Author Topic: Callum Paul is a racist  (Read 13273 times)

BurntPorridge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Callum Paul is a racist
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 11:23:41 PM »
Not that I'm trying to defend what he said, but it happened over 12 years ago.

Is the takeaway from this thread is that once a racist always a racist? At least give people the benefit of the doubt that they may have changed since then before you attempt to defame them.

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2020, 11:24:26 PM »
I like Passports graphics, but don't know much about their team.
Even though they're totally different I was getting an Australian Pizza vibe from them...

Yes, they are like an Australian pizza. Apart from the amazing art direction, quality product, great team and fantastic full length movie they recently put out.
So I guess they aren't actually anything like an Australian pizza and that is a terrible take.
Callum is definitely a gigantic fuckwit though.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2020, 11:30:56 PM »
Aussie Pizza is usally just a hawaiian with egg and bbq sauce which means its just fkn gross

Pizza got to be like cherry tomatoes, anchovies, capsicum, basil and some bocconcini topped woth mozarell. Beliss.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2020, 11:34:11 PM »
They have veggiemite as a pizza topping,
anyone tried?
Didnt dare/ want to

TerryWrist

• Rep: -11
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2020, 12:01:23 AM »
There's countless people like this in Australia. White people will go to marches for the Indidenous community to feel good about themselves and wash away the guilt but are still bigots regardless.

Yeah, where else is that happening right now? Couldn't be you bunch of fuck wits in the US, could it?

Bearings

• Rep: -4
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2020, 12:16:36 AM »
He was banging Mappys daughter and she is part Māori so he can’t be that racist.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2020, 12:24:12 AM »
anyone tried?
Didnt dare/ want to

That sounds frightening

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2020, 12:31:54 AM »
whats the whole chicken fucker joke?

Glurmpz

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2020, 12:47:58 AM »
I've met a lot of Australians and that would be pretty on brand so I'll believe it. Sorry to all respectable Australians.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2020, 12:54:52 AM »
the images DO not appear if you're a guest on this message board

1:52
Wow, such a douche

G raham

• Rep: -48
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2020, 12:56:11 AM »
could he not be quoting what duffel said if it was the exact same thing so maybe was saying it as a joke or something?
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

G raham

• Rep: -48
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2020, 01:00:29 AM »
in reference to the video I feel he was saying it as a joke to his friend who im sure would've taken it as a joke. why would he have kept it in his own sponsor video.
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

thomas kook

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2020, 01:27:51 AM »
in reference to the video I feel he was saying it as a joke to his friend who im sure would've taken it as a joke. why would he have kept it in his own sponsor video.

because back then people didn't realize what would happen right now. and don't ask me what's happening right now because i'm not even sure.

i mean i myself said some insanely dumb shit back when i was 15, but does that make me a racist now? i'd say no, i'd say i have changed since then, but is that my judgement to call?
and is that different because i'm not as much of a 'public figure' as any of these skaters is? are they not allowed to change? can we be sure they have?
it's all such a grey area we're getting mad about and it confuses me to no end trying to find out where The Line is.

DiggyDon

• Rep: 11
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2020, 02:51:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

because back then people didn't realize what would happen right now. and don't ask me what's happening right now because i'm not even sure.

i mean i myself said some insanely dumb shit back when i was 15, but does that make me a racist now? i'd say no, i'd say i have changed since then, but is that my judgement to call?
and is that different because i'm not as much of a 'public figure' as any of these skaters is? are they not allowed to change? can we be sure they have?
it's all such a grey area we're getting mad about and it confuses me to no end trying to find out where The Line is.

Yeah I take it more as him just trying to get reactions out of people. Doesn’t seem like the intent is hate.

He is probably just ignorant and too self centred to think how words/actions can affect others.

Still no excuse for it

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2020, 02:54:58 AM »
This is surprising and not surprising at the same time. For someone who represents the Australian indigenous community as strongly as he does, it's surprising, and even shocking but this is also the same guy who has always been a bully and continues to bully people on a daily basis on semi anonymous Instagram accounts.

How is a company like Pass~Port gonna claim 'whole of community' and 'solidarity everywhere' when they employ a person like Callum?

Not sure why people are saying 'if true'. Shuriken confirms it. Also if you go to that Instagram page and look in their stories there is a video of him calling someone the N word.

Because this call out is just shitty bait from someone with a personal vendetta against him. He's actually a good person and very much anti-racist.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2020, 03:37:51 AM »
Yea Callum is a dick, it's quite evident seeing him around. He killed a possum apparently as well.

Ironically he wears the Aboriginal flag t-shirt in skate clips.

A lot of Australians grow up racist. It's a very white, conservative, racist country. Aboriginal people are treated worse in Australia than African Americans in America (not that there's any good in either). Aboriginal people are the most incarnated people in the world. Oh and don't shorten the term to 'Abo' or 'Aborigine'.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2020, 04:04:01 AM »
People in Australia tend to forget/ignore the fact that the Indigenous people were invaded, and then massacred, treated as 'flora and fauna' (and up until 1970 or so they were still regarded so in the constitution) and generally just shit upon by the colonial invaders.

