Author Topic: Watches  (Read 45296 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Watches
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2020, 10:09:53 AM »
All the seiko automatics have great value for money...
They run a lifetime without any problems. most models have a Great design and are in the same price range like a fashion watch.
I can only recommend everyone to buy one.
do you recommend buying from a local dealer? Impossible right now.  Or?  Been looking on eBay too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 10:26:58 AM by jay_nev »

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »
Expand Quote
They run a lifetime without any problems. most models have a Great design and are in the same price range like a fashion watch.
[close]
do you recommend buying from a local dealer? Impossible right now.  Or?  Been looking on eBay too.

Honestly i bought mine through amazon. I wouldn‘t used watches from ebay, can be a tricky one.
But yeah local dealer would be the best....
This should get everyone hooked on seiko:
http://youtu.be/-pvnDIE5dq4

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2020, 09:03:20 PM »
Talk to gay imp. He's the dude
hahaha, how did this thread go under the radar for me?
*cracks knuckles* you know I actually wanted to do a "recommend me a watch” thread a while back where you listed your wrist size/ budget etc. and I gave my best recommendations.

Anyway, currently have about 6 or 7 (probably more like 10) on rotation, but trying to flip and few and consolidate.
Current faves are my Omega speedy reduced from the mid 90s, a nice little limited edition Sinn 556 that is limited to 50 pieces, a 39.5 Oris Aquis in mint green/ tungsten and a vintage Rado from the 60s. My Lorier Neptune also sees quite a lot of wrist time despite it being a tad thick!
Also recently flipped a Seiko SBDC063 but am having remorse, the dimensions make it look huge on paper but it fits so nicely. Seiko is also bringing out some 62mas prospex divers in June and I think one of them will be all I'll buy this year (yeah right). Kinda lusting over a Tudor Black bay 36mm too, but I need to flip some more of the watches that aren't hogging wrist time. Don't even talk to me about vintage either because there's like 73 different watches that I'm in love with...

Can we also nerd out of watch dimensions like we do over skateboard decks? I think lug-to-lug has a lot in common with wheelbase LOL

OP> props on your Max Bill and Nomos, both very nice watches indeed. Will edit/ add more comments as I look through this thread
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:55:14 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2020, 09:17:14 PM »
i haven't worn a watch in more than a decade. but there are some nice watches i have to admit. i like how they look, but never got accustomed to the feeling of wearing one.

waiting for g.i.s.m. to enter the thread i think he is a big time watch collector.
I think if you get the dimensions right, it's often feels like you're not wearing one at all.
I used to hate watches/ rings etc. but I can't leave the house without at least one watch on these days (and sometimes another one stashed in case I want to change things up). What size is your wrist?
If you're looking for something thin, then maybe fully hand wound is the way to go? That vintage Rado I mentioned up there is less than 10mm thick and once you get it on a nice strap it literally melts onto your wrist.

Tell me your budget, wrist size and preferred style and I'll try and give you a few recommendations ;)

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2020, 09:47:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
*cracks knuckles* you know I actually wanted to do a "recommend me a watch thread a while back" where you listed your wrist size/ budget etc. and I gave my best recommendations.

Anyway, currently have about 6 or 7 (probably more like 10) on rotation, but trying to flip and few and consolidate.
Current faves are my Omega speedy reduced from the mid 90s, a nice little limited edition Sinn 556 that is limited to 50 pieces, a 39.5 Oris Aquis in mint green/ tungsten and a vintage Rado from the 60s. My Lorier Neptune also sees quite a lot of wrist time despite it being a tad thick!
Also recently flipped a Seiko SBDC063 but am having remorse, the dimensions make it look huge on paper but it fits so nicely. Seiko is also bringing out some 62mas prospex divers in June and I think one of them will be all I'll buy this year (yeah right). Kinda lusting over a Tudor Black bay 36mm too, but I need to flip some more of the watches that aren't hogging wrist time. Don't even talk to me about vintage either because there's like 73 different watches that I'm in love with...

Can we also nerd out of watch dimensions like we do over skateboard decks? I think lug-to-lug has a lot in common with wheelbase LOL

OP> props on your Max Bill and Nomos, both very nice watches indeed. Will edit/ add more comments as I look through this thread

Damn, I bet this is nice. Would love to move up to a 39mm Speedy or the newish 39mm Tudor Black Bay 58, you got nice taste.   

walker

• Rep: -9
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2020, 10:10:57 PM »
i think timex weekenders are cool for cheap. prob wouldn't want to skate with it tho.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2020, 10:41:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
*cracks knuckles* you know I actually wanted to do a "recommend me a watch thread a while back" where you listed your wrist size/ budget etc. and I gave my best recommendations.

