Author Topic: Callum Paul is a racist  (Read 13311 times)

KINGTONY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -81
Re: Callum Paul is a racist
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2020, 06:38:46 AM »
ok stephen hawking i hope callum pisses in ya mouth

KINGTONY

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2020, 06:41:59 AM »
Fuck UWK. Donut operater seems like a good guy.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2020, 06:42:25 AM »
ok stephen hawking i hope callum pisses in ya mouth

CHICKEN

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

KINGTONY

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2020, 06:43:01 AM »
ok stephen hawking look at you go son quit takin selfies

captaindoody

• Rep: -73
  • A turd for you
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2020, 06:58:38 AM »
What is more  troubling than his loose use of the n word , is an entire continent that uses the C word to greet each other

Bunch of animals

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2020, 06:59:47 AM »
What is more  troubling than his loose use of the n word , is an entire continent that uses the C word to greet each other

Bunch of animals

England and Ireland are the same. I like it.

morningcommute

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2020, 07:18:33 AM »
Expand Quote

Bunch of animals
[close]

No. It’s far less troubling

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2020, 07:20:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Bunch of animals
[close]

[close]

No. It’s far less troubling

morningcommute

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2020, 07:25:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the images DO not appear if you're a guest on this message board

[close]
Wow, such a douche
[close]

So when was Shuriken talking about? That must have been after the n* video, so suggests a pattern of racism. Has Callum or Passport responded to this?

And what’s up with Passport? Is it just an all Aussie team of dudes who failed to make it in the US?
An Australian LE?
[close]

Did you miss the recent Passport full length or something?

Apologies for the double post guys.

Passport is a really great company. I’d it’s not on your radar it should be. The graphics, video output and company direction are all top tier.

Callum Paul has said the n-word. Fact. Multiple times- anecdotal evidence but strengthened by his historic use of the word and general reputation as a bully and a pusher of buttons.

Although it would be great (and at this point expected of) that passport would release a statement or push for Callum to release a statement, you should be going after Callum if you feel strongly about it. Not one of the companies he rides for. Message them and ask them why they think it’s acceptable. Don’t bash them because it’s the lazy option

Edit: Richard b- I meant to reply to the quote you were quoting. I also like calling my friends cunts.
There’s loads of great variations the Australians used in my time out there; Sus-cunt (not a term of endearment) and good cunt (term of endearment) are both great
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:30:17 AM by morningcommute »

KINGTONY

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2020, 07:32:31 AM »
they got koala foot biscotti

Nicki

« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2020, 08:30:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Wow, such a douche
[close]

So when was Shuriken talking about? That must have been after the n* video, so suggests a pattern of racism. Has Callum or Passport responded to this?

And what’s up with Passport? Is it just an all Aussie team of dudes who failed to make it in the US?
An Australian LE?
[close]

[close]

Passport is a really great company. I’d it’s not on your radar it should be. The graphics, video output and company direction are all top tier.

Callum Paul has said the n-word. Fact. Multiple times- anecdotal evidence but strengthened by his historic use of the word and general reputation as a bully and a pusher of buttons.

Although it would be great (and at this point expected of) that passport would release a statement or push for Callum to release a statement, you should be going after Callum if you feel strongly about it. Not one of the companies he rides for. Message them and ask them why they think it’s acceptable. Don’t bash them because it’s the lazy option

Edit: Richard b- I meant to reply to the quote you were quoting. I also like calling my friends cunts.
There’s loads of great variations the Australians used in my time out there; Sus-cunt (not a term of endearment) and good cunt (term of endearment) are both great

So, although at this point it would be expected for Passport to release a statement or push for Callum to release a statement, they haven’t. Despite BLM and the new recognition of accountability and responsibility that has seen a bunch of skaters/companies release statements and apologies (many covered here on Slap) - Passport and Callum have decided to gaslight the situation by remaining silent on the accusations/evidence and completely ignoring it.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:23:42 AM by Nicki »

morningcommute

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2020, 09:07:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Wow, such a douche
[close]

An Australian LE?
[close]

[close]

[close]

So, although at this point it would be expected for Passport to release a statement or push for Callum to release a statement, they haven’t. Despite BLM and the new recognition of accountability and responsibility that has seen a bunch of skaters/companies release statements and apologies (many covered here on Slap) - Passport and Callum have decided to gaslight the situation by remaining silent on the accusations/evidence and completely ignoring it.

And this is ok because?

I think that’s on Callum, not passport.

Edit: just realised my message contradicts my initial post that you quoted.

To clarify, I personally think Callum should address it himself and it’s on passport to either announce that statement, or echo it.

I definitely think it’s weird that they have those unity decks but haven’t mentioned it. Honestly though, outside of one Instagram account and a 4 page slap thread it really hasn’t gained any traction. Maybe because not many Americans know who he is and most Australians aren’t that fussed because it’s an insanely openly racist country?

