote*

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2020, 07:55:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@franc did the rowan's and crockett fit you the same? same size? Feel like crockett might run a tad longer?
[close]

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I got both in the same size (11.5) and the Gilbies might be a tiny, tiny bit longer. Both did fit well until I tried to skate the Rowans which I didn't like at all.
[close]

Curious to hear what you didn't like about them? I absolutely love mine, best skate shoe I've had in years

The sole is too thick and makes flip tricks harder. They feel kinda bulky too. I'll stick to Crocketts and Half Cab Pros from now on.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2020, 05:51:43 AM »
Can't really go wrong with white, too bad i already have too much shoes

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2020, 06:53:01 AM »

There's no such thing as too many pairs of shoes...

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2020, 07:47:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's no such thing as too many pairs of shoes...
My partner disagrees

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2020, 08:13:01 PM »
I haven’t read this topic in its entirety but I just got some TNT Advanced over the weekend to try the 3D Lite sole. I fractured my ankle a few years ago and never let it heal properly, which caused my arch to collapse to compensate...

Never used any kind of orthotic sole because I always find they hurt the arch too much, until I learnt that its something you need to let your feet adjust to. Had a solid skate in them yesterday and my session definitely lasted a little longer! Less back pain ect so I’m gonna swap these into other shoes/buy more TNT’s. Stoked

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2020, 09:42:12 PM »
I haven’t read this topic in its entirety but I just got some TNT Advanced over the weekend to try the 3D Lite sole. I fractured my ankle a few years ago and never let it heal properly, which caused my arch to collapse to compensate...

Never used any kind of orthotic sole because I always find they hurt the arch too much, until I learnt that its something you need to let your feet adjust to. Had a solid skate in them yesterday and my session definitely lasted a little longer! Less back pain ect so I’m gonna swap these into other shoes/buy more TNT’s. Stoked

The Chima 2 has the same 3D light insole as the TNT, in case you want a different kinda shoe with the same insole!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2020, 12:26:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Chima 2 has the same 3D light insole as the TNT, in case you want a different kinda shoe with the same insole!

That’s what I originally wanted.. but with such a bad ankle I needed something that was at least a normal height, Chimas are a touch too low for my liking

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2020, 12:23:53 PM »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2020, 07:46:52 AM »
 Premier usually has good pics but not sure is this suede is off white or white and just a filter. not as crisp as the views above

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »
I've been wondering, is there reason why most suede shoes are always more off white color and not bright white?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2020, 08:52:24 AM »
I've been wondering, is there reason why most suede shoes are always more off white color and not bright white?
I think it's because there's only so much bleach you can throw on skin before the integrity is compromised. Also, the heel panel of the AVE pros is stitched as opposed to welded - and always a slightly different shade than the vamp - I think the rapid-weld process fades the suede a little bit.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2020, 09:26:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can attest to the Chima 2 and the UltraCush 3D insole. I've mentioned in previous threads that UltraCush HD was the most unstable and painful insoles I've ever stepped on, and I can't understand how anyone walks on them let alone skate on them. 3D, on the other hand, isn't perfect but it doesn't hurt and feels much more stable.

Premier usually has good pics but not sure is this suede is off white or white and just a filter. not as crisp as the views above

Took them more than a year, but finally a colorway of this shoe that doesn't have a puke-inducing outsole.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2020, 09:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Id be so happy if they lasted me more than 3 weeks, really want to try the Rowans out but Im afraid of buying limp dick Vans
[close]

The Rowans are extremely durable and don’t potato out like other Vans. Hold their shape and form well. Made from premium materials for a simple looking shoe.
Skated the Rowans very heavily this past summer (three to four times a week) and they lasted a solid two months before potatoing out.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2020, 11:36:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I can attest to the Chima 2 and the UltraCush 3D insole. I've mentioned in previous threads that UltraCush HD was the most unstable and painful insoles I've ever stepped on, and I can't understand how anyone walks on them let alone skate on them. 3D, on the other hand, isn't perfect but it doesn't hurt and feels much more stable.

Expand Quote

[close]

Took them more than a year, but finally a colorway of this shoe that doesn't have a puke-inducing outsole.
Still looks wrong. Sucks you always have to have some sort of blue showing through the sole.
I swear vans will either give you a sock to skate with no tech, or go way to far like they did with the AVE or Walker 2.
Not even gonna mention changes their insole feel every few months now.

thebacker

« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2020, 12:44:16 PM »
Give me more rowans please <3

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2020, 03:09:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Still looks wrong. Sucks you always have to have some sort of blue showing through the sole.
I swear vans will either give you a sock to skate with no tech, or go way to far like they did with the AVE or Walker 2.

I’ve been wearing the blacked out Aves and like the way they look. The blue is still there but I dont even notice it.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2020, 05:41:50 PM »
Yeah I do want the black pair for that exact reason

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2020, 05:21:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The in-between shoe where it isn't a sock, but they didn't fall over themselves to make you look at the tech is the Berle. Everyone says it looks like a Kohls shoe, and they're right; but it does have some tech in it, and it still looks way better than the AVE shoe, which is seemingly a great shoe that is totally ruined by its appearance.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2020, 05:25:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

The in-between shoe where it isn't a sock, but they didn't fall over themselves to make you look at the tech is the Berle. Everyone says it looks like a Kohls shoe, and they're right; but it does have some tech in it, and it still looks way better than the AVE shoe, which is seemingly a great shoe that is totally ruined by its appearance.
My friend has the berles and i noticed every time he skates them he spends at least a quarter of the session in a dark corner picking out pebbles from the sole. Bet they'd be a great shoe at clean parks but a no no in the streets. At least he's cleaning up pebbles for the rest of us at the session.