[close]

Damn, I bet this is nice. Would love to move up to a 39mm Speedy or the newish 39mm Tudor Black Bay 58, you got nice taste.   
speedy reduced could EASILY be a one watch collection; you can pick them up 2nd hand in Japan freshly serviced and polished for around $1500 which is crazy value when you consider what you’re getting. The fit and dimensions are absolutely perfect and you could literally put it on any strap and it looks great. Omega really gives a lot of bang for buck, especially in the vintage realm.
BB58 in 39mm is a very very nice looking watch; hard to come by due to their popularity but in house Tudor movement with 70 power reserve means I probably wouldn’t take it off unless I was going for a skate or doing yard work. I heard they are nice and thin too when compared to the 41mm version. I generally don’t wear anything over 40mm so that would be the one I’d go for. Those little 36mm without the dive bezels though just look so classy. Value wise you’re probably better off going for the BB58, if not only for the movement.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2020, 10:44:08 PM »
i think timex weekenders are cool for cheap. prob wouldn't want to skate with it tho.
timex make some great watches, they are meant to be beaters, why wouldn’t you skate it in (unless of course you just don’t like skating with a watch on)? My g-shock or my citizen NY-040 are my go to watches when skating
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:32:27 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2020, 10:46:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
unless it’s a high end Seiko, grey market will be fine. Most watch makers can service the majority of their movements and parts aren’t that hard to come by, what Seiko in particular are you looking at? I’ve had quite a lot of Seikos over the years.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:30:13 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2020, 12:53:05 AM »
So, i‘m still thinking about Buying the air king (ref.5500).
It‘s from 1979, everything works fine through a legit dealer. He asked 3k (euros) for it now we‘re down at 2,7.
I think i‘d pull the trigger at 2,5

They go online for 2k (without the rolex bracelet) up to 3,3 -3,6... i rather buy through a dealer.

It‘s only 34mm but i feel it wears the same as my seiko.
This is the actual watch on my wrist.
Do you guys think it runs too small?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:03:40 AM by pica »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2020, 01:10:53 AM »
Perfect size imho, esp for sport watches. 34-36 is such a sweet spot. If you think it looks too small it’s probably because the rest of your watches are quite a lot bigger than 34mm. What’s the lug to lug?

1979 is nearly my birthday year, if I was going to buy a vintage Rollie or a grand seiko, I’d want them to be from birth year. 2.7 isn’t that bad if it comes with papers etc., have you offered them 2.5 yet?

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2020, 01:29:40 AM »
Lu g to lug is 39mm....

I was at the shop lst tuesday, i think i‘m gonna call today or tomorrow and offer 2,5 So i think we‘ll agree on 2,6 or something.

Also i need to buy a colareb leather strap for it.

It doesn‘t have the original papers but it has a guarantee and a certificate through said dealer (who is a local well respected dealer of luxury watches).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:58:08 AM by pica »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2020, 03:32:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
unless it’s a high end Seiko, grey market will be fine. Most watch makers can service the majority of their movements and parts aren’t that hard to come by, what Seiko in particular are you looking at? I’ve had quite a lot of Seikos over the years.
the sxk007.. but open for recs. Something a few hundred, have a timex Navi ocean but would mostly be a daily/office/typically anything but yardwork/exercise/ skate watch. Something timeless, classic, authentic.. the modifying portion intrigues me too. Something that can hold its own against some most expensive pieces I guess too?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:36:10 AM by jay_nev »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2020, 05:35:12 AM »
Well in that price range every man and his dog is going to say SKX (personally I like the 013 better) and with good reason; it has legend status, is tough as nails and can pretty much work in any situation (bar maybe a black tie event) without looking too out of place. If I had to fault it though, I would say the movement is dated and rudimentary at best. The inability to hand wind personally bugs me, on a Seiko 5 I can live with it, but Seiko 5s are typically under $100. If you do want to mod though, there really is no better option.