To then expect them to just adhere to a new society and fit in, with people who destroyed their home, killed their relatives and just totally destroyed their way of life is ridiculous.

Even today, they are still treated like shit, have high rates of incarceration, and a much lower life expectancy.

I dont have the answer, but i use this argument with people who shit talk indigenous australians over here. It works ok when you ask them something like 'If a group of people came to your land, turfed you out, killed some of your relatives, and then treated you like shit, would you want to be a member of that society? Would you teach your kids that those were good people and to be trusted?' Sometimes it resonates, but mostly people racist against indigenous australians are just fucked in the head and its not worth wasting time on them.

Thats my 2c. Not the most eloquent rant, but you get the picture i hope.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2020, 04:23:37 AM »
Ain’t gunna defend Callum, I don’t know him. But as an Aussie in my mid 30s who grew up in a shit hole town, I know what it’s like to grow up in a racist environment and what it’s like to grow out of the behaviours and thoughts that are taught to you from birth. It’s right and good to break out of those molds - many do not - and it’d be a shame if someone brought up thoughtless things I might have said when I was a kid and tried to defame me with them many years after the fact.

So, I dunno what Callum’s deal is, but if the bloke has grown since then and someone is dredging up shit more than a decade old, I really question their motives in doing so. What can really come of that but more division?

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2020, 04:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote
This is surprising and not surprising at the same time. For someone who represents the Australian indigenous community as strongly as he does, it's surprising, and even shocking but this is also the same guy who has always been a bully and continues to bully people on a daily basis on semi anonymous Instagram accounts.

How is a company like Pass~Port gonna claim 'whole of community' and 'solidarity everywhere' when they employ a person like Callum?

Not sure why people are saying 'if true'. Shuriken confirms it. Also if you go to that Instagram page and look in their stories there is a video of him calling someone the N word.
[close]

Because this call out is just shitty bait from someone with a personal vendetta against him. He's actually a good person and very much anti-racist.

What's the deal with the Shuriken Shannon story?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2020, 05:09:51 AM »
Expand Quote
There's countless people like this in Australia. White people will go to marches for the Indidenous community to feel good about themselves and wash away the guilt but are still bigots regardless.
[close]

Yeah, where else is that happening right now? Couldn't be you bunch of fuck wits in the US, could it?

Im not from the US. Australia, and i'm not white. Speaking from personal experience.

Nicki

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2020, 05:49:33 AM »
Ain’t gunna defend Callum, I don’t know him. But as an Aussie in my mid 30s who grew up in a shit hole town, I know what it’s like to grow up in a racist environment and what it’s like to grow out of the behaviours and thoughts that are taught to you from birth. It’s right and good to break out of those molds - many do not - and it’d be a shame if someone brought up thoughtless things I might have said when I was a kid and tried to defame me with them many years after the fact.

So, I dunno what Callum’s deal is, but if the bloke has grown since then and someone is dredging up shit more than a decade old, I really question their motives in doing so. What can really come of that but more division?

Fixed.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2020, 08:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fixed.

Yeah sick one. Probably just cross out the whole thread while you’re at it.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2020, 08:52:23 AM »
bump
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2020, 10:40:15 AM »
Remember Sammy winter had a interview and they asked him if he would ride for pass port but he wouldn’t because he hates Callum Paul

Callum hides behinds so many user names, that guys the worst

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2020, 10:45:03 AM »

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2020, 10:52:24 AM »
Expand Quote
I like Passports graphics, but don't know much about their team.
Even though they're totally different I was getting an Australian Pizza vibe from them...
[close]

Yes, they are like an Australian pizza. Apart from the amazing art direction, quality product, great team and fantastic full length movie they recently put out.
So I guess they aren't actually anything like an Australian pizza and that is a terrible take.
Callum is definitely a gigantic fuckwit though.

well said

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2020, 06:11:46 PM »
Remember Sammy winter had a interview and they asked him if he would ride for pass port but he wouldn’t because he hates Callum Paul

Callum hides behinds so many user names, that guys the worst

sammy winter tried to get on passport for years lol, he just said that to have the upper ground like he isn't actually asking the owner to ride for them at the pub every few months.

aren't we all hiding behind usernames on this website?
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2020, 06:18:53 PM »
not me this is my full legal name

KINGTONY

• Rep: -81
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2020, 06:24:10 PM »
anyone tried?
Didnt dare/ want to
fuckin disgusting they eat kangaroos too for real real

KINGTONY

• Rep: -81
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2020, 06:27:26 PM »
Aussie Pizza is usally just a hawaiian with egg and bbq sauce which means its just fkn gross

Pizza got to be like cherry tomatoes, anchovies, capsicum, basil and some bocconcini topped woth mozarell. Beliss.
and kangaroo smfh