It’s fucked that Callum used the hard R and fucked if he said that to shuriken, which would suggest he hasn’t matured between those two dates.
I also think passport should address it but I don’t think cussing the company on its legitimacy within skateboarding is the way to go. Seems fickle
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:14:03 AM by morningcommute »

quarterpound

• Rep: 14
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2020, 09:16:58 AM »
Australians confuse me. Is it bogan to be casually racist?

Not aus but I’ve known a bunch (lived over that way for a long time).  I don’t think they’re terrible people they’re just... typical white people, tbh.  Blind to privilege and think it’s fun to be able to talk trash with impunity, know two black people *maybe* and probably unintentionally torture them with constant hiphop references.  I love my ozzie friends - some killer skaters too — but no matter how well they “mean”, they’re always going to be a bit dorky (or worse, can be much worse) about race, until they finally really get used to other races.  It’s a very white country and they’re only just getting over their centuries beef with aboriginals, let alone the Chinese who now reside in Aus in relatively large numbers, let alone other races.  Not trying to say it’s cute or anything - at times there has been genocide - but I do think challenges as we try to heal this stuff are unavoidable.  Minorities in Aus are justified in feeling marginalized, but the only way through it is stuff like this: raise awareness, try to get protections in law, and, don’t take it lying down, but also accept that there WILL be hiccups in social progress.

Nicki

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2020, 09:29:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Wow, such a douche
[close]

An Australian LE?
[close]

[close]

[close]

And this is ok because?
[close]

To clarify, I personally think Callum should address it himself and it’s on passport to either announce that statement, or echo it.

I definitely think it’s weird that they have those unity decks but haven’t mentioned it. Honestly though, outside of one Instagram account and a 4 page slap thread it really hasn’t gained any traction. Maybe because not many Americans know who he is and most Australians aren’t that fussed because it’s an insanely openly racist country?

It’s fucked that Callum used the hard R and fucked if he said that to shuriken, which would suggest he hasn’t matured between those two dates.
I also think passport should address it but I don’t think cussing the company on its legitimacy within skateboarding is the way to go. Seems fickle

I’m not cussing their legitimacy in skateboarding, i just think they’re blowing this opportunity to get on board with BLM by ignoring problems in their company. Besides Callum doesn’t have IG right? so it has to come from Passport. And yeah, you’re right, Australia is so saturated in racism that they struggle to see historical and ongoing entrenched colonialism.

Why not just acknowledge past errors, apologise and move forward? If Passport is the ‘good cunt’ company you’re saying they are, this seems the obvious move they should have already taken. Their response (or lack of) seems more in keeping with their blokey Aussie anglo kitche vibe.

Can you point me to any BLM posts on their IG? Not great.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:36:26 AM by Nicki »

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2020, 09:45:50 AM »
Passport promoted the black lives matter/stop black deaths in custody rallies in Sydney when they were happening at the start of the month. Why don’t you guys just focus on the issues in your own shitty country rather than making sweeping generalisations based on your own limited interactions with Australians.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

morningcommute

« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2020, 09:46:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Wow, such a douche
[close]

An Australian LE?
[close]

[close]

[close]

And this is ok because?
[close]

[close]

I’m not cussing their legitimacy in skateboarding, i just think they’re blowing this opportunity to get on board with BLM by ignoring problems in their company. Besides Callum doesn’t have IG right? so it has to come from Passport. And yeah, you’re right, Australia is so saturated in racism that they struggle to see historical and ongoing entrenched colonialism.

Why not just acknowledge past errors, apologise and move forward? If Passport is the ‘good cunt’ company you’re saying they are, this seems the obvious move they should have already taken. Their response (or lack of) seems more in keeping with their blokey Aussie anglo kitche vibe.

Can you point me to any BLM posts on their IG? Not great.

“And what’s up with Passport? Is it just an all Aussie team of dudes who failed to make it in the US?
An Australian LE?“

Yeah that’s exactly what you did.

To clarify- I think it’s a shame it hasn’t been addressed and am going to assume Callum is a sus-cunt and a bigot. Which is not acceptable.
I just think it’s fickle to take a stab at passport Instead of Callum.
He doesn’t have Instagram so passport have to sort this for him? No, he can download it. He has a smart phone or he can ring shuriken and talk it through and speak to the guy that posted it.
You don’t seem to have read what I’ve said. I agree this is a bad look for passport and Callum is in the wrong, but you taking cheap shots is just a bit pathetic and weakens your argument.
For the record, I don’t know anyone from passport, except Callum, who I met once for half an hour when I showed him the way to a bar. He was abit annoying and seemed like an ass

morningcommute

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2020, 09:58:17 AM »
Passport promoted the black lives matter/stop black deaths in custody rallies in Sydney when they were happening at the start of the month. Why don’t you guys just focus on the issues in your own shitty country rather than making sweeping generalisations based on your own limited interactions with Australians.