Having said that, I want to chuck two alternatives into the mix: the orient ray/ Mako series and the citizen NY-040.
The orient doesn’t have the history/ prestige of the other two but the finishing and movement punch well above it’s weight in that price range. It’s also a bit more dressy (esp. in blue sunburst if that’s your thing?) but is also at home in jeans and T-shirt. Personally I think the citizen is the winner, I recently picked up one for just over $100 and I’m not exaggerating when I say it absolutely smokes the SKX in terms of what you get. It’s easily as tough as the seiko, has better finishing and the ability to hand wind (48 power reserve too). It wears small for a 42mm and if we’re talking about its relevance as a tool watch it was actually used by the Italian military as a dive watch and was tested to 500m 😱 So yeah, true use in the field, tough as nails And also the last automatic watch that citizen ever made before focusing on eco-drives.

All three have their advantages/ disadvantages as well as their fanboys and naysayers. For me it’s the citizen but there isn’t really a wrong answer here, all three can hold their own with the big boys and you’ll be hard pressed to find a watch snob that won’t at least acknowledge their history and relevance. The other factor I guess you need to consider is what you want to wear them on, a bracelt, rubber strap or nato etc. The orient bracelets cop a lot of flack, the citizen is hard to not find on rubber and the SKX jubilee is something you absolutely love or absolutely hate. All 3 are suer versatile though, guess it depends too on how much you want to accessorize. I put a strap code oyster on my orient and it looked liked a million bux, well actually it looked like $500 but it was still a good combo.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 05:46:16 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2020, 06:48:08 AM »
Well in that price range every man and his dog is going to say SKX (personally I like the 013 better) and with good reason; it has legend status, is tough as nails and can pretty much work in any situation (bar maybe a black tie event) without looking too out of place. If I had to fault it though, I would say the movement is dated and rudimentary at best. The inability to hand wind personally bugs me, on a Seiko 5 I can live with it, but Seiko 5s are typically under $100. If you do want to mod though, there really is no better option.

Having said that, I want to chuck two alternatives into the mix: the orient ray/ Mako series and the citizen NY-040.
The orient doesn’t have the history/ prestige of the other two but the finishing and movement punch well above it’s weight in that price range. It’s also a bit more dressy (esp. in blue sunburst if that’s your thing?) but is also at home in jeans and T-shirt. Personally I think the citizen is the winner, I recently picked up one for just over $100 and I’m not exaggerating when I say it absolutely smokes the SKX in terms of what you get. It’s easily as tough as the seiko, has better finishing and the ability to hand wind (48 power reserve too). It wears small for a 42mm and if we’re talking about its relevance as a tool watch it was actually used by the Italian military as a dive watch and was tested to 500m 😱 So yeah, true use in the field, tough as nails And also the last automatic watch that citizen ever made before focusing on eco-drives.

All three have their advantages/ disadvantages as well as their fanboys and naysayers. For me it’s the citizen but there isn’t really a wrong answer here, all three can hold their own with the big boys and you’ll be hard pressed to find a watch snob that won’t at least acknowledge their history and relevance. The other factor I guess you need to consider is what you want to wear them on, a bracelt, rubber strap or nato etc. The orient bracelets cop a lot of flack, the citizen is hard to not find on rubber and the SKX jubilee is something you absolutely love or absolutely hate. All 3 are suer versatile though, guess it depends too on how much you want to accessorize. I put a strap code oyster on my orient and it looked liked a million bux, well actually it looked like $500 but it was still a good combo.

Since you‘ve mentioned Orient, have you had an orient bambino? I‘m really tempted to get one with the green dial.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2020, 07:01:05 AM »
I haven’t, my main gripe with the bambino is the size, 40mm is too big for a dress watch. I don’t think they are very versatile either but that’s just my opinion. The cream one with the blue hands (generation 2?) is a fine looking watch and if it was around 37mm I’d probably buy one for shits and giggles but if I was serious about getting something dressy, I’d probably save a bit longer and get something like a Hamilton intramatic or something from tissot, or maybe even a timex marlin? How big are your wrists?

Edit: Also I think if you put the bambino up against the ray/ mako you’ll find a clear winner, I really encourage you to seek out and try on a blue ray, the dial is ridics!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:03:32 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2020, 07:01:36 AM »

sick stuff thanks. I’m 6’4” so I want it to fill out my wrist a bit. But I’m on the slim side too though. Just watched some comparisons and reviews. I like the black more than blue just for everyday wear. I think rubber to start for versatility but wouldn’t mind the option of adding the jubilee after maybe. Another thing is my wedding band is gold. Not worried about matching but just mentioning

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2020, 07:14:50 AM »
I haven’t, my main gripe with the bambino is the size, 40mm is too big for a dress watch. I don’t think they are very versatile either but that’s just my opinion. The cream one with the blue hands (generation 2?) is a fine looking watch and if it was around 37mm I’d probably buy one for shits and giggles but if I was serious about getting something dressy, I’d probably save a bit longer and get something like a Hamilton intramatic or something from tissot, or maybe even a timex marlin? How big are your wrists?

Edit: Also I think if you put the bambino up against the ray/ mako you’ll find a clear winner, I really encourage you to seek out and try on a blue ray, the dial is ridics!

Oh thought it‘s smaller.... i‘d have bought it as just for fun to wear it in the summer here and there, but 40 seems too big. As for the other models i can‘t get myself into divers/ watches with bezels. I don‘t know why but somehow it just looks odd to me when i see it on my own wrist, although i like it when i see it on other people.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:33:31 AM by pica »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh thought it‘s smaller.... i‘d have bought it as just for fun to wear it in the summer here and there, but 40 seems too big. As for the other models i can‘t get myself into divers/ watches with bezels. I don‘t know why but somehow it just looks odd to me when i see it on my own wrist, although i like it when i see it on other people.

https://wornandwound.com/review/orient-bambino-fer2400bwo-review/
40.5 to be exact. The 46 lug to lug probably makes it wear a bit smaller though. I saw some in the flesh a while back and they didn’t look *that* big. Don’t think I’m trying to hate on it, for the price you get a lot of bang for buck and anything else in that price range probably isn’t going to compete unless it’s one of the divers I mentioned (and you don’t do divers). If you can stretch your budget a bit, orient star makes some nicer pieces in better sizes. Have you ever tried on/ considered a SARB 033/ 035? quite pricey these days, but very very versatile and the quality is top notch. This thread is kinda nothing without pics so I’ll try and snap some shots of my Lorier at lunchtime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9iHDIjFpc&t=397s
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:45:23 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2020, 04:22:16 PM »
What about the seiko prospex line?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2020, 04:45:33 PM »
dude, the SBDC063 is one of the best watches I’ve owned hands down, it would literally compete with my omega for wrist time. If you can stretch your budget, you won’t be disappointed. What prospex model are you looking at? If you’ve got the funds and don’t mind waiting, there’s a new prospex line coming out in June with direct homage to the 62 mas which is one of Seiko’s most famous diver. The Zaratsu polish and diashock coating on the SBDC series is getting into some grand Seiko level type finishing so I’m super confident you’d be more than stoked with one!

edit: some pics of my SBDC063 before I flipped it:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:56:53 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2020, 05:51:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
dude, the SBDC063 is one of the best watches I’ve owned hands down, it would literally compete with my omega for wrist time. If you can stretch your budget, you won’t be disappointed. What prospex model are you looking at? If you’ve got the funds and don’t mind waiting, there’s a new prospex line coming out in June with direct homage to the 62 mas which is one of Seiko’s most famous diver. The Zaratsu polish and diashock coating on the SBDC series is getting into some grand Seiko level type finishing so I’m super confident you’d be more than stoked with one!
awesome thanks! SBDC063 Is stretching it a bit. Where do you see about the upcoming releases? Just learning the ins and outs so I’m curious. I saw you link worn and wound and was checking a few reviews out there earlier. So, the SKX is discontinued at this point but main differences with a comparable prospex? Similar to the discontinued ny0040 citizen and their newer pro master stuff? Recommend buying from Long Island watch?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 05:52:58 PM by jay_nev »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2020, 08:07:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
awesome thanks! SBDC063 Is stretching it a bit. Where do you see about the upcoming releases? Just learning the ins and outs so I’m curious. I saw you link worn and wound and was checking a few reviews out there earlier. So, the SKX is discontinued at this point but main differences with a comparable prospex? Similar to the discontinued ny0040 citizen and their newer pro master stuff? Recommend buying from Long Island watch?
I hear ya, don't want to stretch your budget too far! New Propsex line can be found here: https://monochrome-watches.com/seiko-prospex-diver-automatic-200m-spb149-modern-62mas-reissue-1965-specs-price/ but probably more expensive than SBDC series. How about turtles or mini turtles? They seem to be a good medium between SKXs and higher end prosper models?