Yeah would like to agree about sweeping generalisations but I lived in Australia for a year and encountered casual racism under the guise of ‘banter’ everyday. Admittedly I was in the northern territories and from what I understand the rest of Australia It’s similar to the American south in terms of narrow mindedness, in terms of racial equality.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2020, 10:00:16 AM »
 :'(
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah would like to agree about sweeping generalisations but I lived in Australia for a year and encountered casual racism under the guise of ‘banter’ everyday. Admittedly I was in the northern territories and from what I understand the rest of Australia It’s similar to the American south in terms of narrow mindedness, in terms of racial equality.

NT is funny isn't it? Where were you ? I was in Darwin roofing houses in that blistering heat for a year. Great times.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2020, 10:01:14 AM »

I'm half Australian and have to say most Australians are bigoted wankers even the ones that try incredibly hard not to be.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2020, 10:02:08 AM »
Well said. Fucking social justice warriors everywhere.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2020, 10:19:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No, I’m not endorsing this reply. Australia does have a problem with culturally (and systematically) entrenched racism - Indigenous Australians are the most incarcerated people in the world by population, our treatment of refugees is abhorrent and we have a powerful right wing media/government that seeks to uphold these systems and further push white settler colonial narratives. My problem is with people in this thread using their interactions with Aussie friends or their brief time in the Northern Territory - easily the state with the most complex racial issues in the country - as somehow analogous to whatever is happening in this thread. You guys actually have no idea what is happening in the scene here and who has spoken to who about what - you’re just jumping on this narrative to import your countries own shitty way of dealing with things onto us.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

morningcommute

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2020, 10:49:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No, I’m not endorsing this reply. Australia does have a problem with culturally (and systematically) entrenched racism - Indigenous Australians are the most incarcerated people in the world by population, our treatment of refugees is abhorrent and we have a powerful right wing media/government that seeks to uphold these systems and further push white settler colonial narratives. My problem is with people in this thread using their interactions with Aussie friends or their brief time in the Northern Territory - easily the state with the most complex racial issues in the country - as somehow analogous to whatever is happening in this thread. You guys actually have no idea what is happening in the scene here and who has spoken to who about what - you’re just jumping on this narrative to import your countries own shitty way of dealing with things onto us.

Some fair points and communicated well.

The bones of this is Callum is a professional skateboarder and his job is to market himself to appeal to the average skateboarder to promote his board and promote the company he rides for (admittedly,  I’m assuming he has a board, but even if he isn’t pro the obligation still stands). Passports job is to promote themselves and their riders to the average skateboarder to sell their product.

If passport want to sell to an international market they have to appeal to people
Of all the countries they sell in.
Right now in the current state of the world it’s pretty much expected that if you drop a hard R and get called out, you will probably release a text statement of some kind saying you denounce these actions and everyone has learnt about themselves and are ready to educate and apologise or whatever they see fit.

I’m not sure why you’ve chosen to single me out as I’ve made it clear I enjoy passport and believe this is Callum’s issue to deal with And don’t agree with the internet witch hunt or trying to cancel companies that employ idiots. BUT, it seems abit odd that passport would not openly address this given all the history or systemic racism in Australia (where they are based and have strong brand association) in the current social climate, no?

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2020, 10:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The bones of this is Callum is a professional skateboarder and his job is to market himself to appeal to the average skateboarder to promote his board and promote the company he rides for (admittedly,  I’m assuming he has a board, but even if he isn’t pro the obligation still stands). Passports job is to promote themselves and their riders to the average skateboarder to sell their product.

If passport want to sell to an international market they have to appeal to people
Right now in the current state of the world it’s pretty much expected that if you drop a hard R and get called out, you will probably release a text statement of some kind saying you denounce these actions and everyone has learnt about themselves and are ready to educate and apologise or whatever they see fit.

I’m not sure why you’ve chosen to single me out as I’ve made it clear I enjoy passport and believe this is Callum’s issue to deal with And don’t agree with the internet witch hunt or trying to cancel companies that employ idiots. BUT, it seems abit odd that passport would not openly address this given all the history or systemic racism in Australia (where they are based and have strong brand association) in the current social climate, no?
Well said.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

morningcommute

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2020, 11:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Well said.

Go away

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2020, 11:11:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I never said anything about racism dude. I just said I was in Darwin and it was hot.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Well said.
[close]

Go away
Well said.

RhinestoneCowboy

• Rep: -19
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »
Some turkey obviously feels like they have been bullied by Callum Paul so they send a loaded question to Shuriken who didn't reveal anything and we're still talking about this?

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2020, 02:05:49 PM »
Jfc can all these glorified snitches who want to “expose” other skaters please get their own section on slap?

or just go to reddit or fucking tumblr or live journal for that matter that's how fucking played out this shit is
" I did not say this I am not here"

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -203
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2020, 04:07:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

so only Australians are allowed to speak on the topic?

every cunt chimes in on the USA. welcome to first world problems

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2020, 04:26:08 PM »
I seriously doubt Callum knows any of this is going on. No social media, definitely wouldn’t visit Slap either.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]