Yes the SKX is now discontinued hence why you see prices going up, it has been replaced by the 5kx which is like a more modern interpretation of the SKX (and they even sponsor a skater, see below) but I couldn't see myself paying +$200 for a seiko 5. Not a bad watch but yeah...
http://youtu.be/A_1dvX4FQ0A
One of my current fav Japanese skaters rides for them

The main difference with the prosex lines (apart from the obvious cosmetic/ finishing differences) is the movement used. If you don't care about that stuff then the SKX will suffice and it has been tested time and time again for its water resistance so no need to worry there (and let's face it, neither you or me are going 200m deep into the ocean). I love me some worn and wound and they actually the did a little comparison of the SKX vs. mini turtle that might be a good read for you if you’re on the fence?

https://wornandwound.com/review/review-is-the-seiko-mini-turtle-the-new-skx007/

Edit: Long Island watch is great, would recommend 👊🏼
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:52:54 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2020, 08:26:26 PM »
My watch for today:

(Yes, I have a thing for blue divers)

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2020, 11:39:37 PM »
Gay imp. you own this thread, your profund knowledge is amazing!!!!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2020, 11:45:24 PM »
Gay imp. you own this thread, your profund knowledge is amazing!!!!
haha not really, just happy to have found my skater/ watch brethren, a lot of my “knowledge” just came from buying and flipping watches. I.e making noob mistakes!

Also, I don’t want to overthrow this thread so please feel free to chime in so I don’t look like some watch dictator.

Actually, does anyone have any good recommendations a for a 5-6 piece watch box? I’d prefer wood but have also heard that wolf watch boxes are of pretty good quality?

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2020, 12:12:48 AM »
I just bought a box through amazon for 17bucks, (one of those faux leather ones) its ugly as fuck, my wife hates it but its in a drawer anyways so i didn‘t see the point of buying an more expensive one. It does the job.

I like the rapport boxes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:16:00 AM by pica »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2020, 12:55:57 AM »
Yeah, I don’t want one that’s super expensive (because I’d rather put that money into buying more watches) but I don’t want to be putting the speedy into a box that is too cheap for it either 😂

Will try and keep this thread semi skate related too, but pretty sure Vern is wearing a vintage swatch in this clip:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_gliWSn6A_/?igshid=1ifkhn8xae0gs
Either that or he got one of the reissues, he’s been straight edge for years though so I’m guessing the former?

Also, Nora is sponsored by Swatch, I wonder if this gives her access to Swatch group watches as well 🤔

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2020, 02:35:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
*cracks knuckles* you know I actually wanted to do a "recommend me a watch” thread a while back where you listed your wrist size/ budget etc. and I gave my best recommendations.

I definitely agree that lug to lug is kinda like wheelbase, less emphasized but perhaps more significant.

Sinn 556 is sick! blue or black? Oris Aquis is dope too, the diver 65 is one of my favourites and possibly something I will shell out for at some point the 40mm one with the 6 oclock date window. Worse specs than the aquis but I'm a big fan of the look, how thin it is and the domed sapphire crystal. In my head it would look sick on a jubilee but not sure how I could make that work.

A Black bay 36 with a black dial would be sick, I'm a big fan of round indices though the way the triangle markers are super pointy on the lorier neptune makes the round indices look slightly out of place imo, but still a great piece with great specs.

I feel like I'm slowly climbing out of this rabbithole, having sold my hamilton and being satisfied with a modded skx and casio a168w (which I've been wearing 90% of the time lately because I'm skating a good amount). There haven't been any mid ranged or affordable pieces that have really caught my eye tbh.

I've thought about getting a silver metal gshock square, essentially a beefed up casio but could skate in too, but not really worth the price tag. And if I'm going to spend proper money on it then it best be damn near perfect, and the only ones that I'm really really into are the 40mm oris diver 65, the Rolex 116000 (definitely my favourite Rolex, essentially the explorer 3 6 9 but blue dial and smaller without mercedes hands), and the iwate grand seiko that hodinkee did a video on, that thing is crazy sick.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2020, 04:02:00 AM »
I hope this doesn’t derail too hard but I’d love to hear everyone’s dream/grail piece - obtainable and money no option.
But, I get that narrowing it down to one isn’t really possible for watch nerds.